Extra text added by system when converting to PDF?

I've been using PDFMaker to convert my MS-Word styles to bookmarks for the
past couple of years, but now that my office has upgraded us to Acrobat 8,
I'm running into a problem.  Each time a bookmark is created from a Word doc,
there is a very small bit of text added to the front of it.

The system seems to be numbering the bookmarks sequentially, starting with
"0B" for the first bookmark, and continuing for the rest.  They're very small
characters, and unless you zoom in very closely, they look like periods at
the front of each line.

Example:
   .Bookmark

Any ideas?

Send mail on behalf of UserX with UserX's mailbox as extra mailbox
Hi, Running Exchange and Outlook 2000 I need a solution for this scenario. I have some users A and B who have UserX's mailbox configured as a extra mailbox in their Outlook client, so they can respond to mail being recieved by UserX (i.e. a helpdesk account). These same users A and B need to send mail "on behalf of" UserX so our disclaimer software (eXclaimer) adds users A and B signature to email being send by UserX's mail address. In this scenario "Send as" will add UserX's signature, not users A or B's signature. Assigning only "Send on behal...

Win32 Hook, Capture Menu Text From MS Word, Outlook,Excel...
Hi All, I have made win32 hook for following hookKeyBoard = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_KEYBOARD,(HOOKPROC)KeyboardHook,hInst,0); hookMessages = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_GETMESSAGE,(HOOKPROC)MessageHook,hInst,0); hookCallWndMsg=SetWindowsHookEx(WH_CALLWNDPROCRET,(HOOKPROC)CallWndMessageHook,hInst,0); By kbrd hook i caprure Ctrl+c,v,x With no problem. By GetMessage hook i can monitor messages posted to a message queue. such as WM_COPY, PASTE, ... ( other clipboard msg ) By CALLWNDPROCRET I need to capture Menu Caption of other application. In that I am look in for WM_MENUSELECT message and form lowor...

all messages sent to junk, even after adding to safe list
Just set up new system with outlook 2007, all my incoming messages are sent directly to junk. I have added the address to safe list, marked as not junk, lowered the security setting, what is wrong? do you use an antivirus or antispam scanner on incoming email? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Linked cells and text boxes
My query is this: I have created a questionnaire answer template comprising of two worksheets. One contains the answers and the second is a score sheet that links to the cells in the answer sheet. When linking cells between the workbooks, the numerical ones are fine. However, a lot of the answers are in text form so to get round that, I set up text boxes in the score sheet to link to the cells in the answer sheet. That almost works apart from one thing: As I type the text in the cell in the answer sheet, the text box in the score sheet does not carry all of the text. Some stop in mid...

Adding records with VBA
Hello Everybody, In Access 2003, is it possible to add new records in a table with VBA? If yes then how? I have been looking in VBA help but found no clue. I have some personal experience in VB6 and VBA of Excel but none in VBA of Access. Thank you, -- Syed Zeeshan Haider -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Learn about famous muslim names at http://szh.20m.com/learn/aboutnames.html Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("TableName", dbOpenDynaset) rst.AddNew rst("TextFieldName") = &...

adding data labels to an XY scatterplot
I have three columns of data, a label column, an X axis value, and a Y axis value. I graphed the XY as a scatterplot but would like to be able to add the label column on top of the scatterplot to show the labels of each XY point. Any ideas on how to do this? Go to http://appspro.com and download the XY Chart Labeler. It allows you to label a chart series with labels in cells. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 4/30/2010 10:46 AM, acscherwin wrote: > I have three columns of data, a label column, an X axis value, an...

publisher to pdf
When I export a publisher file to pdf, sometimes some of the tables go black and are unreadable. Can anyone tell me why this happens? Or how to stop it from happening? What version Publisher? If you select the PDF printer before opening the publication do you still get the problem? Is your regular printer driver current? If you use Microsoft's save as PDF, (must have Publisher 2007) does it still happen? https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "DeadDancers" <...

