"Paste Special" with the right click mouse

I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse
 in all microsoft office suite.

Thanks,

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4d5b-9c1d-d9c7ac53e193&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"agentcooper" <agentcooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click
>mouse
> in all microsoft office suite.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4d5b-9c1d-d9c7ac53e193&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

0
Graham

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

No paste as CSV option in the Paste Special selection
A client of mine is running Excel 2000. When they select Paste Special, CSV is not available as an option. The data she's copying is not the problem since I have tested it here. Any comments/suggestions?? Thanks Mike When you copy, you're copying raw data, not a file. If you want to convert XL data to .CSV, you need to take the data to a separate workbook and do a File, Save As, and select CSV. ...

concatenate will not paste special
Hi I am trying to concatenate first name and last name columns, all is good till I copy and paste special.....It say copy and paste area is not the same size...and it is. Here is the real dilemma, when I copy and past the data into a new spread sheet and concatenate it works, except in certain records it drops the actual name and I end up with a blank field, that causes great grief when I send said data to another process that strips blank lines and shifts remaining data up resulting in an absolute train wreck of srong names to addresses. Help If desired, send your file ...

PASTE SPECIAL
There are times when PASTE SPECIAL opens up a window to allow pasting o values/formulae/format/etc. At times, going to the same EDIT/PASTE SPECIAL menu, opens up anothe window asking only to paste UNICODE or TEXT, not showing the options o values/formulae/format/etc. See the pictures of the two distinct paste special windows. Why am I getting this variation, and how can I always get th values/formulae/format window? Thanks [image: http://mousaler.com/temp/paste_good.jpg] [image: http://mousaler.com/temp/paste_bad.jpg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I didn't open...

Copy/paste/paste special is not available
When I right click on a cell in Excel, I do not get the copy/paste/paste special options. They are grayed out and unavailable. How do I get it back? Is it only the right click menu? can you copy and paste using the menu edit>copy etc? Can you copy with Ctrl + C? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Diane109" wrote: > When I right click on a cell in Excel, I do not get the copy/paste/paste > special options. They are grayed out and unavailable. How do I get it back? I can copy and paste from the menu and I can Ctrl/C but there is no Paste Special item available under the Menu...

Can't Copy and Paste or Paste Special between Excel Workbooks
We have a number of Excel users in our office who cannot copy and paste between Excel workbooks. They can copy and paste between worksheets. When you highlight the section to copy and then go to the new workbook both the paste and paste special are "grayed out". This is true whether you right-click the mouse, go to the edit menu, or use control keys. This occurs with any data type and the most simple workbooks. I have seen some suggestions here but none have worked for this particular problem. I have reset the menus and renamed the .xlb files and neither helps. You can open t...

icant use the paste special
how can i use paste special click on any cell that contains data or formula in ms-excel, now choose copy from edit menu, click on another cell where you want to paste special, choose edit menu --> paste special choose the any option from the window, and press ok to execute paste special. Kerala Ayurveda Treatments www.ayurvedatreatements.net Ayurveda- A natural way to perfect health. mail@ayurvedatreatments.net "amyka" wrote: > how can i use paste special > paste special is only available when you "copy", not when you "cut" --Carlos "am...

paste special
i just got a new computer and it runs office 2003. and now i can't get my paste special to work, and i don't know why. I make a powerpoint slide then i copy the slide and select past special in publisher. i choose the file type to be enhanced metafile. and it copies just fine. but when i edit the powerpoint slide it won't update on my publisher slide like it used to do. do i need to paste it as a file type other than enhanced metafile? You cannot paste something as an enhanced metafile and then expect it to update with PowerPoint. You need to paste the PowerPoint slide as...

Re: Paste Special => Paste Link.... :(
I have the following code for a textbox... Private Sub TextBox1_LostFocus() Me.TextBox1.Enabled = CBool(Me.TextBox1.Value = "") End Sub What it does is as soon as an user types text and goes out of th textbox it locks the input in... is there a way to copy the text an paste special = paste link on a cell of my selection???? If no such thing exist is there a way to just copy and paste content t a cell?? -Larry- VBA Amateu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Paste Special, Formulas, is also pasting values. Why?
I'm making a worksheet with multiple sections of calendarized expense data by region. I want to add some formulas to the first region, then paste the formulas into the other regions. Is it not possible to paste only, formulas, without pasting the values from the first region as well? When I try, it pastes the values in the reference cells also. Thanks. Troy "TSW632" <tsw632@aol.com> wrote in message news:e026008e.0309180639.1413519b@posting.google.com... > I'm making a worksheet with multiple sections of calendarized expense > data by region. I want to add some ...

MS Excel Paste Special>Paste All
Using MS Excel 2003 Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> Column Widths and Paste Special>All. >>Am I always required to do the two step dance Yes<g>. -- Jim "Excel User" <Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D34ED9D-5BD6-43AD-8773-1EB7229309B2@microsoft.com... | Using MS Excel 2003 | | Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I | always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> ...

cut and do a paste special? instead of a copy
Is there a way to cut and do a paste special? instead of a copy No. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Larry" <nothere@aol.com> wrote in message news:g_TFc.23730$7t3.15890@attbi_s51... > Is there a way to cut and do a paste special? instead of a copy > > AFAIK you must copy/paste and then go back and delete to do this -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Larry" <nothere@aol.com> wrote in message news:g_TFc.23730$7t3.15890@attbi_s51... >...

