Best practice for setting default font settings in Word 2007

Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to
change the default font settings in Word 2007?  For example, if I wanted to
change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push
this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word 2003?
 Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and
themes?

Thanks so much!

I am not sure how you did it in Word 2003, but in either case, I would not
rely on customizing the Normal.dot template.  You should create separate
templates for your company documents that are configured with the Styles
that you want to be used and then distribute those to your users.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Mariann" <Mariann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to
> change the default font settings in Word 2007?  For example, if I wanted
> change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push
> this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word
> 2003?
> Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and
> themes?
>
> Thanks so much!

0
Doug
4/29/2010 2:40:54 AM
Thanks, Doug - would you use style sets then since they are saved as separte
templates along with the document defaults?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> I am not sure how you did it in Word 2003, but in either case, I would not
> rely on customizing the Normal.dot template.  You should create separate
> templates for your company documents that are configured with the Styles
> that you want to be used and then distribute those to your users.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Mariann" <Mariann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to
> > change the default font settings in Word 2007?  For example, if I wanted
> > change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push
> > this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word
> > 2003?
> > Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and
> > themes?
> >
> > Thanks so much!

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

make a conditional format the default
I have a conditional format that highlights the protected ( locked) cells in a different colour. How can I save this format as the default format to be used automatically when I start a new worksheet regards fred from south africa -- Think of the trees - use both sides of the computer paper Hi Fred, See response to your post lat week: http://tinyurl.com/6l8pz --- Regards, Norman "Fred Evans" <fred@polyflexseals.co.za> wrote in message news:cov6p0$se1$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > > I have a conditional format that highlights the protected ( locked) ce...

Money 2007 Crashing After Request for Account Updates
Hi, my first time here, please help. I installed money 2007 deluxe and it worked perfectly for the first couple of weeks. I had to reinstall my operating system, office and explorer and when I reinstalled Money it crashes everytime I request automatic Account updates. I tried deactivating all the accounts and tried one by one including the msn server (for currency) and it crashes in all cases. Any ideas welcomed? please help! ...

No answer so I'm reposting (1 of 2): Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from Word
I have a number of Visio drawings that I've inserted into a Word document, using Edit>>Copy Drawing in Visio then Paste Special (selecting Microsoft Visio Drawing Object and Paste Link). When I compile a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7, some of the Visio drawings lose their text (all of it). The text is there in the Word document, just doesn't come through when I create the PDF<arggh> Anyone got any ideas or cures?? Thanks Mike On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:40:42 -0600, "Mike Starr" <mike@writestarr.com> wrote: >I have a number of Visio drawings tha...

Automatically setting User account and exchange server
Hi All, How would I go about setting up possibly a login script that can automatically set up users account name and exchange server. I haven't really come accross what I'm after yet and was hopeing someone here would have an answer. Basically when a new user or a user with an outbox already; logs onto a different (or there first) machine that when they open outlook 2003 they have the settings for the server hosting exchange and thier user name automatically entered so that they don't need to contact us to have it sorted out. Thanks! Microsoft uses text files with a .prf exten...

error C4430: missing type specifier
Hi, I have a compile error like this: error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int Could any body tell me the root cause for this error, thanks a lot! -ja I can't help but think this error is associated with some line in your source code. How can we tell you what's wrong without seeing that line? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "ja" <josndrsn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oxz1kWN8GHA.1496@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a compile error like this:...

synchronizing folders\Outlook 2007
I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium and it seems every time I go to Send\Receive mail the synchronizing icon in my system tray appears. Normal ... or not? Thanks, DH Dave Horne <davehorne@home.nl> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium and it seems every > time I go to Send\Receive mail the synchronizing icon in my system > tray appears. > > Normal ... or not? Thanks, DH Normal -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uCPYSFoPIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Setting Text Color In CComboBox list control
I need to set the text color of the items in a CComboBox list control based upon each value or an associate value. Can I do this within the CComboBox code or do I need to subclass the CListCtrl with my own class that overrides DrawItem, OnCtlColor or something along those lines? Thanks much Eric Make it owner-draw. Do whatever you want. Check out the DrawItem code for my Logging Listbox control on my MVP Tips site; a combo box is for all practical purposes completely identical (actually, I've used the same code in both contexts with no change). OnCtlColor will not help you as it a...

Turn off default "arrange by \ show in groups" in outlook 2007
Hi, How can I turn off the default "arrange by \ show in groups" in outlook 2007 ? Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel Use the method here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm to disable it on all mail folders at once. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

MAPI error, BES, and Exch 2007
I'm trying to get blackberry enterprise server working with Exchange 2007. Yes, I know its not supported... This wasn't my bright idea. After spending entirely too much time on the phone with blackberry support, they say my problem is a version conflict of mapi32.dll's on the exch 2007 box and the BES box. The problem is, I'm unable to register the updated mapi version from the BES box on the E2007 box. I'm guessing this has something to do with the 64-bit system, but am not sure. Also, there is a mapi32.dll on the E2007 box in a C:\windows\SysWOW64 folder in addi...

