Encoded Word Documents

We have recently purchased a new pc with windows 7 and have installed the
Microsoft Office software however when I got to open a PDF or word document
from a webpage a file conversion pop up box comes up and asks for me to
select the encoding that makes the document readable but none of them do.
even the windows default doesn't work......

You cannot open a pdf in Word. You need Adobe Reader.

What you're downloading from a web page probably isn't a Word
document, either.

On May 27, 4:25=A0pm, Newuser <Newu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We have recently purchased a new pc with windows 7 and have installed the
> Microsoft Office software however when I got to open a PDF or word docume=
nt
> from a webpage a file conversion pop up box comes up and asks for me to
> select the encoding that makes the document readable but none of them do.
> even the windows default doesn't work......

0
Peter

How do I convert Word document into an Excel document?
I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel document. I hope it can be done. Is there way, and if so, please let me have detailed instructions. I am not an expert at Excel. Thanks. "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE023AB-BCB2-4DE6-BA60-F709D39C5537@microsoft.com... > I have a long Word document that needs to be converted to an Excel document. > I hope it can be done. Is there way, and if so, please let me have detailed > instructions. I am not an expert at Excel. > > Thanks. That depends on what y...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Floating toolbars in Word 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've seen a lot of people using Word 2008 couldn't get their toolbars to come up and that there's a solution for that. <br><br>I'm using Word 2004 and I want to dock the formatting toolbar rather than have them floating. Any advice? The toolbars in Word 2004 are floating, and there is nothing you can do to change that. You can place them close to any corner of the screen, and they will snap into place, but there is no way to make the toolbars part of the document window itself. In...

Modify document date on posted transactions
Is it possible to modify the document date of invoices in an SOP batch? This normally wouldn't be a problem, but our quarter just ended and all the Sept 28 invoices got posted with Oct 1 dates. We have several Crystal reports that are run based on this document date, as well as other reports. Thanks in advance. -- Dave Stonesifer ...

Copying text to Word doc
Is there an EASY way to copy text from Excel cells into Word (without creating a chart)? My Excel file will include 1,000s of text responses, which I have to somehow transfer to a Word doc as ordinary text, for a report. For lesser projects, I've simply cut and pasted the text into Word, cell by cell (tedious!). But this upcoming project is a huge one. Any tips? -- janeite2001 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ janeite2001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26243 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Word 2003 duplicates two headings in the menu bar
Wnat to know how to delete one of these headings so as to enable keyboard access rather than just the mouse Are you saying that menu items are being duplicated? That could be caused by a poorly designed add-in adding an item without checking if it's already present. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "shp" <shp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B245A9E-36C7-4D33-915E-4BE54BFAD7D3@microsoft.com... > Wnat to know how to delete one of these headings so as to enable keyboard > access rather than just the mous...

Word 2001 for Mac and Color Stylewriter 1500 problem
Dear Expert, There seems to be an incompatibility between MS Word 2001 for Mac (for which I have run the latest updater) and the Color Stylewriter 1500 printer driver vZ2-2.2.1 which is part of the Mac OS 9.1 software. Unlike other components of Office 2001 and other applications such as MS Works 4.0, Claris Works etc which have A4 as an option in the pop-up menu for page size, with Word 2001 this is not available and so I have had to use the Custom button. However, having entered the A4 dimensions in the Custom button box, these are lost if I change the scaling and everything is returned...

how to delete a row in excel with a specific word using visual basic
Hi, I have an excel file that always come with a line at the end with "downloaded:" in the cell. How can I write a macro to search for that cell and delete the row that cell is in? Thanks for all your help! Any time you are in doubt on how to interact with excel, try recording a new macro and then physically do the steps you are trying to code. Stop the recording and then go look at the recorded macro www.jameswesleybluesband.com Hi "mchen" mchen@gellerco.com, Delete rows with "N" in Column 31 (col AE) from my http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/delem...

Translate Word Perfect Files
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format? Hello - Mac Word stopped including WordPerfect filters/converters several versions back. However, if you have access to a PC running Word you can probably open the file there & save it in .doc format - depending on which version of WP created the file. If the current versions of PC Word don't have the necessary equipment there are additional filters available from: http://gmayor.com/downloads.htm You may also be interested in a pr...

Publisher: how do I add a template to an existing Word document
How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. ...

copy data for match word from one file to another file
I need help to merge two files. Any help or macro will be highly appreciated. I have two files. file A and file B. Need to update FILE A from File B. Each file has hundred of rows and about 50 column. If any word or phrase under column "Part" file A matches with any word under column "Part" file b, then copy all the data of matching COLUMN "PART" and corresponding column "NAME" from file B to matching COLUMN "PART" AND corresponding column "NAME" FILE A. See example File A NAME ...

How do I get a "fix" to open .docx files with word 2000?
My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an upgrade, how do I download a "fix"?? CWP wrote: > My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an > upgrade, how do I download a "fix"?? Download the Office Compatibility Pack from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466. Before you apply the pack, make sure your Office programs have been updated to Service Pack 3, as indicated in the System Requirements section of that page. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microso...

