CTRL C & CTRL V doesnot work whereby I cannot copy and paste.

CTRL C & CTRL V doesnot work whereby I cannot copy and paste.

Are you saying that you can copy and paste by other means (for example via
right-click menus)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"binoy" <binoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> CTRL C & CTRL V doesnot work whereby I cannot copy and paste.

0
Stefan

Qry showing AutoNumber as A. B or C.
Hi; Using a Select Qry to display the ID Autonumber of an open Form. IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![txtCustomerID] Note: txtCustomerID is an Alias for CustomerID. When the Qry is run it shows the ID number as A, B or C. Although it shows as a number on the Frm. And it will continue to add Alpha letters if the User adds new records. Even tried adding a control with its source as Name: FedFromID Record Source=txtCustomerID and changing IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![FedFromID] Would someone be so kind to point me in the correct direction to correct this. Thank You for taking the ...

Cut & Paste
I'm trying to copy and paste a table of information from a web site into excel 2002. All is well except for the transaction numbers. The web site has a column for transaction numbers. this is an example of the trans number on website. 24610435075004026439747 This is what is pasted to Excel. 2.4610435075004E+22 and I lose significant digits. I've tried to format the cells in Excel before I paste and I've tried after the paste. I can expand the number but I only 0 after 24610435075004000000 ... I want to eventually get this into Access Excel is just a way to import data. Any ...

Table of Contens not working in Panther
I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS function using the “index and tables…” option on the “Insert” menu to work. I keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found. On 2/23/04 6:11 PM, in article 3A5F8892-758A-481D-A225-C00BBAECD7F6@microsoft.com, "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS > X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get th...

Why can't I copy text after sending file as email in Publisher
I selected a template from Microsoft's website and edited it. After sending it as an email (email sent as message), I am not able to highlight the text. I am sending this as a press release, and therefor need this function to able reporters to copy/paste the text. If I start my own design (and don't use a template) highlighting isn't a problem. Any ideas? When Publisher sends something as an email it changes the format. It basically turns it into a picture. I don't think I'd use Publisher for a press release (depending on your field). As much as I love Pub, I'd u...

getting a sumif statement to work across multiple files
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get a sumif statement to wor across different files. Currently I have three files, one for currency conversions, one fo items purchased for specific accounts, and third the cover shee listing balances for all the accounts. The cover sheet has a sumif statement linking once to the currenc conversion file and once to the items purchased file, for differen items. When I do this however, it gives me a '#VALUE' response. As soo as I open the file, it links properly, but once I close it the erro pops up. Also, if I combine the three spreadsheets ...

Simple question: Can I a lookup across multiple columns? (ie, if c and d = j and k)
Say I want to match a value from column a and column b with a value tha is somewhere in column j and column k, and if it does make the value o the selected cell the value in column l. Ex: A B C J K L 1 2 2 3 x 4 5 6 7 y 8 9 1 2 z In that example the lookup would give back the value of z for the firs c column entry and nothing for the others since 4 and 5, and, 8 and do not match up with any two columns in j and k -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Something like this might work for you: I put the table in A1:L3. I put 1 i...

My right click menu is not working.
I used to be able to right click with my mouse and get a menu that would allow me to copy, paste etc... I have lost that ability... How do I get it back... I know it is something simple... Try typing this in the VBE immediate window application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=true -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Right click mouse in excel to copy" <Right click mouse in excel to copy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F811C55-FD84-4747-9E9F-469D62C4E07A@microsoft.com... > I used to be able to right click wit...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

need funct to match data in 3 seperate spreadsheets column 1 to v.
I need to write a function in Excel to find matching data in 3 seperate spreadsheets, column 1 so that I can view and compare the corresponding data in column 5 of those 3 spreadsheets. I am hav9ing problems writing the function: first phase =VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A3:A1588,Sheet2!A:E,5,FALSE) Lucky; You're having problems with the Vlookup function because you are assigning the first argument (the lookup value) to a multi-cell range (ie: multiple values). How is XL suspose to lookup multiple value at once? If however, you assign a single cell range to the 1st argument (ie: Sheet1!A1), the...

Cannot get working password change functionality in OWA
I've got Password change button and set up SSL with SelfSSL tool from IIS 6.0 resource kit, tested SSL with SSL Diagnostic tool. SSL seems working: when I assigned it to complete Exchange web site it works fine https://testsrv/exchange But when I click on Change Password buttonI am getting: The page cannot be foun The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar o...

Anybody knows native group to discuss C++ fundas ?
Hi, anybody please know microsoft newsgroup to discuss C++ fundamentals and concepts ?? does ms have such kind of group to discuss c or c++ problems.. ?? -- --Jigar Mehta Software Developer +91 98258 69961 Microsoft.public.vc.language "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:enuTCpmVFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, anybody please know microsoft newsgroup to discuss C++ fundamentals and > concepts ?? does ms have such kind of group to discuss c or c++ problems.. > ?? > > > -- > --Jigar Mehta > Software Developer > ...

Problem copying named range
I have a named range on a Lookup sheet which I am trying to copy to a destination on the main sheet (Mobiles). The range named PlugIn occupied V4:Z4 on the Lookup sheet and has a border round the entire area (none internal). This is a region title and only has text in V4. Using the following bits of code to copy the range to V6 on the Mobiles sheet, I end up with the text in V6 as expected, but the border only surrounds V6, not V6:Z6. With Worksheets("Lookup") Set PlugIn = .Range("PlugIn") End With PlugIn.Copy (Worksheets("Mobiles").Ran...

