fonts line by line

I'm doing line by line translation.  How can I easily use different fonts for
alternating lines?

Assuming you're pressing Enter at the end of each line, so each line
is a separate paragraph:

Define two paragraph styles, one for each font.*  In the definition of
each style, specify the other style as the "style for following
paragraph".

*In case you don't know, to define a style, click Format > Styles and
Formatting (Word 2003 and earlier) or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Word
2007) to open the Styles pane, then click the New Style button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:46:01 -0800, Carol49
<Carol49@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm doing line by line translation.  How can I easily use different fonts for
>alternating lines?
0
Jay

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Variable series multi line chart?
I have a set of records each having a month/yr value, a product value and a number field called Backlog that is either 1 or 0. There will always 24 month/yr values represented in my data (24 month range) and there can be at least 40 different products. The month/yr values will change depending on what month my report is run, but there could be any number of products. I want a multi line chart that has the 24 months listed across the bottom and shows the count of backlog for each product per month (with each product as a series I guess). I guess my chart data source will have a c...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line
Read Receipt Rule w/Numbers in Subject Line I have tried every way I know to get around this problem to no avail. Below is a sample of the read receipts I need to filter to only my read receipt folder. Keep in mind, the number for each receipt will be a higher number, like 1570, 1571, etc. Read: iCare (v3.0.33) iComment ID 1569 Confirmation I have the following rules in place. Read: iCare (v3.033) iComment ID in subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder Read: in the subject line move it to the Read Receipts folder iCare (v3.0.33) Confirmation move it to the iComments folder except i...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Contract versus contract lines...
CRMers, For our business, customers get one year standard support when they purchase a product (it is a software application). Therefore, I created a contract template with "coverage dates" as the allotment. The next step is to create a contract for a customer. This also seemed straightforward. However, it order to convert the contract from draft status to invoice status, I now am required to create a new contract line. Q1. Why do I need a new contract line when I already specified the necessary information in the contract itself. The most important information was the start and t...

Truncate message after certain number of lines
Hi All; Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. TIA On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:35:04 -0700, WhoC@nItbN0W <WhoCnItbN0W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All; > >Is there some way in which this can be achieved through Exchange 2003 and >pushed onto all users on the domain? Cant seem to figure out how to do this. > > > >TIA Whats the goal? Hi: 1. A simple issue really (a) Cant prevent users from fwding emails over emails, appending their rema...

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

line feed in MAILTO:
Hi freinds, As we know, if we use <a href="mailto:pashour@mail.all-in-1.com?subject=sebject&amp;body=body">mailme </a> then clientside outlook awill be opend and send email based on address, subject and body. My question is : HOw can I use line break in bodu part? I need to have 2-3 lines in body section! Thanks in advance, Pat Use %0D%0A to code line breaks and %20 for spaces. The url would look something like this: mailto:pashour@mail.all-in-1.com?Subject=Your%20subject%20text&amp;Body=Your%20body%20text%0D%0Awith%20a%20line%20break -- PATRICK REED [Ou...

Font problem with metafile
I have the following code to draw vertical text to a DC. LOGFONT lf; lf.lfEscapement = 900; lf.lfOrientation = 900; CFont font; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); CFont* pOldFont = pDC->SelectObject(&font); pDC->TextOut(...); .... it draws correctly on the screen but not to a metafile. When I insert the metafile to Word the text is not vertical. But on the save machine when I insert it to Excel the text is vertical. What could be the problem. Can anybody help me. xiaoguo ge, If the metafile looks like expected in Excel, but not in Word, I would normally say that this seems to...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Fonts in Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you change the DEFAULT font in Contacts? T ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META con...

Andy Font & Universal Font ...
I was able to download the Andy font recently, but had to reformat my HD. I believe it came with a Microsoft Publisher update, so I wasn't too worried. However, I cannot seem to locate the font again. I also understand the readers on this Newsgroup are incredibly intelligent and know everything in the world. Any clues on how I can get that font back. Also, since I'm on the topic, I could also use the Universal font. Thanks, buds. Don't think this font ever came with Publisher. Try alt.binaries.fonts -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps...

Increase font size
I have low vision and want to increase the text size read/send in Outlook, can someone help me...thanks...Gary ...

level line
Hi All, I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scaling may vary from small values to large ones. I want to draw a level line at 15 minutes with AddLine method. I can do that manually, but how can I calculate the position of 15 minutes (in points as required by the AddLine method) on y axis if its place varies with scaling of y axis? (or is there any other way?) Thanks, Stefi What's more, also the actual window size influences the place of 15 minutes on the chart! Stefi „Stefi” ezt írta: > Hi All, > > I have a line graph with minutes on y axis but scalin...

Something funny with fonts...?
I wonder if there's something strange going on with Microsoft Updates or something. My wife's XP machine and my Vista/64 system both are having font-loss problems concurrently... and we don't even share a network. Those fonts in the list with the image of an 'O' are unaffected, but older 'TT' (TrueType) fonts are disappearing from the system font list. We store all our fonts in another folder, and I can point the font installation utility to a font in that folder and click Install. Then I get a message that the font is already there, and sure enoug...

How do I print a font list using font name in the fonts?
I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that particular font. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rich641" <Rich641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB860C6E-32E3-4C5F-B695-0B479B9BE4CF@microsoft.com... >I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that >particular > font. > ...

Vertical dotted lines appeared after creating PDF doc
Running Excel 2007. As an experiment, I clicked on File | Send | Email ad PDF attachment. I never actually sent it, but when I closed the email, my sheet had vertical dotted lined between F&G and M&N. I tried clearing the Print Area, but they won't go away and they are bugging me. Can someone tell me what they are, and, how to get rid of them? Square Peg wrote: > Running Excel 2007. > > As an experiment, I clicked on File | Send | Email ad PDF attachment. > > I never actually sent it, but when I closed the email, my sheet had > vertical dotted lined between ...