footnote number not superscript in text

In one document of a multi-document project the footnote numbers are regular
numbers like3 instead of superscript. I figured out how to change them
individually, but I can't figure out what I did differently that caused this
document to do the numbers differently, nor can I figure out how to change it
back. I am using Word 2007. Thanks!

Footnote numbers should have the Character Style "Footnote Reference"
applied to them, and "Footnote Reference" normally contains nothing
but Superscript format. Make sure that it's still that way in your
Footnote Reference style.

If Footnote Reference style has somehow not been applied to the
footnote references, you can (re)apply it with Find/Replace (Ctrl-H).
With the cursor in the Find What? box, go to More > Special and choose
Footnote Mark (or just type ^f); then tab the cursor to the Replace
With box, go to Format > Style and choose Footnote Reference, and
click Replace All.

On Apr 27, 10:11=A0pm, Mark D B <Mark D B...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> In one document of a multi-document project the footnote numbers are regu=
lar
> numbers like3 instead of superscript. I figured out how to change them
> individually, but I can't figure out what I did differently that caused t=
his
> document to do the numbers differently, nor can I figure out how to chang=
e it
> back. I am using Word 2007. Thanks!

0
Peter

text editor
Hello, I am writing Text editor. How can I transfer data (CString) from dialog to main window? I have used MFC Wizard and CEditView class. Well that's kinda of an open ended question. It all depends on who is opening the dialog. The first thing to do is to have a CString member in your dialog that has the text in it. Write a GetText method in your dialog. Then: CTextDialog Dlg; if (Dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { Text = Dlg.GetText(); } I don't know of too many text editors that need to do this kind of thing. What does the dialog box do? AliR. <petra980@gmail.com> wrote i...

Using text in an IF statement?
Using Excel 2002 This is what I want to do... A1 = a number or text A2 = a number A3 = A1*A2 If A1 is text, what is the correct IF statement in A3 so I don't get #Value as the answer? Thanks, On Jun 12, 9:44=A0pm, The Hun <thehuni...@hotmail.com> wrote: > A1 =A0=3D =A0a number or text > A2 =A0=3D =A0a number > A3 =A0=3D =A0A1*A2 > If A1 is text, what is the correct IF statement > in A3 so I don't get #Value as the answer? Depends on what result you want when A1 is text. One way: =3Dif(istext(A1), "", A1*A2) Another way: =3Dn(A1)*A2 If you ...

Limit number of Recipients
Under SMTP, in Exchange 2003, there is an option to limit the number of recipients. It splits the outgoing mail into multiples of 100 (default). However, most Service Providers seem to block any email that have more than 25 recipients. This option is not allowed. Is there a way to make this option accept Limit Number of Recipients to 25 instead of 100? On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:54:05 -0800, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Under SMTP, in Exchange 2003, there is an option to limit the number of >recipients. It splits the outgoing mail into multiples of 100 (defau...

I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to create If DCount code on my form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the message as soon as I attempt to add the first record. If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = "...

hovering cursor over footnote number in text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I used to be able to hover the cursor over a foot/end note number in the document, and a mini window would show me the note text. All of a sudden, my cursor no longer works this way. I don't think I changed any settings, but can anyone tell me how I might fix this? <br><br>Thanks! Check another document: is that the same? You may have converted that footnote to hard text at some point, in which case there is no note text to show. Sorry: I can't think of anything else... On 11/03/10 5:32 AM, in article...

Auto Generate Serial Number
We have an issue where an Item is set to Serial Number Tracking. Every Receipts is around 300 units and need to enter the Serial Number for every item. The Item has sequential numbers received from the supplier in a given range e.g. from 1 to 400. the Serial Number is 20 chars long and a bit time consuming to enter in GP. Is their a product/function that can do this? How about going into the serial number setup for the item before entering the receipt, changing the starting value, then during the receipt entry having the system auto-generate the numbers? This will only work if they ar...

saving a report to a text file without decimals
I have a report that needs to be exported to a text file in a specific format without decimal places. It's a list of checks for reconciliation purposes. In Access, I have created the report. Currently what the client is doing is opening the report, taking it to word, using replace to get rid of the decimal places, then saving it as a text file to email to the bank. I would like to automate the process so that it save sot a specific folder ready to be uploaded. I have a couple of problems... I don't know how to get rid of the decimal points within Access The only way...

