Checkbox in Word 2007

F1 key did not produce results in my query to insert a checkbox the can be
clicked to introduce a checkmark.  Guidance sought

You will need to use the check box form field in the Legacy Forms toolbox,
which is on the Developer tab (Controls group, Legacy Tools button). If you
do not already have the Developer tab displayed (it is not by default), go
to Office Button | Word Options | Popular and check the box for "Display the
Developer tab in the Ribbon."

From there you'll want to read
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. Note in
particular that, in order to use check box form fields, you must protect the
document for forms, which may not be what you want, but there is no check
box among the new "content controls."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> F1 key did not produce results in my query to insert a checkbox the can be
> clicked to introduce a checkmark.  Guidance sought

0
Suzanne

Word 2008 visual display is outdated.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac last year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up, like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer, which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different ...

Recent court ruling on customXML and word
Does anyone know what "minor" feature MS has taken out of word 2010 that relieves them of the infringement charge? I am writing utilities that revolve around the xml schema validation features of Word 2007 and was wondering if that "hotfix" had any impact on xml authoring and validation in word. See the thread with the subject "Office Supplemental Release (October 2009)" in this newsgroup started on 22/12/2009 by Greg Maxey. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Making attribute a checkbox
How do you make an attribute a checkbox -- donn Hi, In Customization, open the entity. Than open click on Forms and Views and open the Form. Double click on bit type of field. In new window, the second tab will be formatting. You will have option in bottom, "Control Formatting" here you can choose the desrired format. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Donald" wrote: > How do you make an attribute a checkbox > -- > donn Create a bit field an...

linking spreadsheets to word
hi, i've linked 1 spreadsheet to another spreadsheet in excel, but now i need to link the spreadsheet to MS Word. therefore whenever i update the spreadsheet in Excel, the MS Word one will also get updated how would i do that? thankyou very much Open word. Drag and drop the spreadsheet. -- Steve "puthp" <puthp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E47BAE1-13F4-4055-A4D1-84D36ED1B4C1@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i've linked 1 spreadsheet to another spreadsheet in excel, but now i need > to > link the spreadsheet to MS Word. therefore w...

CRM button not available in Word mail merge templates
Hi all, I've got a weird situation in a 4.0 CRM deployment where users are unable to create mail merge templates in Word because the CRM button does not appear in the menu bars unter mailings or add-ins. Is there a way to force this add-in to Word? Or could something be blocking the add-in for everyone? This affects all users in the deployment and they are all using Office 2007. Thanks Rob all i can say is to close the outlook and then try to do it from web client and inform us. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, thanks for the response -- no go in ...

Cannot create new messae in outlook or word.
I can't create a new message in outlook or a new document in word. I can't even reply to or forward a message. Sometimes when I open outlook it says "Not configured for current user." someone please help. Email me directly ccm27@drexel.edu I can't create a new message in outlook or a new document in word. I can't even reply to or forward a message. Sometimes when I open outlook it says "Not configured for current user." someone please help. Email me directly ccm27@drexel.edu ...

Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes
I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that allows users to "select all" checkboxes. Code Example: Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add 'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here If SheetCount <> 0 Then If ...

Journal entries to Word
Hi, Has anyone created a VB script template or something to generate a nice looking reports of journal entries in outlook into Word? Thanks Derek ...

No Ribbon in Outlook 2007
My Microsof Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6212.1000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) does not have ribbon. But the training on-line (http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RP101153551033&CTT=6&Origin=RC101153581033) is based on ribbons. Something is wrong with the software or with the online training. -- Director of Technology K-12 School Colombia South America The ribbon does not appear on the main Outlook Screen, it only appears in open messages. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- &q...

Exporting To Word??
Hello, I have a Excel doc that I need to be able to either copy or export out and come into a Word doc. Actually the work doc is a label with three accross and ten down and would like to put the Excel cell into the work doc label. Is this possible. Thanks R JR Investigate the use of Word's mailmerge feature to get Excel data to labels. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:39:55 GMT, "JR" <...

Outlook 2007 message icon will not change from closed (unread) to
I have an Outlook user where the icon in the inbox message section gets an incoming new email, the text is bold, and the icon envelope is closed. She is using the reading pane, and clicks in the message in the reading pane, then clicks away to the next message, the envelope icon does not change from closed (unread) to open (read).. the text does not go from bold to unbold. It is really weird .. and started after last month's updates... any suggestions on what could be causing this? thanks. go to tools, options, other tab, read pane. Is she using the option to mark rea...

Using Publisher 2000 files in Word 2000
In very simple words please... How may I make mixed text and clipart files produced in Publisher 2000 be moved to Word 2000 and - remaining unchanged in appearance and editability - save as .doc files? Thank for any help and/or advice. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Simply, you cannot. Copy and paste via the clipboard is the only way and no layout format will be retained. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Serendipity pill@blueyonder.co.uk... > How may I make mixed text and clipart files pr...

Job Search for 2007
I am currently in the Civil Engineering Technology program at NBCC Moncton. I am searching for a career, starting in the summer of 2007. If any information is available, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, NW naxward@hotmail.com ...