Extra space between paragraphs when sending
Outlook 2007 adds extra “line feeds” between paragraphs on all outgoing messages. I can’t seem to stop it and it is slowly driving me mad. People getting my e-mails must think I can’t write. I have checked (“don’t add extra space…”) in the style formats. Doesn’t help. The composed messages look fine. They get changed when they are sent. Sometimes happens on incoming mail. I would go back to Office 2003 but too many file extensions are now different. If I can’t fix this I may go to a server based mail system. Why MS made this change is beyond me. It’s in the same category as c...

Highlighted text does not print with color
In emails that have highlighted text, the color of the highlight does not print. But, Printing colored text prints correctly. To test this, I sent myself an email. In the open message before sending, I went to Tools > Options. In the View tab's Print and Web layout section, the Background Colors and Images is checked. In the Print tab's Printing Options, Background Printing is checked. In the Include with Document section, Background Colors & Images is also checked. Then I sent the email and opened the received message and tried to print to a colored printer. The text ...

How do I use conditional formatting to set text height and indent.
When creating spreadsheets in Excel, I always want a top, bottom, left & right indent on each cell (say 2px). I also want each cell to auto-size to fit the amount of text that it contains. I don't want to have to set these parameters each time I create a document. Can I use conditional formatting to create a "template" or "rule" for future use? Is there a more efficient way to to this? CF won't set autofit or indents. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workboo...

Excel is adding 2 rows of data source together when charting
I'm trying to create a simple chart that shows trending during the year. I have several rows of data -- 1/2 of them being actual financial performance numbers and the other 1/2 being budget numbers. When I select the data ranges, whether using the Control Key to select all ranges at once, OR by selecting them individually, some of my data ranges are being added together, resulting in the ranges NOT reflecting what the source table numbers are. The ranges appear to be correct. I've tried crafting each range individually with the same result. Why is this happening? Wh...

Selecting Text Shortcut??
I am using Publisher 2003. In Word 2003 if I want to select a certain portion of text I can place the cursor at the starting point, then while holding down the shift key I move the cursor to the end and when I release the button the text is selected. What is the secret in doing the above while in Publisher?? Thank you. Mike All outgoing messages (both text and attachments) are scanned for viruses prior to sending The function is the same in Publisher. What problems are you having? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microso...

Help! Cannot get System Attendant to start
Just recently converted to Windows 2003 domain. Installed new Exchange 2003 server, but keep getting error 1005: MSExchangeSA Unexpected error The logon attempt failed ID no: 8009030c. Can't seem to find a solution. Help. In Services snap-in check which account is specified for System Attendant in Logon As. First off all, it should be Local System. Secondly, if you insist on something else, make sure correct account and pwd are specified. The same applies to all Exchange services. Can't get System Attendant to start wrote: > Just recently converted to Windows 2003 domain. I...

Number fields being converted to text
Some of the number fields (long integer, single and double formats) in my query are being converted to text but this is not what I want. It so happens that I used the Nz function to subsitute dummy values into these fields. Is this what converted them to text or is it something else? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, Patrick Patrick, It would help if we saw your query, . You may need to explicitly type some of your computed fields. Something like: SELECT clng(NZ([SomeField], 0)) as SomeInteger you can use the clng( ), csng( ), and cdbl( ) functions for this. HTH Dale -- Don&#...

Issue with copying Text.
I am wondering how to copy a cell that contains text from one worksheet to another. In other words I have two woorksheets in the same book, lets call them Sheet1 and sheet 2. Sheet1 has a column of company names in call it column A and figures in column B. Sheet 2 has a report that will change. I would like to be able to write ='Sheet1'!A1 into the cell so that no matter what I type in Sheet1 cell A1 it will copy that information over to Sheet2. I can do this with numbers but is there a way to copy text. All I get is the formula, and when I tried in a new sheet I got #VALUE! A...

Meeting requests from Exchange Servers come in as plain text
I have spent several days banging my head on a wall with this one. Our exchange server has no problems sending meeting requests. I have sent meeting requests to our exchange server from my home pc which is in pop3/smtp mode (no exchange) and the meeting requests come in fine (in meeting request format). However, when a user that is on an exchange environment outside of our network sends a meeting request to a user on our exchange server, the request comes in as plain text. Has anyone seen this problem before? If so, any suggestions? On 23 Jan 2006 07:19:04 -0800, rfigueroajr@gmail.com w...