Editing Footnotes
How can I change how the footnotes appear at the bottom of the page in a document that already exists with footnotes in it? Issues are: (1) Sometimes there is one space, (2) sometimes there is a tab before the footnote text -- both of which I think I've handled in the code below, and (3) in rare occassions, there is no space before the footnote text -- and I have no idea what to do in that case! I want to programatically edit all footnotes to appear with two spaces before the footnote text. Can someone please take a look and advise me (1) have I dealt with the first ...

Number of different cell formats
I have an excel file, which I can't opened because it has already too many different cell formats, which I solved by formatting, but is there a way how can I see a statistic of the number of formats used in one file (out of 4000 I think), in order not to find my self in a same situation in the future, thanks in advance Excel must maintain a count somewhere in order to trigger this error, but I don't think it is readily accessible. The thing to do is to cut down on the number of different formats in your workbook - don't go mad using lots of different type faces and font siz...

Number of worksheets #3
I am using Excel 97. Apparently Excel 97 can only support 255 worksheets, but I have a workbook which has over 400 worksheets! Can someone please tell me how and why the software has allowed it and what are the implications if any? If it does support it without any problems what would be the absolute maximum number os worksheets it could hold? -- Mark The number of WSs is limited only by the memory on your machine. That 255 number is just the number of sheets that can be created in a new WB *automatically*. Try this: Set the option to 255 sheets for a new WB. Open that new WB. Right...

Nudging Text Boxes in a Chart
Has anyone found a way to "nudge" data labels in a PPT chart? I know I can move them by clicking and dragging but when I try to use the arrow keys (as I do for objects) the cursor tabs to other areas in the chart. And when clicking and dragging the labels they seem to snap to a grid and I have very limited control over them. Thanks for any insights!! -- Trisha H No one has to "find a way", there are already several standard ways to accomplish that. :o) Turn off the "Snap Objects to Grid" (in 2003 View, Grid and Guides) or in that same loca...

numbering text boxes?
Is there a way to number text boxes in a document? I'm trying to create coupons that I can number, putting 3 to a page, so I'd need to number the text boxes rather than the pages. Mail merge... Setup a data base list with numbers. Lots of help here Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D77331E-3B4A-47B4-BC9B-50FA4E883555@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to nu...

Giving a duplicate cell a number
say in column A i had a cell which had "Horse" in it , and it said "Horse" in randown cells in column A , what formula could i use in column B so that everytime it recgnised "Horse" in cell A is would give it a unique number ie Horse featured in cells A1 A4 A7 A20 So in the coressponding cell in column B it would have 1,2,3,4 etc A1 = HORSE B1=1 A4 = HORSE B4=2 A7 = HORSE B7=3 Thanks for any help -- scottymelloty ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Finding pairs of numbers
Is this possible? I assume this will involve some VB coding also: Part Num Associated Part Num 123 456 789 5623 8521 6352 456 123 5478 9821 444444 AT256 5623 789 Formula in "C" that would find the mate and insert a "Pairing" number So that the 1st and 4th rows would have a 1 and the 2nd and 7th would have a 2 etc This subroutine will do it - change the range in first statement to suit you needed Sub tryme() Set testrange = Range("A1:C20") For j = 1 To testrange.Count - 1 testA = testrange(j, 1) & testrange(j, 2) Fo...

Outlook 2002 (text wrap at 72 characters)
How does outlook wrap text i.e a space and then a new line. Why does outlook wrap text in the middle of a word instead of whitespace? ...