Why is "Paste Link" dimmed when I go to Paste Special?
I'm following the instructions to place a linked object in Publisher. I COPY my text box from one Publisher file, then go to Paste Special in another file. But the Paste Link option is dimmed and I can't choose it. What can I do to link objects in Publisher??? From Publisher's help You cannot create a link to this type of object from that particular program; you can only embed it. The program you want to link from either doesn't allow you to link objects from it or it doesn't support linking for that type of object. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft....

"paste special" "paste link"
I want to paste a ROW of cells from one excel file using "past special" and "paste link" to another excel file but into a COLUMN on the same amount of cells. I can not get it to "rotate" from a ROW of values or formulas to a COLUMN. IS this possible? Look up Transpose in the Help Index "lssweatt" <lssweatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:977AAEE3-5921-4888-A23B-9CE914B18496@microsoft.com... : I want to paste a ROW of cells from one excel file using "past special" and : "paste link" to another excel file ...

Paste special
The result of a simple formula should be a whole number. However, when I used Copy, Paste Special, Values it returns decimal values that are slightly above or below the expected whole number. For example, when A1 contains the value 49.931, copying the value from the formula (A1- 49)*1000 yields 930.999999999997. Any explanation would be appreciated. Its because 10 divided by 3 for instance is 3.333333 etc. If you format it to 2 decimal places it displays as 3.33, but the actual value is still 3.333333333 to I believe in Excel 15 decimal places, though I may be wrong there. If you wrap...

Paste special
Word 2008, 12.2.4 I frequently need to paste unformatted text and have assigned a key combination to bring up the Paste Special dialog box. Is there a way of making the dialog box default to Unformated Text rather than HTML Format so all I need do is Enter instead of having to select the other option? (With 2007 I have a macro to do the job with the click of a button but 2008............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I am too old to try to start using AppleScript or Automator having grown up with VB.. camlad Nope, the only way of automating it in Word 2008 is with Apple Script, b...

No csv format in Paste Special
For some reason I don't have the option to choose a csv format whe using Paste Special to copy data into excel. I'm using Excel 2000 ve 9.0.3821 Sr-1. I know that csv it is available because my coworkers have it. Does anyone know how to add the csv option -- dborsk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dborski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39291 There is no CSV option in the Paste Special dialog for Excel. However, sometimes...

Paste special ...
When one of my users attempts to do a Paste Special and chooses HTML, the contents from the clipboard is pasted as an Excel Object. The user selects cells from an Excel Spreadsheet Then returns to the Word document She selects "Paste Special" The paste special dialog box displays the default choice, "HTML Format" She clicks "OK" The contenst of the clipboard is NOT pasted in as HTML, but is pasted in as an object. She has Windows XP (I believe SP2) & Office 2007/SP2 on a Dell Latitude 6400. This problem seems to happen in any document, regardle...

Paste Special #8
Instead of using the mouse right-click for doing 'paste special', is there any KEYBOARD short cut key for doing paste special? not to my knowledge. all know keyboard shortcuts can be found at this site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm >-----Original Message----- >Instead of using the mouse right-click for doing 'paste special', is there >any KEYBOARD short cut key for doing paste special? >. > Not really a shortcut, but you can try: <Alt> <E> <S> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep...

accelerator for paste special in excel 2000
How to assign short cut keys to paste special in excel 2000 Hi one way: - create/record a macro for paste special - assign a shortcut to this macro (in the macro dialog) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vishwa wrote: > How to assign short cut keys to paste special in excel > 2000 "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:uQRs8WF$DHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > one way: > - create/record a macro for paste special > - assign a shortcut to this macro (in the macro dialog) > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > ...

Paste Special #2
Hello All, Can anyone tell me if there is any difference with the right-click Paste Special on Excel 97 and Excel 2000 or XP? I have 2000 and XP. I don't used 97 any more so thats why I asked. I need to know what 97 has. I need to make sure a User can paste a whole sheet results but not the formulas in 97. One other question: Is there a name for the square to the left of Column A and above Row 1? Its the one when you click on it, it displays in the name box '65536R x 256C'. I want the User to click on that to select the whole sheet and paste special/ values only to save results to ...

paste special #3
Is there a keyboard shortcut for the "paste special" function? Thanks How about a tool bar icon ? Right click in the tool bar and choose <Customize>, Click <Commands> tab, then click <Edit>, In the Commands window, click and drag to the tool bar "PasteSpecial". If you wish, you can assign an icon to the button and also make it smaller. While still in the Customize window, and with the "PasteSpecial" still selected on the tool bar, click the ModifySelection button, and click on ChangeButtonImage. Click on an icon of your liking. You now have ...