Appendices Struggles in Word 2007

I'm using Word 2007.
I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections for
display in the TOC. Each section starts with "#   Title." For example, the
third section displays as "3   Message Formats." The last two sections are
Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10   Appendix" and "11
Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B."
I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4
levels below this first headings) to work.
I've read through Shauna Kelly's very helpful "Numbering Appendices" page
and several others, they're written for Word 2003 and earlier, and I can't
figure out the comparable steps for 2007.
Suggestions?
Thanks so much!

The principle is the same; use a different heading style linked to a
different numbering level.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"BPB" <BPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Word 2007.
> I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections
> for
> display in the TOC. Each section starts with "#   Title." For example, the
> third section displays as "3   Message Formats." The last two sections are
> Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10   Appendix" and "11
> Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B."
> I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4
> levels below this first headings) to work.
> I've read through Shauna Kelly's very helpful "Numbering Appendices" page
> and several others, they're written for Word 2003 and earlier, and I can't
> figure out the comparable steps for 2007.
> Suggestions?
> Thanks so much!

0
Suzanne

How to create word style toolbar using MFC?
Hello All In MS Word, by default several toolbars are visible. Typically, each toolbar has several buttons, combo boxes etc. However, there are only few of them visible. There is an arrow button (usually on right end of the tool bar) clicking which a dialog consisting of other (non-visible) buttons shows up. This dialog also contains "Add Or Remove Buttons" menu item. The end user can use these to customise his toolbar. How to achieve this feature using an MFC toolbar? Does any of CToolBar, CToolBarCtrl, CReBar or CReBarCtrl or any other class provide such feature? Any help is appr...

Mac Office v.10 WORD X 10.1.7 and EXCEL X 10.1.6 FLASH AND CRASH on Opening!
I am on a PowerPC G4, using X v.10.4.10. after I tried to open an attachment in Excel to an email the identity screen would flash and then crash! The same thing happened when i tried to open a document in Word that is-stored on the desktop. the attachment should have been safe as it is class material and came from the Prof. Any suggestions please as to what to do? thank you, Victoria On 10/28/07 6:57 AM, in article 1193579835.110467.23190@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "2b4Charliethedog@gmail.com" <2b4Charliethedog@gmail.com> wrote: > I am on a PowerPC G4, using X v.1...

Input a signature into word document
How can I scan a copy of my signature and input it into a word document? Scan it, save it, insert it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gilty" <gilty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9650CF-BBA2-4A71-8D8B-5E6285E3ECA6@microsoft.com... > How can I scan a copy of my signature and input it into a word document? ...

Milo: Struggling with trying to create a 8.75 x 11.25 bleed page P
I've been trying all kinds of things with MSPublisher and Adobe Acrobat to create an 8.75 x 11.25 document so that the printer can truncate it to 8.5 x 11. I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a 1/8 border, but: 1) when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages because it exceeds 8.5x11 2) the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8 frame around and gives me just the document background color there. So it's not a true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of the backgr...

What is Word msg "check temp environ variable? How fix?
When i open up word, i receive the message "word could not creat the work file. Check the Temp environmental variable" What does that mean?? where do i go, how do i fix it??? It means that Word cannot write to the User temp folder to create its files there. Check out user temp folders in a forum associated to your particular operating system. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...

How do I get the sentence count in a word document?
-- Many thanks in advance best regards Ian Word Count provides a count of words, characters, lines, and paragraphs but not sentences. Although a macro can be written to get a rough count, Word can't necessarily distinguish between the period at the end of a sentence and the period following an abbreviation. There must be some algorithm, however, as the "readability statistics" are based to some extent on the number of words in the average sentence, I think. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word...

how to connect office 2007 excel, access windows 2000 server
I wish to connect Excel 2007, Access 2007 and was getting provider error. I tried to install Microsoft patch AccessDatabaseEngine.exe, but it is not supporting on Windows 2000, My server is of windows 2000. Plz anyone tell me how can I connect it. Hi, I think the only way - is to convert spreadsheet and database to 2003 format, then you can open it both in windows 2000 and office 2007 -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com <dubey.sachindra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9dba82eb-d026-4bbc-a651-5513662684c9@a3g2000prm.googleg...

integration microsoft crm 4.0-sharepoint server 2007
Hello, I searched information about integration microsoft crm 4.0 with sharepoint server 2007, but I didn't find something, I don't know if I can integrate that.. Can you tell me about that? Thanks!! yorleni_jimenez@yahoo.com Hi, Yes, you can get both integrated. You mostly need to work on MOSS side. Following blog is on CRM 3 and MOSS but it will give you pretty good idea; http://rehmangul.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/ms-crm-and-sharepoint-2007-integration/ -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MV...

Outlook 2007 arrange by settings
Hi, Is there any way to apply "Arrange By" settings to all folders. For settings such as deselecting "Group by" and hiding the preview header? Thanks, ED See this article - it also includes setting the default view for all folders: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ED asked: | Hi, | | Is there any way to apply "Arrange By"...

Recurring error in Word 2007
Hi, I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following recurring error: "Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus. Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated. Thank you. What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key = words therein.) The solution provided below, although it ...

Word wrapping in columns
Is there any way of changing the word wrapping so that it doesn't wrap mid-word and put a hyphen in? I only want it to wrap on whole words. Thanks Depending on which version of Publisher you are using, DE-selecting the option menu Tools/Options/Editing and User Options or Tools/Language/Hyphenation, DE-select Automatically Hyphenate This Story does not always function. Up to Publisher 2002 you actually have to copy the text in the Text Frame to the clipboard, then delete the existing Text Frame and then re-paste your text into the new Text Frame. -- Thanks for that it worked. I d...

