comparing numerically two documents

Hi all,

I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B
with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the
text in the two docs is different.

Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like

"The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of
document A"

Is anythig like this available?

thanks
0
ent

Two different queries return same results
I’m calculating average returns for stocks over two time periods; 30-days and 90-days. These two queries always return the same results for different time periods and I have no idea why. PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmMstr]![cboEnd] DateTime; SELECT Avg(SharePrices.StockPrice) AS AvgStockPrice30_Days, SharePrices.StockSymbol FROM tblStocksGroup INNER JOIN SharePrices ON tblStocksGroup.Ticker = SharePrices.StockSymbol WHERE (((SharePrices.DateTime)>=DateAdd("d",-21*(365/250),[Forms]![frmMstr]![cboEnd]))) GROUP BY SharePrices.StockSymbol; PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmMstr]![c...

two bars and a line on 2 axes
Need a custom chart with 2 vertical bars side by side, on one axis, and a line on a second axis. Anyone know the series of steps I need? I was having trouble figuring out the order of what set of the three data goes where, and how to define which of the pieces is on bar and which is on line, and which is second axis, etc. Thanks for any help. -- Boris Hi, Create your own combination chart by starting with a clustered column chart. Then right click the column series you wish to change to a line. From the context menu pick Chart Type. Choose the appropriate line chart. Cheers Andy...

Trying to calculate difference between two times in an access repo
I am trying to calculate the difference between two times in an access report and don't know what the correct expression is. My report has a column of "Start" and "End" that has the start time of the project and the end time of the project. I need the difference between the 2 so I created an expression for "Total production time" - =timediff("h",[end],[start]) but a box keeps appearing when I try to view the report which means I have an error and I don't know where I went wrong Try the DateDiff() function. "h" might not ...

Criteria Parameter in query for two fields: help
I have a form that utilizes two contact lists in separate combo boxes to illustrate projects that multiple people have worked on. I am trying to make it so that a report will illustrate the associated data based on these contacts. The selection will be based on either one contact (from either list) or both. Whereby on selection, the report will generate the associated data based on these user names. How would I go about creating a parameter in the query so that it will limit the content to reflect either contact list or a combination of the two? I am a beginner to Acc...

compare 2 excel files
How do I compare 2 books with the same items one has more items then the other,it should show me the difrance. Or even the item is there but the qty or price changed it should show me the difrence if nothing else changes the filesize should indicate the file with the most items. Perhaps the last edit date would do so, as well. >-----Original Message----- >How do I compare 2 books with the same items one has more >items then the other,it should show me the difrance. >Or even the item is there but the qty or price changed it >should show me the difrence >. > jacob wro...

Comparing 2 years of data on a monthly basis
I have 2 years of income data that I want to show on a per month basis. The income is made up of 5 different components. On a stacked chart, I want to show the total income as made up by these 5 components. Is this possible to do? Thanks in advance for your help. You might find this approach helpful: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Roy wrote: > I have 2 years of income data that I want to show on a per month basis. ...

microsoft access automation to outlook version 2003 compared with 2000
Hi there, I am an MS Access programmer using automation to connect Access to outlook. I want to install the new office 2003 but it will overwrite outlook 2000(while keeping the option open to leave a version of the other programs like word, excel, access). Can anybody tell me what the prohability is that my VBA automation code connecting with the 2003 outlook from the 2000 Access will still run. I use the code for example to send e-mail from access (even with service pack 3 installed using clickyes) and throwing my contacts in newly created different folders in the main contact folder. I k...

Word 2003 document opens slowly, analyzing document
I am using Word 2003. For some reason my documents suddenly opens up very slowly, while, at the bottom of my screen, I read the following message: "word is finished analyzing your document. " Only after this error is explained the document can be used. Please assist. Various add-ins have been indicted in connection with this message. Among them are the ones for Dymo LabelWriter (AddrFixr.dot and Dymo Label Writer Add-in.dot) and PDF Complete, as well as other label and PDF add-ins. Adobe Elements was another culprit named. Office MVP Bob Buckland found the error ...

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

How to programmatically set a word document to require a pw to modify it?
Hello, I have an mfc application which creates an rtf files for word. I would like to know how to programmatically set the file to require a PW to modify it in word? Thanks, Charles, To my knowledge, the RTF-spec does not contain marks for passwords. You could, however, test this by creating a minimal password-protected Word-document, saving it as RTF. Checking www.wotsit.org for the RTF-specification might also be of help. In the case that you find such an RTF-mark, how to include it in your generated document will be dependant on the way you generate it now - automation, direct crea...

creating a graph from nominal (non-numeric) data in Excel?
looking to creat a graph with word values, not numbers in Excel. Your desired outcome is unclear. Jerry Chris wrote: > looking to creat a graph with word values, not numbers in Excel. ...

hotmail sends two of same email
Whenever I receive mail from Hotmail (or spam too), I get two of the same message. If I only have one email address, why is this happening? And how can I fix it? Thank you very much. ...