Default distributions #2
Hello, I want to modify default distributions account for A/R transaction as I want. How can I customize it ? Thanks, ...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

User Setable Default Value for Field
On a subform, one of the fields is for recording the page number from paper forms. I'd like the user to be able to quickly set the default value (Integer) during data entry. I had no trouble making Command Buttons for "Page 1", "Page 2", and "Page 3", but now the paper data is coming in with more than 3 pages, and I'm trying to revamp the buttons to simply have one button for "+1" and one button for "-1". But the VBA code is giving me fits. I've tried this: Me.Form![sfrmIvDetail].Controls![txtPage].DefaultValue = (Me.Form![sfrmI...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Windows File Explorers could allow fonts face and color changes.
When I look at the desktop, I sometimes wish I could sort my files and folders. I imagine a system of boxes or cells to group items. The Desktop would look like a table of cells and the user would be able to put for example all the work files & folders in a cell, all the personal files&folders in another cell. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

Default font never happens
I tried using many ways including selecting text then from format/font dialog box to set as default font; selecting the box and then setting the font but of no avail. After inserting a new slide or after opening a new file the default font happens to be Arial. Then why is the option in Fonts dialog box given "Default for new objects"? Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or this setting never works? Please guide me. Thanks "Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#jq4iovrKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I tried using many ways ...

Setting up Exchange 2003
I had this problem the other day while extending the schema in preparation for an upgrade to Exchange 2003. I searched through a lot of databases and search engines, and found that a lot of people have had this problem, but none of the forums led to a clear cut answer to the issue. So, I thought I'd share my solution to try and help others out, and save them some time and frustration. I was ready to call Microsoft support right before I figured this out. While running forest prep (setup /forestprep), setup failed with Error code 0XC103798A. It then specified to check the Exchange inst...

Exchange 2010 edge server and 2007 HT server
Hi, Does anyone know whether an Exchange 2010 edge server can work with a 2007 HT server with regards an edge subscription? There will probably not be any 2010 HT servers in the org for a while. We are looking into moving to a TMG ISA server with the 2010 HT server installed on it. Thanks. Andrew. Good question. This article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd346708.aspx#ESD seems to say that you can use an Exchange 2007 Hub Transport server in edge synchronization with an Exchange 2010 Edge server but you won't get all of the new Edge 2010 features. -- ...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Auto Set PO to Release
Has anyone attempted to set up PO's to autoset to release when you submit them rather than either printing them or maunally changing the status? -- Ken Chilton MIS Manager/Inventory Control Ken wrote: > Has anyone attempted to set up PO's to autoset to release when you submit > them rather than either printing them or maunally changing the status? > -- > Ken Chilton > MIS Manager/Inventory Control This feature was built for business rules and the assumption is that a PO is a contract and if you have not printed it ...it's not released. There may be an option for ...

how to set height of <textarea> element dynamically using xslt?

Office 2007 compatible
Hi, We are currently running Great Plains 9.0 and we are going to be upgrading to office 2007, just wondering if this is compatible or if we need a patch? -- Thanks Magster We've been running GP 9.0 with Office 2007 for a while with no issues. Also have plenty of customers doing the same with no reported problems. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Magster1" <Magster1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:609D2FA5-E634-49...

set control's property at runtime
Why there's no "visible" and "caption" properties for the class of some dialog controls? How to set the visibility and caption of dialog's controls at runtime? For example, the visibility and caption of a button control couldn't be set at runtime as there's no "visible" and "caption" property for CButton class. Thanks in advance. yabing you can use SetWindowText(csCaption) method to change the Caption of any window like wise use ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) for changing the visibility of any window. CWnd is the base class for all the ...

Problem with Space indent settings in Word 2002
Hello everyone, For the longest time I've been living with this problem, where as I'll be typing along just fine and when the text gets to the end of the line at the set margin, it Returns down normally to the next line down to continue whatever I'm typing. However, if I go Home to the beginning of a written line and want to move it in a few spaces using the Space bar, the line won't move forward. Tab will move it forward but that's too far forward. I just want a couple spaces or however many I need to indent at a given moment. How do I tun off whatever it is...

Can't set up Outlook
I have tried and tried to set up Outlook but always get the following (paraphrased): "Setting up Welcome." When that goes away, it says, "Can't find server. Must be connected to Internet." Then, "Checking name." It just won't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, State what you have done up until now. A new installation of Outlook does not do this unless you changed something. You appear to have configured Outlook with a transport that is not valid. What did you do? Specify your Outlook version when you post a question. -- Russ Val...