combining documents with different templates and styles

I have a file that contains 30 different documents, with different
formatting, headers and footers, etc.  I need to combine these into a single
document, but preserve the graphic integrity of the documents.  Converting to
pdf causes some of the graphics to muddy up, while other graphics get lost
completely.  Is there a way to combine the Word documents into a single Word
document but preserve the different styles, etc.  I'm prepared to do this
from scratch, but if there is a way to combine them that would save time,
that would be preferable.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

If the documents use different formats applied with the same style names
then it will not be possible to integrate them into a single document and
preserve the layouts. The best that you can manage would be achieved with
http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm . If the style names in each document are
unique then you may have more success.

If you really do need to combine disparate document layouts, PDF should be
the way forward (though as a finished PDF document, not as PDF pages
inserted into Word) and with the correct settings the graphics should be
seen as you have them in Word. Maybe you need a better PDF creation tool?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"caysimpson" <caysimpson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a file that contains 30 different documents, with different
> formatting, headers and footers, etc.  I need to combine these into a
> single
> document, but preserve the graphic integrity of the documents.  Converting
> pdf causes some of the graphics to muddy up, while other graphics get lost
> completely.  Is there a way to combine the Word documents into a single
> Word
> document but preserve the different styles, etc.  I'm prepared to do this
> from scratch, but if there is a way to combine them that would save time,
> that would be preferable.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

0
Graham

Formula involving different sheets
Hi Using Excel 2003. In sheet 1, cell A1: =200/1200 In sheet 2, cell B2: =300/1200 In sheet 3 in a cell, I want to do =200/1200 + 300/1200 by cell reference. How do I do so? Thanks. Your formula would be: =sheet1!a1+sheet2!b2 The best way to create these formulae is to get Excel to do it. 1: Type = into your cell 2: Navigate to your sheet1!a1 cell. You will notice in the formula bar that Excel is adding its address to your formula 3: Type + 4: Navigate to your sheet2!b2 cell. 5: Hit enter Once you learn this, you will never type a cell address again. Regar...

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

Online resource (documentation with examples)?
If this is possible please let me know, there are a few things in m mind that i would like to implement, finding the resource seems to b the hardest challenge, i am trying to decipher the help.chm available making progress slowly, also using the msdn online resource, (no enough low level detail for my experience with programming), so if yo could recommend any resources online or downloadable, (for free), i would be of great use! \\Regards\thanks\Riz -- Rizits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Large Document and Publisher 2007
I believe I read in here somewhere that Pub 2007 was not the application of choice when creating a large document - 60 pages or so plus index. What Microsoft product would be the application of choice? And is the fact that Pub does not create an index them main reason? Hey, you can create as many pages as you need in Publisher, but it isn't nearly as friendly as Word for long documents. And, yes, Publisher does not create indexes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat" <pmaxon@gmail.com> wrote in ...

Documenting the backup of data
This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS Access. Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database. I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access. I have no idea how i would document this. I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access. Has anyone had similar exeperiences? Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example? ...

tiger probelms saving word and xcell documents to a server
We are having trouble saving word and xcel documents to our sever from os X tiger. We can only save as an .rtf and .xml, but them we loose formating and things like charts in xcel! We can save directly to the individual computer, but not to our server. Any help out there? ...

why does part of my document disappear when I save it
I am creating a newsletter I do every month. I created 7 pages, and when I add the last JPEG image, it looks fine. When I click SAVE, the JPEG image disappears. When you re-open the document, is the image there? Might look into a video driver upgrade. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "barbilulu" <barbilulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD72CE48-C460-4F6A-9E38-EC0805051A15@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter I do every month. I created 7 pages, and when I > add the l...

Finding the combination that appears more times
Hi everybody i have a list on excel 2007 that displays the purchase of items on columns A:E, each column showing one (1) item I want to find what combination of items appears more times, especifically, which combination of four (4) is the favorite mix eg: A B C D F A C D E F B C D E F B C D F Z in this example, the winner would be (B, C, D, E) as it appears 3 times the main problem is that I have over 1,000 rows and trying with =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:E1,$N$1:$R$1)) por each combination would take forever... is there a simpler, quicker ...

Difference in the listing of the New module addition in 2002 version
Hi, I have Excel 2002 at home and also at work. At home when I add a new module (using Insert module) Then it gets listed under "VBAProject (Book1)" and it is in the same tree node as "Sheet1 (Sheet1)", "Sheet2 (Sheet2)" , "Sheet3 (Sheet3)" "This Workbook". There is no separate "Microsoft Excel objects" folder. While at Work when I insert a new Module it gets added under a folder called Module which is basically part of the tree node "VBAProject (Book1)". Also at work I have a separate "Microsoft Excel objects"...

Rules for different smtp addresses for 1 user.
In exchange my user account is set-up with 2 smtp addresses. 1) Erik@mycompany.com and 2) jreed@mycompany.com (this is the primary SMTP address) so any email sent to those 2 addresses comes to my inbox. I tried to create a rule in outlook XP to place the email to erik@mycompany.com into a seperate folder. Turns out that this can not be done! OUCH! it appears all incoming mail is translated to the local account name and the smtp address is not referenced at all???? I do not want to have to create a seperate user and maintain 2 different mailboxes. I have to be missing how to do thi...

creating chart from different sheet
Hi Looking for the method to create chart in Excel sourcing cell from different sheets, instead of same sheet.. I already tried hold CTrl key but it gives the format error when i try to add series to the chart if the data is from the two different sheets. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ All the data for the values for one axis for a series on a chart must be on a single worksheet. So, all the x-values for a series must be on a worksheet, just as al...

