Encoded Word Documents

We have recently purchased a new pc with windows 7 and have installed the
Microsoft Office software however when I got to open a PDF or word document
from a webpage a file conversion pop up box comes up and asks for me to
select the encoding that makes the document readable but none of them do.
even the windows default doesn't work......

You cannot open a pdf in Word. You need Adobe Reader.

What you're downloading from a web page probably isn't a Word
document, either.

On May 27, 4:25=A0pm, Newuser <Newu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We have recently purchased a new pc with windows 7 and have installed the
> Microsoft Office software however when I got to open a PDF or word docume=
nt
> from a webpage a file conversion pop up box comes up and asks for me to
> select the encoding that makes the document readable but none of them do.
> even the windows default doesn't work......

0
Peter

Murge Document
I was working on a word 2007 document on my office computer and e-mail it to myself at home when I opened it at home I was prompt to merge it with older version of the said document I had on my home computer since it was the late version I thought it save me some edit times and hit yes tab However, once the merge was completed the hyperlinks in the document was corrupted or should I say is displayed in the enclosed format "{HYPERLINK FennerRobert@hotmail.com}" Now this how all hyperlink is displayed in all my word documents, How can I reverse this process? Press ...

Word Art
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can not insert any text into the wordart. I click on the one that I want, it appears in the centre of my document, it says in the centre, &quot;your text here&quot;, but I can't insert any text, I click into the box and it just stays the same, I click out of it and the icon appears at the top of the page, I type and it just doesn't go into the text/word art box <br><br>Any ideas Once you insert the WordArt object Control/Right-Click it & select 'Edit Text' [or double-clic...

Outlook 2003 Group Policy and encoding settings
I am trying to deploy the following Outlook 2003 settings via group policy: Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled. But when I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" is ignored and on the client side is applied as Disabled, although I have set it to Enabled. When I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Not Configured", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" works as expected. Is this some kind of a ...

How to Insert Rich Format Text into a Word document ?
Any suggestion is appreciate .thanks in advance. "Sunny" <sound_of_nature@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uCmDjRn$IHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Any suggestion is appreciate .thanks in advance. > Is the document open in Word, or are you trying to modify a Word file? For the first case, you can use the Word object model (a COM interface) to insert text and to control formatting. There's not much documentation on doing this from C++, so first you have to learn how to do it in the VBA that is part of Word. Then you can translate that into COM calls fro...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

using excel for the first time,want a document frowhere can learn
using excel for the first time,want to know the basic about excel from the start,if a document is provided that would be more usefull Regards pooja thats an awfully broad question....Excel can be used in many many many many ways..........give us an idea of what you want to do.....there are many templates available too -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "pooja thimmaiah" wrote: > using excel for the first time,want to know the basic about excel from the > start,if a document is provided that would be more usefull > > Regards > pooja pooja thimmaiah wro...

when word is typed in cell, how can the row auto displays data?
I have created a column of drop down cells in "A." When a value for "A" is chosen, I would like the rest of the row automatically display the associated data. How can I accomplish this? Assuming the associated data is in a lookup table, say A1:H100 on Sheet2, use =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$H$100,2,False) and then repeat with offsets of 3,4, ... etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F5A2F57-D843-4DFF-9B7F-286D68645638@microsoft.com... > I have created a column of drop down cells in "A." Whe...

Common word in line
I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and I want to know which lines contains the word "Rent" or "Rental". Any help would be very much appreciated. Fernando Gomez Assuming your transactions are in col. A, put this in col. B and fill down: =IF(SUM(COUNTIF(A1,{"*rent*","*rental*"}))>0,1,"") Any row with a 1 next to it is means "rent" or "rental" appears. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am analyzing a report with about 10000 transactions (Cheques paid) and ...

Word 2007's Find command no longer able to find Style Separators
Word seems to have unexpectedly changed in its ability to find Style Separators. In years past (and versions past), you could insert a Style Separator, then locate it later using Word's find dialog by searching for text "^p" with font Hidden. It is, after all, basically just a paragraph mark, and it's font attribute is Hidden. But all of the sudden--not sure if it's just something that started with Word 2007 SP2--it is no longer found with these parameters. This came as quite a surprise as several macros I use to find Style Separators just stoppe...

Word Mail Merges
Has anyone found some method to attach a Word Document to 20 or 50 (or more) Contacts that CRM 1.2 has done a Mail Merge on? We are using Office XP on Windows XP workstations and we are on CRM 1.2. There must be some solution to this issue. We do Mailings from CRM 1.2 and want to be able track the actual document that was used. Even if there was some way to tell what Word Template we used, that would be a step forward too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. off the top of my head, I don't think thats possible with a default setup........(so much for tight integration, ...

E-mail encode
Hi, I found a strange e-mail, it is sent from our SQL2000 Report Serivce. This email is write in Chinese. When this email arrive my inbox, it shows in wrong code. When I forward it to someone, it shows in right code. Can anybody help me? Thanks! Tony ...

PC .doc file crashes word (Snow leopard)

word accountabilty
Can you modify a document before you create it?I would like to know if there a place in word or vista/xp that logs every move made or documents a documents conception that can’t be changed? This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup that deals with Word. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "triplingcs" <triplingcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DE1E2F5-68FA-4DE2-9255-129A...

