extra line number 01-11-10

With Word 2003 I didn't have a problem, but ever since I've had 2007, when I
have a page break, although it doesn't show a line number on the screen nor
on the print preview, it will print a line number on the line with the page
break.  I can fix some of these by deleting the paragraph before the line
break, but if I have different alignments on the preceding and succeeding
lines, that doesn't work.  To keep the formatting correct, I must have that
paragraph before the page break.  Either being able to fix the line number
printing or being able to fix the formatting of the two lines affected by not
having the paragraph before the page break would be an acceptable solution.
As I say, in Word 2003 this was not a problem.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Is it a line number or a paragraph number? If the latter, try using "Page
break before" instead of a manual page break.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Word 2003 I didn't have a problem, but ever since I've had 2007, when
> have a page break, although it doesn't show a line number on the screen
> nor
> on the print preview, it will print a line number on the line with the
> page
> break.  I can fix some of these by deleting the paragraph before the line
> break, but if I have different alignments on the preceding and succeeding
> lines, that doesn't work.  To keep the formatting correct, I must have
> that
> paragraph before the page break.  Either being able to fix the line number
> printing or being able to fix the formatting of the two lines affected by
> not
> having the paragraph before the page break would be an acceptable
> solution.
> As I say, in Word 2003 this was not a problem.
>
> Any suggestions/solutions?

0
Suzanne

Concatenate for Numbers?
In column A of my spreadsheet is Start Date (01/01/04), Column B is End date (01/10/04). Each rows contains different start and end dates. I am attempting to tie these two together without retyping 300 rows of data. I need a single column for date range (01/01/04 - 01/10/04). I attempted to use Concatenate, however, it only works with text. Is there a formula that I can use to join these two together. Your assistance is apprecitated. Michelle Hi Michelle, Try, =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" - "&TEXT(B1,"mm/dd/yy") Hope this helps! In article <1b...

Dual Goal Lines
I'm using a smooth line chart and I have two goal lines each goal for a combination of two production lines (Blue) or a single production line (Green). I also have one line that contains that days set point and this line is used for one month. I would like to have the set point change to either blue or green depending on how many lines were ran that particular day. Is this not possible? >-----Original Message----- >I'm using a smooth line chart and I have two goal lines >each goal for a combination of two production lines (Blue) >or a single production line (Gre...

Quick views 08-03-10
Is it possbile to add a Quick view for "Read EMails" or Read Feeds? WLMail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 Win XP Pro sp3 No, nor in WLM 2010 Build 15. - Your options are --> All Emails, All Inbox, All Feeds -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Charles Galloway" wrote in message = news:feoe56d46jnq3a3e2vrp3om1pgs96i7ts9@4ax.com... Is it possbile to add a Quick view for "Read EMails" or Read Feeds? WLMail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 Win XP Pro sp3=20 ...

Number fields being converted to text
Some of the number fields (long integer, single and double formats) in my query are being converted to text but this is not what I want. It so happens that I used the Nz function to subsitute dummy values into these fields. Is this what converted them to text or is it something else? I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, Patrick Patrick, It would help if we saw your query, . You may need to explicitly type some of your computed fields. Something like: SELECT clng(NZ([SomeField], 0)) as SomeInteger you can use the clng( ), csng( ), and cdbl( ) functions for this. HTH Dale -- Don&#...

Number grids
Hello, I use EXCEL 2003. I'm trying to apportion some costs to optimise returns. I have managed to work out how to do it for 2 or 3 variables and use a grid form which I can see how returns are effected depending on what % of resource are allocated. For 2 variables e.g. Column A 100, 0, 99, 1, 98, 2 etc. Column B 0, 100, 1, 99, 2, 98 etc. and For 3 variables Column A 100, 0, 0, 99, 99, 0, 1, 0, 1, 98, 98, 98, 0, 2 etc. Column B 0, 100, 0, 1, 0, 99, 99, 1, 0, 2, 0, 1, 98, 98, etc. Column C 0, 0, 100, 0, 1, 1, 0, 99, 9...

