Autocorrect file?

How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running
Windows 7, to another machine?  I can't locate the file.  I have done this
before when running XP.

Unformatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in an *.acl file (a separate file for
each language installed). It should be in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Office folder.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tobodoc" <tobodoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running
> Windows 7, to another machine?  I can't locate the file.  I have done this
> before when running XP.

0
Stefan
5/18/2010 5:33:51 PM
Read this article on the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926927
--
S.V.C.

"tobodoc" wrote:

> How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running
> Windows 7, to another machine?  I can't locate the file.  I have done this
> before when running XP.

Why do I get "Publisher cannot open that file" on all files I sav.
All the new files I save, and previous files I created, I can't re-open again after saving them. I re-installed the program again, it was no help. I'm using Publisher 2003. I made sure it is saving them as "Publisher files". Help, please! Are you on a PC? If so, locate the folder all your .PUB files are in. Right click on one of the *.pub files, click on open with, and see if the Publisher icon shows up. If not, find your way to the MSPUB.EXE file and tell your PC to use that file to open up your *.pub programs. See if that works first. If not.....you may be doomed...

OST file location bug
Here's how to bring Outlook 2003 to its knees: 1. Configure Outlook 2003 to use Cached Exchange Mode. Use the default location for the OST file, and roaming profiles. 2. Allow a user to log on at a dozen or so computers. 3. Have the user get married, take her husband's last name, and request that her user name be changed to reflect this. 4. Watch the fun that ensues every time she tries to run Outlook 2003 on a computer she didn't log onto while single, when Outlook looks for her OST file in C:\Documents and Settings\<MaidenName>\Local Settings\Application Data\Micro...

Recipients seeing different files
Hi Two recipients are being send the same email with an attachement. one says .pdf (compressed), and this opens up the file straight away. The other recipient gets a zip file and has to open the zip, then the file They are both on outlook 2002, Any ideas what could be causing the change? Any help would be great Are the two recipients on the same receiving mail server? If not, I would think that there is a server side solution installed that zips attachments as they are received/sent. /neo ps - there are programs that integrate with outlook 2000-2003 that does the same thing. Quic...

Importing file in to MS Access Table
Hello, I am a new user of MS Access and is completely new to this forum as well. I am looking for some help on my first application in access that I am designing. I am creating an MS Access 2003 application with VBA in front end and MS access database at the backend. I have a database in my table called employees and I would like to save a pdf or a doc file in the resume field of each employee record. I tried to upload the file using DAO but it only saves the file name as BLOB in the resume field inside the table and not its content. Can someone please advise me w...

Autocorrect
I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar the previous word will be capitalized. Again, any suggestions how to do this? I tried and what i see is that only the fir...

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Paperport files
Anyone know of a program that can convert Paperport .max files to one of the more common formats, i.e., gif, png, bmp, wmf etc? Occasionally, I have the need to put a Paperport image into a Publication. I have the free Paperport viewer but it doesn't offer a way to "Save as..." to another format. Publisher 2000, Paint Shop Pro 9 and Infanview 4 don't seem to be able to make the conversion. -- Don Vancouver, USA Workaround... View the image in the .max viewer, then PrtScn, the open a new file in your image editor and Ctrl+V to paste it in there. The crop edit..and...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

Intersting issue regarding msg files
I have a client using Outlook 2003. Scenario: 1. Client creates a message (default format is HTML) and saves it as a draft. 2. Client then drags and drops message from draft folder into a network location. File has .msg extension. 3. Another user then double clicks on the msg file, and makes some live changes to it and then clicks SEND 4. Message is sent but none of the changes were made. The client used to do this with Outlook Express and never had a problem. Now that they are using Outlook 2003 this problem has surfaced. Any ideas? TIA KIWI ...

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...

Change file selection from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)"
Hi all: When I do a mail merge, I merge data to a Word Template (.dot) file, not a Word (.doc) file. So, every time I want to do a merge I have to remember to change the file selection filter from "Word Documents (*.doc)" to "All files (*.*)". Is there any way to change this to make "All files (*.*) the default? Thanks! -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "Fred Boer" <fredboer@NOyahoo...

excel attemps to repair files with macros and then crashes
Office XP installed on a Dell. Computer using windows XP professional. Local network. When opening excel files with macros the program attempts to repair the files and in doing so they become corrupted. The opened files are useless. Excel crashes sometimes Other computers running same version of Excel are able to open the same files without problem. Excel has visual basic running. Opening of excel files without formulas works without a problem. Access also does not open.. all updates to excel have been downloaded. ...

transfer a page to another file
Is there a way to transfer a page from one publisher file to another. thanks Copy, paste... You can have any number of Publisher documents open, you can drag and drop too. If you have 2007 there is this utility PubCat v1.0.0.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:S%AUi.447957$xp6.309362@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is there a way to transfer a page from one publisher file to another. > > than...

