Every time i open a Word document, my toolbars change

is there a way to 'lock' toolbars such that they don't change every time i
open a word document (new or existing)?

The toolbar positions are stored in the normal template. The usual cause for
such changes is that you are using Word as editor for Outlook, which has a
different toolbar configuration. The simplest solution of to use Outlook's
own perfectly adequate e-mail editor.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to 'lock' toolbars such that they don't change every time i
> open a word document (new or existing)?

0
Graham

checking to see if an mdb file is currently open
Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE if it is? Thanks in advance, Paul I should also have added that I'd also like VBA to make that file, myApp.mde, the current Window. > Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file > (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE > if it is? > > Thanks in advance, > > Paul > ...

Franklin mint putting share withdrawal into every payee
I've opened up the OSX that my bank downloads into money and I'm seeing it looks like xml. The <name> has share withdrawal in every entry and the memo field seems to have more specific info. Is there anyway to make money use the memo field instead. I'm working on a prgram to make the switch for me, but that's going to take a while. ...

How to stop rules from opening folders?
I would like to prevent Outlook from opening the target folder whenever a message is processed by the rules I've specified. If there is no setting for this behaviour, is this possible somehow by changing some registry value? Many thanks for help! . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Outlook 2007
Hello everyone, For some strange reason synchronization time for CRM in Outlook is disabled. I'm unable to change the time period for crm synchronization. Other users are able to change the crm synchronization but only two users have that option disabled. Does anyone know what the cause of this may be? Thanks to everyone. ...

excel 2000 error when opening an xls file
I just made some code and form modifications to an Excel 2000 file. One of the sections of code creates a new worksheet in the workbook. Now every time I try to open the Excel file I get the message "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log has been created" First of all, where is the error log? Sure would be nice if MS would tell you where the log is in the message. Secondly, there are forms, code, macros and menus in this file. Somethign has become corrupt I fear. Is there any way to open the file wi...

How do I change from address?
When I send a message from my home email account Outlook shows the message being from "Jack and Debbie Wachtler". Since I am looking for a job and emailing resumes to some people, I want to change the from address to read just my name rather than me and my spouse. How do I do that? Assuming it's in internet vs. corporate mode, you can change the account properties. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q195578 especially the part about modifying the account information will be useful. This is for OL2000, but the concept is the same for all of them. A...

Inputting Time
I am creating a time sheet database based on excel spreadsheets. The user is used to entering start times and end times in a military format without colons. For example: he enters start time as 630 and the data is converted to 6:30 am in another cell. I want to duplicate this action in access. I can't figure out how. Thanks, parls On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:25:01 -0800, parls <parls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Perhaps you could have a second textbox and set the controlsource to: =Left$(myTextbox,2) & ":" & Right$(myTextbox,2) (of course you repl...

two copies of every email in crm3
Hi Whenever a user sends an email message from within a crm3 account as an activity, two instances of the original message subsequently appear in "history." how do i ensure that only 1 instance of an email is kept? many thanks in advance This does happens if you sent an email from one Crm user to another. If this is the case you can avoid this by going to Settings > Organization Settings > System Settings and on the tab E-mail Tracking set the second radio button (Exclude e-mail) to Yes. If it is not user to user mail the above won't change that. -- Patrick Verbe...

Maximum word length 03-30-10
What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (2007)? Does the Word function suffer when its size rises above a certain word length? If so, what is the limit under which I can use the Word without a problem associated with the size? Thanks. Supposedly you can have 32 Mb of text (not graphics etc.) in one file. You can't even _count_ how many words that would be! On Mar 30, 3:45=A0pm, Clarendon <Claren...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the maximum number of words I can have in a MS Word document (200= 7)? > Does the Wo...

Shifting apointment times in CRM / Outlook CRM
I am having problems with users entering appointments and having the times shifted. For example, a user will enter an appointment in Outlook CRM and link it to an Opportunity. Later (after a synchronization?) the user notices that the time in the outlook calendar has shifted. Do you know what is causing this? ------=_NextPart_0001_0BFC808F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Thanks for your post, this is Mike responding. This issue sounds like it is related to different time zones. If the following description fits your scenario please call microsoft sup...

Can I set an auto-bcc recipient for every outgoing message in MO6
I need to have every outgoing message, no matter who they addressed "to", automatically bcc'd to a different one person. How can I do that in MS Outlook Express 6? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

Difference between the active project and Open Project ?
"Calculation Mode Choosing Automatic specifies that a project´┐Żs variables should be calculated automatically (as soon as a change is made). When set to Manual, you will be forced to click the Calculate Now button (also shown in Figure 4-60) to recalculate your project. A couple of shortcut keys are tied to manual calculation. To recalculate all *open projects*, press F9. To recalculate just the *active project*, press Shift+F9." Could you tell me, what is the difference between the active project and Open Project ? -- ks2008 -------------------------------------...

Allow only one user to access workbook at a time
I need to set excel to allow only one user at a time to access a workbook. The workbook is NOT a shared workbook, but it resides on a network share. Multiple users need to access it, but only One at a time. I want all other users to get a message that the file is in use and they can not open it. Is this possible? I believe that is the standard behavior of a network file that is not shared; users who access the file when it is in use get a message the file is in use and whether they want to open as Read Only. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Emir_of_sh...