Workbook Numbering
In Excel XP, I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. In the footer for each worksheet I am trying to insert the page number regarding the total number of pages in the entire workbook (i.e. Page 10 of 25). I group all the sheets together yet for each sheet, the page number is just listed as page 1 or 2 for that sheet. Can anyone help? Thanks. Jason You need to print the sheets as a group. So select all of the sheets and then print Good Luck Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M ----- Jason S wrote: ---- In Excel XP, I have multiple worksheets in a workbook I...

Incremental numbering
I have a created an Excel spreadsheet for printing labels. I need to be able to incrementally increase each label count by one, which I can do with no problem. I can not figure out how to increase by one if there is a word in front of it. Example the first label would be: WORD 1001 The second label would be: WORD 1002 The WORD would stay constant, but the numbers would change. I would also like display a dialog box to ask the user what the starting number would be and then automatically prefill the sheet. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff not sure this is the best way but here is how i ...

Text in Attached Word File Changes When Copied to Outlook
When I receive a document as an attachment in Word, I often need to open the document, copy the contents, put it in a new Outlook e-mail and send it. The recipient does not get the same text I copied. It appears that Word has defaulted to the previous saved version, even though that's not what was copied. Many tests have confirmed this. Has anyone experienced this problem? How about listing complete steps to reproduce the problem and your version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power User...

How do I add footnotes in Publisher? #2
How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Hi kgoff (kgoff@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it || possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but || there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Publisher doesn't have this feature. You have to create them manually...usually using superscript etc. ...

TEXT function international dates
Hi I have a workbook that uses the formula TEXT(mydate, "mmm-yy") to convert dates into text strings. In my English version of Excel it is working fine. The problem is that I share this spreadsheets with users that have a French version of Excel and for them it's not working right. The referenced cell say '01/03/09' displays 'Mar-09' for me, whereas for them it will be 'mar-aa'. --French format for dates is 'jj/mm/aa' instead of 'dd/mm/yy'. Is there any solution? I do need to keep the text conversion as I use the result to concaten...

This item has exceeded the budget for account number.
Hello, I am getting a recurring error message which prevents a user from entering in an expense into eReq because the system considers the account over budget, when in fact it is not. To correct the error, the origin of which we are still uncertain, we were instructed to run File/Maintenance/PO Enhancements/Reconcile. We received this message several times today and ran the utility which did not have any impact on the situation- the error message continues to pop up (i.e., for 53300-1650-000 Finance Office Supplies). The exact error message is: This item has exceeded the budget for...

Footnotes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a document? I also can't remember how to do it, but I would do it by first looking in Word's Help. You can search for "footnotes" and you'll should easily find the article "Restart footnote or endnote numbers". --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/05/10 13:40, kodnik@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you > restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a docu...

Random number generation
I've got a table of numbers - that are sequential but not consecutive Is it possible to Randomise them - I.e make them non sequential? TIA -- Alan Davies Tel: 0788 151 8442 Take a look at the first technique here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.htm In article <#MdKkD#OGHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Alan Davies" <alan@davies.info> wrote: > I've got a table of numbers - that are sequential but not consecutive > Is it possible to Randomise them - I.e make them non sequential? > > TIA The URL needs to have .html at the end of it...

locating same text in multiple fields
I have a drug database that has 8 fields for indications. I need to search for the same indication in all 8 fields. Example: Search for "inflammation" in all 8 fields, and return the drug if "inflammation" is found IN ANY ONE of the 8 fields. I write "inflammation" in the Criteria row of field 1, and "inflammation" in the OR row of the next 7 fields. The problem I am having is that if "inflammation" is not in the first field, the OR statements will not look for it in the other 7 fields. Mike If you have "8 fields for ...

Changing footnotes to endnotes
How do I change footnotes to endnotes in Word 97? -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk Not sure about Word 97, but in 2000 and 2003 go to the Footnote reference create dialog, in 2003 this is under Insert, Reference, Footnote, on this dialog there is a Convert button, clcik this and you have choice of Converting All Footnotes to Endnotes, Converting All Endnotes to Footnotes, and Swap Footnotes and Endnote...