Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template

I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word.  After
deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then
typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a
whole page of return address labels.  I just couldn't get it to work.  Any
suggestions?

Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the
label wizard?

Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Problems with label templates" <Problems with label
templates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word.  After
> deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then
> typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a
> whole page of return address labels.  I just couldn't get it to work.  Any
> suggestions?

0
JoAnn
12/14/2009 11:32:05 PM
Use the macro at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm to
duplicate the labels.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Problems with label templates" <Problems with label
templates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word.  After
> deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then
> typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a
> whole page of return address labels.  I just couldn't get it to work.  Any
> suggestions?

0
Graham

Any method to copy the hyperlink address from an Office Object?
Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object and paste the same to a cell? You cannot copy the link address directly through Excel build-in menu . you need to use VBA code to do that. "Narnimar" wrote: > Any method to copy the address content only from a hyperlinked Office Object > and paste the same to a cell? Maybe you could use a userdefined function to extract the hyperlink from the cells that have them. Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If...

Scrambled e-mails
Occasionally I open an email and it "scrambles" into illegible code. Completely unreadible -- see below. This occurs with only 2 email senders so far but one is my prime contact in another office. At other times this sender's email can be opened and it IS legible. However if I save it and then reopen it later, it scrambles on reopening. Once it has been opened and scrambles, to close without saving changes doesn't help -- from then on it's scrambled. I have to call the sender and have the email resent. Usually this 2nd message scrambles too, othertimes not. ...

reading Japanese mails from hotmail
I use Outlook to download and store in my HD the mails that come to my hotmail account. I can read mails in Japanese in Hotmail (on internet), but when it is downloaded to Outlook, I cannot read many of them. I can write and read Japanese in other software. FYI, I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003 (and a Toshiba computer all bought in US). How can I read these Japanese emails? Thanks! ...

where to find PABX Template ?

Data labels in Chart
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C56114.8ED26340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a bar chart that shows projected and actual numbers for four = quarters. I'd like to label each pair of bars with the PERCENTAGE between the = projected and actual numbers for each quarter, rather than the actual = number each bar represents. Is there a way to do this based on a formula? (As opposed to creating = text boxes and insertng them?) Thanks so much. ------=_NextPart_000_000E...

Only Administrator can send mail to certain domains
Since installing a new Exchange Server (Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 on Server 2003 w/ SP1) we have been unable to send mail to certain domains. And it looks like those domains are also using Exchange Servers. Today we found that emails sent from the Administrator account go through OK but all others do not. The return failure messages vary but predominately we rec'v the message that the email could not be delivered in the specified time. I've checked the usual suspects - checked Reverse DNS, telnet succesfully to their mail server. What does the Administrator's ability to send and ever...

Outlook 2000 E-mail sluggish
My Outlook 2000 e-mail is very slow to open rceived new e- mails or to open the "new" e-mail screen. It takes approx. 2 min. then opens the e-mail or the new e-mail window. I have Office 2000 Premium Edition and Windows 98. I had SP1 installed and it was working fine. I have since installed SP3 without correcting problem. I have used the Detect & Repair without correcting problem. Did a necessary file(s) go missing? Any suggestions?? Using the Detect and Repair I received an Error 1328 C:\CONFIG.MSi\PTC2E3.TMP AND C:\CONFIG.MSi\PT2321.TMP could not be updated...is this...

Looking for a "Cornell Notes" template
Hey guys, I purchased MS Office 2007 recently. Mostly for the fact that I am just going back to school after a 10 year break. In my English class we have to take "Cornell Notes" I would like to be able to type up these notes in MS One Note so I can have them nice and organized and print them out when I need them. However I have been unable to find a good template and have searched all over the internet. All I found was one file in MS online that spoke about what "Cornell Notes are". I tried to create my own template but failed miserably as I am no...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

Copy, Paste special, Values
The result of a simple formula should be a whole number with no decimals. However, when I used Copy, Paste Special, Values, excel returns decimal values that are slightly above or below the expected whole number. For example, when A1 contains the value 49.931, copying the value from the formula (A1-49)*1000 yields 930.999999999997 when the actual result should be 931. Any explanation would be appreciated. see post in msp.excel -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Fritz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089e01c3ad3a$12400600$...

schedule for auto mail
I want to configure schedule on exchange server 2003 to send auto mail for our users. I will enter subject and contents and send date&time , exchange will send this mail to our users periodically like end of the months. ...

paste special picture from Excel 2007 to Publisher 2007 doesn't work
I have a group of charts with text in surrounding cells that I want to copy and paste special picture enhanced metafile from Excel into Publisher. I have around 200 groups of these charts to paste into the Publisher file. What happens now is that the paste special command only reveals three options: new table, new text box, and HTML. When I copy paste special into Word the picture enhanced metafile is accessible and the image pastes fine. In Publisher pasting results in worksheet cells and the charts all in pieces and messy. I could copy the Word image into Publisher, but UGH!!200 TIMES. There...

