adding a border to a text box in word

Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border
is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole
document, how can i add apply to text box??

Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than
"Borders." (Version of Word?)

On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor=
der
> is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w=
hole
> document, how can i add apply to text box??

0
Peter
2/21/2010 5:22:45 AM
Because text boxes are AutoShapes, they don't have borders; they have
"lines" like other shapes. In the Format Text Box dialog, on the Colors and
Lines tab, choose the type of outline you want.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Arch" <Arch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the
> border
> is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is
> whole
> document, how can i add apply to text box??

0
Suzanne

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

How to insert an Excel landscape document into a portrait Word doc
I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel Spreadsheet which is in landscape. Is that possible? Please clarify. Landscape and Portrait are simply print orientation in whichever document is being printed. Are you inserting a complete workbook into Word? Are you inserting a range from a worksheet into Word? Maybe you need two separate print jobs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel >Spr...

Sorting and the word The
Hiya Does anyone know a way of sorting a list (of CD's or films) where the word The wouldn't be included, so The Beatles would be under B, not T ? I don't want to have to delete all the The's, so it will still say The Beatles ? TIA Dave Dave, In a new column, enter the formula =IF(LEFT(A1,4) = "the ",MID(A1,5,LEN(A1))&", The",A1) and fill down as far as you need to go. Sort on this column instead of the primary column. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Dave" <dwb...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Text to Column #4
Hello, I have the following text in column A, which is one line: :! 10428712 ! NAME LASTNAME ! 20092004 ! 00458921 ! PMIAVW ! Is it possible with a VBA macro to create a column everytime there's "!" and to delete ":" Thanks for any help, You're going to have to find out what those characters are. I like Chip Pearson's addin: CellView http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm to tell me those funny characters. Then you could use a macro to clean them up: Option Explicit Sub cleanEmUp() Dim myBadChars As Variant Dim iCtr As Lon...

Can not create Custom Borders in Publisher
In microsoft publisher, when selecting the create custom border option, it keeps telling our user population that they can not open file. A power user has this option, but if you change the security rights on the publisher folders it totally destroys the files and nothing works and then you have to do a completel reinstall. Is there anyway to let users have the access to create custom borders without having to make them power users? djw6776 wrote: > In microsoft publisher, when selecting the create custom border > option, it keeps telling our user population that they can not ope...

ADDING A NUMBER

When adding attachments...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

Save as Msg box
I have the follwowing to save as a form: Sub SaveAs() ' ChDir "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" Do fName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename Loop Until fName <> False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName, FileFormat:=xlNormal End Sub Problems: 1. It doesn't go to the directory that I have above: "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" 2. I want to enter a message box that confirms that yes they want to save after they have entered the name in the save as box. In the Excel hlp I was just ...

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

adding new records

Size e-mail box
SSBmb3JnZXQuLiB3aGVyZSBpbiBFeGNoYW5nZSAyMDAwIEkgY2FuIGNoYW5nZSBkZWZhdWx0IHNl dHRpbmcgb2YgIGVtYWlsIGJveCBzaXplID8/Pw0KDQpTa2FsYQ== Skala wrote: > I forget.. where in Exchange 2000 I can change default setting of > email box size ??? If you're going to change it for a single AD user then this is done by taking Properties of the user in Active Directory Users and Computers MMC > Exchange General tab > Storage Limits. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org "Skala" <skala12345.tnij.@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >I forget.. where in Exchan...

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Word 2008 Drawing toolbar
It seems to me that the drawing facilities are much less powerful than with the last version of MS Word for Mac. When drawing a line all I can get is a thick blue line. In fact everything is blue. What am I missing please. Thanks, BrianKR There's no question that the new capabilities are 'different' -- whether you choose to categorize them as 'better' or 'worse' is a matter of personal interpretation :-) The new tools are based on a completely redesigned graphics engine & the current version of Mac Office offers a somewhat limited implementation of the ...

Text area rendering
I have a word template email that I have created in Word 2000 that contains a text area (white box with scroll bar to enter text into). When I send this all service providers have no problems rendering it and allowing the user to add information to the box when they reply to the message. The only issue I'm having is with Outlook 2000, and it just started today. When I choose reply in the email with the text area and double click on the text area, it moves the cursor inside of the text box like it should. Now, in the past (5 days ago) and with online providers I can then type into the box. ...

TEXT(date)?
As you know, the function =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") produces a date from its corresponding text representation. I want to go the OTHER way. That is, I want to take a date and produce its text representation (I'll settle for any reasonable format). How might I go about doing that? Thanks, John Your answer is in your question!! try: =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy") or any other reasonable date-style format -- Gary's Student "JMF" wrote: > As you know, the function > > =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") > > produces a date from its corr...

code to fill in missing border lines
Hi all, In some rows (I can't predict which ones) between rownumber 2 an 120 the cells in the ranges A : N have a thick lower border (Borders(xlEdgeBottom) and Weight = xlThick). In some cases there can occur a gap (in columns F and M only). What is the most efficient code to "repair" these gaps? TIA Jack Sons The Netherlands Do you really need code for this? Seems like it would be easier to highlight that range and apply thick borders. Dave, Sure, but othe people will open it (it is made by code anew every time it is opened) and it is not nice to present a spreadsh...

Microsoft Word 2007 hangs and does not close properly on 2007
Word 2007 does not close properly and hangs everytime. I have to 'close program" and windows diagnostics does not seem to find any errors That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key when it is restarted. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data Symptoms of Data Key corruption include: • The mouse does not work when you use Word. ...

Excel word-wrap format
I have encountered this problem with both single and merged cells: With a lot of text in one cell (over 100 words) the word wrap format works for the majority of the text but the last portion of the text does not wrap -- the text continues off to the right and cannot be seen in regular view, print preview, or on the hard copy print out. All text is visible in the edit field. To get all of the text to appear on a printout I must put in hard returns (Alt-Enter) throughout the last portion of the text, experimenting with line brakes to get all of the text to appear. Has anyone else ...