double-spacing

Hello there,
I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and
single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

Go to the Paragraph Format panel (Home tab, Paragraph group, arrow at
the bottom right corner) and set Line Spacing to Single (or to Exactly
some number) and Space After to some amount that looks right (or to
the same amount that you put under Exactly).

Better yet, do this in the Paragraph Style you use for your basic
text. (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S, right-click on the name of the style you're
using, choose Modify, then Format at the bottom left, Paragraph)

On Dec 11, 3:10=A0pm, Sonia <So...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
> I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, an=
> single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

0
Peter
12/11/2009 8:25:44 PM
Use "Single" for Line Spacing and choose 12 pt for Spacing Before or Spacing
After (which determines the spacing between paragraphs).

You can specify Spacing Before/After in the Paragraph group of the Page
Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sonia" <Sonia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
> I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and
> single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

0
Stefan
12/11/2009 8:31:02 PM
Word 2007 has built-in sets of pre-configured styles. The default is Normal.
When you use the default Word 2007 style set, the normal style has 1.15 line
spacing and 10 points of space after each paragraph. If you change to the
Word 2003 style set, the normal style has single line spacing and no space
after. You can adopt these styles as your default body text, or use one of
the other built-in styles as your default body text. Or you may modify any
of the default styles to provide the appearance you require and save the
changed styles as a personal style set.

You will find all the tools to select and change styles and style sets from
the Styles group on the Home tab.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sonia" <Sonia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
> I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and
> single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that?

0
Graham

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

..could not allocate the required space in a Registry log
Hello all, I use exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 platform. When i tried to create a mailbox for a new user, i got the following error msg: "System could not allocate the required space in a Registry log". Pls what can I do to correct this and also to prevent a future occurrence. Your urgent response will be appreciated. ...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

The normalize-space
Hi all I'm trying to get a value from an xml node 'Publisher' use the value as a name of an .css class. This works fine until I get a value from the Publisher node with white space in it. I've been trying to use normalize-space function on this but I can't make this work here is what I'm trying to do <xsl:attribute name="class">color<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(Publisher)"/></xsl:attribute> Can anyone help me, I've spent to much time on this already.. Thanks K. normalize-space doesn't remove spaces, just trim...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Space in HardDisk
Hi!!! I need a script that monitors the hard drives of servers and when you reach a minimum space constraints, I send an email warning. How can I do?, Exists already implemented? THANKS "MiguelA" <ma.camaleon@NOSPAMgmail.com> said this in news item news:84B02BEC-D648-4050-A796-7599E263880E@microsoft.com... > Hi!!! > > I need a script that monitors the hard drives of servers and when you > reach a minimum space constraints, I send an email warning. > How can I do?, Exists already implemented? > > THANKS > You could use this ...

how to decrease spacing between sentences
currently have paragraph spacing between all sentences....how do i decrease amount of space betwee regular sentences to look like this not this.... wwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwww Hi grocered, What you have is spacing between paragraphs, not sentences. To change the inter-paragraph spacing, use Format|Paragraph and change the before/after setting. Ideally, you should make this change to the appropriate paragraph Style, via Format|Style -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "grocered" <grocered@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A831C00-BDFD...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...

How to set the default line spacing after a paragraph
The default line spacing after a paragraph in a newsletter I am putting together is defaulted to 9 pt. Right now I have to change the spacing in each individual text box I create. I would like to change the default to 0 pt as the default for the entire newsletter? Thanks to all who take the time to answer my question! "S" <s> wrote in message news:4smdneD4v8pSd-7UnZ2dnUVZ_vadnZ2d@giganews.com... > The default line spacing after a paragraph in a newsletter > I am putting together is defaulted to 9 pt. > > Right now I have to change the spacing in each indiv...

Title: Percent Free Disk Space
Hello all I want to exclude one hard drive from these alerts. It's managed by backup software including free space and the alterts are just getting in the way. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to acheive this please? SBS 2008 Physical. Thanks Andrew Wow - I couldn't find an answer anywhere else and no response here so I guess I'll just have to conclude it's not possible. "wormscoffer" wrote: > Hello all > > I want to exclude one hard drive from these alerts. It's managed by backup > software including free space...

stock split incomplete due to lack of disk space
When trying to record a reverse stock split (1 to 5), I get "The stock split could not be completed due to lack of disk space". I have 29 GB free. Any ideas of what is wrong? I tried recording a sale of some shares to eliminate fractional shares but that did not seem to make a difference. ...

double double-click
Hi everyone. Recenlty upgraded all workstations at a client site from Office 2003 to 2007. Some users report that a shortcut to a spreadsheet on their desktop for example requires 2 double-clicks to open. The first double click opens Excel, the second double click opens the spreadsheet in Excel. Very odd. I have checked file associations and all seems OK. Has anyone come across this before or have a solution? TIA Andrew Try activating one on the Excel add-ins, Solver for instance. Andrew Zenz wrote: > Hi everyone. > > Recenlty upgraded all...

Blank space
I have big database of customers and have blank space beoire the customer name start. How can i remove it in bunch? Dinesh On Mar 1, 6:08=A0pm, Dinesh <Din...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have big database of customers and have blank space beoire the customer > name start. =A0How can i remove it in bunch? > > Dinesh Save your workbook. Use the function palette to enter the TRIM function in a column to the right of the names. Enter the cell reference of the name. Drag the function down the length of the list of names. Copy all of the resulting ...

Double Buffering in Dialogs
I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while resizing. Does any one know how to do this. Any code will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Wasif Ali Wasif Ali wrote: > I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while > resizing. > Does any one know how to do this. > Any code will be appreciated. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wasif Ali What's in the dialog that makes it flicker? The dialog has an ActiveX control and the ActiveX control has many Botmap Buttons on it. Wasif Ali "Minus" <pakosan@ya...

Double Filtering in Excel 2007
Greetings. I am using Excel 2007, and I have a question about filtering in Excel 2007, but I can't find an answer in the help file. If in Col. B I filter a certain cell in a row I get a very handy list. If I then (maintaining the same filter) filter another cell in a row in Col. C I get another handy list (smaller than the first filtered list, of course). Let's say I want to switch back to the first filter, kind of backtracking. I found that when I release the second (sub-)filter, both filters are removed (the same thing happens in Access). Is there an easy way to backtrack...

Line Spacing
I've noticed that in every single paragraph in my 6-page document, the line spacing seems to change on every last line of every paragraph. If the line is continued with another sentence, that line shifts upwards and the next line is then spaced improperly. How do I control this behavior, or is it a bug I just have to live with? -- BJSmithCO Englewood, Colorado >-----Original Message----- >I've noticed that in every single paragraph in my 6-page document, the line >spacing seems to change on every last line of every paragraph. If the line >is continued with anoth...

Double lines
Hi. Can't bare double lines when writing an email. Can anyone please tell me how to go to single lines when using HTML format. Thank you To change to Single line spacing for the selection, just press Ctrl+1. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Dingbat" <askingmany@questions> wrote in message news:3660B584-8A4E-4633-91B5-8F526F83BA6C@microsoft.com... > Hi. > Can't bare double lines when writing an email. > Can anyone please tell me how to go to single lines when using HTML format. > > Thank you ...

Line Spacing
I have an odd problem. On a few slides I change the line spacing, save the file, and when I open it the spacing is back to original spacing? It is not the spacing of the applied design template? I am using 2003 on XP SP3. I have copied the slide to another presentation and saved and it kept the line spacing. I have copied the slide to another presentation, clicked on the smart tab and selected keep original formatting, saved, and it reverted back to the original line spacing. This appears to be related to the design template? Why then would it not revert to the design templa...