Document won't print using show/hide parargraph marks. Blocked?

When I click on the Show/Hide button on paragraph section above the document,
it shows my entire page to print with the marks.  When I click on it again to
Hide the symbols, almost the entire page disappears, and it won't print what
I want it to show.  What did I do wrong?

Maybe almost your entire page somehow got formatted as Hidden text?

With Show/Hide turned off, select the whole document (Ctrl-A) and
press Ctrl-Shift-H (once or twice). If your text reappears, then that
was your problem.

On Feb 20, 12:39=A0pm, Sadiemitzi <Sadiemi...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> When I click on the Show/Hide button on paragraph section above the docum=
ent,
> it shows my entire page to print with the marks. =A0When I click on it ag=
ain to
> Hide the symbols, almost the entire page disappears, and it won't print w=
hat
> I want it to show. =A0What did I do wrong?

0
Peter
2/20/2010 6:12:40 PM
If you are saying that text disappears when you hide nonprinting marks, the
text could have been inadvertently formatted as hidden; see also
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm. If that's not it,
you may want to treat the document as corrupt (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sadiemitzi" <Sadiemitzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on the Show/Hide button on paragraph section above the
> document,
> it shows my entire page to print with the marks.  When I click on it again
> Hide the symbols, almost the entire page disappears, and it won't print
> what
> I want it to show.  What did I do wrong?

0
Stefan

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

how do I print the Bcc information?
Hi, I've sent an email to many people using Bcc function. Then I want to print out who did I sent to as a record, but when I print out the message, it just didn't print the bcc receipient, does anyone know how to print this? Thanks Adrian On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:36:50 +1000, "Adrian" <a@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >I've sent an email to many people using Bcc function. Then I want to print >out who did I sent to as a record, but when I print out the message, it just >didn't print the bcc receipient, does anyone know how to print this? Thanks > As ...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Using fCreateShellLink in VB6?
I used fCreateShellLink with vb5stkit.DLL successfully and reliably under VB5, but I can't make it work with vb6stkit.DLL. fCreateShellLink has two additional arguments with vb6stkit.DLL -- fPrivate & sParent. I haven't found an explanation of what these arguments are. I thought I'd found an example of how to use the function here http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=43. But, he simply says set the arguments equal to True and gsPROGMENUKEY. True may work (though won't what it's doing), but what is gsPROGMENUKEY? It has to be a variable which he does no...

use workflow when a field Changes
How can I send a mail message to the Owner when a date field changes , by the use of the workflows. Workflow will not fire on typical "update" events. You can use a callout to do this though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C43AD67E-40BB-4AFF-A9FD-ADF67B6AB249@microsoft.com... How can I send a mail message to the Owner when a date field changes , by the use of the workflows. How can I use callout, please explain little more. Irshard "Matt Parks" wrote: > Workflow wi...

Locking out printing
Hi all, Is it at all possible to lock out printing on a sheet until a particular cell is entered/check box clicked. I know you can remove certain buttons/toolbars but someone could still press ctrl-p to print the sheet, I'm looking to lock it out entirely. Many thanks for any help. Colin. -- Remove the 'old' to reply to me. If the one cell was on a separate workbook....excel will not print an empty workbook. "Col" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it at all possible to lock out printing on a sheet until a particular > cell is entered/check box clicked. >...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

Print a selction in publisher 2003
Hi, Im wondering if it is possible to print "selection" like you can in Microsoft Word or in interent explorer when you go to File> Print (you sometimes are allowed to print selection.) -- Outlook 2003 (SP2) Windows XP (SP2) No, but you can copy a selection, paste it to a new instance of Publisher and then print. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F54E1DB-C78A-4BAE-B589-98DC8BDA4D69@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Im...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

setting a password on acess db and using ADO
Hi, I have a program using ADO with access db. Is it possible to add a password to the access database, so that only the program can modify the access database, thanks, Behzad why use ADO. Why not Ms Access ActiveX Exe ???? :) "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:OVHmk6ueFHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a program using ADO with access db. Is it possible to add a password > to the access database, so that only the program can modify the access > database, > > thanks, > Behzad > > "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in messag...

jpg shows red x
I created a "Logos" folder under Shared Documents and put a bunch of jpgs in there. All but one of them show fine - the one that doesn't just shows a red X when I click on it. I checked the permissions and all of the jpgs have the same permissions. What could be different about this one jpg? When I download the jpg to my desktop I'm able to view it fine. It's only when it's in this Logos folder. Thanks, David EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Silverlight to WCF Service Object Encryption http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

cannot delete record using db.execute
Hi, I'm trying to delete a record programatically, this is the code; Dim db As DAO.Database 'Dim QD As QueryDef 'Dim where As Variant Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb() Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = "DELETE * FROM tblQuoteDescription where QuoteID =" & intQuote & " and CustomerID =" & Forms!frmMain.CustomerID & ";" db.Execute strSQL db.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError Debug.Print db.RecordsAffected Debug.Print strSQL The records exists but the rowsaffected is returned as 0 the SQL statement is as follows; DELET...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Move pages from document to document?

Scatter graph, how do I show overlapping points?
I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KieranMoran <KieranMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show >them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. a) "Jittering", which is the name for putting a small random variation in the data to break up the exact values. Obviously you want it to be as small as possible while still exposing t...

Using MFC ActiveX control in ASP
I'm using VS.Net 2003 to create a very simple ActiveX control in MFC. The control has no ui and just a few properties and methods. What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? Currently any time I try to set a property on my control {after calling 'Set obj = Server.CreateObject(...)'} I get this error: Error Type: (0x8000FFFF) Catastrophic failure I can successfully use my control from a C# Winforms app. What am I missing? -Brett- > What do I need to do to make it work in a classic ASP page? It needs a standard COM and/or an IDispatch interface. Does i...

print single envelope with contacts name and address
how do i print one envelope with a select contacts name and address from my outlook contacts? also, - how do i back up my contacts in outlook? - how do i import data from my palm address book into outlook? - when i go to my email address book, the names are listed in alphabetical order according to FIRST name not last. why? how do i change this? ...

Forced print margin
Excel, Word, etc. seem to be forcing a 0.46" bottom margin when I print a document, even though I may set a different margin (like 0.25" for instance). I have discussed this with my computer manufacturer and "they" say it is a Windows issue. Any thoughts? Pete I would have thought that it was more of a printer problem. ..25" seems a bit low as the printer will probably lose grip at the bottom of the page. See the documentation for your printer and consider fit to Page in printer Set Up. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Excel, Word, etc. seem ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...