Excel Test With Template Wizard
Hi, I�ve been asked to look at making past exam papers into online tests. I don�t know anything about programming, so the way I�ve done it is t use form controls in excel. I was thinking I could set it up as template with data tracking on the network so people could open a cop on their machine, then when they save it, it would feed back into database that could do the marking. I�m ok as far as designing the worksheet so it has option buttons etc for each question. My first problem is that, having created the worksheet, once it i protected, I can�t select any of the option buttons, even...

Missing e-mails #3
I have a serious problem with e-mails. When we send e-mails to a couple of domains and they try to use the 'reply' function in their e-mail systems to reply we do not recieve the mails. I've checked our queues and logs and the mails are not even getting to the queues at the hosts of our domains. Is there anything in outlook that could foul the reply path? Test mails replied to from both Hotmail and Navigator 7.1's e-mail client are coming through fine. Thanks, Ed Handley ...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

No mail in Inbox
I have set up office and am using outlook with XP on my new computer. I can send emails to myself and can see them in sent folder but they do not appear in the inbox. The location of outlook today is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\temp\outlook.pst Have I got the wrong setup for this? Is there another location for this? I had this problem and could not fix it so I uninstalled Office and reinstalled and my old PST was already in the outlook folders before I had set it up. Would be greatfull if someone could help an beginner Dave Do the messages appear on your webbased...

How to copy number NOT equation
How do you copy the number in a cell not the equation? I need to compare a lot of data which I got from calculations but don't want to have to import all that data just to get a few plots. -- jimbo_jones ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimbo_jones's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27244 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494122 Try: Copy > Paste special > Check "Values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/p...

Copying only the numerical values
Is it possible to have a summary worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet and then copy this worksheet on its own to another document but with the numerical values only? I have a worksheet which is a summary of various other Excel documents linked together. I wish to email this summary page with the numerical values only. I don't particularly want the file paths showing in the document I email - I just wish the numerical values - not the formulas which produce these values. Is this possible? Without going through complicated procedures. "SM" <theesel1994REMOVE@googlemail...

Double mail sent
I've a problem, my server has mdaemon and sometimes when (only with a specified mail address) I sent 2 messages..... I think that using webmail I don't have this mail but only using Outlook Express Can you help me? Thanks Nobody Can help me? You have missed out a lot of vital information, such as which version of MDaemon you are using and how it is configured to operate. Is the problem with Outlook Express sending to MDaemon or Internet explorer send to MDaemon WorldClient or with MDaemon sending to your ISP? The obvious place to look at is the "Lists&qu...

Duplicate e-mails #3
I'm recieving 2 of the same e-mails each time one is recieved. Please help! Sometimes if you disconnect during a download of a pile of emails, the ISP server won't delete them and will resend them once you reconnect. If it happens all the time, are you sure you have it set up for the ISP to delete messages after they've been downloaded? Is is twice and only twice, or sometimes can it be three or four times? BTW, what version of Outlook and what OS? "CSG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d401c3a1a7$306372a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Windows Mail stopped connecting to the server
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Vista x64 Ultimate overnight windows mail stopped connecting to the server. I installed C# express, VB Express, Python 2.6, and VB6 run times last night. I've tried disabling all virus scanning on the off chance that was blocking itbut no luck. Anyone got any ideas? The...

Label Printing #3
I have brother 7820 printer and When I print label using avery 5160 paper by label wizard The problem I have on 3rd row If price is $15.99 the last nine print only half. It look like $15.9 . How should I fix this problem Gil, If you are speaking about the 3rd column or label, check the printer's print margins or you will have to modify the label template. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outl...

my file using one note cannot be viewed completely if i e-mail it
i created a file with some pictures and handwriting, and e-mailed to friends who are using different e-mail servers, however the complete file cannot be viewed by friends who are using yahoo or hotmail accounts. some are broken up and some must save it on desktop and open to view. do recipients have to have one note program built in their computer? it will be waste of money if it only works with having one note program..... They need OneNote to open the *.one files, but the text of the message body should be viewable in any mail program that accepts HTML and doesn't block images...

x-axis labels
I am trying to replace numbers on the x-axis of a scatter chart with text but can't figure out how to do it. ...

How many templates can there be in 1 Publication?
Am trying to use two different templates on two different pages in one publication file. When I select a different template, from page one, to apply to page two page one also changes to the new selection. Is this even possible with Publisher 2003? Open two instances of Publisher, copy the objects on template two, insert a page in template one and paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7BEA7D1-0BDC-41C0-89C8-44DCE2AD2261@microsoft.com... ...