Document scrolling in Word 2007

I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are
using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would
be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat)

--
Jon Morgan of Paraphrase

If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the
Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the
middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start
to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes --
and anything more than the least possible speed will be too fast to read.
Dragging the mouse cursor upward from its starting point scrolls toward the
top.

Click the wheel again or press Esc to stop the scrolling mode.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jon Morgan Paraphrase wrote:
> I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when
> you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one
> document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do
> it on Acrobat)

0
Jay
1/18/2010 5:43:35 PM
Hey -- it works in Google Groups too! Is that a Windows thing rather
than a Word thing?

On Jan 18, 12:43=A0pm, "Jay Freedman" <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
> If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the
> Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in t=
he
> middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will star=
> to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes --=
 =A0
> and anything more than the least possible speed will be too fast to read.
> Dragging the mouse cursor upward from its starting point scrolls toward t=
he
> top.
>
> Click the wheel again or press Esc to stop the scrolling mode.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup=
 so
> all may benefit.
>

> Jon Morgan Paraphrase wrote:
> > I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when
> > you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one
> > document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do
> > it on Acrobat)-
0
Peter
1/18/2010 7:19:41 PM
Yes, it's a Windows thing -- or, more properly, a feature of certain mouse
drivers.

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
> Hey -- it works in Google Groups too! Is that a Windows thing rather
> than a Word thing?
>
> On Jan 18, 12:43 pm, "Jay Freedman" <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it
>> on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads
>> with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and
>> the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the
>> faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least
>> possible speed will be too fast to read. Dragging the mouse cursor
>> upward from its starting point scrolls toward the top.
>>
>> Click the wheel again or press Esc to stop the scrolling mode.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>

>> Jon Morgan Paraphrase wrote:
>>> I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when
>>> you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one
>>> document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can
>>> do it on Acrobat)-

0
Jay

Access 2007 UI QAT
I'm trying to control the order (left to right) of the buttons on my QAT. Interestingly, they do not appear in the order of the XML commands. Any Suggestions? Thanks, Fred Here's my code in USysRibbons: <mso:customUI xmlns:mso="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <mso:ribbon startFromScratch="true" > <mso:qat> <mso:sharedControls> <mso:control idQ="mso:FilePrintPreview" visible="true"/> <mso:control idQ="mso:PrintPreviewClose" visible="true"/> ...

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Powerpoint Viewer 2007
How can I get rid of the black, Esc to Exit screen in Viewer 2007. I need to run this from a kiosk, and don't want people to have to hit Esc. It works fine within PPT, as I have clicked to turn the black screen off. I would think Viewer would use the settings within the slideshow. Fran Turning off the black screen only works on your PC, it won't follow the presentation even in the full program. In Kiosk mode you shouldn't ever see the black screen AFAIK so it may work fine anyway. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www....

MS Word 2003 on XP Pro SP3
Problem Description: For the last couple of days Word has not been acting properly. So yesterday morning I ran update and was notified that this is not a genuine version, which is totally incorrect as I know I purchased Office 2003 Standard and I have the CDs. I decided to "activate" Word and received a message that it has already been activated. Now when I go to Help, Check for Updates, I am taken to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx, and am no longer taken directly to the page where my system is checked for updates automatically (as was in...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

outlook 2007 and BCM and SQL Express
outlook 2007 and Business Contact Manager with SQL Express Hello *.*, I have a question regarding BCM and SQL express configuration I am using the SQL Server Configuration Manager I have a single PC with XP Pro and its JUST ME.. I have a question regading the Log on log on as... right now I have the current user which is me and I do have admin rights, and if I should ENABLE = SQL browser and TCP and NAME PIPES. I just enabled SQL browse and my system seems allot faster on reboot. there is an error though in event viewer saying something about tcp thank you! Gold Coaster ...

Word wrap (or several lines) in Tasks
Hello everybody, I have Office and Outlook 2007. This should be pretty simple, but I cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated! In Tasks, I created a custom view based on "View by Category", and I only have 2 fields - Subject and Due Date. So basically I have a table with 2 columns and a bunch of rows. My problem is that in Subject field of quite many tasks the description is very long and the table cuts it off depending on the width of the column. I want it to word wrap, just like it can be done in Excel, and have 2 lines per task if the Subject is long and 1 line is the S...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

Money 2007 and MSN Money
I just upgraded from ms money 2004 deluxe to 2007 deluxe and am having a heck of a time trying to sync my 2007 file to MSN money portfolio. I sign in to ms money 2007 using a hotmail address but CANNOT find anywhere how to sync the 2007 file to MSN portfolio manager. I'm only interested in sync'ing brokerage accounts. Thanks in advance for suggestions/help. Fitz In microsoft.public.money, ---Fitz--- wrote: >I just upgraded from ms money 2004 deluxe to 2007 deluxe and am having a >heck of a time trying to sync my 2007 file to MSN money portfolio. I sign >in to m...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

Start up Exchange 2007
We are planning to create a new Exchange 2007 Server some information would like to know: 1. Exchange 2007 is 64 bit, it should install in Windows Server 2003 R2 X64 Standard or any X64 version 2003 Server? 2. If the other server is x64 could it join the AD as Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition? 3. If the AD Server is Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition is fine for Exchange 2007 install? Thanks Responses inline. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "KL" <KL@dis...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Which alternative email clients work well with Outlook 2007?
Hi. I have just installed Office 2007 in preparation for my new small business which I start next month. I intend to use Outlook for what it was designed for, a PIM, BUT I *hate* outlook express and don't want to use it for email. Until now I have always used Pegasus Mail. I'm trying Thunderbird at the moment but there are other clients such as Eudora, the Bat. Incredimail, Mail Warrior, Mulberry... the list goes on. I want a simple email client that is easy to use for the less PC literate person, [1] but that will be able to use the outlook adress book. Is that possible? To sav...

Move pages from document to document?

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

Outlook 2007 issues
I have installed Office 2007. While in Outlook in some email I have a red bar that keeps going from left to right and the top of the email. I also keep geeting an error that says: "Outlook could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable." Anytime I try to open an email this message comes up. This message also comes up when I try to open word. Now I had Office 2003 installed before and it was running fine. Is this a known issue? I could not locate it on MS web-site. How can I fix this? Thanks, CEV CEV <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote: > I have ins...

How to change document template
How it is possible to change internal documentation template for "reports" in UML software section??? I want to add there me own template ...

Is Outlook 2007 dependent on Outlook Express
Hello, I've been using my computer for months with no problems (and the email client I use is Outlook 2007 - not Express). Recently, though, Outlook Express has reared its ugly head - constantly giving me a dialog box asking me if I want to back up old email items. I don't understand where this comes from, since I haven't been using this application and this behavior is something that seems to have started out of the blue, on its own. I've run virus and antispyware scans (from like 3 different programs for it) and come up clean. The best option I can see is ju...

scanning handwriten document into editable digital document
Just like voicve recognition software that converts voice text into editable digital document, searching for software that will do some akin, but instead of being voice data its handwritten document to be scanned into editable text document. Juan E. Jimenez itsi@prtc.net San Juan, Puerto Rico ...