APA conversion

I have a paper with bibliography that is not APA.  I need to convert them
into APA format.  How do I copy and past my information so I could create an
APA formatted bib without typing all my bib over again?

Date conversion #2
I also have a column that has dates in the format of: 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1, 2003. Is this possible? Thanks. =date(left(a1,4),mid(a1,5,2),right(a1,2)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Newbie" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYOLgfVjFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I also have a column that has dates in the format of: > > 20031201 which is YearMonthDay and I want to convert them all to December 1, > 2003. > > Is this possible? Thanks. > > Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next Column Da...

Advanced views.."By Conversation". Is it possible to have a view where I see only the first Item of a conversation?
Hi, I receive emails from a distribution list. I have set a "Search Folder"(outlook 2003) for these emails that allow me to view items arranged by Conversation. I need to create a view that will allow me to see Only the first items in a conversation.By viewing that conversation I should be able to decide whether or not I need to expand that group and read later emails in that thread. If I decide not to follow up on that conversation, I should be able to delete it and not have items from that conversation visible. This sounds challenging but I'm sure that the Outlook experts ...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

OutLook Express Conversion
Hi - My wife's business hard drive crashed, but I do have a data backup. She had Outlook Express 5.5. I have a copy of the e-mails, all in folders in DBX format files. The new box she purchased, with XP has options to convert from OE 4 format, but not version 5.x ! How can I get these files converted to a format that OE 6 will/can read? Thank you, Jon This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microso...

File conversion window message with strange characters
Word documents open with the File Conversion window showing first. No matter what encoding I select I still get incomprehensible characters. This occurrs in all my saved and new files and I just can't get them to display normally. That suggests that the files are all corrupt. Where are they stored? How did they get there? How long has this been happening? Which versions of Word and OS are you using? Are they fully patched up to date? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "jeangladi" <jeangladi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA5629FD-30A4-44F7-B2...

Turnoff parantheses in APA citation
Work 07 puts parantheses around all APA-style citations even when they begin a sentence ("Tsui and O'Reilly (1989) conclude...") or are part of a list. Is there a way to change XSL to stop this? Patience is a virtue. You don't have to ask the same question 3 times, just wait till someone comes along who can answer it. <the following is copy/pasted from my original reply> There is no on/off switch for the brackets. Your choices are to either keep them, or remove them altogether. If you want to remove them for all instances, you will have to edit the st...

Conversion Problem
I know that the Subject might be a little off, but here's my issue. I am importing data from a spreadsheet into an Access database. In this particular column of data, the data looks like this: 911B00, 91FT20, 911000, 91E000. My issue is that when I import that column if data, for some reason it takes the records with a "E" (like 911E00) and displays them as exponential numbers and displays "9.10E+01" - how can I prevent Access from doing that - or what function can a put in a query to fix that? On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:50:51 -0800 (PST), Commish <mark.wolv...

OrgPlus conversion
Hi folks, we have many OrgPlus organization charts in OrgPlus 3.0 (pretty old). How can we convert them so that they can be updated in Visio 2000? Thanks, Tom ...

Tag and Structure info in Publisher 2003 for PDF conversion
Hello All, I wish to have my Publisher 2003 files structure show up after I convert them to PDF. It with Word 2003; that is, once I convert a Word doc to PDF the bookmarks are automatically carried over into the PDF doc, making for easy page navigation. Presently, I have to manually create my PDF bookmarks. That is a drag. There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and Formatting when I import a Word doc into Publisher. Any ideas on this. Thanks in advance for your support. Publisher is strictly a page layout application, it will print to the PDF printer just as it i...

file conversions
I'm trying to convert a VISIO drawing to either Excel or Word.s. The drawing vsd needs to used a different application. The application can not use VISIO. please email back at this email address also: dee.pearson@aksteel.com ...

Conversations in Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP) with a folder that says "conversations." How do I get rid of this to make the folder go back to normal? The computer is running Windows XP thanks LV ------------------------------------------------------ I rode a tank and held a General's rank When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank - - - Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil ---------------------------------------- Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. - - -unknown ---------------------------------------- Yes, I have let myself go...Now I'm Free!...

APA Headings
I would like to find or create a style document for an APA formatted document that work with a Table of Contents. Levels 3-5 of APA have the heading inline with the paragraph text. For example This is the heading. Followed by the paragraph text that goes on and on and on etc. It seems that the heading styles only allow for paragraph headings - that is they automatically insert a new paragraph after the heading - so if I highlight "This is the heading." above and apply the heading style it automatically sticks in a new paragraph which doesn't match APA. A...

Group by Conversation
Hello, I normally use View/Group Messages by Conversation for my emails. I have had no problems before. A friend sent me an email. I used the Reply button to reply. Then I moved both the message and my reply to a folder. Their Subjects are 'Hello' and 'Re: Hello'. I expected them to appear together as a thread with a + before the original message. But my reply was missing. If I turn off the 'View/Group Messages by Conversation ' my reply appears. What have I done wrong ?. All my other messages & threads are there OK. Thanks KK Windows...

