Auto-Editing

Word 2003 has a very annoying default.  It assumes too much!  If I reformat a
few words in a document, it changes the entire document to that formatting.
Grr-rrr-r!  I have to constantly press undo to get what I want.  I know
there's a feature that's causing this annoyance but I can't find it to turn
it off!  Can anyone help, please?

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2003 has a very annoying default.  It assumes too much!  If I
> reformat a
> few words in a document, it changes the entire document to that
> formatting.
> Grr-rrr-r!  I have to constantly press undo to get what I want.  I know
> there's a feature that's causing this annoyance but I can't find it to
> turn
> it off!  Can anyone help, please?

0
Stefan
11/25/2009 6:23:23 PM
Thank you very much.  I would've never have thought to look at the
format/style part.  Connie

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Word 2003 has a very annoying default.  It assumes too much!  If I
> > reformat a
> > few words in a document, it changes the entire document to that
> > formatting.
> > Grr-rrr-r!  I have to constantly press undo to get what I want.  I know
> > there's a feature that's causing this annoyance but I can't find it to
> > turn
> > it off!  Can anyone help, please?
>

> .

I'm glad I could help.

--

> Thank you very much.  I would've never have thought to look at the
> format/style part.  Connie
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Word 2003 has a very annoying default.  It assumes too much!  If I
>> > reformat a
>> > few words in a document, it changes the entire document to that
>> > formatting.
>> > Grr-rrr-r!  I have to constantly press undo to get what I want.  I know
>> > there's a feature that's causing this annoyance but I can't find it to
>> > turn
>> > it off!  Can anyone help, please?
>>

>> .

0
Stefan

Auto Filter problem

Editing Views
While it is possible to edit the views for some entities, it has come to my attention that editing views suh as 'history' within an entity is not possible (or at least easily accessible), and doesnt simply follow the format as laid out by the user for 'Activities'. Does anyone know a way to edit this view, as I would like to add some fields to this view. Also, is there any way to change the status of some read-only entities so that one can alter the display name of attributes. This would also help in regards to views, as some of our employees wish for attributes to have...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Auto correct or Auto complete

OWA auto login

Auto look through subfolders

Auto date

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Problems accessing FTP sites with Vist Home edition with IE7
So, had bought a new laptop, with Vista on it for work on job sites to transmit data and info and oics back to the office FTP site. But, can't access ftp sites for what ever reason. Is this something with Vista or IE7 thats part of this great software? So the question really is; how can 1 access ftp sites using the new vista software that has IE7 on it? thanks, no computer whizz Hey Comp Whizz, You posted in the wrong newsgroup, but I'll help you out anyways. Don't use IE7 to connect to FTP sites. Use Windows Explorer and type the FTP site into the address bar. That's th...

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Auto change of Row number within Formulas
Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do the following Cell Resul A1 B1 1 A simple formula would be - sum(c(a1):c(b1)), where the result in this case would be the sum of cells c5:c10. Many thanks, Gle Hi Glen, Look at the INDIRECT() function in HELP -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "millarg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02302493-2C51-4CB9-9463-06523884BBD6@microsoft.com... > Good morning , I would much appreciate some help in creating a formula which would do ...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

How can I save Visio as Word to allow an edit in Word?
I have several flow diagrams that my national director wants saved in Word format so she can "play" with them. No matter the format I choose to save the files, no matter the times I save with a different file extension, the page always opens in Visio. Is there any way to save the files to allow editing in Word? I really don't want to have to do these all over again. And no, she has no intention of learning how to use Visio. Thanks! unfortunately her desire to edit them in word will go unfulfilled. al "Mollyb" <Mollyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

Outlook
My auot archiving is turned on and set to auto archive every 7 days. There are certain folders that do not auto archive even though all folder are set to use the default setting of 7 day. I'm not sure why some folders are not auto archiving. Please help. Archiving works on the modified date of the items, not the received or sent date. If you have accessed the item in the last 7 days, the modified date will be the date you last accessed the item and fall outside of your 7 days or older parameter. Try this - add the modified date to your folder and then sort by that date. You can see...

Auto fit contents
Auto fit (Row Height) works for a single column. It does not appear to work for merged culumns. Can auto fit row height be made to function for contents in merged columns ? -- Mucho Gusto Not without using VBA.. If interested see google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap in the URL which is all one line. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/2293ac4e6373c4d3/ca1c160cbeb27874?lnk=st&q=&rnum=4#ca1c160cbeb27874 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:05:01 -0800, Una Pregunta <UnaPre...

Auto-Reply to an open mailbox
I would like to set up a rule to auto-reply when two certain words are in the subject line, and not on my personal mailbox but on a secondary mailbox that my profile opens. For some reason the auto-reply isn't working. Any ideas? Simon The rule has to be written on the "secondary mailbox". In other words, rules in your Outlook account will not work for the other mailbox. You need to open the other mailbox in its own profile and write the rule for it there. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Simon" <simonanquetil@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b201c...

Missing Edit|Links Dialog Box
Hi, For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do I get it back? Thanks! correct email: jhsu914@cox.net >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via >Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do >I get it back? Thanks! >. > First attempt: Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog open) click on Edit rightclick on Links choose reset. close up that dialog and try it out. Second attempt: Tools|Customize|Toolbars Ta...