Flow chart for finding Word '07 Help?

I have used Word forever.  Years ago a simple search for key words would
usually give the info I would need.  Now finding quick, easy answers seems to
be a complicated maze.  Usually I choose ONLINE help and type in a KEYWORD
for my search.  Unfortunately the list of help topics that is usually
displayed contains so many offbeat (unrelated) topics that the search is not
helpful.  I need ways to narrow my search or tricks to use in identifying
what to enter in the search field.  If the most USEFUL items were displayed
FIRST in the search results it would be good, but there seems to be so many
unrelated topics that I get discouraged and often don't find what I need to
know.

Debt Planner scheduled payments not in cash flow forecast
Can someone having scheduled bills from the debt reduction planner look in their cash flow forecast for the account from which those are paid, to see if the debt payments appear in the list of transactions? I have 2 accounts for which the DRP is managing payments. Both are paid from checking. That checking account includes payments to my primary credit card, to which almost all categories are attributed in the budget. The cash flow forecast includes budget items and scheduled bills, including the payment to the credit card. When I include the credit card, the average balance of the ca...

How do I preserve data formatting in a pivot chart?
After establishing all desired fonts, text alignments, and data series colors/patterns within a pivot chart, I cannot preserve the settings. As I change a selection in a page field button on the chart, the data series revert back to default color settings. Any autoformat options I can toggle on/off? This is a known problem with pivot charts. There's some information in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 dblack wrote: > Aft...

Where is the "Chart Menu" for adding a trendline to a set of #s?
I asked Help in Excel about adding a trendline to a set of numbers. It said to use the Chart Menu. Where is the Chart Menu? Exceller In America - > I asked Help in Excel about adding a trendline to a set of numbers. It > said to use the Chart Menu. Where is the Chart Menu? < First, use the Chart Wizard (click the icon, or choose Insert | Chart) to create a chart from the set of numbers. Second, use the Chart menu (which appears when a chart is selected) to add a trendline to the chart (by choosing Chart | Add Trendline). - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Bar charts #3
Hi all, I have a conventional bar-chart. Is there anyway to make a SINGLE vertical grid-line a different color? I am trying to illustrate that anything inside this area is considered in the danger (red) zone and anything outside of this area is in the acceptable (green) zone ....? I cannot select a single gridline for some reason. Regards, Don- Hi Don, You can not format a single gridline. You can use an additional data series to draw the required line. Take a look at Jon or my example. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine http://www.andypope.info/charts/a...

Annotating charts in Excel
I am creating a line chart in Excel, and want to annotate various movements in the line. It is a share price graph, with price against date (and volumes on a secondary axis), and I want to explain the significant peaks, troughs, movements etc. Ultimately I want arrows to point to the line which are sequentially numbered - I will have a separate table which shows the date and narrative for each number (space is limited on the chart itself, as I'll have about 10-15 arrows). Rather than drawing the arrows on manually, and adding text boxes with numbers, is there any quicker way of doing it...

How can I find out the current version and SP of MSXML under WinXP ?
I assume on my current machine MSXML was previously installed. But I don't know this for sure and if yes, which version and Service Pack. How can I find the version out ? Harry Just navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and right-click on the MSXML dll you're curious about, select "Properties" and "version". For example, my MSXML3.dll shows "File version 8.90.1101.0 Description: MSXML 3.0 SP9..." "Harry Zoroc" wrote: > I assume on my current machine MSXML was previously installed. > > But I don't know this for sure and if yes, w...

Converting pivot table data to chart in report
Hi All, I have a queries to extract the information I need from the database and display them in a pivottable format suits my need perfertly fine. However right now everything I need a chart I will have to export the pivottable infortion to excel for charting. Is there a way to get "report" to produce a chart from a query pivottable? p.s. I spent a day playing around with report in Ms-Access, but just never get waht I wanted. Any link to tutorial on Ms-Access report creation would be great too. thanks. ...

Chart on Voter Turnout
I am trying to make a chart with two series--one showing turnout in presidential years and the other in mid-term elections. In the first column I put the year (1960, 1962, 1964). In the second column I put voter turnout in presidential years (1960, 1964). In column three in put voter turnout in mid-term elections (1962, 1966). I select all the data. The problem is in presidential years the data goes from, for example, 60% in 1960 down to zero in 1962 before going back to 60% in 1964. I want the data line to go directly from 1960 to 1964 without dropping to zero in between. Can anybody ...

exported excel charts and pdflatex
Hi folks! Does anyone have experience with using excel charts in a .tex file an then making .pdf woth pdflatex? The reason I`m asking is I exported chart as .png but it didn`t display fine after pdflatex`ing it. I know pdflatex is compatible with .png, so I`m wondering if the poo image quality is due to excel in some way. -thank -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 The problem is likely th...

Need Help with Totaling
I'm not even sure how to explain this. I have a membership database in which I've created a form for the member's basic data-name, address, phone, etc. Within that form is a subform that shows where they have made donations, how much, the date of the donation, and if it were for anything specific---could be simple membership, end of year donation, river revelry participation.....various things. I have to create annual reports showing how much money we have taken in this year in membership donations. I have already writtent the query to pull this and created the report...

integrate flow
I receive in my spreadsheet a information of a flow in Liters per minute (real online data ) can I ,in one cell, integrate this flow ? Thank you very Much CC ...

Immediate Outlook Help-Sending messages
Hello Everyone, My outlook was working fine until about 3 weeks ago when it decided to stop allowing me to send messages out. This actually happened before and I had to uninstall my operating system and re install to get it to work. Well, I really don't want to go through that again. Something appears to be blocking it's access. I can receive messages but, can not respond. I receive the following error message: Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact ...