Combining 2 Excel (xls) files
I have 2 xls workbooks with different sheet names and both with different range names. I would like to combine them both into one workbook so that I don't have to re-create all of the range names. Is there a way to do that? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346017 Hi LAF- Open both files (let's call them A & B, and assume A will be your "combined" file). Working i...

sharing offline folders among different profiles
I would like to share (ie use the same folders) my offline Outlook contacts and calendar folders in two different profiles. How? Many thanks. OST files can be opened only in the profile/mailbox for which they were created. What is it you need to accomplish? There may be another way. rbuce@btoauto.com wrote: > I would like to share (ie use the same folders) my offline > Outlook contacts and calendar folders in two different > profiles. How? Many thanks. rbuce@btoauto.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to share (ie use the same folder...

Combining Publications
Can I combine two different publications into one? Suzi wrote: > Can I combine two different publications into one? ========================================= Personally, I would simply open two instances of Publisher (one document in each) / tile the two screens...and copy/paste. Maybe the following link will be useful: Combining Publisher Documents http://tinyurl.com/2lpj5w -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

How to Combine Data in Different Columns
Hi Everyone I need help in this issue. I have tried many ways though some wer successful but they were not efficient. I have say 5 columns of data and the data could be on the same rows o all 5 columns or on different rows hence if I need to combine all th data of these 5 columns, I would have to sort or filter each of the manually and copy and paste to a different worksheet or column. This i very tedious and time consuming. I also tried to write a macro to loo for data in one column then put them into another column but i was no successful. However, experts like you guys shouldn't have ...

Need to customize default templates #2
Is there anyway to create a template and have it open as a defaul template when you open excel everytime.... there is a folder called 'XLStart' in which we can add workbook files 'xls' but we cannot put template files which have customize headers/footers: xlt.... cuase as a default 'book1' opens which is blank....but i want t customize a template that opens as a defaullt everytime we ope excel....... can this be done?? !!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Input variable contains a duplicate document
Somehow I got this error message GP 10 when I did PO import "Input variable contains a duplicate document" It affects all PO import item. Thanks, Tim Tim, Based on the error message, it sounds like eConnect (or the eConnect adapter in Integration Manager) is being used to bring in these transactions. The first place I'd recommend checking would be the eConnect Event Log in the Event Viewer. That should give more details regarding the error along with the XML string being passed in so that you can see the exact document number that is throwing this error. Thanks, &qu...

how reopen the document with Enable Macros.office2007
how reopen the document with Enable Macros.office2007 ...

CRM 3.0
I have been struggling with getting our CRM 3.0 system customized for several weeks and this newsgroup has been an excellent source of reference. However, I'm having to use this as my primary reference resource because Microsoft has shipped CRM without much in the way of documentation. Does anyone know where you can find actual, comprehensive documentation on actually getting this product customized and set up? The Implementation Guide is weak - anyone who's read it knows that it lobs out concepts without any real "meat" to back it up with specific details on how to i...

How to change a CDialog's template after creation
Hi All, DialogBoxIndirect() supports the creation of dialogs based on an in memory template (DLTEMPLATE struct) that describes the dialog and it's associated controls but is it possible to change a dialog's template (DLGTEMPLATE) after it has been constructed i.e. after DialogBoxIndirect() has been called? If so how? Many thanks in advance, Ben. > DialogBoxIndirect() supports the creation of dialogs based on an in > memory template (DLTEMPLATE struct) that describes the dialog and it's > associated controls but is it possible to change a dialog's template > (DLG...

combinations
I have a finite number of values that represent length (right now I have less than 20 values). Can Excel take these values and list all possible combinations of the values? Any pointers appreciated. Stephen R. Stephen, No. There are 2,432,902,008,176,640,000 possible ways to combine 20 different values. That is, unless you have another limitation, like only using 4 at a time.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Stephen R" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9ZiYhOeFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a finite number of values that represent length (right...

Combine 2 Charts 2007 Excel
I have a line chart (looks like an S curve graph) with two rows of data below & this chart looks exactly like I want it to. Period % Complete Dec-04 7% Jan-05 9% Feb-05 10% Mar-05 12% Apr-05 14% May-05 19% Jun-05 22% Jul-05 23% Aug-05 24% Sep-05 26% Oct-05 28% Nov-05 32% Dec-05 36% Jan-06 40% Feb-06 45% Mar-06 50% Apr-06 55% May-06 59% Jun-06 63% Jul-06 66% Aug-06 71% Sep-06 75% Oct-06 78% Nov-06 81% Dec-06 85% Jan-07 87% Feb-07 89% Mar-07 91% Apr-07 93% May-07 94% Jun-07 94% Jul-07 95% Aug-07 95% Sep-07 95% Oct-07 95% Nov-07 95% Dec-07 95% Jan-08...