Cannot locate normal template

I cannot locate my normal.docx template.
Running Office 2007 on Windows XP
MS Word opens with text right aligned and I wish to correct that. But I
cannot find the template. A full search shows no file titled "normal".

Where do I find the file which Word uses when it opens?
Many thanks.

The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm and if you have not changed
the location where Word stores its templates you can find it by typing
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates
in the Address bar of Windows Explorer or your browser.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"John Kirk" <JohnKirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot locate my normal.docx template.
> Running Office 2007 on Windows XP
> MS Word opens with text right aligned and I wish to correct that. But I
> cannot find the template. A full search shows no file titled "normal".
>
> Where do I find the file which Word uses when it opens?
> Many thanks.

0
Graham

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Does anyone have a template for a race registration?
I am looking for a template for a race, specifically a 5k. Does Word offer such a template? Would need room for a heading/title as well as spaces for questions (name, address, etc) Searching the Internet using your favorite search engine may be the best approach, but you could also take a look at the Templates section of Office online (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "shuttermom3" <shuttermom3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E7D7575-F1AF-4878-8...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

How do I turn off template help?
I have a template that I use regularly, everytime I open it on the right handside "Template Help" opens. How do I turn off this annoying feature besides clicking the "X" Thanks! In xl2003: Tools|options|General Tab|Service Options button|Online Content category Uncheck what you don't want. ogawak wrote: > > I have a template that I use regularly, everytime I open it on the right > handside "Template Help" opens. How do I turn off this annoying feature > besides clicking the "X" > > Thanks! -- Dave Peterson There's...

Gridlines on template disappear
I am trying to create labels for CDs using one of the Avery templates. At first I can see the gridlines showing the CD shape. Then when I do something like Group/ungroup, the gridlines disappear and I can't get them back. Also if I copy and paste the design to another page, even though the gridlines are on the first page, they do not show up on the 2nd page. Sure would appreciate some help! :-) CD's are 4.625 round with a 1.625 round center. Create this auto shape and send to the Master Page. When it is time to print, View, Ignore Master Page. Take a look at this article, FAQ #...

Inserting a page into the beginning of a template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have to work with a 5 page template, created by the client, which has a footer indicating &quot;Page 1 of 5&quot;, etc. I need to insert a page at the beginning of the template without any footers. I want the new page 2 (the original page 1) to still be &quot;Page 1 of 5&quot; in the footer. How do I do that? Answered the one you send three minutes ago :-) (Allow about half an hour for your posts to show up in here). Depending on where and how you send them from, it's usually much...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Presentation Folder Template
Heya - I am looking for a specific type of template that I cannot find with the templates from the install nor on office online template listings. I am looking for a publisher template for a presentation folder. You know, the type you would get from a printer with the cuts on the inside leafs for business cards, etc. I know there is one for Quark and one for InDesign but I use neither. If someone knows where one is located I would appreciate it. P Go here: http://www.printingforless.com/images/folders/Instructions_For_Layouts.pdf -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Formulas and Normalization
Hi, Good Day, If any one can help me for the following. 1, Table expamples with normalization. 2. How can put date calculation formula within the table properties. Like I would like to create table of three fields one will carry date of Certificate and second one say 90 days validity and third would like to have with the formula, showing expiry date of Certificate. ([CertificateDate]+[90] [Expiry date] 3. Form field calculation. [VehicleParking date with time] - [VehicleDroveOut date...

function template #2
Hi I am trying to use a function template as a member of a class. My class declaration is as follows: ref class CListCtrlSetup { public: CListCtrlSetup(void); template<class T> void InsColumn(T& lst, DataTable^ table); } and the function declaration is template<class T> void CListCtrlSetup::InsColumn(T& lst, System::Data::DataTable^ table) { try { DataColumnCollection^ columns = table->Columns; DataColumn^ column; CString str; int i, col = columns->Count; for(i=0; i<col; i++){ column = columns[i]; str = column->ColumnName; lst.Inser...

How to locate differences between two sheets/ranges?
Well, here's my problem: each day here at work I receive a file with updated info on specific data. Form is always the same -specific number of columns with the same type of data, only the number of rows may change. However, every day I have to go through the data to see what has been changed and/or what has been added/dropped. Is there any way to do this easily? Kind regards Th Hi Have a look here for some ideas. I'm sure one of them will suit: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Andy. "Gryzor" <Gryzor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Locating a Table object
I am having a problem with the following code: Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentData For Each obj In dbs.AllTables If obj.IsLoaded = True Then If TblObj.Name = strHoldTableName Then MsgBox "Another user is viewing this record" intBeingViewed = 1 Exit For End If End If Next obj This code is intended to check if a table with the (string) name strHoldTableName exists, but it's not working. Am I missing a reference, or is there another set of cod...

relative file path location
Hi all, I am using Excel XP on a network at my work place, my problem is that if I have two excel workbooks, one of which links to the other. Now if I have the both files open the link "file path" is straight forward, however if one files is shut the link obviously contains the full file path location. open = file name / cell closed = file path / file name / cell My problem is that I would like to email both of the files but I understand that if this is outside of my company the file location link will no longer work, is there a way to create a "relative file path lo...

Template With Data Tracking
I want to make a template that will add to a database every time it i saved. I looked at the template wizard with data tracking and it looks lik the right sort of idea but I can only link single cells. I want to set my tempate up so that is is like a mini database wit space for 20 records and each time someone adds a record and saves th sheet, it will be added to a central database (so exactly like th template wizard but with more than 1 cell linked to a field)? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

cursor location
Using Word 2007. When I first click on Word the blank page comes up with the cursor in the top center of the page. Why is this, and how can I make it appear on the left margin to begin a document? thanks Probably you have centered alignment applied to the empty paragraph mark in the Normal.dotm template. With the cursor in that empty paragraph, right-click and choose Paragraph to open the dialog. Change the alignment to Left, click the Default button at the bottom of the dialog, and confirm the change. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for a couple o...

Attachments and Mail Templates
Hi, Is there a way to add attachments to mail templates. We send out a lot of standard mails to answer enquiries and it would be very helpful to be able to include attachments in the template rather than having to attach them manually each time we send a mail. Regards, Mark ...

Free RMS reports, templates and product signage
RMS users: Our RMS Toolkit trial download now includes over 100 custom reports, templates, and label formats for POP signage. The Report/Template Bundle with SmartPOP is valued at $500 and is FREE to keep just for trying our RMS add-in suite. No purchase is necessary. RMS Toolkit overview brochure: http://www.digitalretailer.com/AddinPDFs/DRS-RMSToolkit-PDF.pdf RMS Toolkit 30-day trial download: http://www.digitalretailer.com/TKdemo-dl.htm If there are any other tools, reports, templates, and utilities you'd like added to the RMS Toolkit, please let us know. Resellers: Rebrandable broch...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #6
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

i am having trouble locating my server
i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think you're in Australia. See if the article here helps: http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78072F02-9CAE-485E-A9B8-03E297727716@microsoft.com... >i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a >server ...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #5