--
Richard
Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro (soon to be Office 2007 & W7)

Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com

Some things you cannot do with the macro recorder and you have to code by
hand. In this case you want to add a Firstcap switch to a selected field.
The following is one way to do that

Sub AddFirstCap()
Dim oField As Field
Set oField = Selection.Sentences(1).Fields(1)
If InStr(1, oField.Code.Text, "\*Firstcap") = False Then
    oField.Code.Text = oField.Code.Text & " \*Firstcap"
End If
oField.Update
End Sub

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"RichUE" <RichUE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I often record a macro to repeat often-used keystrokes, but today I found a
> keystroke that couldn't be recorded. I use Tools, Macros, Record a new
> Macro
> and assign it to a toolbar.
> In my document, I have some cross-references to bookmarks. Some bookmarks
> begin with a lower-case letter (due to the context in which they are
> used),
> but this may be changed in the cross-reference by right-clicking on the
> field, Edit field, Format - First capital.
> However, when trying to capture this sequence in a macro recording, the
> right-click function is not available. Is there an alternative keystroke I
> can use? I couldn't find a relevant menu option.
> --
> Richard
> Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro (soon to be Office 2007 & W7)
>
> Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com

0
Graham
3/24/2010 10:37:05 AM
Thanks Graham. That's great.
--
Richard
Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro

Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Some things you cannot do with the macro recorder and you have to code by
> hand. In this case you want to add a Firstcap switch to a selected field.
> The following is one way to do that
>
> Sub AddFirstCap()
> Dim oField As Field
> Set oField = Selection.Sentences(1).Fields(1)
> If InStr(1, oField.Code.Text, "\*Firstcap") = False Then
>     oField.Code.Text = oField.Code.Text & " \*Firstcap"
> End If
> oField.Update
> End Sub
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "RichUE" <RichUE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I often record a macro to repeat often-used keystrokes, but today I found a
> > keystroke that couldn't be recorded. I use Tools, Macros, Record a new
> > Macro
> > and assign it to a toolbar.
> > In my document, I have some cross-references to bookmarks. Some bookmarks
> > begin with a lower-case letter (due to the context in which they are
> > used),
> > but this may be changed in the cross-reference by right-clicking on the
> > field, Edit field, Format - First capital.
> > However, when trying to capture this sequence in a macro recording, the
> > right-click function is not available. Is there an alternative keystroke I
> > can use? I couldn't find a relevant menu option.
> > --
> > Richard
> > Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro (soon to be Office 2007 & W7)
> >
> > Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com
>

> .

Thanks Graham, that's great.
--
Richard
Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro

Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Some things you cannot do with the macro recorder and you have to code by
> hand. In this case you want to add a Firstcap switch to a selected field.
> The following is one way to do that
>
> Sub AddFirstCap()
> Dim oField As Field
> Set oField = Selection.Sentences(1).Fields(1)
> If InStr(1, oField.Code.Text, "\*Firstcap") = False Then
>     oField.Code.Text = oField.Code.Text & " \*Firstcap"
> End If
> oField.Update
> End Sub
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "RichUE" <RichUE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I often record a macro to repeat often-used keystrokes, but today I found a
> > keystroke that couldn't be recorded. I use Tools, Macros, Record a new
> > Macro
> > and assign it to a toolbar.
> > In my document, I have some cross-references to bookmarks. Some bookmarks
> > begin with a lower-case letter (due to the context in which they are
> > used),
> > but this may be changed in the cross-reference by right-clicking on the
> > field, Edit field, Format - First capital.
> > However, when trying to capture this sequence in a macro recording, the
> > right-click function is not available. Is there an alternative keystroke I
> > can use? I couldn't find a relevant menu option.
> > --
> > Richard
> > Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro (soon to be Office 2007 & W7)
> >
> > Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com
>

> .

Using a field from one sub form and into another subform
I have a form with tabbed subforms on it. subform1 - datefield1 subform2 - datefield1 When I fill out subform1 I then tab to subform2 and I would like the data in datefield 1 to carry over to the datefield1 in subform2. Is this possible? It is a bit unusual in a well-normalized relational database to have to store the same fact more than one time. If you'll describe a bit more specifically what having the same fact (date info?) in two places will allow you to do, folks here may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MV...

Auto populate multiple fields from related table
Hi there , I have Incident entity which has 1:N relationship with a Custom table (Part Master). Lookup field is created on Part # on the Incident form, When I open a new Incident , on entering the Part # I would like to display whole bunch fields on the Incident form from the related Part Master. Also would like to assign some of these fields to the Incident record. Any ideas how can this be done ? Any help is appreicated. Thank you in advance. Gustho To do this you will need to write a javascript for the part onchange event to call the CrmWebservice retrieve the selected entity ...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Counting active fields
How could i programmatically count the number of fields which aren't null, adjusting that count every time i change which record i'm looking at? Could i count only whether some specific fields are null? I was thinking of making a query that counted the records that met the criteria, except that by including each new field, i'm narrowing rather than enlarging the field of records it will include. Is there a way to make an "or" without having to directly edit the sql of the query? I take it you hae a bunch of similar fields in the table, and in your query you wa...