Highlighting Text in a text box
I am using 2007 and wondered if there is a way to highlight text in a text box like you do in word? This is probably something simple and my brain is just not clicking. Thanks! -- Leah L. Hinds Project Manager, Training & Support leahl wrote: > I am using 2007 and wondered if there is a way to highlight text in a > text box like you do in word? This is probably something simple and > my brain is just not clicking. Thanks! =============================== Left click/drag your cursor across the text. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice Thi...

TIME OUT Error when adding an account
CRM has been working for several months a couple of days ago each time a new account is added a Platform Error is shown. This is a Time Out Expired Error. It is important to monitor your Microsoft SQL Server and maintain your log files etc. to keep performance up. If your problem is not related to bad maintenance of your databases, you can try to take a look at KB860773 to see how you can modify the default time out settings on the Microsoft CRM server. If I understood you correctly, it is not a problem you have experienced from the beginning - therefore you should try to find the ...

Converting a Text file to Excel Spreadsheet
Without going thru the Wizard, is there any way to covert a text file into an excel spreadsheet (just executing an .exe or .bat file)? We have a requirement to automate the conversion of text file into excel with some predifined formating. Thanks for help. How about recording a macro when you do it once. If the name of the text file doesn't change, you could put your macro in a general module and call it auto_open. Then when you start that workbook in excel, the auto_open will run and import (and reformat???) that text file. You could even have the macro save the converted text fil...

Extra field for Items
Does anyone have an addin for extra user defined fields for items? -- Anthony Anthony, We could easily deliver this to you but we do not have anything pre-made. If you are interested please contact us at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CE74F3-5716-4520-9883-6D07C7670143@microsoft.com... > D...

Older AD user not seen in deployment manager
Hi, My company recently migrated to Windows 2003. When adding user to CRM from deployment manager, I can only see new user created after the migration. How do i add the existing user to CRM? Thanks in advance. Regards, JM Jordan, I know there was an article available from MS about this, but I can't remember the specific one. It basically boils down to an AD setting onthe migrated accounts. You might try doing a google search on this group to see if it's in the history, or try searching MSDN. Many of hte CRM techarticles are suppossed to be available there. Matt Parks ------...

changed the passwd of an admin that probably was used to install AD and Exchange
Hi all, I'm trying to clean up old mailboxes and I changed the password to an old administrators account so I could access the mailbox. We're running windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. After I did this, when I attempt to open up the ESM, I'm prompted with a fatal error stating: Local error has occured Facility: win32 Id no: 8007203b Exchange System Manager All the services start up as local system account. What do I do? I cant seem to open the ESM any longer. TIA alan Hi Alan, Thanks for posting here! Based on my knowledge, I would like to provide the following suggesti...

Title & Text Layout Format Issues
I believe this has been answered before but cannot locate. (probably Echo) On a Title & Text Layout slide I manually reduced the font size so all text would fit. I saved the file but when re-opening it reverted back to the large size. The auto correct options are all turned off. THX! Fritz PPT 2003. I think you've run into a bug, Fritz. The info at this link offers some workarounds: Text size or other formatting is lost when you save, close, and reopen a presentation http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00849.htm -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com Wha...

Extra Extra Pages
I have finished my word document and saved it. When I open it back up to preview before I send it, it shows an extra page between my body of work and reference page. I don't want to send that to my professor. Can anyone help me? Thanks Dennis -- Dennis Jackson See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dennis Jackson" <Dennis.Jackson.60bcd11@wordbanter.com> wrote in message news:Dennis.Jackson.60bcd11@wordbanter.com... > ...

Button Text not showing :Too many items in Oppurtunity Menubar
Hi, It is indeed necessary for me to display the Text for all the buttons. But, there exist a lot many and CRM is hiding the text. How can i tackle this? How can MenuITem be useful (if at all.)? Thanks. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF Report Engine, Part 2 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0ad2fa61-7f0c-485f-92c9-cf3a9ee210a7/wpf-report-engine-part-2.aspx You could try hiding toolbar buttons you don't need using JavaScript. This code will hide "Create Invoice" button on "Order" entity form. var mb = document.getEle...