Creating a header in word after the second page.

Hi,

I am making a word document with a header but i only need the header to
appear after the 2nd page. i can make it appear only after the first.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You could use a field construction

{ IF { PAGE } > 2 "Your header text" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to
toggle off their display.

Alternatively, you will need to insert a Section Break between the second
and third pages and put the information in the Header of the second section
of the document after unlinking the header in that section from that in the
previous (first) section of the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Lost on word" <Lost on word@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am making a word document with a header but i only need the header to
> appear after the 2nd page. i can make it appear only after the first.
>
> any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0
Doug

create a roster

Inserting a paragraph from one word
How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what cycledim is. Thanks Create an AutoCorrect entry that replaces "cycledim" with whatever text you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PawlingJohn" <PawlingJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8638BE82-BCDA-4AC9-AEB3-248CEF7E2606@microsoft.com... > How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in > cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what ...

Word merge code
I have been using this code for a while with Office 2000. I recently moved to Office 2003 and when you click on "OK Merge to Word" MS Word does open up but with a blank document. In other word the merge failed. Does anyone know what changes need to be made for Ofiice 2003 and this code. Thanks Hi Eric I have just looked at Alberts RunWord module and if it opens word ok then it would seem (I may be wrong) that the problem is not with the code. Have you you moved the location of the word docs ? It is prob the onclick action (or other event) you are using. Try this - ...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Converting minutes to seconds #4
I have got this working with excel 2000 but will this work with 97. have tried it but i just get ERR Jame -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27641 ...

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

Task Create - Status

Second Request: change date for electronic payment
I am a new Money user....was with Quicken for 10+ years. I want to change the date of electronic payments in my register to be the same day that the payment is scheduled to be made. It looks as though the only thing that can be changed is the category. In Quicken you are able to change the date for electronic payments in the register without changing the actual day the bill is being paid. When this is done in Quicken you simply get a message telling you that the change will only occur in the register. I do not like the way Money assumes that it's a good idea to set the date about...

How to accomplish mixed page orientation?
How can I have some pages with portrait and some pages with landscape orientation in the same visio file? Thanks, Keith Brickey Keith, In the File > Page Setup dialog, go to the "Page Size" tab and make sure that "Same as printer paper size" is not checked. When printing, you'll need to change the printer orientation to match the page that you want to print. This is only necessary if you're running a version of Visio older than Visio 2003. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keith Brickey...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How to create pie chart with %

Viewing pictures in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have recently bought Office 2008 for Mac, and find that pictures in documents created in Word 2004 show as blank frames in Word 2008. Similarly, documents (.doc format) made in Windows do not show pictures, only frames, whereas when opened in Word 2004, the pictures are displayed. <br> Text is displayed correctly. Take a trip into Word> Preferences - View, remove the check on 'Image Placeholders' & make sure that 'Drawing Objects' is checked. If that doesn't correct it ve...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut