autocorrect/format spaces between sentences

Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces between
sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
automatically do it.

There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between sentences.
This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
function to add them later.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
> there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
> between
> sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
> break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
> automatically do it.

0
Graham
3/10/2010 3:08:11 PM
I get paid by the character, including spaces.......

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between sentences.
> This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
> adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
> function to add them later.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
> > there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
> > between
> > sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
> > break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
> > automatically do it.
>

> .

So you admit to padding your work to jack up your fees?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

>I get paid by the character, including spaces.......
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between
>> sentences.
>> This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
>> adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
>> function to add them later.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
>> > between
>> > sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each
>> > sentence
>> > break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
>> > automatically do it.
>>

>> .

0
Suzanne
3/10/2010 4:58:13 PM
A number of colleges, universities and other institutions require two
spaces between sentences.  There is a way to have speech to text put in
two spaces.  I just had to find out how for my dissertation.  I now need
to figure out how to turn it off.  If I find it I will try to post it
here.

I would also say that there is not full consensus about whether a
puctuation mark followed by one space is sufficient to signal a new
sentence. There are many exceptions to the "period one-space" sentence
signal.  You can find lots of discussion on it elsewhere.

Dr. W. C. Wiseley

--
cwiseley
cwiseley's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1983

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
cwiseley

have to format URL
hi using 2007 When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then have to make it a hyperlink why is this? -- Martin ���� What format is the email you're sending? Also, many times the receiving email program will turn URL-like text into clickable URLs anyway. "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:36kue4trp7vt2e3a87sq91vgeigi2j4ek8@4ax.com... > hi > using 2007 > When I paste a url into an e-mail it comes in as plain text and I then > have to make it a hyperlink > why is this? what are you doing to make it a hyperlink? at most,...

Formatting problem
I am trying to 'improve' the formatting of a workbook containing many sheets. My basic problem is this. The person who set up the sheets didn't use text wrap. Once they got to the end of a line (when typing text) they went onto a new row. They then tried to put borders round the cells but missed out many cells. The result is a total mess - odd borders everywhere and text spread over many cells. I am trying to improve the design. I am trying to put a whole paragraph in one cell but this is extremely time consuming. It involves cutting the text from each row and pasting it to the en...

Conditional Formatting 02-15-10
I have a date field (birthdates) in column B In column A I do math on that date field to arrive at age (Today()-C3)/365) - (Not very accurate but works for my needs) I would like Column A to be conditionally formatted based on the Date (month and day) in Column B. I want the text to turn RED if we are approaching X number of days before that date (say 45). How can I do this? Thanks Dave On Feb 15, 8:13=A0am, "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote: > I have a date field (birthdates) in column B > In column A I do math on that date field to arrive at ag...

number format #5
number format in excel is normally with "thousand(000)" separators which gives in millions and thousands for e.g 1,123,456(one million one hundred and twentythous and four hundred and fiftysix) In India we have a term called "lakh" which is 11,23,456. (eleven lakhs twentythree thousand and four hundred and fiftysix) This means no. of digits for separators are in 3 and 2 from right to left. In regional setting It appears you can have only one number in digit separators and not two variable separators. custom format also does not help. any solutions. numbers should rema...

How to export a query to then xml-format file via VBA?
Hi. I would like to transfer my access query to xml-format, but how can I do it via VBA automatically? hanski ...

Temporary formatting??? #2
Hi I am using a database in Notes. Now while i realize that lotus is th devil, and that it is worlds apart from excel, I am better than averag at excel and often the solutions to problems in excel lead me to th solutions in lotus. so this question I have to update the aforementioned database quite often, and wa wondering if there is a condition format which is applied to =DATE + 3 (or something to that extent) IOW, I input the new information, and it stays the formatted color fo 30 days then changes to the default text settings or drops the formul away entirely any leads will be greatly apprec...

Calendar Formatting
I am using Publisher 2003 to create a monthly calendar that I would like to print in ladscape mode. The days of the calendar has text that discribe what will be happening on that day. Is there a way to one, change the format of the text for all days of the calendar at once and two, change the dimensions of the boxes for each day so they are all of the same height and width at once? In other words I would like to change the properties of one of the days of the week and apply those same properties to the rest of the days of the week on the calendar without having to change the properties ...

Font Format in Axis Labels
Is there a way to format font in axis labels? Like Bold, 12pt, Red "Phil Hageman" <PhilHageman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C37738-83BB-45CA-9482-87060B0F5359@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format font in axis labels? Like Bold, 12pt, Red Yes. Format Axis, and then the Font tab. -- David Biddulph Hi, If you want to format specific parts of the axis labels you will have to create the labels yourself. See Jon's examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#ArbAxis Cheers Andy Phil Hageman wrote: > Is there a way to for...

I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,
I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped. I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in all typing situations, including here. You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the shortcut key that you pressed to enable it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft M...

format cells that will show the data in parenthesis
I would like to format some cells that I put data into to be in ( ) Parentesis.. How do I do this? An example would have been very useful. Assuming it's negative numbers you want to parenthesize, use a custom format of: #,##0.00;(#,##0.00) Regards, Fred "Hoop" <Hoop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F809EA-4095-421E-A77C-F4E8DAD85005@microsoft.com... >I would like to format some cells that I put data into to be in ( ) > Parentesis.. How do I do this? ...

Format Options for Integers
Currently, all integers in MSCRM ar formatted to show a comma. This is problematic in many scenarios. will the next release include the option to format Integers with/without commas (field level)? --Dodd ...

