Formatting Page Numbers

I am formatting a manual that supposed to have page numbers starting 0.0,
0.1, ... then 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. with an accompanying TOC.

I am perfectly willing to put the page numbers in manually to make sure that
they are done accurately, but I cannot figure out how to turn off the
automatic page numbers or format them the way I need to. There must be
something I can do with section breaks, but the revision date is alternating
vertically on the side of the pages because it's a manual.

Thoughts on how I can make the page numbers work out?

What dictates the change from the 0. series of numbers to the 1. series?

If that occurs at a Section break in the document, you could use the
following field construction

{ = { SECTION } - 1 }.{ IF { SECTION } = 1 { = { PAGE } - 1 } { PAGE } }

AND have the page numbering set to Restart at 1 in each Section

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Katherine C." <Katherine C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am formatting a manual that supposed to have page numbers starting 0.0,
> 0.1, ... then 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. with an accompanying TOC.
>
> I am perfectly willing to put the page numbers in manually to make sure
> that
> they are done accurately, but I cannot figure out how to turn off the
> automatic page numbers or format them the way I need to. There must be
> something I can do with section breaks, but the revision date is
> alternating
> vertically on the side of the pages because it's a manual.
>
> Thoughts on how I can make the page numbers work out?

0
Doug

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

FrontPage 2002
I've been trying to insert a page break that would facilitate user friendly printing purposes, but when I use the Insert>Break... option I'm not getting the results I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Yes, ask in the FrontPage newsgroup. MS Word is not related. "HollieM" <HollieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6732D88-5442-45CF-B6B6-2C94E1041210@microsoft.com... : I've been trying to insert a page break that would facilitate user friendly : printing purposes, but when I use the Insert>Break... option I'm not getting ...

Conditional Formating Help

creating an index for multiple pages within a visio document?
I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it. Is there an automated way to create an index from the name of each drawing? Thanks Carol in Roy WA There used to be an add-on "table of contents" but I have not it used in years in earlier versions, but try searching for it. "clemonwa" <clemonwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9728AA5-1529-41AC-940C-B275C9D5A1E7@microsoft.com... >I have a visio document with about 50 drawings in it. Is there an >automated > way to create an index from the name of each drawing? > > Thanks &g...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How do I mail merge for postcards in MS Publisher 2 or 4 per page.
Can anyone help? Create a mail merge Step by step instructions http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "reechemist" <reechemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E75713-F19E-4AA3-81E8-98E0BFD795A5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? ...

Print report with second page
Hi All, I have a report that we print. We want to be able to print an additional page of data a check box is checked. I have a command button they press now that generates the report. How would I do this so that the report stays as one report with 2 pages. Verses generating 2 seperate reports. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

how to get odd numbered pages to view on right hand side of scree.
i am using word 2003. i want to preview a document with two pages to a view. the odd numbered pages appear on the left hand side of the screen. this is opposite to the real life appearance of the document when odd pages would be on the right hand side. how do i get the pages to appear as in a real life layout? The only way to see facing pages at all is in Print Preview (you can't do it in Print Layout view). In order to do it in Print Preview, you have to have "Different odd and even" headers/footers and/or "Mirror margins" enabled. -- Suzanne S. Bar...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Primary Key that Contains Number as a String & starting with zero
I have two forms: frmFaculty and frmCourse. I have linked these two forms through the FacultyID. When I open the frmCourse through the frmFaculty it transfers the FacultyID because I given frmCourse OnCurrent the following language: If Me.NewRecord Then [FacultyID].DefaultValue = Forms![Faculty]![FacultyID] End If My problem is that if the FacultyID is 094511 for some reason it does not pick up the zero. This is odd because I made this field into a string. Can someone help me in explaining how do I make the zero appear in the front when I open the frmCourse? Thank you!! ...