How do I write in both columns when I format my word document?
I am typing a document in word and I need two columns formatted with text in both. I am only able to write in the left column and cannot type in right column. Please help. With "newspaper" type columns, you need to insert a column break to move from the first to the second column. (Page Layout tab>Breaks in Page Setup section of Ribbon>Column) If you want to switch backwards and forwards, maybe you should be using a two column table instead. If you go this route, insert new rows every now and then as exceptionally long rows (spanning pages) can be a bit of an...

How do I arrange certain pages to be two-sided?
I am preparing a handbook for printing and I would like to know if there is a way to set certain pages within the handbook to print two-sided and others to print one-sided. Is there a quick and easy way to do so or am I going to have to add blank pages to the ones I want printed one-sided? Thank you for your help. Booklets are created in multiples of four pages. Decide what page numbers you want blank and leave them that way. You will have to think ahead if the handbook is lengthy. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Combining IF statement with VLOOKUP and two table arrays
I have a vlookup that returns values from list 1. What I want to do is to combine that with an IF statement, such that if the lookup criteria is NOT present in list 1, (ie the VLOOKUP on its own returns #N/A), then a vlookup is performed on list 2. I've tried using a formula in the format of IF((vlookup1="#N/A),VLOOKUP2) but that doesn't seem to work. The formula doesn't seem to recognise "#N/A" . How can I do this? Thanks Gordon wrote: > I have a vlookup that returns values from list 1. What I want to do is to > combine that with an IF statement, such that...

Openning two crm web pages simultaneously
Hi, Our client is using two crm systems for two different companies that they are servicing. They need to be able to switch between screens quickly, since they may receive calls from both companies simultaneously. However, we know that for some reason you can not open two crm web clients simultaneously. Is there a workaround for this issue, so that they can use two web clients on the same PC? Thanks in advance for any help!! Hello This is easy to do with a change to the url's you use. Instead of using http://crmserver use http://crmserver/loader.aspx Cheers Dan "Isil" ...

Document Check Out Issue
We just implemented SP2 for SharePoint 3.0. We now have users who check out docs and edit them, but when they go to save them back in they get a message that indicates that the document has been updated since they checked it out by "another user" Any ideas? We have not implemented any cumulative updates. I read through the October and December 2009 updates and I did not see that they address this issue. -- ...

Two Versions in One File
I have a file that when I open it up actually opens up two unique files with :1 and :2 added to the end of the file name. Why is that and how would I delete one of them? Thanks for your time and consideration. Best regards, victor Open the file, press Ctrl + F4, save the file You or someone else open a second window of the same file and then saved it, Ctrl + F4 closes the active window -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Portland, Oregon "SeaTiger" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:0fbGf.42381$dW3.3164@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... >I have a file that when...

taking info from one document and auto filling others
Okay, my subject might not describe it exactly, but here is what I want to do, to try and automate this task I have to do on a regular basis. What I do is I type up an attendance sheet for training, and then I have to take the same info and make up training certs for the people that attended the training. Is there anyway that I can just take the names and the course and automatically make certs based on the attendance sheet? You could set everything up as a mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"...

Why is ctrl-return inserting two pages?
My office computer was recently upgraded to World 2007. I've adjusted, except for one thing -- previously, ctrl-return inserted a new page. In 2007 it inserts two and moves the cursor to the second new page. I looked through Button --> Word Options and the Help and didn't see an obvious customization solution. Please advise! The function should still only insert 1 page break. If you start Word in its safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst starting and positively acknowledge the ensuing prompt) does it still insert two pages? If not there may be a problem with your nor...

word document 01-28-10
While in a word document I accidentally hit the default button and changed my settings. Now when I open word it opens in landscape form and a booklet style. How do I get it to go back to a normal page Assuming that you are using Word 2007, do the following: On the Page Layout tab, click the dialog launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Page Setup group. In the Page Setup dialog box, click the Margins tab. Change the the orientation to "Portrait" and choose "Normal" for "Multiple pages." Then click the Default button. If/when ...

Align & Compare row with column
Current Scenario: A1: USB 2.0, B1: USB, C1: Type A A2: FW, B2: FW400 A3: Serial, B3: DB-9, C3: RS-232 I have another list. F1: TypeA F2: DB-9 G1: USB 2.0 G2: RS-232 G3: FW400 H1: USB H2: Serial H3 FW What I want is to sort A1:C3 row wise, and it will compare with column F,G & H. if column F matched with row1 then a particular value should be appear. In other words no matter what data lies in A1:A4....its order should be like F1:H1 Thanks in advance. Hi If I understand you correctly, HLOOKUP is the way to go. In A1 type =F1 and copy this through to column C In A2 type =IF(HLOOK...

Word 2007 Freezes doing a document compare
I have Word 2007 on two workstations each running XP Pro. When I try to compare a document my system freezes. Different documents have been tried. ...

Xml fragment in XML document

Conecting/updating cells on two w/s
I have a list of staff in sheet one, column one. how can i get excel to keep sheet two, column one the same, even if changes are made to sheet one column one? steve R.P.McMurphy Wrote: > I have a list of staff in sheet one, column one. how can i get excel > to > keep sheet two, column one the same, even if changes are made to sheet > one > column one? > > steve Hi Steve Go to Sheet2 first cell where you want the data from Sheet1, type = , go back to Sheet1 and click in the first cell of the names column, probably A2, and enter Then drag down the formula --...