delete document history list

When you open word, there is a recent document list that appears - how do I
delete items from it

If you want to delete them all then set tools > options > general > recently
used files to 0, confirm the change, then change it back to the number it
was previously.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm

If you want to selectively delete, then it gets altogether more complicated,
but friend and fellow MVP Greg Maxey has done all the work - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"SusanBranson" <SusanBranson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you open word, there is a recent document list that appears - how do
> delete items from it

0
Graham

Deleted Items Retention on Mailbox Store
We have Exchange Server 2003 and have set the Limits under Deletion Settings to keep deleted items for 30 days, but the items are not being deleted. I found under our Server Properties in System Manager, the Mailbox Management Process, but it was set to Never run. Will running this process delete the items older than 30 days, or is it necessary to do something else to have these items be automatically deleted? Thanks, Deleted Items Retention simply means that once you have emptied your Deleted Items Folder, those items are not purged from the database for 30 days. DIR does _not_ manage ...

Incoming email immediately deleted
Hi, E2K SP3 Outlook 2003 Incoming emails for only one user disappear from the inbox after a few seconds. It is probably more of a Outlook problem as it doesn't happen unless Outlook is running - doesn't matter on what workstation. Rules are turned off but none delete emails anyway. What is the fix? Thanks, Peter 99% probability that the user either has a rule set up to move/delete the mail or a SPAM filter working (built-in or 3rd party like Qurb)... -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Peter Kaufman" <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:hjm5h1hakod3tl8s8tpt...

Can't delete messages using keyboard (Delete key)
Hi, I have Outlook Express 2002 (version details below) and just recently noticed that I cannot deleted a highlighted message in any folders using the delete key on my keyboard. Since I was able to delete messages using the delete key previously, I suspect I changed one of the Outlook setup options, but cannot find which option, if any, that is causing this problem. Any information regarding how this might be caused in Outlook is appreciated. Thanks, RP There is no such beast as Outlook Express 2002. It is either Outlook2002, or Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x. Look under Help->...

member initialization list
I'm trying to initialize a member (defined in a class) while constructor is running but compiler complains for "=". Can you advise me on this please? how can I assing the Num to m_Num ? CChild::CChild( int Num, CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CChild::IDD, pParent), m_Num = Num <==== here { //{{AFX_DATA_INIT(CChild) // NOTE: the ClassWizard will add member initialization here //}}AFX_DATA_INIT } regards, Thanks I got it! it should have a syntax as m_Num(Num) regards, "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eFq5P1GuEHA.135...

Find latest date from list and corresponding info
Hi, I have a list like the below and am trying to: A) Find most recent date of each color group (ColC) B) Then, from that date, find corresponding number code (ColA) ColA ColB ColC 1001 9/1/10 Red 1002 4/1/05 Red 1003 8/1/09 Blue 1004 9/1/08 Blue 1005 1/1/10 Blue Thanks for your help! Try these... Data in the range A2:C6 E2 = Red Formula in F2 array entered** for the max date: =MAX(IF(C2:C6=E2,B2:B6)) Formula in G2 array entered** for the code: =INDEX(A2:A6,MATCH(1,IF(C2:C6=E2,IF(B2:B6=F2,1)),0)) ** array formulas need to be entered using t...

recycle bin deletes files after approx. 20 min..why?
files do not stay in recycle bin! I have increase drives C & D to 80%...no effect. Help/suggestions appreciated...tks Allan & Sandy wrote: > files do not stay in recycle bin! > I have increase drives C & D to 80%...no effect. > Help/suggestions appreciated...tks Quick questions: - Windows XP ______ Edition with Service Pack _, __-bit? - What antivirus solution do you utilize? - If you have some suite handling this (*sigh*) what suite and does it modify the recycle bin? - What antimalware software do/have you ran in the past? (No, McAfee an...

Exchange server not blocking mail from IP ranges in deny list
I have blocked several IP ranges which are somehow still able to send mail to my network. Exhange Management Console: Global Settings>Message Delivery>Connection Filtering>Deny IP addresses denied 219.0.0.0 > 219.255.255.255 This is Asia Pacific Network, one of the largest spammers around, and I have been unsuccessful in blocking with exchange 2003 features. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you have backup MX servers configured? If so, then you can block the sender's IP's all you want. The backups will resend you the messages from APNIC anyway. "...

create list of duplicate data
Hello, I have two columns of data that have duplicates across the columns. I have found many articles on how to remove duplicate data, but how would I create a column that includes only data that is duplicated across the two columns? One simple formulas tinker .. Assume your 2 source data cols are cols A and B, data in row1 down In C1: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A1)>0,ROW(),"") In D1: =IF(ROWS($1:1)>COUNT(C:C),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL(C:C,ROWS($1:1)))) Copy C1:D1 down to the last row of data in col A. Minimize/hide col C. Col D returns the desired results, neatly packed at the top...

Delete Blank Rows #2
Anyone have a macro or suggestion on how to delete all blank rows in an spreadsheet? When you sort, all the blanks will go to the bottom. Hi Bill, This is a very commonly asked question. You can find several solutions in the Google archives. http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel Here is one solution posted on Jan 1/2000. Regards, Kevin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This deletes any row that has a blank cell in column A. This should work for you if that condition means the row is blank. Blank, of course, means the cell is empty. With a text file, there could be spaces in the c...

how to script adding a distribution list
Do anyone have a script where i can make a new Distribution List in my Outlook contact using a text, or CSV file? ...

cannot delete message from Drafts folder
I have a user who is running Outlook XP and is trying to delete a message from their Drafts folder. When he tries it, he receives the error message: Unknown Error. I'm not able to find anything about this in the knowledgebase, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Documentation of Windows 2003 Services
Is there any documentation that lists each of the standard Windows 2003 services, and then says more or less clearly what standard Microsoft applications rely on that service and whether it is safe to disable? There are many of the standard services that have names that would never suggest local applications rely on the service, yet many do. -- W Service overview and network port requirements for the Windows Server system http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832017 -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professio...

