Cross Reference Error

I have a Word 2003 document that contains cross references.  I've discovered
that sometimes when I print the document a random cross reference will give
the following error message:

Error!  Reference source not found.

Other times it prints just fine.  Any Thoughts?

When you get that error message, you need to delete and re-build the
cross-reference.

The information that is "read" by the cross-reference is stored in the
paragraph marker of the target paragraph. If, during your editing, you add or
delete paragraph markers or split a paragraph, you can lose the link. Then
the cross-reference can't find what it's looking for.

If this answers your question, it would be appreciated if you would click
the "Yes" button.

Thanks,

Jerry

"Richard" wrote:

> I have a Word 2003 document that contains cross references.  I've discovered
> that sometimes when I print the document a random cross reference will give
> the following error message:
>
> Error!  Reference source not found.
>
> Other times it prints just fine.  Any Thoughts?

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

References and Citations
I have microsoft home and student, and my Manage Sources, Style and Bibliography are all shaded grey and i cant use them! I have to work cite my paper due in two days but i cant insert a citation!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!! ...

error in sending e-mail
This is what I receive ever since I e-mailed to the wrong account. What can I do to get rid of this? I tried to copy and paste, but I just don't have any luck. Please help. Subject 'Forklift Operator/Picker', Account: Road Runner', Server: 'smtp-server.wi.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES', Port 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0X800CCC7D The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Road Runner', Server: 'pop-server.wi.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Ye...

How to stop build on first error?
Greetings, I'm currently using Visual Studio 2005 to build an MFC project. I would like for the build process to stop on the first error that it finds. At the moment it just continues when it finds an error. I've looked in the project options, but not able to find any setting that tells the compiler to stop on the first error it finds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shagy There is no such setting. Actually when I think about you probably don't want it to do that, because there have be numerous times where the first error didn't make any sense wit...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

Error File / Renaming
Hi I have a file located on a network that has various macro's and Formula's in it. The File has been working fine for the last 3 months. Suddenly, it has been re-named from 'Daily.xls' to 'Daily.xls~RF1a3b51f.TMP' Has anyone come across this before, and what generally causes it? Thanks in advance Paul Are you pvtpilot? copied from a post to him/her: There have been a few posts about excel creating .tmp files in the same folder as the workbook file. I've never seen excel do this by itself. (It may create some .tmp files in your Temp folder, though.) I...

Outlook Express Error #7
I'm getting an error that says, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:", showing that the attached files have been removed. Is this a problem with OE, or is this a setting on my firewall? Hi, This is just a virus protection setting in Outlook Express. Just go to Tools/Options then click the 'Security' tab and uncheck the 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus' checkbox. HTH Regards, Harvey Yancey [MSFT] harveyy@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Evalutation Software Error on Old data
Hello, When I attempt to open the manager connected to an old database (i.e. a copy from a backup months or years ago.), I get an error saying the evaluation copy of the software has expired, and the program shuts down. Using version 1.3.1011 Thanks, Greg Yep, The DB is older than 45 days and therefore will not let you access it. If you create a new DB you can use it. =========== "Greg Shepherd" <greg@frgusa.com> wrote in message news:%23sgkBF7VIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > When I attempt to open the manager connected to an old database (i.e. >...

Customer Cross Reference
2nd Request - Posted a few Months Ago, No Reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone out there used the Customer Part Number Cross Ref v8.0? I loaded a customer list the other day. When I entered the Customer Number on the Sales Order, it was instantly converted over to our number. Worked Great... I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically reference the original Customer Number on the Packing List and/Or Invoice or is that something that needs to be manually typed in. I tried adding notes, but I don't know if they carry down...

Exchange System Manager error ID c1033189
I'm am trying to run the Exchange System Manager remotely on a Windows 2000 Professional workstation for a Exchange 2003 server. I have installed the adminpak.msi and installed the Exchange Management Tools. When I try to add the Exchange System snap-in to the MMC, I get the message 'The domain controller %contoller name% was not validated because: The RPC server is unavailable'. The ID for the error is c1033189 and the Facility is Exchange System Manager. Does anyone know how to rectify this? Greg Kenny ...

CDataPathProperty fails for HTTPS url with error 0x800c008
I posted this once before, and never got a solution. Now it has become important for my company, so I'm reposting it. I'm trying to use MFC CDataPathProperty class to asynchronously download a file from a URL. This works fine for HTTP, but fails for HTTPS urls (ex. https://www.mysecureserver.com�/someurl.xxx). It seems that: _AfxBindStatusCallback::OnProg�ress is called a few times, then _AfxBindStatusCallback::OnStop�Binding is called with an error code of 0x800c008, which I found to mean "Cannot download the information you requested.". OnDataAvailable is NEVER called. ...

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

GP Utilities Error at Startup Version 9
We have Microsoft Dynamics 9 installed. When we run GP Utilities we get the following error: The stored procedure verifyVersionInformation() of form duSQLInstall Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 446, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. Thanks. This problem occurs if the collations and the sort orders of the DYNAMICS database and of the company database do not match the collations and the sort orders of the Microsoft SQL Server system databases. See below link for resolution: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVLXUZLWUKKQPOVRVWLZU...

