Extrace non office files which are embedded in word file(.docx)

I want to extract non office files which are embedded in word file. Files can
be image files(jpeg,gif,bmp), PDFs etc.
I could extract office files using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.InlineShape
but for other it is not working.

See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"gpsushil" <gpsushil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to extract non office files which are embedded in word file. Files
>can
> be image files(jpeg,gif,bmp), PDFs etc.
> I could extract office files using
> Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.InlineShape
> but for other it is not working.

0
Graham
4/1/2010 2:38:34 PM
The best thing to do with images is to just cut and past them in a new window
in Paint or any image editing program and then save it as a picture file.

When you say PDF, are you stating that there is an actual PDF inserted in
the document?

Thanks,

--
Vicente Tulliano

"gpsushil" wrote:

> I want to extract non office files which are embedded in word file. Files can
> be image files(jpeg,gif,bmp), PDFs etc.
> I could extract office files using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.InlineShape
> but for other it is not working.
Yes actual PDF inserted in the document.

"vttotal" wrote:

> The best thing to do with images is to just cut and past them in a new window
> in Paint or any image editing program and then save it as a picture file.
>
> When you say PDF, are you stating that there is an actual PDF inserted in
> the document?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Vicente Tulliano
>

> "gpsushil" wrote:
>
> > I want to extract non office files which are embedded in word file. Files can
> > be image files(jpeg,gif,bmp), PDFs etc.
> > I could extract office files using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.InlineShape
> > but for other it is not working.

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Migrate PST file
re: Outlook 2003 I realize the topic has probably been covered ad nausium but I still can't find out how to solve this problem. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated. I have just bought a new computer (Vista) I installed Office 2003. I chose File/Open/Outlook Data File and pointed to the pst file that was on the old computer. Outlook imported everything into a separate "Personal Folders" list. I want the information all in the main Personal Folders. How do I do this? Also because I've been transferring the old pst folder to the new computer I ...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

File:// Linking...
Why is it that when you link something in Outlook with file:// when clicking on the link it returns the error Outlook 2000: "Cannot find the file 'file://Q:\blahblahblah' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." Outlook 2003 "Cannot find the file "Q:\blahblahblah'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." It used to work before any service releases to Outlook 2000 were applied. There are typically no spaces in the filename and if they are I usually replace th...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

cannot uninstall MS Office Pro 2007 trial version
Vista Home Premium SP2, IE8 I have a Ms Office Pro 2007 trial version about to expire. I just bought a MS Office Home & Student 2007. My problem : I am unabvle to uninstall the trial version via Features & Programs. I was given this link to do Manual uninstalling : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 But I was stopped at #4 ..... Step 1: Remove any remaining Windows Installer packages of the 2007 Microsoft Office system: 1.Click Start, click Run, type installer, and then click OK. This process opens the %windir%\Installer folder. 2.On the View menu, click Detail...

non

execute batch file does not execute all command lines
I am using the following code to execute a batch file which contains multiple commands, each on a separate line. Each command-line creates a file. What I am finding is that only some of the files are being created ( 7 out of 11 ). If I then run the batch file directly ( either by double-clicking, or pasting its path into cmd.exe window ), all files are created ( 11 out of 11 ). private void executeBatchFile(string pathBatchFile, string pathWorkingDirectory, Label outputDump) { ...

can't repair OL2000 pst file
greetings; I have an addin I use to synchronize computers; it is OsaSync. I get an OsaSync error (The following error occurred: Error number: 424 / Procedure: frmTimers.tmrItemDeleted_Timer). The kind folks at OsaSync give me this advice to solve the problem: Please run Detect and Repair from the Outlook Help menu. Somehow there are low level errors and if they are caused by corrupted data in your .pst file(s) then running Detect and Repair can possibly solve them. If it doesn't solve the errors you can create a new fresh .pst file (Outlook menu file - Data file management - button...

Non-cash gifts
A question about non-cash gifts..... Say you have used Money for a long time and have entered all of your stock purchases. Now, you wish to give some of those shares to a foundation for charity contribution. What kind of entries do you make to keep the Money program from recording capital gains and messing up your tax computation, while at the same time, removing the appropriate shares from your portfolio at the right cost? Thanks, Levi ...

Non-Taxable grouping in Sales Tax Analysis Report
We have been getting a Non-Taxable grouping in our Sales Tax Analysis Report. We currently have 3 tax codes setup. 1. MN Sales Tax 2. UseTax 3. NoTax I suspect that we are getting the "Non-Taxable" from our customers that have the "Tax Exempt" checkbox selected under Customer Properties. Can anyone confirm/deny my suspicions? "Non-Taxable" comes from Transaction Entries (Line items on a sale) where the tax is unassigned (TaxID = 0). This is different from your defined "NoTax" setting. It could come from Non-Taxable customers as you suspect, ...

.PUB file is enormous, how can I can I reduce it?
I created a new pub document by copying and pasting from several Word, Publisher and Power Point documents. The new 27 page document is now 135MB and too large for Acrobat to distill. I need to find the page(s) or graphics that are causing the problem but I cannot find any tool within Publisher that shows that. I checked a few of the graphics that were pasted in and extrapolated that at their average file size, images should only account for 10MB or so. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. wfrankdavis <wfrankdavis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard ...

