get rid of theme fonts in font dropdown

having 'theme fonts' always appearing at the top of the fonts dropdown is
annoying as well as making me mouse more (as if it isn't bad enough how much
more mousing the damn 2007 requires)
any way to get rid of it?
tnx

Word is a style driven application. If you format the document with styles
rather than use manual formatting, there should be little need to use the
fonts dialog.
There is no way I am aware of to remove the theme fonts from the top of the
fonts list, but you can clear the recently used fonts list by editing the
registry. Copy and paste the following to a notepad document (example shown
is Word 2007).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Options]
"NoFontMRUList"="1"

Save it as FontListOff.reg
Merge it into the registry with Word closed. (right click the filename in
Windows Explorer and select Merge)

To turn it back on again

Change  "NoFontMRUList"="1"
"NoFontMRUList"="0"

to start the list again (empty).

As for the mouse issues, Word has always made extensive use of keyboard
shortcuts (the vast majority of which remain the same in Word 2007) and you
can add to these with your own personal choices. Your fingers need rarely
leave the keyboard.
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"dawn.aquila" <dawnaquila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> having 'theme fonts' always appearing at the top of the fonts dropdown is
> annoying as well as making me mouse more (as if it isn't bad enough how
> much
> more mousing the damn 2007 requires)
> any way to get rid of it?
> tnx

0
Graham

How to get last session position in 2007 Word
Hi! There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word Sub AutoOpen() Application.GoBack End Sub that give last editing position when open document. This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead? Check this thread. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=application.GoBack&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&cat=en-us-office-word&lang=en&cr=US&pt=617c4d62-4061-4107-8d46-2a22fc6fa202&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us Hope it helps, -- Brian McCaffery ...

Getting RichEdit's TOM/ITextDocument by its Window Handle?
I cannot get the sample code from microsoft's example here of looking up in the running object table by window handle for a RichEdit's ITextDocument http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/richedit/textobjectmodel/abouttextobjectmodel.asp (scroll midway down to subtitle: Interface from Running Object Table) I suspect the example code is in error as CreateFileMoniker makes no mention of working with a windows handle number passed as a hex string as the example shows... Can anyone confirm it works or doesnt work or tell me how to accomplish this another way?...

Get 'Requesting data...' message
I moved my computer to a totally different domain. Ever since then I periodically get a screen that pops up while in Outlook that says 'Requesting data from server E01...' E01 is the Exchange server on the OLD domain. I am not connected to the domain on which this server resides. I've looked everywhere in my Outlook setup to try to determine why it's looking for E01 and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this is also causing some latency problems; for example, after composing an e-mail and clicking on Send, it can sometimes take 10-15 seconds before the e-ma...

horrible font
Hi, in the middle of the pane between the list of email headers and the preview pane, where it says 'From: blah blah[email address] is in a horrible font now. I don't reallu know what happened here, but can it be changed back to the normal font whatever that was? ...

Getting SharePoint to work in the xRM demo VPC
I have the standard demo VPC that uses the MicrosoftCRM organization. When I try to open SharePoint CA or even the default site collection, I get an IE error suggesting I'm not connected to the Internet. Does anyone know if there are additional configuration steps that I need to take in order to use SharePoint on this demo VPC? I'm not sure which VPC you are referring to, but generally Microsoft doesn't release VPCs that need to connect to the Internet or that can connect to the internet. Keith Delarge posted a blog article about how to connect one of the UK CRM partner d...

GP 7.5
A new company was setup in GP 7.5 and in the process of testing out some Sales Order transactions, we are getting the Company not found error. Can't find the error in Knowledgebase. Could this be somehow tied to the currency? Kind of stumped on what to check. DC, When you say "a new company was setup", how did you set it up? Did you copy the information from another company? If so, did you follow KB article 872709 to accomplish your setup? Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "dc_in_n...

Your holiday donation can be a gift of hope to children in need. Get free stuff for your baby when you donate to Save the Children, Please help us with the children----> http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.
Your holiday donation can be a gift of hope to children in need. Get free stuff for your baby when you donate to Save the Children, Please help us with the children----> http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.html ...

why do I get sending message 2 of 2 when I only sent 1 email
When I send an e-mail, the status says sending 1 of 2 , sending 2 of 2. I only sent one e-mail. What was the second one for? There are no attachments, CCs or BCCs. Using Outlook 2007? This is quite common then when you have multiple accounts configured. Outlook 2007 has a counting bug which is partly fixed with Service Pack 2. It's just a counting issue, no additional mail is actually sent. Of course, it never hurts to look if you actually have a stuck Read Receipt. To do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Why can't I get my hotmail account linked to office 2000? #2
I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link hotmail to my mail service. I am not able to import my hotmail account or send messages and would like guidance on how I can get this set up. I am using a cable connection, thanks for the help! If your Hotmail account is free, you cannot connect via outlook. This is the most common cause of not being able to connect. "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2F8899B-4E0B-4B71-8678-7BC29739301A@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link...

How do you get Signatures to be in the email all the time?
Hi, I have a simple question. I have been using Windows Mail Desktop for awhile. I love it, except for two things. The one problem I have is when I am on the internet and there is a link to an email, if you click on it it brings up a window for sending an email. My signature does not show in that. How do I get it to show in that? I looked at all the options and I didn't see where I could do that. My sigature only shows when I click new messages, or replying. Not when I open up an email window from a link on the internet. How do I do that? Also, I asked this before but ...

