can't save word files

I am not able to save my work in microsoft word (office pro 2003). I am
getting a message saying that i don't have enough memory, but I do have ample
memory at leats 7 Gb. I have tried detect and repair but to no avail.
Thanks in advance.

7GB of memory? Are you sure you don't mean hard drive space?

"RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I am not able to save my work in microsoft word (office pro 2003). I am
: getting a message saying that i don't have enough memory, but I do have
ample
: memory at leats 7 Gb. I have tried detect and repair but to no avail.
: Thanks in advance.

0
Tom
5/3/2010 8:11:50 PM
Have you tried to copy and paste the text into a new document and tried to
save that way? Can you save that .doc file as a .txt file? Have you shutdown
your computer and restarted it? Have you cleared your temporary Internet
files? Start with those things and see what happens. It is also possible you
can have a corrupt Office profile.

"RS" wrote:

> I am not able to save my work in microsoft word (office pro 2003). I am
> getting a message saying that i don't have enough memory, but I do have ample
> memory at leats 7 Gb. I have tried detect and repair but to no avail.
> Thanks in advance.

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word.
how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:23:02 -0800, shawn <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. Open the Find dialog, leave the "Find what" box empty, and press Ctrl+U to turn on the underlining format to search for. Click the Find Next button. If you need to find double underlining, press Ctrl+Shift+D instead of Ctrl+U. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all...

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Problmes with full migration from Word and Excel 2003 to 2007
A while back I installed Office 2007 but left Word 2003 and Excel 2003 as the default programs for opening doc and xls files. A number of months later I made 2007 the default for both, but left the 2003 programs on the system. The changed default worked fine for Word 2007. Occasionally, the default for xls files would get reset to Excel 2003 for no apparent reason. I finally removed Word 2003 and Excel 2003 programs altogether. (Still have Access 2003 and OneNote 2003 since I don’t 2007 versions of those). I think I have some kind of overhang from my stepped approach to mig...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Trying to display Chinese SimSun font in Word X
I have a Word document where part of the document is in the Chinese font SimSun. It opens perfectly in Mac Office 2008 on my computer. I need to have someone else work on this document. They have a really old Mac running Mac Office X. They have installed the SimSun font and it appears to be active in the system. If they open the document in Word X the SimSun characters just appear as lines. If they open a new document and select SimSun as the font and type they get standard Roman characters. I have never really worked with a non-Roman character set before and am not sure what else to ...

Word as Email Editor #9
I have a user on a stand-alone Win XP/ Office 2K system who all of a sudden can no longer use Word as his email editor. I found KB article 223934, (link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223934) but this involves people who haven't completely removed Word 97 - that is NOT a factor on this system. Does anyone out there know any other reason why the message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." would come up? Thanks, -Monica, Dallas amethystm@hotmai...

Personal macros file
I keep a number of blocks of code in my personal.xls startup file just to have them readily at hand and perform routine tasks more quickly (and sometimes to save bits that were hard to figure out how to do). My company has chosen a somewhat chaotic approach to transitioning staff/depts from Excel 2003 to 2007, resulting in my needing to have both application versions on my PC at the same time. Believe me, I KNOW this is not recommended. So, here is my question. I've succeeded in creating one personal.xls file in my startup folder that opens for either application - though...

Attachments Opening as Read Only File
Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does not happen to any other file attachment. Support says Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been corrected? I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed???? "Reed" wrote: > Whenever I open a Word, Excel, or Powerpoint email > attachment, the file opens up as "read only"; this does > not happen to any other file attachment. Support says > Microsoft is aware of this problem - has it been > corrected? > ...