Is it worthwhile to start learning and using C# and forms instead of C++ and MFC?
Now that I've learned to make C++ GUIs using MFC-dialogs and -Doc/View apps, is it worth my time to start using C# and formviews? The only argument I've heard from people (who btw do not know how to use MFC) is "but forms in c# are so much easier". Well, I don't think MFC is hard and can't imagine anything easier, especially when I can do things in MFC I have no idea about how to even get started with in c# forms. It's always a good idea to learn as much as possible. Microsoft is obviously pushing .NET and specifically C# (check out the options for C# in VS...

Works 9
When I was using XP I could past names into a data base, save them and then bring up Custom Labels and print the names I needed for my job. Now in windows 7 I can only print one label or name at a time. Each name I print I have to do a mail merge, new data base then print. Something is obviously wrong, but what? Please help. ...

Search Doesn't work in WMP12
Search has never works well in all Chinese windows media player series. For example if you search "party" in the player, the search results will include "Let's have a party". But if you search "party" in Chinese, it will only give you the results that starts with "party". So we are missing so so so many search results. The same thing happens on the layout of the library. It groups all the items with the same initials. For example all singer with initial "E" will include Eminem, Elvis. But in Chinese singers, it groups with th...

From Borland C++ 502 to Visual C++ 6
HI,I need help!!! I've the source code of a software written with Borland C++ 5.02 IDE. I want to port this code from Borland C++ 502 to Visual C++ 6. Is this possible?? Do you have any advice for me?? Thank's for All Jasp Jasp, I've done this by hand a long time ago, porting from Borland 5.x to MSVC++. And by hand is how I think you'll have to do it as well. A good way to start is to create an empty app, of the same type as the BC one (SDI, MDI or whatever), and add resources. Create dialog box classes, and go through each dialog box class in the original, map the sa...

fatal error c1189: MFC need c++ compiler.
fatal error c1189: when I compile a vc project, it show the error message: MFC need c++ compiler, please tell me the steps to solve this problem. I appreciate your help. -- jake I have never seen it. Sounds like something is not installed correctly. Does it work if you create a new simple wizard generated project? If not, you probably need a good install. If it does, then you have issue with your project. See this and do some googling on C1189: -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Jakein2006" <peng_xh@163.com> wrote in message news:6B4AECD1-C6FA-4CD6-8D76-5D7...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

Working with hours
Hi, I have two columns of hours in [h]:mm format. Column A1 is reading 148:00 and column B1 is reading 175:00. I have a formula that says B1-A1 giving me the correct answer 27:00. In the next row, I have the same formula but with the hours 148:00 in A2 and 140:00 in B2. I would like the answer to read -8:00. Is this possible? When I try it, I get a load of hashes. I've tried changing the formatting but nothing seems to work. Hope you can help, Thanks H You can't use negative time values in Excel unless you use the Mac's datesystem under tools>options>calculation and ...

Copy formulas #3
Hello, I have a forumla in a cell which I need to copy and paste to a variable number of cell directly below. Currently I have set up a little macro that copies and pastes the formulas to the 250 cells below. Unfortunatley I never know how many cells the forumla needs to be copied to. What I really want to check whether cell A1 contains data, if it does then pastes the forumala, then look at A2, if that contains data then paste the forumla and so on until the cell checked is empty. I know this is possible but don't know how to do it. Please help me. -- sgrech -----------------...

Junk Mail Filter seems not work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 installed, and turned on junk mail filter (Tools -> Options -> Preferences -> Jun Email -> High). It seems that this function never works on my machine. If I logon to another machine with my NT account inside same domain, Outlook 2003 on that machine works, and it moves some junk mails to "Junk-Email" folder, but it never happens on my local machine. What else do I need to configurate? I am lost. -- WWW: http://www.imagestation.com/members/hardywang ICQ: 3359839 yours Hardy Are you using Cached Exchange Mode on the machine where t...

wait cursor not working
Does anyone know of any issues with CWaitCursor and AfxBeginThread? If I begin a thread from a dialog's initinstance, and call CWaitCursor from within the MainFunc of the thread, the cursor does not change to an hourglass but remains an arrow. Has anyone has similar experiences? Jeremy. >Does anyone know of any issues with CWaitCursor and AfxBeginThread? > >If I begin a thread from a dialog's initinstance, and call CWaitCursor from >within the MainFunc of the thread, the cursor does not change to an >hourglass but remains an arrow. Jeremy, The cursor will only ch...

The right click on my mouse does not give me the option to paste
I am using Excel 2003. Yesterday I was able to copy and paste using the mouse buttons only. Today the menu that pops up after copying a cell does not give the paste option. I don't know what I did to turn off that option. Is it greyed out or doesn't it appear? If it's greyed out, that means excel doesn't see anything to paste. If it's gone, then maybe you can bring it back by: hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE where macros live) hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window) type this and hit enter: application.CommandBars("cell").Reset === But you could be "br...

Not receiving any inbound email, outbound works fine.
I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vista Home Premium, Office Pro 2007 and MS Outlook. Everything works but my inbound email. Comcast has tried to help and their messages get through and so do MS Outlook test messages, but nothing else. Have turned off anti-virus email scanning on both in and outbound emails. Firewall still running. Ports re-set to Comcast's specs. Still can't receive ANY inbound email from anyone else. JournalistJane <JournalistJane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vist...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...