Military time viewed as civilian time
I have a time sheet template saved in Excel with all of the appropriate formulas to calculate hours worked after subtracting lunch, then adding each day taking into account overtime, etc. For these formulas to work, I must use military time (at least I think so). Now the girl at the office who inputs all payroll information into our payroll company's database says that she does not want to see military time on the time sheets. How can I still use the appropriate format so that the formula will work and it still be viewed as civilian time?......or is this even possible? Hi What do you ...

prevent Outlook from initiating each time I start the computer!
After installing service pack 2, Otlook 2002 starts each time I start or restart the PC. I looked up articles and checked 4 places with no success! 1] msconfig [to disable startup programs in the systemin.ini, win.ini, boot.ini, services] 2] Windows Registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] 3] Windows win.ini 4] Windows Services I uninstalled and reinstalled the Office programs, but to no avail. What else could initiate the outlook.exe? Thanks for your help! DD Start, All Programs, Startup folder? Pocket PC using ActiveSync will load Outlook, possibly Palm devices too. "DD" <dd@...

How do I scroll through documents using the touchpad?
I used to be able to simply touch the touchpad and, by sliding my finger up or down, I could move up or down through a document. Since installing Windows 7 this feature doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong, is there something to turn on, or is this feature not available in this 'improved' Windows OS? Nothing to do with Word. On my new Acer Windows 7 laptop, the touchpad has a white vertical line at the right edge, and stroking along the right edge scrolls the window. There's a setting for whether it'll do that or not. Maybe your hardware doesn't ...

can't open emails #2
I automatically install updates to my computer everyday. However, the last update was interupted because I inadvertantly closed out IE. Since this happened, when I go into Outlook Web Access and log in to check my work emails from home, I am unable to open the emails. I need help desperately as I'm unable to check my work emails from home. Thanks! WendyZ <WendyZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I automatically install updates to my computer everyday. However, > the last update was interupted because I inadvertantly closed out IE. > Since this happened, when I...

How do I average every 3rd cell in a column of a spreadsheet?
I have a spreadsheet with headers of the days of the week. Below that is the date, then location 1's sales then below that is location 2's sales. It is a running year long listing and I want to calculate the Average Sales for each day of the week. For Example: Monday Location 12/20/2010 $3,523.12 store #1 $4,632.12 store #2 12/27/2010 $3,322.12 store #1 $4,545.12 store #2 I just picked 2 dates that are a week apart. In the example above, I want to average $3523.12 and $3322.12 and so forth (this would be location1) and then sepa...

Change icon of IE for CRM windows ?
Hi I had the question from a customer if it's possible to change the IE e icon one the windows where CRM is on to know which of the windows in the bottom is CRM and which is normal IE pages. I guess it's not possible but anyway if anyone has solution for it it would be great :) /Jack make a copy of an webpage on desktop right click on it and choose properties under web document URL: type the link to CRM like http://mycrm:5555 save it.. first time you will access it via link it will change icon to CRM 4.0 Icon.. :-) "CRM master" wrote: > Hi > > I had ...

Schedule Change Log
Is it possible for MSProject Server 2007 to log schedule changes for reporting purposes? My customer has a requirement in which they want to see all additions, deletions, logic changes, and duration changes. We have a 20k line item schedule that changes frequently. We're currently dumping before/after schedules into Excel and using vlookup. Thanks! Sandy Sandy -- There is no automatic change log available in Project Server 2007, but there is a manual method you could use. Before the PM makes changes to the enterprise project, he/she should click File - Save As ...

Open Outlook Properties w/Link?
Is there is a way open the outlook properties dialog window by simply clicking on a hyperlink? sort of like the result from "mailto:" ...

Adding Minutes & Seconds expressing time differnce if total is over an hour
I am working on a document in which I can do the following: 1)format a column in minutes and seconds ie. 2:30 is two minutes 30 seconds - (Format - Cells - Time - 13:30:55) 2)total the time of the column using SUM 3) Ideally every time my column will add up to one hour, but when it doesn't I want to be able to do the following: if the total is over one hour I want the word "OVER" and the minutes:seconds I'm over one hour and when the total is short I want the word "UNDER" and the number of minutes:seconds I'm short. It's okay (& actually better...

delete every other column...
Need a macro that'll delete every other column in a worksheet. Try something like the following: Dim ColNdx As Integer For ColNdx = Columns.Count To 1 Step -2 Cells(1, ColNdx).EntireColumn.Delete Next ColNdx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4fc701c3ac3e$eccfb150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Need a macro that'll delete every other column in a > worksheet. I'm so proud of myself. Created the macro and it works however want it to just run ...

98 .my file cannot be open.
I changed my computer for a new one with XP. Sinece then, I cannot not open the back-up .my files 98 version. I was getting the message that the file is encrypted, it cannnot be open with the current .my 98 version. So, I installed the .my 2004 updated version. I am still getting the same message. What should I do to restaure the .my files? ...

DVD Drive Icon Not Changing
I hava a copy of the DVD drive icon on my desktop. Even though I have used other DVD's, the Icon for a DVD I used several weeks ago is still there. The same is true for the My Computer (Computer) view. How can I fix this? ...