Managing users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings
Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings? (Perhaps via AD group policy, for example) By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized, local data groups etc...; Thanks! I have the same question, is there no ADM template for CRM? "Peter Lynch" wrote: > Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings? > (Perhaps via AD group policy, for example) > > By "settings" I mean all tho...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Set tab changes for entire columns
I have created a document with 4 columns. After the heading I changed the tab stops. Somehow the tabs keep changing. How can I set the tab stops at a line below the heading and make them stay the same through the rest of the document? Problem is I have already typed 2 pages of the document and want to reset the tabs to cover the beginning list columns to be unchanging through the rest of the document. "Gramma Susie" wrote: > I have created a document with 4 columns. After the heading I changed the tab > stops. Somehow the tabs keep changing. How can I set t...

Adding a new Required field
Can i add a new field to my table such that i enforce a Required condition on it? I cant do this in the table design cos the field will be blank till date. Only the records henceforth should have a mandatory entry in this field. Is there a way i can set this up in the Form?ThanksRamesh Thanks .. that helped. I need to use it only on fields which should not go without data.Ramesh"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3680E488-4ED6-4EC7-966D-9504717B4BEE@microsoft.com...> Hi Ramesh>> You could use a messages box to tell users that they...

Populate other fields from a lookup attribute
Contents: - I have an Entity B with a relationship to Entity A. - Entity B has a many-to-1 relationship to Entity A, with lookup attribute to Entity A's [Machine Name]. - Entity A has 2 fields: [Machine Name] and [Machine Description]. Scenario: When I create a new Entity B, I will click on the lookup attribute to Entity A. A window will pop-out for me to choose one instancec of Entity A. When I have clicked the desired [Machine Name] value. The lookup attribute will now show the [Machine Name] value I selected. Question: I also want to capture its corresponding [Machine Description]...

Prevent duplication in a field
Hi (Access 2003) Is there any way to check that the data typed into a field (e.g. 201-150-500) is not duplicated as I leave the field, not after exitinng after all of the form is filled in as happens now Regards Ken Use the control's before update event to check your values. If you want to stop the update then: MsgBox the user optionally Me.controlname.undo Cancel=True Me.controlname.setfocus -- Pictou "Ken" wrote: > Hi > (Access 2003) Is there any way to check that the data typed into a field > (e.g. 201-150-500) is not duplicated as I leave the field, no...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Outlook setting issues for RPC over https
We are setting up outlook to connect using RPC over https We've keep coming across issues with Outlook cant find the exchange settings when you configure Outlook to connect to our bridge head servers. The problem is random and typically if we keep blowing away the settings eventually they take. We have not found anything running locally that could be an issue and all communication is https over the internet. anyone have any suggestions? You don't mention what version of Outlook/Exchange you are using, but if I understand your post correctly, Outlook 2003 cannot redirect itself to...

Calculated field & hiding #Error results
I have a calculated field in a report I am running in Access 2003. The report shows attendance percentages for 3 shifts over 3 zones. However, only one shift has employees in the third zone, the other two do not. When I run the report I get #Error because the calculated field is: =[Zone1Actual]/[Zone1AuthRoll] and Zone 1, for example, does not have an Authorized roll number so the calculation is zero divided by zero. I thought that the following might work: =Nz([Zone1Actual])/Nz([Zone1AuthRoll]) But I still get #Error in this field on the report. Any suggestions? =IIf([Zone1AuthRoll]=...

Calculating additional fields on a Quote Form
Hi there, I have this percentage custom field I convert into a money field using javascript which is added to the detail amount. I then calculate the tax in order to get a total amount. The problem is when i use the below script, when I save twice the correct total amount appears, but when I save and close a totally different total amount appears SCRIPT function OnSave() { crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue = (crmForm.all.totallineitemamount.DataValue / 100) * crmForm.all.discountpercentage.DataValue + crmForm.all.totallineitemamount.DataValue; crmForm.all.totaltax.DataVal...

Autoarchive settings
I O2003 I have created exceptions to my general autoarchive rule. The general rule is to autoarchive everything after 30 days. I have set up certain folders to not be autoarchived. Is there any 'one step' way to remove these exceptions? Is there any way to list folders, see the settings for each one, and change these settings? I have hundreds of folders created over the years and do not want to have to painstakingly go through each one. I am happy doing things like registry editing, if necessary. Many thanks. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Can we set a particular category as a "default" category for all messages (w/o using a template, etc.)?
Thanks. Not in versions prior to 2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in me...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...