Command Line Backup of Exchange 2003
Does anybody has a script to backup exhange 2003 using ntbackup from the command line? thandks for any help Hello Pete It's simple, but you can encounter a few pitfalls (I did :o). With NTBACKUP you cannot backup the Systemstate and Exchange data at the same time, at least if the operating system and the exchange data is on the same drive. If you want to have them on the same tape you should backup in two runs (see example below), in the first run you can backup drives, files and systemstate, but you MUST exclude the exchange data. In the second run a backup of the datastore is m...

Number above next Cell
Have a Sheet with codes : A B C D C 1 T G G G 12 2 G G G T 11 3 G G T T 23 (each Cell is 16x16 pixels) The G's and T's are codes (Format as "T 12" (Letter-Space-Space-Number)) The Number part should be hidden under the next Cell but in each line the last Cell it is above this Cell. Want it to be like this : A B C D C 1 T G G G 2 G G G T 3 G G T T Anybody ? Put a space character in the cell to the right. In article <2baaf$42d3d223$546b00f2$28902@news.multikabel.nl>, "Roby" <r.udo@quicknet.nl> wrote: > Have a Sheet with code...

Add A Line
I have a Form That links to several other similar forms across different worksheets. I want to be able to add blank lines to the form and add the exact number of blank lines to the other forms. is there a way to do this by having a macro run when I enter data in the last field or the row? ...

Page Numbers ???
Can I modify a report in Report Writer that will give Page Numbers like the following example: Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, Page 3 of 3? Consulta, Due to limitations with Report Writer, this is not possible in GP. Unlike some other reporting systems like Crystal Reports, the Report Writer is a single pass system. That means that it has no way to make a pass through the report to calculate the total number of pages and then go back and produce the output. If I remember correctly, Crystal actually makes up to five passes through the data to do various calculations and amass the report before ...

Parsing/sorting numbers help?
Help getting started... I'm hoping someone can just show me what sort of VB code would be required to do the following, I guess fairly simple task to an expert. There are many more thing I will want to do but given one single example I can build from, I feel I can make a start. I just don't seem to be able to find any examples on-line that would start me on my way. I think the 'If' and 'End If' functions will be used, but I would just love to see what the coding would look like to acheive the following and start me on my way, as I seem to be getting bogged d...

Landed Costs ability to apply different rates per line item
Currently on the Landed Cost screen, you can enter a landed cost amount and it will be applied to all items being received on that receiving transactions. However there are times that one needs to apply a different rate for each line item and at this time it appears the only means to do this is to receive each line item seperately so a different landed cost can be applied. Therefore, this is not time productive for our users. We should be able to apply a different rate per each line item and receive all line items at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

Send mail on behalf of UserX with UserX's mailbox as extra mailbox
Hi, Running Exchange and Outlook 2000 I need a solution for this scenario. I have some users A and B who have UserX's mailbox configured as a extra mailbox in their Outlook client, so they can respond to mail being recieved by UserX (i.e. a helpdesk account). These same users A and B need to send mail "on behalf of" UserX so our disclaimer software (eXclaimer) adds users A and B signature to email being send by UserX's mail address. In this scenario "Send as" will add UserX's signature, not users A or B's signature. Assigning only "Send on behal...

Extra space between paragraphs when sending
Outlook 2007 adds extra “line feeds” between paragraphs on all outgoing messages. I can’t seem to stop it and it is slowly driving me mad. People getting my e-mails must think I can’t write. I have checked (“don’t add extra space…”) in the style formats. Doesn’t help. The composed messages look fine. They get changed when they are sent. Sometimes happens on incoming mail. I would go back to Office 2003 but too many file extensions are now different. If I can’t fix this I may go to a server based mail system. Why MS made this change is beyond me. It’s in the same category as c...

How do I number pages for entire Workspace

Outlook Rule to send subject line only
Hello, I would like to have Outlook redirect just the subject line (not the message body or header info) of incoming messages to my mobile phone (SMS) e-mail address. Could anyone suggest a rule that would accomplish this? Thanks in advance, at you'll need an sms addin that can control how much is sent. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Workbook page numbering
How do you get consecutive page numbers in a workbook with multiple worksheets? Group select them, then print: Click on the leftmost sheet and shift-click on the rightmost. In article <085101c3779f$ad811850$3101280a@phx.gbl>, "Terri" <tsavage@worleyassociates.com> wrote: > How do you get consecutive page numbers in a workbook with > multiple worksheets? Forgot to mention: Make sure you ungroup the sheets once your printing is done - any changes in a grouped sheet is made to all of the group. In article <jemcgimpsey-2D8D31.08470810092003@msnews.microso...