Autocorrect
I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar the previous word will be capitalized. Again, any suggestions how to do this? I tried and what i see is that only the fir...

enhanced conditional formatting
i want a conditional formatting system that is not limited like the current one. currently i can only set 3 conditions and the formating settings for each condition being true in the following scenario i would require 6 conditions that would require the values of more than 1 row/column to be of a specific value to create the desire effect. they are as follows: 1) if drivable is = yes and elapsed between 0 and 6 cell shadow green 2) if drivable is = no and elapsed between 0 and 3 cell shadow green 3) if drivable is = yes and elapsed between 6 and 9 cell shadow orange 4) if drivable is = no...

default cell format
Is there a way to set a "global" cell format such that when I enter a date, it's automatically set to the format I like to have, without having to re-format every cell? I'm not familiar with the newest versions of Excel, but I expect the process is similar to EXCEL97 with which I'm familiar. Construct a spread sheet with the desired format and save it in the Template directory as "CustomDate.xlt" On my machine, Microsoft's installation program placed those templates in the directory: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates" Subsequent...

Autocorrection bug in PowerPoint
Using PowerPoint for Mac v.10.1.5 Swedish on iMac OS 10.3 - Whenever I write letters "f�" (f plus scandinavian letter o with two dots above) autocorrection adds a dot behind each letter - also when I type a space behind the last letter. I can't change it where I normally change or add autocorrections. - The problem does not appear in MS Word. - Suggestions anybody? ...

Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell
In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office 2003. I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any change. You need to post your conditional format formula. "Cashius War eagle" <Cashius War eagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD77C591-4752-40FC-A52A-0898CA404F4E@microsoft.com... > In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate > reffe...

Conditional format #22
I am making a training schedule, and I need a bit of help. In each workbook, I have 12 sheets 1 for each month. Let’s say Joe is up for retraining on March 1. In cell C46 of every month I have his due date of March 31. The way I have it working right now is if 30 days prior and the training is still not done, the cell with the training date in it (C46) turns yellow. If it expires it goes red. What I would like it to do, is if 30 days prior the training is not done I would like it to turn Cells A1-A30 B1-B30 C1-C30 yellow. If it expires I would like the same cells to turn red. Is this p...

Date Formats for Cells Do not match System Date Formats
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just loaded Office 2008 and then update to the latest update 12.2.4 <br> I have my system preferences set to Australia for date and time using the date format dd/mm/yyyy. But in Excel when I open the format cell dialogue and select date the only formats available for selection are in the mm/dd/yyyy formats. When I checked in &quot;Numbers&quot; the dd/mm/yyyy format is used so &quot;Numbers&quot; is picking up the system preference why not the excel. Did you by any chance have ...

Convert string into XML format

Formating numbering in Publisher
Hello I am trying to change some bullet poins into a numbered list. So I put my cursor at the start of the line of text, and press the numbered list icon. It turns it into a numbered list, which is what I want it to do (as I go to each line I have to start the numbering at the next number in sequence, but that is fine) The trick is though, sometimes the numbers are bold, sometimes the numbers are normal. How can I make them all bold or all normal (The text is all normal) Thanks so much!!! Bosley wrote: > Hello > I am trying to change some bullet poins into a numbered list. So I &...

Formatting text
Is there a way to make sure all names in a column have the first letter upper case, and all other letters lower case? I believe you can in Access, but couldn't find the same option in Excel 2002. -- amab19 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ amab19's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29730 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=554419 =Proper(A1) Will turn first letter to a capital -- Saruman --------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Out...

more than 3 conditions in conditional formatting
Is it possible to have more than 3 conditions using conditional formatting? I am dealing with text and not numbers which makes it a little harder to manipulate. I want up to 10 conditions. Can anyone advise? Cheers, rob There is a tool on the net called CFPlus which lets you use loads. Try out www.xlDynamic.com "rob curtis" wrote: > Is it possible to have more than 3 conditions using conditional formatting? > > I am dealing with text and not numbers which makes it a little harder to > manipulate. I want up to 10 conditions. > > Can anyone advise? Chee...

Mail is received in Plain text even formatted and sent in HTML
Hi, MS Outlook is automated to send out an email in HTML but when the email is received from MS Outlook it is in plain text. The email in Sent items is in HTML format. If an email is created from MS Outlook itself(not programmetically) in HTML and sent, when received it is in HTML format. Following is the configuration of this computer - Windows 2003 enterprise edition x64 - MS Outlook 2007 with excahnge server - Logged on to the server using a Cirtix session - Default email application of Windows is set to MS Outlook In a Windows 2003 standard edition x64, with MS Outlook 2...

Can one save Autocorrect settings?
I have had the need to reformat my hard disk several times, and reinstall Office. Every time I do that I loose my Autocorrect settings! Is there a way to save - say to a floppy - my settings so I don't have to try to remember what terms I used before? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dana DeLouis wrote a couple of macros to transfer AutoCorrect entries. The first one dumps them onto a worksheet. You can check them there. Copy the workbook to the...

Format or Erase DVD/CD
Unable to fully format or erase Any programs in the net I can use? TIA Erase a CD or DVD: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD JMed wrote: > Unable to fully format or erase > Any programs in the net I can use? > > TIA Leroy thank you But I use this method and it never fully erases my DVD or CD "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eTfBNJexKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Erase a CD or DVD: > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD > > JMed wrote: >>...