dots appearing between all words in Word 2003

All of a sudden, dots are appearing between all words in Word 2003.
What have I done ???
--
Yvonne J

You have turned on Word's hidden formatting characters. Press the � button
or CTRL+SHIFT+8 to toggle the display.

If that doesn't work, it is possible that Word has corrupted its data key
where the formatting setting preferences are stored. Check Tools > Options >
View > Formatting marks and ensure that all the boxes are unchecked.

If the setting changes back then delete the Word data key in the registry
and allow Word to build a new one. Even this may not totally fix the issue
as Word 2003 particularly had a bad habit of randomly changing settings
stored in the data key. If the problem persists - see the automacros at the
end of http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm and insert the following
code segment as a permanent fix

With ActiveWindow.View
    .ShowTabs = False
    .ShowSpaces = False
    .ShowParagraphs = False
    .ShowHyphens = False
    .ShowHiddenText = False
    .ShowAll = False
End With

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Yvonne J" <YvonneJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, dots are appearing between all words in Word 2003.
> What have I done ???
> --
> Yvonne J

0
Graham

outlook .pst files appear empty
I have been trying to open, import, and even restore backup for a .pst file I made before reinstalling Windows on my computer. The import seems to work correctly but nothing changes. What is happening. I tried to install them on another computer running the same version of Outlook and the same thing. The file size is large enought to tell me something is there but........I don't know what to do. So if you open the files in Outlook using File | Open | Outlook Data File (command may vary if you're using an older version), you still get empty files in your Folder List? -- Jo...

normal.dot
Hi is there an equivalent to normal.dot in excel. Everytime I open a blank excel spreadsheet I get a macro warning but I cannot find any macros. Office/Excel 2003 and windows XP pro with SP2 Thanks Ron Risky but you could try Tools/Macro/Security and setting it to Low.. -- Special- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=747 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56113 See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html�NoMacros -- HTH Bob ...

Not plotting blank cells with formulas until number appears
If a formula is in the cell but is blank or equals "0", how do you get a chart not to plot until a number appears? You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(OR(B2="",B2=0),NA(),B2-A2) The chart will interpolate over the #N/A errors. To hide these errors, you can use conditional formatting. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors Excel Charts and Formulas wrote: > If a formula is in the cell but is blank or equals "0", how do you get a > chart not to plot until a number appears? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, ...

Exporting Excel data into Word doc w/o cell boxes
I am unable to export Excel data into Word without the boxes appearing. My co-worker is able to cut and paste into Word without the boxes. We believe we are both running Word 2000. Is there a setting I need to change or is my co-worked working in different version than me? Do the boxes in Word represent a table (like the cells in excel)? Maybe your coworker is Edit|Paste special|Unformatted Text??? You can tell the versions of excel and word by clicking on Help in the menubar. Then About Microsoft Word (or Excel). (Is there any chance that you're coworker did Table|Hide Gridl...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Moved to Word...

worksheet appearance
Hey, I create worksheets in VBA, then delete them again and create them again. One worksheet always stays in my workbook, but when I create such a new worksheet with add it appears the first in line. I want it to appear it after the worksheet stat is always visible. How can I solve this? From XL/VBA Help: > Add Method (Worksheets Collection) > > Creates a new worksheet. The new worksheet becomes the active sheet. Returns > a Worksheet object. > Syntax > expression.Add(Before, After, Count, Type) > expression Required. An expression that returns a Worksheets object....

Outlook 2003 does not delete emails off of server
I just installed Office 2003 and have learned that Outlook does not delete emails off of the Comcast server even after I have deleted them several times within Outlook. Go to Tools, Email Accounts, Change, More Settings, Advanced. Make sure that "Leave a copy of messages on the server" is NOT checked. <bob.howell@comcast.net> wrote in message news:084501c3a5c7$ff010e00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed Office 2003 and have learned that > Outlook does not delete emails off of the Comcast server > even after I have deleted them several times within > Outloo...

access 2003 to 2000
I have just spent 3 weeks creating a database in access 2003 only to find out that it should have been in 2000 because that is the version that is currently being used. (i feel very stupid) is there any way that i can convert my database down to 2000 without having to start all over again or will it run even (i havn't tried because i dont have 2000) -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Sure. There's a Convert on the Tools menu in A2003. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips...

Using Word to Print a Journal Report
I use Pocketjournal with Outlook 2002. I use Paocketjoural to track m work as I go through the day, jobs related to computer tech support. What I would like to do, infact 3 of us would, is to be able to tak the info from journal and bring it into a readable/printable report i Word. This can then be email to our boss. Any ideas of a quick and easy way to do this? Thanks for you help, this forum has been very useful in the past. Dere ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelF...

MS Word 2003 Saving
I have MS Word 2003 and am having troubling saving documents. The options of Save and Save As are visible, but when I click them nothing happens. Please advise. ...