Next line in CrichEditCtrl
Hi all.. I am new to VC++. i am doing the following task and am stuck up at a point. task: I created an SDI. when i open a file(FIle->Open), I want to get the file displayed with line numbers and when i close it, it should be the same file again. I did it in CEditView using archive and Getfile() functions but it seemed to be a crude way. I tried it using CRichEditView but i realised that always my CRichEditCtrl is pointing to the first line of the view when i open a file. can someone tell me a way in which i can get the starting location of each line using CRichEditCtrl?? T...

Line distribution
In Visio 2003, how do I equally distribute lines drawn with Connector Tool? Visio's Distribute feature works with any type of shape including connectors. However, if your connectors are glued to a shape, they are ignored. Select the shapes to distribute and go to Shape > Distribute Shapes. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Ekim Snehctik" <Ekim Snehctik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8B2944E-9837-4387-A7D1-7C1DB064966F@microsoft.com... > In Visio 2003...

In excell 2003, increasing number of items shown in drop down list
I am trying to increase the number of lines to be displayed in the drop down list, using MS office 2003, excell. I have read contributions to the question possed on 8/11/2007 8:00 PM , but sadly it does not provide the "Format Control" that should enable me to change the mnumber of dropdown lines to be shown. I have 30 items on my soure list and only 12 appear in the dropdown list. How and where can I adjust the figure that dictates the lines to be shown? How do I go about it as I do not see any options leading to the data validation combo box in this version? T...

Extra field for Items
Does anyone have an addin for extra user defined fields for items? -- Anthony Anthony, We could easily deliver this to you but we do not have anything pre-made. If you are interested please contact us at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CE74F3-5716-4520-9883-6D07C7670143@microsoft.com... > D...

Followup: Large MSWord Document Freezes 04-12-10
Again thanks for the responses. Well 2 down and 1 to go. Copying all but the last paragraph into a new file doesn't stop the freezing. Am now browsing it from the Insert Tab on the Object pulldown, after having selecting the Text File item from the dialog that opens. Haven't seen anything out of the ordinary - just what am I looking for at this point in time? The only times this document freezes is when adding characters, I can browse it without hassle. Another characteristic of this file is that some characters are boldened while others are in normal font. S...

Huge number of Text Boxes!
Hello All, I have an Excel file which only has one page. I use it draw a roster like table so that it doesn't contain complex formula. However, I don't know why, its file size is very big ( more than 7M )! I tried to figure out the reason, I realized there are a lot of text boxes ( more than 40000 ) which are empty! So it is very slow whenever I move or change anything in the file. You know, I can't manually delete all of them as there are SO MANY! Moreover, I can't search "Text Box" by the search function. What can I do? Why this happened? Help! R...

Change Date format
Hi we receive raw data in this date format. i tried using the format cells--> date --> choose the mm/dd/yy format ..but it does no work. Could there be something wrong with my excel settings (exce 2000). Thanks for your time. Apr 10 2004 2:55PM regards.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Excel has stored the values probably as 'Text' after the import. Try the following: 1. format the cells with the format MMM DD YYYY hh:mm AM 2. Select an empty cell 3. copy this empty cell and select your range with the imported values 4. goto 'Edit - Paste Special...

hidden line removal
I have some code which does 3D views, it is a bit Mickey Mouse. I was hoping to update it with hidden line removal and even add isometric views and even better add some shading. Am i being too optimistic adding this query here? Any help would be appreciated, even a recommendation for a good book, so I can bin my rubbish old books. I use VC++ for the GUI, but for the engine room, I use C. I just need a kick start!! Hidden line removal is a very sophisticated computation. I remember at least one algorithm, the Warnock Algorithm, that worked very efficiently (this is the Warnock that was ...

when I paste, I end up with every line in a text box-undo?
I didn't have this problem with Office 2000, but since getting 2003, when I paste something it ends up with each line in a text box. How do I set things up so it does not do this, it creates a lot of work to fix it. Paste special, unformatted text. You are pasting from the Internet I assume. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "DJB" <DJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6977F7A2-19FE-4F3D-8DAB-46C7930D92FE@microsoft.com....