Access 97
I have converted the database but get the following message when I try to click on any of the command buttons. The command or action 'SaveRecord' isn't available now. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks...Mike "mike_pees@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have converted the database but get the following >message when I try to click on any of the command buttons. > >The command or action 'SaveRecord' isn't available now. Access 2.0 and Access 97 to Access 2000/2002 conversion issues/problems/bugs http://www.gr...

unicode conversion
I have a sqlserver 2008 database that is currently using varchars. I need to move this to unicode. What is the best way to accomplish this task? Should I recreate the database using a certain character set (like utf-8) and then migrate the data or do I just do an alter table and move the fields from varchars to nvarchars? I am not real familiar with best practices for SQL Server and unicode. Thanks Joel (nowhere@nowhere.com) writes: > I have a sqlserver 2008 database that is currently using varchars. I need > to move this to unicode. > > What is the...

Problem with dates after conversion
I converted a large Lotus 123 document into excel, now whatever date I enter returns a 1/00/00 date, in whatever format I choose..Jan 0 1900..1-0-00 etc. the correct date is displayed up on the F line but in my sheet is says Jan zero of the year 1900...It has successfully driven me nuts. Help please... Go to the Tools menu, choose Options then the Transition tab. Uncheck "Transition Formula Evaluation" and "Transition Formula Entry". When Entry is checked, Excel will treat 3/9/2005 not as a date but as division, and the result is less that zero, hence when formatte...

String conversion
I would like to ask if there is a way to convert characters that are not plain ASCII to ASCII. For example I would like to make a function that converts á to a α to a γ to g Is that possible? Thank you. Dimitri Something along Function conv(dummy As Char) Select Case dummy Case "=E1", "A" ' and so on conv =3D "a" Case Chr(247) conv =3D "x" Case Else conv =3D dummy End Select End Function didnt try it so dont know if it works. Whats plain ascii... a-z 7-bits US version, got a lot of SOH; EOT,...

Conversion 8.73g to 9 SynchronizeTableData
I have tried 5 times now to convert my client from 8 to 9. Each time, (no matter what I try), I get an error when upgrading the ASI tables. "The stored Procedure SynchronizeTableData() of form duSqlAccountSynch: 27 Pass through sql returned the following results: DBMS: 207, Microsoft Dynamcis GP: 0". Normally I would simply compile the sp manually, but I'm trying to get the native product to work so it won't snowball like usualy when skipping steps. Any suggestions? ...

pdf conversion problems
I am trying to convert a MS Publisher 2007 newsletter to PDF - everthing looks great apart from coloured text always converts as black. All the graphics colours and photos convert fine- its just the text. Any suggestions? I'm not seeing your issue here using Acrobat. Are you using Acrobat? Are you using the Office add-in? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you are using a third party converter, try a different program. There are many around. http...

Conversations and Rules
Is there someway that I can set up a rule through the Rules Wizard or otherwise that will delete all previous e- mails in a converastion except the last . For example, if I were to send you an e-mail and cc myself, then you were to respond to that e-mail I want Outlook to take the e- mail that I sent and delete it and only keep the response e-mail in my Inbox. Thanks!! ...

APA conversion
I have a paper with bibliography that is not APA. I need to convert them into APA format. How do I copy and past my information so I could create an APA formatted bib without typing all my bib over again? ...

Windows Conversion
I have an Access 2000 database which runs perfectly until i loaded it on a new machine. This machine was loaded with Windows 2000 and Access 2000 but it behaves in an odd way. When I go to a pop up form it looses track of the current record when returning to the main part of the system and it appears to do this randomly, sometimes it is OK then it all collapses! I suspect that it may be due to later updates in Windows that somehow make it not backward compatible. I have tried the database on different older machines and in Access 2002, 2003 and it is all OK there. Any suggestions p...

Excel format conversion
Hi guys, is there a way to convert the following 123456789 to 123-456-789 or abcdefghi to abc-def-ghi I need to convert a long list of serial numbers so I can look for them, but doing it one by one will take me an eternity. Thanks Hi, you can get the numbers but the text, a solution is to use text to columns and then insert columns everyt three other "Aaron H" wrote: > Hi guys, is there a way to convert the following > 123456789 to 123-456-789 > or > abcdefghi to abc-def-ghi > I need to convert a long list of serial numbers so I can look for the...

Group by date and then conversation
Hi, I would like to create a custom view that is a mix between the standard message view (arranged by date) and message view (arranged by conversation). In other words, I would like to group by date first at the top level, and then within each date grouping, I would like to have message group by conversation. So this would mean that the "Today" grouping would have only those conversations that had messages sent that day, and "Yesterday" would have those conversations where the last message sent was yesterday, and so on. Is this possible? thanks. Seems to be, 'Vie...

APA updates
I had word set up to remind me to not double space and other APA format issues but now they have changed it and I am not getting any "reminders" anymore. Is there an update coming with the new guidelines on formatting the document? I spent 17 months relearning to not double space after a period now I have to re relearn to double space again. The templates I have seen only address setting up the basics of the paper not the "nitty gritty" of the little details. Help please. ...