Picking from a list randomly
I have a list of 60 names that are in surname order. Many surnames are the same (ie Smith Brian, Smith Alan, Brown John, Brown Peter etc..) How can I randomly choose from the list, 6 groups of 10 people but making sure there are no duplicates in each group? Thanks in Advance Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/random.htm to create unique random numbers (for example in a helper column) and then sort your data with this helper column to structure your groups >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of 60 names that are in surname order. Many >surnames ar...

Excell 2000 show all lists
Hey i want to show all the lists present in my workbook i've seen it done but i have no clue where to find the menu to show and edit and remove names for lists. let me know if you have an idea where i can find this. Regards, Alexandre Resolved I was looking for a list of names ...

How do I change a repeating word in a document to something else?
I am a writer. I need to change the name of a character and it appears dozens of times in my manuscript. To change it manually will be very laborious. Is there a way to change the name once and have it change all othe other places it occurs in the text? On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:35:01 -0800, Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am a writer. I need to change the name of a character and it appears dozens >of times in my manuscript. To change it manually will be very laborious. Is >there a way to change the name once and have it change all othe other pla...

Global Address List Dialog Focus
I am attempting to use the Outlook 2007 Address Book Dialog to allow users to use a familiar interface to select email recepients. it always displays the dialog minumized behind outlook, or the application, so the user would not know the dialog is displayed unless they click on outlook in the bottom status bar. I have attempted to use the AppActivate function to force outlook as having the focus. I also searchered outlook develpment fourms and documentation, I am developing with VS 2008 on a XP SP3 machine Any Help is Appreciated Here is my Code used on a button_clic...

Custom entity not appearing in workflow list
One of our custom entities is not showing in the list for creating workflows. I've read that the entity owner needs to be changed to a user, but there is no ownerid attribute present for this entity. Is there a way around this? Do we have to create a new owneris attribute? Thanks, Hi, Only User owned entities appear in workflow. Open your custom entity window. Customization -> Customize Entities -> Your custom entity Check the "Ownership" field. Is it showing "User" or "Organization". You cannot changed it once entity created. If you need to c...

SOP Invoice unposted, Document number already Exists
I have some SOP Invoices that when searching them in document inquiry they show as unposted, but when I try to open one in the SOP Transactions windows it says that the document number already exists? What is happening here and how can I fix it. GP 7.5 SQL 2000 I must have looked all day long on the knowledge base and couldn't find anything. You probably saved the transactions which would leave them in a work table. This then locks all future use of the document number so duplicate reords are not created. >-----Original Message----- >I have some SOP Invoices that when search...

CComboBox, dropdown list height
Hello, How to set drop-down list height in combobox ? I've Visual Studio 7.1. In a previous version (6.0) It was easy. Regards, Pawe� Burdzy I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for. The following site has some code that might help. http://www.mulveyfamily.com/~katy/VisualC/Code/cbresize.html "Pawe� Burdzy" <pb-dream@o2.pl> wrote in message news:cic685$pp6$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello, > > How to set drop-down list height in combobox ? > I've Visual Studio 7.1. In a previous version (6.0) It was easy. > > Regards, ...

Can I control what the recipient sees in a distribution list email
I'll need to restate the question, since I'm unsure of the terminology - actually it's a two-part question. Here goes. Part 1) Say I have one hundred people in a distribution list, that I want to send a boiler-plate email to. For confidentiality purposes, I don't want one person knowing who the other persons are. Can I set the email transmission to show (at the recipient's end) only the recipients email address and name (and noone else's). Part 2) if the answer is yes, then can I customize each email to show the person's name (in the same fashion as I ...

Formatting paragraphs in Word 2007 Multilevel lists
I'm using Word 2007, SP2. Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a 6pt space before and after each paragraph. When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the inter-paragraph spacing disappears. I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not available to edit. How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing? Thank you for any suggestions you can offer. Larry Modify the List Paragraph style, clearing the check box fo...

Deleting every-other row in a spread sheet
I have a spreadsheet in excell that contains info imported from word. As a result every-other row is blank. I would like to erase these empty rows so if anyone knows how to go about this it would be gratefully appreciated!! Thanks in advance Steve Smintey, If you a familiar with VBA, you can delete the rows via code. For example, this procedure deletes rows with empty cells in column A: Sub DeleteRows() Dim lLastRow As Long Dim Rng As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Rows(1).Insert Range("A1").Value = "Temp" With ActiveSheet ....

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

cant delete out look
i want out look off my computer it is so annoying everytime i click go to my mail box in msn i opens out look and spends like 30 minutes to to connect to a non existent smtp server. but...... when i try to delete all the files they instantly come back..... i think i should be able to delete the files off my own computer i should never be forced to keep any file if it does not need to be there and i think a program like outlook is not required... any one know how to keep it deleted ive tried cmd.exe Are you refering to Outlook or Outlook Express, entirely different apps. If OL you can remove f...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...