Excel 2007 stopped working
I am experiencing problems with Excel 2007 This occurs each time I try to highlight cell content in colour I get a message stating Excel has stopped working, will try to recover your work etc. etc. The first time it happened windows took me to an important office update which I downloaded and installed but the problem persists. Anyone else come across this and more importantly, a solution ? Thanks in advance. Andy B ...

Struggling to get the report I need FOR MTG TOMORROW
I'm a new user and am lost when it comes to reports. And books/tutorials aren't helping. Here's what I want to produce on a report: All the tasks (in a one- or two-month period) for a particular resource in a calendar format. I need the tasks to list not only their start date, but the summary task they reference as well... Is that possible? 1) Make a copy of the Calendar View. (Views > More Views, Copy the Calendar View, and rename it). Apply the view. 2) Create a filter. (Project > Filtered For > More Filter). The syntax should look something like ...

Word 2003 crashing
When I go to print a document Word 2003 hangs up. The hourglass just keeps showing but nothing else can be done. I have to hit Ctrl Alt Dlt to shut the program down and an error message is then sent to Microsoft with no help to me. Any suggestions for solving this glitch? -- Self Taught techie...still learning. I appreciate all help and instruction. Met Try the following. Do a search for normal.dot and replace (rename ) it with normal.old After try and open Word. Let us know how you made out -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests f...

70 MB for a Word document due to visio
Hi, I am doing a lot of technical documents with word and all my diagrams are visio. When I use 3D computers or server the Word doc becomes huge. A 60 pages becomes 70 Mb on my disk Do you have advices ? Thanks FE You could paste the images as metafiles rather than embed Visio. This would give you good visual quality with no ability to edit from the Word document. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "FE-FR" <fe> wrote in message news:uNq1G$JgEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > H...

How to convert amount in word format (Like 40.00 is Rs. Forty )
I want to convert a value of cell in word format, Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00 (i want to convert it into Rs. Forty Thousand Only) is there any formula in excel for this function See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Dinesh" <Dinesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA0668EA-7A00-4036-A787-A16939314899@microsoft.com... > I want to convert a value of cell in word format, > > Like i have a value in cell is 40000.00 > > (i want to convert...

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

Word 2007 Versions
Hello, Can someone please provide the list of Word 2007 versions (12.0.xxx.xxxx or whatever the format is) for those versions of Word that shipped (were distributed) before January 11, 2010? Also, if a user receives one of those versions and then installs the mandatory patch, does the version number change? If so, to what? ...

X-Axis word wrap
Is there a way to turn off the word wrap on the x-axis labels? I have labels that are relatively long 2-3 words each, but I am not able to find a way to keep the text from wrapping. When a label wraps, it tends to overlap the next labels. I have plenty of room, but when I resize the chart, at seems to size of the x-axis label area moves proportionally. Can this area be enlarged? Hi, You have very limited control over the layout of the axis labels. If you use the ChartArea format dialog you can uncheck the Auto Scale option on the Font tab. This will stop the font changing when you re...

How do i setup a center gate fold card template in Publisher 2007
By center gate fold i mean take an A4 sheet and fold the left hand side and the right hand side in so that they meet in the center like a double gate. Cant find this template and not sure how to create it. How to here http://www.expertsinfinishing.com/G1_Gate.pdf Other folds http://www.spggraphics.com/foldingStyles.asp -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RedwingerUK" <RedwingerUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A77BF23-0E5C-4E7D-9F15-87C9B59FC6D2@microsoft.com... > By center gate fo...

Document Window Using Word
Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the screen comes up with a blank page -- with a blue border around it. Recently, the page has been smaller and longer with no blue border. Could someone help me to correct this problem? My thanks to you. Gabuie Sounds like the default accidentally got changed from Page Layout view to perhaps Normal view. If you change it back (View | Page Layout), it should save it for the future. If that doesn't work, what version of Word? DM "GA BUIE" wrote: > > Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the &...

Empty Custom Dynamic Dist. Group
Hi all, We are currently trying to finalize our Exchange 2007 deployment but have hit a few problems we can't figure out. The main problem is empty dynamic distribution groups (setup to use a custom filter) I run the following PS command; set-dynamicdistributiongroup -Identity 'AllStaff' -RecipientFilter {(Description -eq 'Staff User' -or Description -eq 'System Administrators')} The command completes without errors but there are no users in this distribution group when I view its members in OWA.. I have copied the msExchDynamicDLFilter property to ADUC Saved...

Appendices Struggles in Word 2007
I'm using Word 2007. I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections for display in the TOC. Each section starts with "# Title." For example, the third section displays as "3 Message Formats." The last two sections are Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10 Appendix" and "11 Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B." I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4 levels below this first headings) to work. I've read through Shau...

Imbedding a document in word
How can I imbed a document in word document. On the Insert tab of the Ribbon, click on Object in the Text section and then select "Text from File" In earlier versions of Word do the same thing from the Insert menu. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Afshin" <Afshin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD912052-9E53-40B8-9FAB-1D6A4E28779C@microsoft.com... > How can I im...

Office 2007- What a horrible disappointment
I gotta say that I am profoundly disappointed with Office 2007. I'm still trying to understand the ribbon... (it seems to basically be just an "exploded" menu bar)... but in essense, this is nowhere near the revolutionary release MS marketing is contending. 1) Excel and PowerPoint STILL have the same confusing, horrible MDI / fake-sdi interface. How hard is it to get Word's true SDI right? Even better, implement a nice TABBED document interface. Give the taskbar a break. This is a showstopper. 2) Dialogs are just as unattractive- and more importantly, unintuitive- as ever.....