Getting class name(MFC)
Hi All, In InitInstance I need a class name but before assigning to m_pMainWnd. InitInstance() { .. .. .. //Here i need a classname to check the instance of the application is not already running // FindWindow(,,) .. .. .. CFileWriteDlg dlg; m_pMainWnd = &dlg; .. .. .. } How should i get the Class name? Thanks and regards Amar See here: http://flounder.com/nomultiples.htm Amar wrote: > //Here i need a classname to check the instance of the application is > not already running > // FindWindow(,,) I like this class for this sort of thing. It's really easy to implem...

How do I get 300dpi resolution for my Publisher doc?
I've created an ad and am submitting it for publication. It needs to be minimum 300dpi resolution...How do I see what resolution it is and how do I set it to 300dpi? Select all, group, right-click, save as picture, select 300dpi. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ebj" <ebj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7758FE74-7E67-476E-BEA6-DF37882421A2@microsoft.com... > I've created an ad and am submitting it for public...

pulisher font problems
have created a two sided brochure using publisher 2000. coworkers are not able to open or print the brochure on their pc's because the fonts are not recognized. fonts used are papyrus and BethsCuteHmkBold. Is there a way to load these fonts or for other users to get the correct fonts. I suppose you could copy the font files and send them along and then they could install them in their computers. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "j" <jwalsh@augurinc.com> wrote in message news:037201c386ad$11aab450$a401280a@phx.gbl... &...

I can't get Excell to do automatic backup
With Word, I can to Options/Advanced/Save and choose to Always create backup copy. Then, every time I resave a Word 2007 doc, I get the backup with a ..wbk file extension. I just can't figure out how to do the same with Excel. There is no comparable Options/Advanced/Save choices. I do see in Word the AutoRecover option in Options/Save- though there is something weird about that because it has for a default AutoRecover file location: C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ but I can't find the AppData folder unless it's hidden. In the Excel help file- i...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

font sizes for To, From, and Subject text boxes
How do you change the font sizes for these 3 textboxes when composing an email? When you set the fonts under Options->Mail Format, only the font in textarea for the message body gets changed. Thanks, Ernest Correct. That's what that setting is for -- to change the message font. If you want to change the font sizes of other elements, you'd have to design a custom form. In some cases, changing the overall Windows font size might also have an effect. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Dev...

Font Size in Outlook 2003 Too Large
When I open Outlook to compose an email, the font size that is displayed while I'm typing is large, probably at an 18 font size (I am using Word as my editor). When I send the message and then look at it in the sent folder, the font is not enlarged. In the sent folder the font size corresponds to the setting that is shown on the toolbar while I am typing. It seems that the only place that the font is out of whack is on the display. Any suggestions as to how I can correct this? Thanks for your help. You're probably zoomed in. Hold down the CTRL key and roll the wheel o...

Non printable fonts
I would like to know is there a way to format text that is can be display but will not print when send to print. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One solution I've seen on this is a macro code in the BeforePrint event that sets the color of selected cells equal to the background color, usually white. Or, you can use a textbox from the Drawing toolbar and deselect "Print object" in its properties. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to new...

Font size changing automatically when sending mail
My employee is sending mails that, although they look fine when creating, once sent, the font size changes automatically on various lines of the e-mail. ...

How do i get email in outlook and not outlook express
Make Outlook the default under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mickw asked: On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:31:01 -0700, "mickw" <mickw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: (nothing!) Check for mail with Outlook and delete the mail accounts and automatic mail polling from Outlook Express. --...

How get to end of document without scrolling?
How get to end of document without scrolling quickly? Ctrl + End -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cb" <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E71871-C5BD-4100-8B34-39D6A81ED8F6@microsoft.com... > How get to end of document without scrolling quickly? THANKS IT TAKES ME TO THE RIGHT i NEED TO GO TO THE BOTTOM OF LIKE 600 ROWS "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Ctrl + End > > > -- > > > Regards, > > > Peo Sjoblom > > > "cb" <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:71E71871-C...

I cannot get my pivotchart to filter data the way I want
On the x-axis I have 1440 data points in a drop down box in a pivotchart. I want to select 60 data points to view at a time, right now I have to individually select all sixty all datapoints to view. Help please. ...

I get an error message on outlook cannot connect with web server .
alll of a sudden I caan't update the calendar I posted on office live. It says outlook cannot connect to web server? I downloaded the recent share point server after this message, but it is still happening....help. Known issue - Go to office.com and sign in with the same Live ID you use to publish your calendar and select "Save my e-mail address and password". Restart Outlook and the browser. It should now work for either publishing or updating a subscribed calendar, at least until you sign out of Office Online and/or LiveID. I’m not sure what the secret is - ...

if I know the last name can I get the first name from the full name?
I'm inporting data that has the person's full name in one field. i.e. "GLORIA DE LOS SANTOS". But they have given me a last name in a separate field, and it's listed as "LOS SANTOS". Since I know the last name, can I extract everything excluding the last name from the full name? I don't mind if they included the middle initial and that was on the end of the first name. I could live with that. Thanks Kelvin Well, one way to do it is just use the length function and pull from the full name field the field length of the full name field minus length ...