File size restrictions
I have a client that is trying to email us a PDF file that is zipped to about 2.24 MB. It is getting blocked returned with a file exceeds maximum size. I have set the Receiving Message size to "No Limit" on the defaults tab in the Message Delivery Porperties of ESM. Restarted all Exchange services and still cannot get it through. Need some help. We host our own Exchange server so there are no restrictions applied with our ISP. is the email being sent to an internal or external address? is the NDR coming from your server? or is it perhaps coming from the receiving server (e...

Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook 01-19-10
Good morning. I have a problem with my office outlook. It won't open. In the message box says that it cannot open the outlook window. What happen. What shall I do to open and restore my messages Thank you Hard to say without any configuration details. A common issue seems to be a corruption in the Navigation Pane when using Outlook 2007. To recover; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetnavpane For other common solutions to startup issues see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft ...

importing text files over 65000 lines???
Hi all, I have a text file (access log's for a day) which is about 103000 lines, I would like to import this into Excel so that some sorting can be done, however when trying to complete this using the import text file option, it tells me that the file is to large to fit on one worksheet, however that I can use the import wizard to contine on the next sheet. I have tried several times and I can not work out how. Any one able to explain this to me, I am using Excel 2000 (9.0.4402 SR_1) Thx Larry http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 XL: Importing Text Fil...

How do I strikethrough words in MS Publisher?
A guy at work is working on a Publisher document. I explained it's similar to MS Word although not exactly as user-friendly. He was trying to strikethrough text using the format font option. Strikethrough is not available. Any ideas? It is a manual thing. Create a line, position it. You might want to change the weight, the default is � pt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Uncle_Moley" <Uncle_Moley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBFF19EE-CDCB-4AE6-9D36-81638A8C1D08@microsoft.com... >A guy at work is working on a Publisher document. I ex...

why is the size of my file so large?
I have an Excel file that has four worksheets with minimal data in it - but is 4.6 MB! There are no pictures in it, and the formatting is minimal ('bold'ed certain letters, used 'century gothic' font); there are no formulae. It is a file with constantly changing data, which means that I have to update it by copying, pasting and then deleting data (as opposed to 'cut and paste' as this messes up the formatting). addendum to above: my worksheet has no pivot tables, the last cell is NOT cell #500 (the last cell is the 'correct' last cell) (this is written as...

Outlook 2002/Office XP
Outlook fails to load properly and shuts down. I sometimes get a virtual memory low dialog box, other times I recieve a MAPI alert. I have adjusted the paging file to 1.5 times my ram (574mb). Nothing has worked. I have tried the detect errors feature as well. Suggestions? JWH ...

importing .pst files from outlook 03 to xp
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop and Outlook XP on my laptop. When I try to import a 2003 .pst file into XP I get the msg: The file [location] is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator. Surely MS can't have intended an incompatibility between products only one issue seperated. Any solutions out there? Thanks Outlook 2003 uses a new unicode format for .pst files that allows a much larger information store (theoretically 32 terabytes). To use it with a previous version of Outlook, export to a 97-2003 format .pst...

Extrace non office files which are embedded in word file(.docx)
I want to extract non office files which are embedded in word file. Files can be image files(jpeg,gif,bmp), PDFs etc. I could extract office files using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.InlineShape but for other it is not working. See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&l...

Can you create charts for non-adjacent columns of data in XL2007?
I've recently installed Office 2007, and am rather unimpressed that it's considerably worse than 2000/XP/2003, all of which I have happily been creating charts from for years. Previously you could select any data you wanted by holding down control and selecting the cells, then create charts using those cells. However, in 2007, it seems that you can't select non-adjacent cells. This is a real problem for me as I'm constantly manipulating data and placing it in nearby cells, then selecting the columns I want and creating the required chart. For example: I have 3 columns o...

Outlook (Office) 2007 Updates
I have never installed an Outlook update. When I go to the list, there are so many! Is there a single one with everything? J "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A73216C-8F2B-4190-A4CA-EE37822DEEEE@microsoft.com... >I have never installed an Outlook update. When I go to the list, there are so > many! Is there a single one with everything? No, there's no single one. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Opening 2007 Excel files in 2003
I have installed the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats (FileFormatConverters.exe). Yet when I attempt to open a 2007 in 2003 it does not open. I get an error stating the ‘file is in an unrecognisable format, but no other message". Any ideas what to do when the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack does not work> Many thanks. Chris Hi, one thing you can do is to save the Excel 2007 file with the extension .html and open this new html file with Excel 2003. "Jedi" <Jedi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Office 2004
The following is true for both Word and Excel (I have not tried Powerpoint since the problem seems to be present in more than one Office application): When I try to save a file using Save As, I am presented with a dialog box that seemingly won't let me navigate to anyplace except Network, the top level of each drive, Desktop, User Home, Applications, Documents, Music, Pictures, and Recent Places (which because of this problem only contains a list of hard drive partitions that I have tried). How do I navigate to an arbitrary folder? I have installed Service Pack 2 so the version is 11.2....

Joining multiple publisher files
I have eight files which are in A5 leaflet form. That is four pages to a two sided A4. Can I put these files into one file and join them together in order to make one booklet of eight sheets of A4? Anyone know how to do this? John Bland Copy and Paste... "John Bland" <johnbland@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:O5XxoqzqIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have eight files which are in A5 leaflet form. That is four pages to a >two sided A4. Can I put these files into one file and join them together >in order to make one booklet of eight sheets of A4? Any...