Exchange 2003 from 5.5
Hello all, Here is the setup, (testing being done in lab). 2 Windows NT 4 servers, 1 Windows 2000 server hosting the Exchange 2000 installation. Windows NT Domain, PDC/BDC. First phase was to run in-place upgrade on the NT 4 Primary Domain Controller upgrading to Windows 2003. This completed fine, A.D. is installed and all user accounts are now present in the new AD forest. I want to move from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Is the ADC still called for in this procedure? All I have read mention configuring trusts between two domains and in ADC selecting Source/Destination. All that stu...

Add to contacts not enabled (outlook 2003)
On some clients are unable to copy a contact from their "Personal Address Book" to their "Contacts". The button/selection "Add to Contacts" is disabled. Thanks for any help possible. No versions of Outlook have used a PAB for over 7 years. Clarify what you mean. The only way to transfer Contacts from an old legacy PAB file would be to import them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <pcauwe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eDjlQ3bIGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > On some clients are unable to copy a contact from their "Persona...

Rules in a 2003 environment
I've recently imported mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 environment to an Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 Server type environment with Outlook 2003 as the client. This included the rules that users had to organise mails. The rules have never worked. Any time you make a new rule it comes up with an error message "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange Server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all of your rules." I know it isn't insufficient space because I ...

THe Black Dot?
What does the block dot on the envelope icon mean when I post a ne thread?? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Word freezing 02-13-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can use everything in Word except the drawing toolbar. Every time I try to open it I get the colour wheel and have to force quit. It has only started recently, it used to work perfectly. I have always installed Microsoft and Mac updates as they become availble. I also tried to reset the drawing toolbar but it froze then too! Any clues besides re-installing? It's OK.I found out about the com.microsoft.Word.plist thing and did that and it worked. Magic! ...

Daylight Savings and my Outlook 2003 calendar
Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they last for 2 days instead of 1. Thank you in advance, Tony In Outlook, go to Tools/options/Preference/Calendar Options/Time Zone. Make sure that the correct time zone is set up and that day light savings time is checked. >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All >of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they >la...

Font issues between Word and Outlook
Why is it that when I type in a black font in Word and copy-paste onto Outlook, it comes out virtually invisible? I think it is a yellow font; I always have to select and select the black font inside Outlook ...

EMAIL from Distribution List- Outlook 2003
I have a large database of contacts that has not been assigned categories. I can use FIND to create a contact list of customers that I want to email the same message. How can I create a Distribution List of only the selected contacts from the FIND? And then, how do I send the email to each of the contacts in the list? Or, is there a better way to do the bulk email using Outlook 2003? Thanks in advance, Robert Ruland Robert Ruland <plant@bdrsystems.com> wrote: > I have a large database of contacts that has not been assigned > categories. I can use FIND to create a cont...

Outlook 2003 Headers Question
After a day with my filters I finally figured out how to make one of my three accounts challenge response but now I have a problem I cannot seem to resolve. I want to be able to configure Outlook 2003 to show me the full email headers as it downloads. Can this be done or do I have to take the Options path each time?\ Thank you kindly -- Peter Peter Clifford <newzgroups@despammed.com> wrote: > I want to be able to configure Outlook 2003 to show > me the full email headers as it downloads. Can this be done or do I > have to take the Options path each time?\ The latter. Ou...

Letters not appearing
I type caption under pictures. Now only some of the letters or no letters appear, no matter how hard I hit the key board. The missing letters do not print out. Any thoughts? ...

Word 2000 as Email Editor for Outlook 2002
I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 software and I am trying to use Word 2000 as my email editor but under options it does not allow me to select Word as the email editor. Is there a patch to make this work? Tools>Options>Mail Format Check "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" -- Carol Haynes Reply address is set to vaporize - don't expect a reply! "alecshawp@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1287701c3f703$2bc63b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 software and I am > tryin...

Installazione CRM 3.0 Ita for SBS su SBS 2003 Eng
Salve, avrei la necessit=E0 di installare su Small Business Server in inglese la versione del CRM 3.0 per SBS in italiano. Vorrei sapere se ci sono problemi di funzionamento considerando la diversa versione del linguaggio. Grazie ...

Outlook 2003 wont open
To begin with I was part of the Beta and had thought that this problem was because of the closing date November 30 for the testing. One day (and I dont remember the date) I went to open Outlook and it would begin to open, then shut down and this message would come up: Microsoft Office Outlook (there is then on the next line a red circle with a white "X") Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. Ok, I think I have read anything I could trying to find out if anything was wrote up on this issue. I hav...

Select Receipent
I need Help When I click the 'select Receipent' button, the contact list took almost 1min to appear, anyone knows what is the reason. Tks Philip There are some suggested fixes for Windows Mail sluggishness: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/72674-windows-mail-slow.html --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Philip" <Philip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:F437B224-D895-4E5A-A7E2-162639CB6990@microsoft.com... >I need Help >=20 > When I click the &...