Missing Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library
This happens when anyone opens my file created in Excel 2000 with Excel XP instead. My file creates a word doc from excel. How can I modify my code below to make it able to differentiate between Microsoft Word 9.0 Object Library and the 10.0 Object Library Dim wrd As Word.Application Use late binding Dim wrd As Object Set wrd = CreateObject("Word.Application") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "LI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Combining Excel and Word
I work at a firm where we prepare monthly bills for our clients. The bill consists of three Word documents and one cover letter. I prepare the calculations on several spreadsheets in one Excel workbook. I would like the calculations to automatically update the Word documents. I have not been able to figure out how to do this. I tried formatting Excel to look like the Word docs. (so everything could be in one Excel workbook), but it did not look right. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I should add that I am working in Office 2000, but we will soon be updated to X...

Outllok 2003 Mail Merge with Word XP
I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest of Office XP. It appears that I can no longer do a mail merge from my Outlook contacts using Word XP. Any help regarding how this may be achieved? Your help is appreciated. Best regards, Sastry Versions must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sastry" <sastry@saraswathula.com> wrote in message news:051101c3a9e7$86174f80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest > of Office XP. It appears that I can no longer do a mail > merge from my Outlook ...

Has anyone seen my FIND dialog box (Word 2007)?
My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command (press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other applicaitons. Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box back? Well, when you open the Find panel your cursor is in the box, so you could start typing some...

In Word the shortcut keys to change from UC to LC is shift F3....
In Word the shortcut keys to change from UC to LC is shift F3, why not have the shortcut keys to do the same in Excel? Hi is this a question on how to change case in Excel, or a request for MS to implement the shift F3 short-cut, if it is the later then email them at mswish@microsoft.com with excel in the subject line and details of what you would like in the message body. if the former then reposting in the form of a question might receive an answer. -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "jdtrkohler" <jdtrkohl...

Fast XML Document Parsing?
I currently parse an xml document using the XmlTestReader class. The xml doc contains several records, each of which contains about 10 elements. I then convert each element in a record into its equivalent C# data type (e.g. for float values, I use float.Parse(elementVal) ) I then perform calculations using each of these converted values before overwriting the values when the next xml record is parsed. Is this the best technique? <rec> <val1> <val2> <val3> </rec> <rec> <val1> <val2> <val3> </rec> Depends how many ...

Feeding MS Excell with MS Word data
Hi there! I need to know if it is possible to pass data from MS Word to MS Excell The data in MS Word is text, and I need to place some information in specific columns in an Excell Workbook Thanks Christian ...

How to assign a hot key to an existing macro in word 2007?
I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new macro. But how do I attach it after one is created and working? Word Menu (or Button)>Word Options>Customize>Keyboard shortcuts "Customize" and choose the "Macros" category nixonian wrote: > I saw how to attach a key to a macro when starting to record a new > macro. But how do I attach it after one is created and working? I finally found the command "Customize Keyboard" using "Search Commands" menu item. I still have not found it in the standard ribbon...

Any ways of exporting an Invoice Form in SOP to either Word or Exc
Hi Is there any way to export an Invoice Form (Blank, Short, Long) that is printed from SOP to either Word or Excel? I know that Smartlist provides you the ability to do this, and you can always send the form to text file (Send to) convert to Excel, but is there a way to do this via Excel the easiest way or Word? Thanks! You want to print an invoice to an Excel format, is that correct? If so, I'm not aware of any direct method. There might be a third party product that will accomplish this. "Bryan Hipolito" wrote: > Hi > > Is there any way to export an...

Can't edit story in Word (Pub 2000)
I have Office 2000 SB Edition, running on Windows 98 SE. When I am using Publisher 2000, and want to "Edit Story in Word" I get an error message. It says it can't connect with Word, and to "close other applications or free up memory", or to "reinstall the OLE server". I don't have any other applications running, and I have lots of free memory. I don't know what the OLE server is, or how to reinstall it. Can anyone help please? I have Office 2000 SB Edition running on Windows XP on another machine, and I do not get this problem there, just on the Wi...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Documents on Network drive alwasys say "document in use"
When I try to open a WORD or EXCEL document or attach a file in OUTLOOK that are on a network drive, I get a message that "the document is in use" and am unable to open it. However, if I save the file down to my PC hardd rive, I can open or attach the document. The problem only happens with Microsoft Office products and has just started happening in the last few weeks. How do I fix this problem? Your help would be appreciated ...

How do I stop Word putting text at bottom of page onto next page?
Word pushes some text at the bottom of the page onto the next page, thereby creating a gap at the bottom of the page. How do I get Word to stop doing this? The following settings may be relevant in such a case: "Keep with next," "Keep lines together," and "Widow/orphan control" (all found in the Paragraph dialog box). Note, however, that the best way to deal with this depends on what kind of a document you are creating. Is it a numbered outline of heading styles? A document with footnotes in it? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP &quo...