Error of Type 1
Whenever I try to download a report from Quickbooks to Excel an error message pops up that says: The application Microsoft Excel has unexpectedly quit because of an error of type 1. Save work in another application and restart your computer. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks, Judy@maxamlabs.com Error of type 1 is the Mac OS 8/9 message for a memory violation. The most common cause is allocating too little memory to XL. With XL closed, select the application icon, and choose File/Get Info/Memory and increase the "preferred" memory allocation by 5MB or so, or at least 3 ...

Error Handling Where? When?
I'm now at the stage that I need to build in some error handling in my database. The question I have is say for example, I have a field that is required on a form. I have a Save button attached to the form. Should I check for the required field when the required field looses focus? or in the Before Update procedure? or in the Form_Save event? I tend to write a procedure that will scan the entire form and display a generic form listing all errors and warnings at once instead of doing one at a time. It that unnecessarily complicating the process? Thanks for your advic...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Error in loading DLL
I have a program that evolved for few months. Initialy, I had a form with some checkBoxes but by the time I ended up not using one of the checkBox therefore I deleted from the UserForm. Now, when I tried to delete this code or put ' sign: If chkRuby Then Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1849).Execute End If the Excel is giving me this error "Error in loading DLL" Is true that my code is not well organized and very long but... Thank you for any suggeston, idea!!! The first three things I would do are these: One, check your reference...

Recordset error
Private Sub SetForm_Click() Dim sqlGroup As String Dim i As Integer Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset Set cn = CurrentProject.Connection i = 1 sqlGroup = "SELECT tempJobTitles.Rank, tempJobTitles.txtJobTitle, tempJobTitles.FirstQuart" & _ " FROM tempJobTitles WHERE (((tempJobTitles.Rank)='" & i & "'));" rs.Open sqlGroup, cn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic I am getting the following error: Data Type Mismatch In Critera Expression The tempJobTitles.Rank is a long integer. I am guessing that it has to do with the i in the SQL, but I am not su...

Standard error and confidence limits
Is it possible to plot mean values as points and to add both standard errors and confidence limits in the chart? Hi, Here are some links on adding datum lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Charlie wrote: > Is it possible to plot mean values as points and to add both standard errors > and confidence limits in the chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info And here's information about custom error ba...

Remove workbook reference but keep worksheet references
Hi, I have 15 workbooks in which the same set of sheets appear (one named for every month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. plus a summary sheet.) On the summary sheet is a column of formulas that reference ALL sheets in the WB. For example: Jan!A1+Feb!A1+Mar!A1... When I try to copy this column from one WB's summary sheet to other workbooks, Excel inserts a workbook reference at the paste location: ['Workbook 1.xls']Jan!A1+['Workbook 1.xls']Feb!A1+['Workbook 1.xls']Mar!A1...... I really don't want that workbook name there, since all WBs contain different data! I ...

Error when selecting advanced role in Business Portal
I have installed Business Portal. However, I cannot see any queries/reports. I have granted all business portal roles to myself. I am trying to include an advanced role for myself in application settings>business portal users. However, I get an error there "No constituent roles are defined. There are no associations to modify". How to resolve this. Right now, I cannot see any great plains data. I cannot see any predefined queries and reports. ...

Error Message #94
We run Outlook Express on several machines. In the case of two machines just updated with XP SP-2, and running the latest and greatest version of Outlook Express, we get an error message, "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.". Outlook has never been activated on these machines, and Outlook Express is definitely set as the default mail client. A search of the web reveals only instructions for deleting a key from the registry for Outlook and to run Detect and Repair, but we are not running Outlook, and OE does not ...

Cross table
Hi everybody !! i come again here with a problem i can seem to solve :s i hope someone will be able to give me a hand on this... here it is : i have a sheet with 2 rows: location and activity. several activities can be found in one location, even several of the same activities. schematic exemple location activity 1 A 1 B 2 A 3 A 3 B 3 C 4 B 4 C I would like to create something that give me as a result a sheet where we can see the spatial relations between the activities. so i would have all...

Formula Error #5
Hi, I have a spreadsheet, one sheet per month (ie November, December etc), which has this formula to calculate the daily average of sales (column P, and column U is for account sales, of which there may be not be any for the month), AVERAGE(IF(P10:P70>0,(P10:P70)+(U10:U70))) CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. This is in cell F72, one row per day, and the >0 part of the formula is there so that future days are not calculated. I have a summary page for this current financial year, and each month contains this formula in cells B6,B8,B10 - B28: ='NOVEMBER 07'!F72 (as per it's month), how...

syntax question
Given the following code (found on this site..) With ActiveSheet.Range("B:B") Set FoundCell = .Find(what:="whatever", _ after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) End With How do I tell VB to look in Cell H1 for the what:="whatever" ? ie. I want to use the value found in the Cell H1 not the text "whatever" I've tried every co...