Export WPX4 Address book to MS Word 2007?

Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word 2007 for
use in addressing envelopes etc.?  I have the home and school version of 07.

Thanks,

Rich Mercer

Word doesn't have an address book. It utilises the contacts list of Outlook,
which of course the student version of Office does not include.
It *may* be possible to extract the data from your WP address book to a Word
table to use as a data source for mail merge, but I suspect you may have to
do this from Word Perfect. If you still have access to WP, check if it has
an option to export to a comma delimited text file or other universal
format.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
..

Richard F Mercer wrote:
> Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word
> 2007 for use in addressing envelopes etc.?  I have the home and
> school version of 07.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich Mercer

0
Graham

SCL Level 9 Transport Rule Junk-E-Mail Folder (Exchange 2007)
Hello, I have an issue with the Junk-E-Mail-Folder. A third party tool is checking for spam and tags spam E-Mails with the phrase *** Spam *** in the subject. For this phrase I added a transport Rule which sets the addidtional header X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: 9. This is working so far, but at some users this mails are not delivered into the Outlook 2007 Junk-E-Mail folder, they are going direct into the inbox. After further troubleshooting, I found out, that the Junk Mail option in OWA was not set for this users. After I changed this option it was working fine. The issue...

merging 2 -3 different MS money files into one
hi over a period of testing and doing other things i have created multiple MS Money files mostly with the same accounts and same transactions, the main difference is the transactions that are available in those files, the oldest file has the oldest transactions and newest one has all the new transactions but both contain some common so i want to merge all of them into one so that i can get all transactions from the begining till now. what is the best method to do this. thanks There is no good method. The only method, and not a good one, is File|Export of individual accounts to .QIF ...

Export to XML exports single row only

address book access
I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can not use my address book. What should I do? Personal address book is local to the machine. It is not stored on the server which is why you are unable to access it. "muffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C96FE3-5BC9-4872-9DBE-113BE315459F@microsoft.com... > I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts...

Problems with Outlook and LDAP address book
Hi, I've a problem with Outlook 2003 using, or trying to use, an LDAP address book. I've configured correctly all the parameters to use LDAP, but when I open the address book no address appears. If I open the address book from the tools menu (I have the Italian version of Outlook and so I don't know if this is the English name of the menu "Strumenti") and I use the search icon from the window, the address that corrisponds the search criteria that I type appear. Closing outlook the address book loose all the address again. Our address book is a Lotus Notes address b...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

links in e-mail outlook 2007
web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked "jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A975500-C686-4FE2-9ECD-F17A8F4C2E88@microsoft.com... > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of questions and answers about this. jfrank wrote: > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting ...

Text disappears when format changed in MS Word (Office X)
I save Word documents in Mac Word 5.1 format while using Office X. Sometimes when I resave, the format changes to the generic Microsoft Office document format. After this happens and I open the document, the text of the document is missing entirely. I an using Panther 10.3.3. Any ideas? Thank you. James Costello ...

Re: Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I can send using the second e-mail address, but the e-mail does not appear in the Inbox. I have even tried switching the default account, but the message still will not appear in the Inbox. When I click Send/Receive, it does not appear. I can change the "From:" on any message that I send - it is a simple drop down - but there is no such option in the Inbox. Thank you. "Noland Harper" <noland.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message news:... >I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers >(provided by the ISP) as I used ...

Export / Import Security

Updating Global Address List
Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow some secretary access to do the updates. I do not know of any secure way to allow someone to do these updates. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:19:02 -0800, "Maive72" <Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone >number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is b...

convert web addresses
I need to convert a lot of jpg.images-urls are in my spreadsheet. Is there a batch command that will save the images to my hard drive?? Thanks, rooniwife -- rooniwife ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rooniwife's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24904 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385936 Hi! A really great guy, who can pop in here and take credit any time he likes, created just this tool for me. http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/xlddownloader.zip It's VERY co...

new book saving & gridline colours
When I open Excel, a new workbook appears called "Book1.xls". On my home computer, I can go on to close Excel down without it asking me to save Book1. However, in my work computer, it asks whether I want to save changes to Book1. Both are Excel 2002. Is there a setting I need to change in work? Also, I was wondering if it were possible to change the gridline colours for all workbooks to a certain colour, or at least to any 'new' workbooks without having to go to Tools>Options each time. Second point. Open a new workbook, goto Tools>Options and set the gridlines col...

Export item ID?

Outlook 2007 SPS 2003 Exchange Problem
I have a small LAN with a SBS 2003. I upgraded 2 PC's that had XP Pro and Office 2003 to Vista Business and Office 2007. I am having problems seeing the public folders reliably. I get misc messages that the server is unavailable. I use a POP mail account as my default email and the Exchange Account is primarily for Shared Public Contacts and Calendars. I have never had any issues with Outlook 2003 before like this. If I delete the Exchange account in Mail in the control panel and then recreate it and open Outlook I may see the folders one time. If I exit Outlook and open it I cannot ...

Excel 2002, now 2007
I was previously using Excel 2002 and decided to buy Home and Student non-commercial 2007. I am having problems converting my 2002 files to 2007 and also do not seem to be able to upload the files thru 2007. I'm thinking because it is non-commercial, Excel 2007 non-c does not want you to upload to a website. Okay, can I purchase an upgrade of just Excel 2007 so that I can convert files and upload to my website? If I could I would go back to using my 2002 version I tried loading it again but the computer says it does not find a MS product to upgrade... Thanks...Nancy ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Recipient policy
Hello All, We were having an old SMTP address in our Exchange recipient policy that is no longer needed. Secondary address, of course. I have removed it from the recipient policy and applied changes. Now the new users are not assigned this address anymore. Good. However, this address is NOT removed from the list of e-mail addresses of the _existing_ users. How am I supposed to clean those? The fast search over KB didn't give me any useful ideas... Thanks, Boris On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:24:25 -0800, "Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote: >Hello All, >...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

Office 2007
I have been working with Office 2007 beta. In prior versions I was able to use the mouse to highlight the cells that were to be added to a chart. I cannot highlight the cells that I need, but have to manually type in the beginning and ending cell range. ...

Skip used labels in Access 2007
I have asked this question before, but apparently no one had tackled the problem yet. Maybe someone has now. I am trying to do a macro (or module if it is now the case) that skips used mailing labels on a page when printing two or three only. I know in the old Access this was possible, but I have yet to get it to work with 2007. Any ideas? By the way, I am not the best of programmers so keep it simple for me. Thanks. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but this is the query I use in a little application I devised, as the RecordSource of a labels report to pr...

Exporting to Powerpoint

path and filename display in title bar
Can I show the full path and filename in the title bar of a workbook in Excel 2007? - I know I can add it to the QAT, but this is not what I want. Thanks Joan Hi Joan, You can use the following code: Sub myPath() CapLen = Len(ActiveWorkbook.Name) FNLen = Len(ActiveWorkbook.FullName) ActiveWorkbook.Application.Caption = Left(ActiveWorkbook.FullName, FNLen - CapLen) End Sub -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire Microsoft Excel MVP "Joan" wrote: > Can I show the full path and filename in the title bar of a workbook in Excel > 2007? - I know I can add it to the QAT, ...

How can I define a fiscal calendar in MS Project 2003?
My corporate fiscal calendar is set up in 4wk, 4wk, 5wk increments. How can I define the months to equate to those increments so that I can view the data in fiscal months without have to manipulate the data in MS Excel? Not supported. You will need a macro for a solution to generate appropriate reports. It can be done using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "CindyP" wrote: > My corporate fiscal calendar is set ...