Consolidate in Excel 2007 and 2003
Just wondering about this - I have sheets that are monthly ones which, at this moment, only started up since I began to learn more about Excel, last month. I dragged my March stuff from the Word doc I have it in to Excel, tidied it a bit and auto summed the totals at the bottom. All well. April was done as the work was done and auto sum totals and again all OK. Started into May and thought that I would prefer Year to Date totals to auto update as I entered new data and came across Consolidate and started a YTD sheet just for those totals. This works well enough as I specified a particu...

which is the chart name, which contains X, y , z in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003 i was able to use chart under custom tab 1 line 2 columns, i want the same in Excel 2007 Hi, xl2007 does not have Custom chart types. Instead you need to construct your own. Create a column chart based on all data series. Select the series you wish to plot as a line chart. From the ribbon Design > Type > Change chart type, select Line chart. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ananth" <Ananth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EFD7D5-23C6-4095-9D70-CF22827876DB@microsoft.com... > In Excel 200...

why is microsoft word word 2007,saying expired when i just instal
hi, i just installed microsoft word 2007 trial for 60 days yesterday, when i open it and a page comes up saing it has expired n convert to full one Is the the first time you installed the trial? You only get one trial. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "qumar...

how do I put a excel document in word
NEED TO PUT an excell budget into a Word proposal but how? Hi one easy way: copy the range in Excel and paste it in Word -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shortybigfoot" <shortybigfoot@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:601DE6AE-0B87-492F-9EC1-C920BF429E46@microsoft.com... > NEED TO PUT an excell budget into a Word proposal but how? ...

Send emails with Word....
I use Outlook 2003 for 2 years. Today suddenly I cannot sand emails! After I write the email with Word (2003), when I click on Send, appear the message: ------------------------------------- Mikrosoft Office Word ------------------------------------- (!) Interface not registered I am blocked. Can someone help me? bachvalov start->run->regsvr32 ole32.dll -- Vijay Sites that I would recommend http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/ Try the Windows Live Mail Beta http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-491...

checkbox with relative reference?
I have a checkbox in E5 controlling E5. If I copy it to K11, I want it to control K11. Now, how do I give it this kind of relative reference? Thanks, Sven Sven, I take it you're going to have to do this more than a few times. I suggest you create the checkbox objects in code rather than using the Excel Control Toolbox. Add the checkboxes in the workbook open event and then you can set the attributes of each using variables. Ross "Sven Berg" <wiesel69@gmx.de> wrote in message news:060fd6fc-4258-4b48-b67b-c6909c0f2c45@8g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... >I have a check...

How to paste autoshape with changed properties in publisher 2007?
I tried to paste a rectangle in line with the text, and the publisher was changing the pasted autoshape into a defult (which is teh exact position). How do I paste the autoshape with my own properties? Select the autoshape, from Format menu click AutoShape, click the Layout tab and change the Object Position to Inline. If you are copying a rectangle that is already inline and wondering why it isn't inline when you paste it, it's because its inline-ness is a property of the text it is in. This can be confirmed by selecting the autoshape and at least one character of text on eit...

How do I get a "fix" to open .docx files with word 2000?
My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an upgrade, how do I download a "fix"?? CWP wrote: > My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an > upgrade, how do I download a "fix"?? Download the Office Compatibility Pack from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466. Before you apply the pack, make sure your Office programs have been updated to Service Pack 3, as indicated in the System Requirements section of that page. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microso...

Word Art Modification
I am trying to do the word art that is a half circle. I can do the one that is shown but I am trying to do the bottom half of the circle in letters. I can't get it to do the reverse arc and still have the letters in the correct order to read it. If I do the top half circle and then stretch it down it mirrors the letters. I need the bottom half of the circle. Any solutions? Mary Sauer.....found your previous answer to someone else. I did the old search for the answer after I posted the question. Great document and it helped with a lot of my questions. THANKS! "BarbaraT6...

Checkbox checked then show more checkboxes
I have added checkboxes from Control Toolbox and they seem to work fine. I just want to make one of them lets say checkbox3 to show more checkboxes when checkbox3 is marked. How do I do that? I'd add them all to exactly where I wanted them. But then have the "master" checkbox just unhide/hide the others. Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox3_Click() Dim ShouldBeVisible As Boolean ShouldBeVisible = CBool(Me.CheckBox3.Value = True) Me.CheckBox1.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox2.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox4.Visible = ShouldBeVisible ...

Text form field loses formatting in Word 2010
I am trying to create a very simple form in Word 2010 (RTM, on Win7) which has three fields: Qty, Unit Price, Ext. Price. Am using the legacy Text Form field for each. The details on how I set up properties is below. I restrict editing and then save it (as a DOTX, DOCX or even DOC-tried all), and then open it to type values in my fields. Here's the problem: the fields do not format the data as instructed. For example, I type in a unit price of $1.50 and it saves the value of "1". That's it, just the number 1, and does not format it as instructed (as currency)...

appleworks to word
Does anybody know an easy way to convert all your old Appleworks documents into Word docs? Your original question already received replies. http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Office/578 If you don't like the replies for some reason, better to discuss it than to just repeat the same question. califsydney@officeformac.com wrote: > Does anybody know an easy way to convert all your old Appleworks > documents into Word docs? ...