Organization Chart
Is there any way to control the size of the Subordinate, Coworker, and Assistant boxes as I add shapes and do a 'Fit Organization Charts To Content' operation? The shapes are too small for the size font I want to use. Manually expanding the size of the Organization Chart object before adding elements works fine until I overshoot the chart size I want and have to do a 'Fit'. Thanks, Tom ...

need help to get the data
I am trying to get specific data from a table and insert into another table. The second table structure is exactly the same. actually i am importing a excel file into the first table. The table structure looks like this CREATE TABLE [dbo].[temp]( [ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Interval] [varchar](250) NULL, [calls_accepted] [varchar](150) NULL, [calls_answered] [varchar](150) NULL, [calls_abandoned] [varchar](150) NULL, [Avg_talk_time] [varchar](150) NULL, [DNIS_calls_abandoned] [varchar](150) NULL, [Avg_wait_tim...

OutLookXP fault error during finding contacts in LDAP Server
My office computer has WindowsXP+SP1(English) and OfficeXP+SP2 installed. If I set the "Language for non- Unicode programs" to English(US) in regional setting, it runs well. But since I have other Chinese applications, so I want to set the default to "Chinese(PRC)". Then the outlook will has fault error when I doing finding a contact in company's LDAP server. I found the error message in Events Log, here is: ========================================================== Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, ...

Daily / Monthly Chart
Hi, Is it possible that I have 2 sets of data, but I can switch between viewing either of them in 1 chart using a combo box? Daily Monthly Column A Column B Column D Column E 3 Jan 2005 1.2590 Jan 2005 1.2090 4 Jan 2005 1.2590 Feb 2005 1.2650 5 Jan 2005 1.2260 Mar 2005 1.1930 The list will be updated daily. What happens is that the data for monthly is derived from the last possible day from the daily portion, which mi...

How do I make a section of a chart line dotted?
I have an Excel chart, a line graph with 10 data sets charted on it. The time scale is 2000 to 2007 and I'd like the forecast data, i.e. 2005 to 2007 to be dotted. Therefore the line should be solid to 2004, then dotted thereafter. Is there an easy way to create such a line? I'm using Office Excel 2003 v11.5 Unfortunately you can not break up the formatting on a trend line like you can a normal series. To get around this limitation, plot a second series that reflects your trendline. You can use the TREND and/or FORECAST functions to build the new trendline. Once the trend...

Formula Help (or autofill)
I'm trying to figure out how to have Excel autofill something for me. .......A..........B........C.......D........E..........F.........G.........H........ 1....X..............................X................................X................ 2 3....X...........X........X 4 5 Okay, in row 1, I have some values, but there's only something in every third value. I'd like to take out some of the empty space further down the worksheet, so it's easier to see, such as in row 3. How do I have Excel autofill the entire row 3, instead of me having to type in those values manually. In...

What will happen with Word and Office 2007
It has been in news that Microsoft won't be able to continue provide services with word 2007 and also office 2007 after 11 January 2010 due to recent orders from court. Though Microsoft is saying they will come out with some fix but any help what effects will the current face if MS do not come out with a Fix or a patch. If there's any truth to this, unless it was done by a World Court or some sort of UN action, it is only valid in one country. What "news" was it in? On Dec 27, 7:15=A0am, Coolmishu <Coolmi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It has...

Generate a password ffom 4 words
Hi I have four words consisting of letters, numbers and symbols which I use as passwords. For my TrueCrypt folder I combined three of the words as Truecrypt advised that a 20 character password is more secure. As I have not accessed the folder for a very long time I could not open up the folder. I know exactly the four words as I use it everyday but at the end of the one word I changed on of the lower case letters to a upper case letter. Can someone give an excel sheet to combine these four words in order to determine the three word password? I will be very greatful for any ...

Advanced Find View
is there a way to change the default advanced find view to reflect other fields??? Thanks in advance? Peter ...

Weather Chart
I am trying to construct a weather recording chart which will show maximum and minimum temperatures on a rage of 0 to 100, barometric pressure on a range of 28 to 31 and rainfall on a range of 0 to 2. I cannot find any information on how to do this. Using a single y axis scale results in the rainfall not showing and the barometric prssure as a virtualy straight lin. Is this is possible using excel ? If so how it is done? If it is really complex could somebody just point me in the right dirrection as to where I can find the information I need. -- David D --------------------------------...

"File Group Is Full" help!!
I get the following error when I log onto POS. " Error #-2147217900. Could not allocate space for object 'Journal' in database because the "Primary" file group is full" My server has 90Gigs of free space. I set up my database to grow automatically. What do i do? Thanks What version of SQL are you using, MSDE, SQL 2005, etc.? "Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message news:8BCDDCC7-C24C-421C-BF57-3B217088D913@microsoft.com... >I get the following error when I log onto POS. " Error #-2147217900. Could > not allocate space for objec...

Charting a variable range
Hi, Graphs are not my strong point so in easy steps please. I have a data range of 31 cells and the value in each cell is derived by a formula. Basically if the date in another cell is >today() the formula evaluates as null ("") and if <= today a value is populated. Currently I'm graphing the full 31 cells so the data line drops down to zero when it reaches the null values . Sometimes the real values are zero and these graph the same as the null values which is presenting a false picture. So what I would like to do is have the line stop i.e only graph values that ...

Money 2006 SB
I'm using the Small Business edition, and am toying with the idea of entering invoices to track receivables. My question is on the Cash Flow Forecast graph - it currently shows the income as of the invoice date. Most customers are net 15 or net 30, and I would prefer to see the income in the graph based on the expected receipt date. Any way to change this? Bob M.. "Bob Murdoch" <ram_re_move_5@erols.com> wrote in message news:%23E1K5XHuFHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm using the Small Business edition, and am toying with the idea of > entering in...