What is meant by "select the range" when saving data to a dBase file.
I need to work with and convert data back and forth in both Excel .xls and .dbf format. Sometimes I can save the data from .xls to .dbf and other times I can't (very frustrating). According to Article 31817 from the Knowledge Base I "must define a database on the worksheet before I save it in the dBase file format." What does this mean and how do I do this? Also, in the Workaround it says in paragraph 1. On the Microsoft Excel worksheet, select "the range" that contains the database. Again what does this mean and how do I do this? I have tried using the M...

Autocorrection bug in PowerPoint
Using PowerPoint for Mac v.10.1.5 Swedish on iMac OS 10.3 - Whenever I write letters "f�" (f plus scandinavian letter o with two dots above) autocorrection adds a dot behind each letter - also when I type a space behind the last letter. I can't change it where I normally change or add autocorrections. - The problem does not appear in MS Word. - Suggestions anybody? ...

Excel file types?
Greetings all. I am using OPENROWSET in SQL Server 2000 to access an Excel file in a folder on our server. The file is stored there by any one of several users, and it comes from a report on one of our websites by hitting an export to Excel button. On some users machines, when you hit the button, the file opens up at which point they have to save it from the File menu within Excel, choosing Excel as the file type. When this happens, the file is around 400 KB, and OPENROWSET can access it no problem. However, on some users machines, when they hit the export to Excel button, r...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

problem Associate File Extensions with a Custom application
I created appropriate registry entries(shell\open\command) . my simple application lunching with that particular extension . problem 1 how i can handle that particular file from my application?(how get file name as well as where i can handle ) problem2 when i tried with big application (liking with so many dll and other files) it is crashing, i believe this may be happening due to dependency.how i can solve(as shortcut's "start in" option, is there any option here) if i did mistake please correct me.. zidansoft@gmail.com wrote: > I created appropriate registry entries...

What control is best to use when displaying a url to a jpg file
Hi I have a string that is representing a url to a jpg file and the image to this file should be displayed in a suitable control. What control do you recomment to use ? //Tony On Apr 18, 4:37=A0pm, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders...@telia.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have a string that is representing a url to a jpg file and the image to > this file should be displayed in a suitable control. > What control do you recomment to use ? > > //Tony This may help... http://www.vcskicks.com/image-from-url.php Regards, Pasan Indeewara ...

Renaming files and cells
Hi I have to create a macro for an excel sheet I have: column A - a string (AA-001-06, for example) column B - empty column C - a link to a pdf file I have to rename the file linked in column C with the name contained in column A (it will be AA-001-06.pdf) create a link to the new file in column B suggestions? if possible, i'd like to leave the old file as is, to have both oldfile.pdf and AA-001-06.pdf, although it's the same pdf file. Also, can it be done by selecting some cells to execute this macro on instead of doing it for the whole sheet? Thanks! Depending on your situa...

Minimilistic XML file for Word
Does anyone know what the least amount of XML information needed to make a Word document? Rather than create a Word document using the Word object model, I would like to create a text file that contains XML tags that Word can interpret as a Word document and fill in the missing information. John... Visio MVP You have to make a package - a single text file doesn't cut it. The minimum is pretty basic - off the top of my head you need a [Content_Types].xml file and a _rels/.rels file, along with the document itself, which needs little more than <document><body&...

money data file continusly updating
Anyone know why my money data file is always updating ? The file date and time are always set to the current date and time even if I haven't been in money for several days. Is there a background task doing this? If so can I disable it? thanks in advance. Do you use Money Express (the little thing in the SysTray)? Money Side (the stupid thing next to an IE window)? Background Banking? "Doug Crocker" <dcrocker@newsNOSPAMguy.com> wrote in message news:6lpb009c9e352e3cncg15ceha2vjeq75eg@4ax.com... > Anyone know why my money data file is always updating ? The file dat...

Maximum Excel File Size
All Does anyone know the maximum file sixe for Excel workbooks (in MBs)? I can't find anything on the Web about this question. I am working on a file that is 87MB and rising ... Thanks, Memory Hog see http://www.DecisionModels.com/memlimitsc.htm and associated pages. hth Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm "Memory Hog" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:124d301c3c032$73946a30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > All > > Does anyone know the maximum file sixe ...