Importing from Word
When I Import a Word Document into a New Publisher design, each page has a text box that says "Document Title." How to I change that into the title my MY Document without typing it into every single page of a hundred page document? The "Import Word Document" does not synchronize. There are only workarounds. Open a new instance of Publisher(A), in the Import Word Document wizard, select your design, import any document. Right-click the body text box, click format text box, size tab, note the size of the text box. Delete the page number text box. Delete the body tex...

Insert Toolbar Dropdown Menu Word 2003 Pro
Now I have tried to post this twice and both times it said it was posted but darn if I can find it. When I click Insert>Auto Text>Signature in Word 2003, all of a sudden, beside many of the choices with an > I'm seeing the message Sign Into Office Live Workspace Beta. It does nothing when I click it. As I said, it's beside quite a few of the choices in this drop down list. I did nothing to change this. Have I gotten an Update from Microsoft that changed something? I'd just like to say that if this is due to a Microsoft Update Microsoft owes the 2003 Office Pr...

Call a word doc
Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed from Access... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Whoops, that was not complete. Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to define the file name. We use a bid number formatted l...

Total in Words
Hello everybody, I'm modifying the invoice layout with Report Writer, my problem is the following, how can put the total in words? Ellery, Typically, there is no need to post the same question twice under different subjects. You could use the RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumber System user-defined function or the RW_Convert_To_Words_And_Numbers Payroll user-defined function in Report Writer. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers Convert currency value to Words and Numbers, using descriptive terms from the Currency ID supplied. { --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Trying to print a document
Hi, When I try to print a document from Word. I get this message. (Printers Queue is stopped -Really Print?) This is my last resort before I have to pay for help. I have a Power Mac G3 with an 80 GB partioned hard drive. (8GB & 72 GB). Running OSX 10.2 My printer can run a test page so I have to assume it's not the printer. It would be a great help if some can give me the fix. Thank you so much. In article <1151101c3f4ca$6a39cd50$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Alfio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > When I try to print a document from Word. > ...

Search for Words in Attached Documents
Hi, I'm trying to create a engineering database whereby there will be hyperlinks to engineering documents. I'm trying to create a query whereby I can search for words in the attached engineering documents. How can it be done? Please do not multi-post and cross-post your question. You are much better served to have 1 post were everyone's ideas are located so a true discussion can occur. See you post at for a possible solution: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.a...

Export from Visio to Word
Hi, I created a EER database model in Visio and I would like to send/export it to word so that I can print it and other people with MS Word can see it because my professor and GTA they do not have MS Visio. Thanks Tiger On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:15:47 -0600, "tiger" <aaa0715@omega.uta.edu> wrote: >Hi, > >I created a EER database model in Visio and I would like to send/export it >to word so that I can print it and other people with MS Word can see it >because my professor and GTA they do not have MS Visio. Save the diagram as an image (GIF or PNG). The...

Word as email editor causes CPU hangs after SP2
Many people I know have been experiencing the problem of CPU "hangs" in Outlook 2003 with XP SP2. These CPU hangs immedaitely stop if you turn OFF Word as your email editor. The problem is: we want to use Word as our emial editor. Has anyone discovered the cause/fix for this issue?? I would suggest disabling word add-ins (adobe.... ) I think this is probably the problem "BDW" <bdwhitney@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:UpGdnU7hcPEP6PTeRVn-ow@adelphia.com... > Many people I know have been experiencing the problem of CPU "hangs" in >...

error: "Starting Word as You E-mail Editor"
Any help is appreciated - thanks for reading this. All the messages I read under Microsoft Troubleshooting seem to reference deleting Word Viewer 97, but it doesn't seem to be loaded on my programs. Also, I have gone under Tools, Options, Mail Settings and the box "choose Word as your editor" is checked. Unfortunately, I cannot create any new messages, or even respond to those sent to me. I am about to pay for support but was hoping someone out there may have seen this problem before. Thanks, again! Did you look at this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

email & word
Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability to open email attachments. -- Thanks aWebParson Do you mean you no longer get attachments or you can't open them? What program do you use for email? What message do you get? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "awebparson" <awebparson@charter.net> wrote in message news:10ai59ur26h5t0e@corp.supernews.com... > Since I installed the Publisher 2003 on my computer I have lost the ability > to open email attachments. > > -- > Thanks > aWebParson > > ...

how do I change undo from letters to words in Microsoft Word?
My 'undo' button goes letter by letter, very slowly. How do I get it to undo by each word? You could click on the tiny arrow next to the Undo button and drag down through as many individual typing (or whatever) actions as you need to. (But it doesn't show you the effects until after you let go; if you've Undone too much, you have to Redo immediately to fix it.) On Jan 14, 6:39=A0am, katetamm <katet...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My 'undo' button goes letter by letter, very slowly. How do I get it to u= ndo > by each word? ...

Is it possible to count words in a memo field
Hi is it possible to count the number of times the words "Invoice Chased" has been entered in a memo field? If it is how do I go about it? Thanks Bob Where: MField is the name of your memo filed SField is the search string SFieldCount is the number of occurances of the search string SFieldCount = (Len([MField]) - Len(Replace([MField], SField, ""))) / Len (SField) You're replacing the search string with a zero length string, comaparing the length of the memo field before and after the replacement(s) then dividing the difference by the length of the search stri...