customising save as

In the past I did a customization of Save AS... and Open File dialog box by
adding a specific location to save or open a file. The problem is that I
forgot how to do it again!

Diego wrote:
> In the past I did a customization of Save AS... and Open File dialog
> box by adding a specific location to save or open a file. The problem
> is that I forgot how to do it again!

The answer depends very much on which version of Office and which version of
Windows you have.

For help with some rather old versions, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CstmzeWd2kOpenSaveDlgs.htm.

If that doesn't help you, please reply and tell us both the Office version
and the Windows version on your computer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay

NEED HELP-wrong formatting saved ??
After using word 2007 and saving a word file, it changed the formatting from the previous file (i think it was .wps microsoft works word processor) and now its all messed up.....I think I saved it in some other wrong encoding standard......now, whenever I open this file now half of it is in some weird looking unreadable characters....like this with wha捬屨捦ㅳ尠晡‰汜牴档晜獣‰歜牥楮杮尰扤档慜㍦㔱㔰楜獮獲摩㌱ㄳ〶‷਍灜牡素筽⩜灜獮捥癬ㅬ灜畮牣屭湰瑳牡ㅴ灜楮摮湥㝴〲灜桮湡⁧屻湰硴慴ges! That is what seems to happen once the system breaks its laws from the inside. ......couldnt find online solutions...does anyone have any suggestions or s...

Save Visio for import to Powerpoint
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup, but we use Visio to do our organizational charts. Unfortunately, our parent company insists on using powerpoint to do the main organizational chart (for the whole company) - so the assistants often end up duplicating the effort. Is there a way we can export a visio organizational chart for import in to Powerpoint, as an editable document? Many thanks. If you copy and paste the Visio org chart into PowerPoint you will still be able to edit it in powerpoint as long as the user has Visio on their machine. You just double-click ...

Customise the outlookbar
Hi. Is there any way to customize the outlookbar in a away that a user only can see the defaultfolders in his mailbox' Mariah MN <MN@nospam.com> wrote: > Hi. Is there any way to customize the outlookbar in a away that a > user only can see the defaultfolders in his mailbox' Put the folders you want in the Shortcuts (or Favorites) and use that view. You don't say what version of Outlook you use. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2000 Is it possible to lock down Outlook in any way? "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:uAOr$f7...

Saving documents to a specific location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Before my most recent hard disk crash, I used to get a good choice when saving documents. Now all I can choose is Mac HD. How do I expand that choice so I can navigate to where I want to save things? Click the 'Expand' button at the right of the Save As: file name box. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/30/10 11:31 AM, in article 59bb92a7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Geraldkimbo@officeformac.com" <Geraldkimbo@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Oper...

Outlook 2002 password won't save
I have a user that's on a Windows XP Home computer with Outlook 2002 installed. She is logged on under the "Power User" group. Her password does not get saved in outlook. Once the password is typed in manually it will work, but every time she sends/receive she has to type it in again. The same thing happens on exit and open of the program. I have already looked at knowledge base articles #281064, 281791 and 301475 which did not fix my problem. They also have all Office and Windows updates. Travis I had a simuliar problem. look at Knowledge Base Articlle 216382. It refers to ...

CImage::Save()
Hi. VC7 MFC I am reading and writing .jpg files using CImage::Save() but it is degrading the quality of the image because I don't know how to turn off or minimize the built-in compression. Does anyone know how? TIA Richard C I am not familiar with CImage but it sounds like a wrapper around GDI+ Image class? If so, the GDI+ Image::Save method allows you to specify a compression level (third parameter, a EncoderParameter object). http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdicpp/GDIPlus/usingGDIPlus/usingimageencodersanddecoders/settingjpegcompressionlevel.asp ...

saving a Publisher file as a .pdf
is there some way to save a newsletter made in Publisher as a .pdf file so we can send it over the internet? thank you. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from james <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > is there some way to save a newsletter made in Publisher as a .pdf > file so we can send it over the internet? Yes, there is. In fact, there are a number of ways. You can use Adobe's Acrobat software, from www.adobe.com, which costs a couple of hundred dollars Alternatively, you can use one of the cheaper alternative products, such as...

Opening/editing/saving excel file
I am using Access/Excel 2003 and I'm trying to open a file called Quad_Charts_Template.xls from my C drive, dump some data on one of the sheets, make a couple changes and save it with a specific name. This is the code I have to choose my record sorce: Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qry_Avg_Age_Trend_Source_Data") The worksheet is called "AAT_Raw_Data", which will always be the 1st sheet and I want to copy the data from rst onto the sheet starting at A1. I also want to bold the header row and set the auto filter as active. And finally I want to sav...

link of saved views
Hi, Is there a way to catch link of saved views. I create view (lost Opportunities) and I need to put it in workplace area using sitemap or isv.confg thanks, In CRM 4.0 it is available from the view's toolbar (Copy Shortcut/Send Shortcut menus). In CRM 3.0 you can use a tool like Fiddler (www.fiddlertool.com) to see what's requested. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The JavaScript Snippets Directory: http://www.stu...

Auto Save a worksheet
I need to set up my system to automatically save a sheet I am working on every 10 or so minutes. Recently spent an entire day on a sheet that was extremely large only to close the file and forgot to properly save it. Any help will be appreciated Russ Ragsdell Hi a repost from Dave Peterson: ------ Short descriptions: Autosave (an addin in xl versions before xl2002), the workbook gets saved at user selectable intervals (just like a manual save). (If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of autosave, it'll work with that version, too.) xl2002+ has a feature call...

Customising page numbers
How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a long document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numbering continuous across all three. -- L Greenwold Start your new document and use Insert|Section. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L Greenwold" <LGreenwold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A15B0626-3336-4459-8335-705BCF5AAC9E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a > long > document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numb...

