Can not save or save as in word 2007 HELP!

I can't save in Word 2007 every time I hit the save or save as button nothing
happens. when I x out of the document it askes me if I want to save any
changes, I hit yes and still nothing. I have uninstalled office and still
nothing changes once a reinstall the programs. I have seen some salutions
like Renaming/deleting the Data key, but I don't know where to go to delete
the key. Can someone help me and break it down Barney style....

With Word (and Outlook) closed. From Windows>Start>Run type Regedit in the
dialog box and press enter. The registry editor will open. In the left
window expand the tree and look for
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data
Right click the word Data and select Rename. Rename it to OldData
Close the registry editor
Restart Word.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Baron" <Baron @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't save in Word 2007 every time I hit the save or save as button
>nothing
> happens. when I x out of the document it askes me if I want to save any
> changes, I hit yes and still nothing. I have uninstalled office and still
> nothing changes once a reinstall the programs. I have seen some salutions
> like Renaming/deleting the Data key, but I don't know where to go to
> delete
> the key. Can someone help me and break it down Barney style....

0
Graham

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Help with repair workshop, IF statement, returning FALSE
Hi I am trying to set up a basic stock control for a repair workshop. However, I cannot figure out what is wrong with this formula: =IF(H10>=10 <=25,"Stock OK",IF(H10<=10,"Re-order!!", IF(H10=0,"? or no stock",IF(H10>25,"Stock Excellent!")))) The H Column refers to a cell that subtracts 'stock in' (column f) from 'stock out'(column g). The column is called stock balance. I get the following errors; I keep getting a 'FALSE' on a number that is between 10 and 24. i want it to return 're-order'. And the IF H1...

Bulk attachments

Upgrade to Exchange 2007
We are planning on moving to Exchange 2007 in the next few months. We have a new server for this, and it will only be a one exchange server enviroment. We want the new server to have the same computer name as the current Exchange server, for naming purpose we will call it MAIL on the forum. I have read about problems renaming an exchange server. I wanted to know if this has been made easier for 2007, and what the best practice for doing this is. We want the smoothest transition possible to the new server, eagerly waiting replies. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:36:00 -0800, Synapse120 <...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Can't delete email #2

backtick saving bug
Description: Internet Explorer 8 Save To Disk damages documents with backticks in attribute values. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a HTML document containing the code <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="`" DISABLED > 2. Open the document in Microsoft Internet Explorer. 3. Tell Microsoft Internet Explorer to save the document to disk as bare HTML using ISO encoding. 4. Open the saved document in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Expected result: 4. The saved page should display the same content as the original page. Actual result: 4. The saved page displays...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

FE/BE migration help !
Hi all, Need a bit of direction if possible. I have a single server Exchange Admin group.. running Exchange Ent 2003 sp2 on Win 2003 sp1 ... This single server is configured with SSL, FBA, ActiveSync(push) etc... What I would like to do is move all the mailboxes etc.. to a new Exchange cluster I have setup and make the current server a Front End server .. since all the clients and OWA users are already pointed to it. My question is what is the best migration path to do this... The mailbox part is obviously not difficult since I have already tested moving mailboxes to the new clu...

Can not archive

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Looking for Excel Help