Undo Save
My work was accidentally saved, is there a way to recover one of the previous versions. Hi if you don't have a backup copy no chance. sorry to say >-----Original Message----- >My work was accidentally saved, is there a way to recover >one of the previous versions. >. > ...

how do i save chart formats as default
I can make a presentation in minutes if only i could keep formatting on my charts and graphs. As it is, it takes me about 4 hours because i have to change fonts, colors, bars, etc... In Excel help there is a topic entitled: "Create, share, or delete your own chart types" Does that help? -- David Biddulph "jalooney" <jalooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22CD6557-6675-4A97-BE09-5D1DE3933927@microsoft.com... >I can make a presentation in minutes if only i could keep formatting on my > charts and graphs. As it is, it takes me about 4 hou...

Saving Emails #4
How do you save emails, if you know your computer is fixing to go kaput! Click on File, Export and create a .pst file copying all subdirectories. Save it to CD if possible and it can be imortered onto a new computer... BB >-----Original Message----- >How do you save emails, if you know your computer is >fixing to go kaput! >. > Better yet, if the original poster is already using a .PST file, he can copy the file to a safe location, then copy it to his new hard drive or computer and re-use it in Outlook there. No need to import and export, and in fact doing so can cause...

Saving timesheet times out
We are experiencing timeouts when users save their timesheets. This occurs mainly at the end of the week when people fill out their timesheets before they go home for the weekend. We have approximately 600 users. We are using BP 2.5 and GP8.5. Running SQL Profiler revealed an enormous amount of activity being generated for just one change in the timesheet - 890 lines to be exact. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way around it? Does the PDK timesheet do the same thing? -- Richard I have a client with response time problems in other areas. We have found also a...

customised output
col a col b col c john 2 john mary 3 john cathy 0 mary jones 4 mary mary jones jones jones jones col a and col b is my input.Is there any formula to get out put like col c.I fave a big list of col a and...

Saving .xls file as .exe. file
Anyway of saving a .xls file as a executable file. Have VBA code (i.e.PING)that needs to run for several hours and don't want to tie-up EXCEL for other use. Could run VBA code on separate PC, but then someone could start up another sheet and click the 'X' button stopping everything. TIA I don't believe there is any way to compile a VBA Macro. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Tom Rudski" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1172401c3f5c9$0693d890$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway...

Question about saving a layout
I like to zoom all documents I'm working on to 185% in Page View in Microsoft Word for Mac 2004. I'd like this to be the default view when I open any Word documents. How can I save this workspace so every document is opened at 185% zoom? Every time I save my document in this zoom, when I open it again its back to 122% zoom. I've looksed in prefs, but can find no settings. Thanks! Hello Michael, You should find that documents will re-open with the same zoom value you had when you closed them (and the same view, e.g. Page Layout view). To have blank new documents open at 185...

Unable to save or save
When I try to save I get an error saying can not save, unable to find idmxl8.xla ...

saving attachments #5
I have a PC running WinXP Prof., and Outlook XP. When I click on an email that has an attachment, open the attachment (let's say it was a Word document), then click file, save as in Word, it wants to save the file to some mystery folder in the following path: Documents and Settings, DANNT, Local Settings, Temporary Internet Files, OLK2. I can't find this OLK2 folder for the life of me! I've tried all the folder options and nothing seems to work. Tried searching, but came up empty. Any ideas? Thanks so much Why don't you save it to the hard drive first then open...

saving
i have some VB code that i am going to use so that when a user closes the spreadsheet it saves the original "book" and saves a copy "Book1" the next time it saves it will increment to "book2" but also save the original. i'm not sure if this is the right code to use or where to use it. i need to save any changes to a new version initially then each time it is opened and changes are carried out there is a backup copy made of the last version. Also if a backup copy is made the VB code isn't saved with it as that copy could be opened , change and saved...

Automatically saving file attachments
I am currently scheduled to receive an email every morning to my exchange mailbox that has a file extract attached to it. Does anyone know of any way (rules?) to have the attachment automatically saved to a specified UNC path? I know SMTP, this is not the most optimal way to transfer data but I'm looking for a quick workaround until our network FTP issues get ironed out. Thanks ...

save a file
hello: I want to help me how can i save my file when i use save as in particular destination. Meanwhile i dont need to type a destination several times. Thanks&Best Rrgards I take it you want a default folder to store all of your Publisher files. This is from Publisher 2000 so your version may be somewhat different. While in Publisher, select Tools, Options, General tab, now create your path in the "Files locations" box; use the Modify button. -- Don Vancouver, USA <arian491@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192537538.384403.67120@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com... ...

Problem saving embedded graphic
I'm using Outlook XP and this problem is driving me nuts. If graphic images, like animated gifs, are sent to me as embedded images rather than attachments, my only option for saving them is as a bmp. I don't use Word as the editor, I have the format set to HTML and I have searched on every keyword I can think of to find a resolution. It's not often that I get an embedded gif, but when I do, I need to be able to save it as an animated graphic not as a bmp. I really like Outlook but this problem really has me pulling my hair out. Any suggestions from the experts out ther...

Cannot save files to network drive with MS Office 2007
I recently upgraded MS Office 2003 Standard Edition to MS Office 2007 Professional Edition. When attempting to save new Word, Excel, or Powerpoint files to a network drive I get a message ' "drivename\foldername\filename" cannot be found. Check your spelling, or try a different path.' I can save new files to local drives, or I can retrieve existing files from network drives and save them back to the network drive under the existing name. I've triple checked path names, My Document path, the Save menu option, and Trust Center settings. Does anyone have ...