Word instance is not closed even after closing the word document

I'm opening and printing multiple Word documents from SAP application.
Updation of the fields and printing is via the add-ins written in VB. In
2003, when we do this for multiple documents, document gets opened and then
printed. Second document uses the existing instance and then prints.

But in 2007, when we are doing for multiple documents, though first document
is opened, printed and closed, when second document is opened it shows the
instance/ document as Document2, prints and closes it. No instance of word is
opened. When third document is opened it shows as 'Dcouemnt 3'...I suspect
temporarily it i shaving the instances. In this case because of this data is
not updated correctly and printed. Code is been used to call the method close
the word document after printing is completed.

If we do 'Exit word' issue doesn't happen. so can you please tell me why it
is behaving differently in 2007? How to correct it?

We would need to see the code to be sure, but is your code releasing the
instance of Word by setting it to Nothing?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Vin" <Vin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm opening and printing multiple Word documents from SAP application.
> Updation of the fields and printing is via the add-ins written in VB. In
> 2003, when we do this for multiple documents, document gets opened and
> then
> printed. Second document uses the existing instance and then prints.
>
> But in 2007, when we are doing for multiple documents, though first
> document
> is opened, printed and closed, when second document is opened it shows the
> instance/ document as Document2, prints and closes it. No instance of word
> is
> opened. When third document is opened it shows as 'Dcouemnt 3'...I suspect
> temporarily it i shaving the instances. In this case because of this data
> is
> not updated correctly and printed. Code is been used to call the method
> close
> the word document after printing is completed.
>
> If we do 'Exit word' issue doesn't happen. so can you please tell me why
> it
> is behaving differently in 2007? How to correct it?

0
Doug

How can I merge twelve separate documents into a single document?
I have several chapters of a book written as separate documents. I would now like to incorporate each document into a single document. How can this be done, or is this not possible? I am using Word 2007. As this is probably just a one time operation, copying and pasting is probably the simplest way. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Murrumba" <Murrumba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Viewing two documents side by side.
Hi, I am having a problem with Excel. I want to view two Excel files side by side, but whenever I open the second file, the first one disappears. For some reason, I am able to do this with Word, but not with Excel or Powerpoint. Is there any way to open to Excel files at the same time, tile them vertically, and view them side by side like you can do with Word? Thanks, Eric College of Software Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics With both Excel files open, click Window > Arrange > Tiled (say) > OK This'll give you the side-by-side view you're after...

from start documents i can not open a document from desk top, i n.
to use a excell ducument, from start documents i can not open a document or from from my desktop, i need to open the program and then open the docuement, but why, i can do it in other computer Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alfonso juarez wrote: > to use a excell ducument, from start documents i can not open a > document or from from my desktop, i need to open the program and then > open the docuement, but why, i can do it in other computer alfonso Tools>Options>Genera...

Copying a page from visio 2000 to word 2000
I am attempting to copy a page from Visio to Word both on 200 format. However when pasting into Word it always reduces the size when appearing on word. I have attempted multiple ways including copy drawing. Are there any known issues out there?? Please help!!! Fletch Have you tried clicking on the image in Word and dragging the bottom right corner to increase tht size to fit the page? On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 03:30:23 -0800, "Richard Fletcher" <richard.fletcher@ars.aon.co.uk> wrote: >I am attempting to copy a page from Visio to Word both on >200 format. However whe...

AP Year End Close
Hi We have just closed our AP Fiscal Year (from July, 01 2006 to June 30, 2007) , and it transferred all the amounts from YTD column to Last Year including current year payments regardless of posting date, which is not correct. Our YTD payment number if taken from smartlist will never be correct. Wondering if any one knows any tool / work around to fix this problem. A million thanks in advance -- Faiz ...

Word #3
Hi, I'm using W2K Pro with Office 2002 and Publisher 2000. I'm trying to import text from a Word document and Publisher is telling me I need more memory, I've got 256MB of memory and I'm only using 128MB according to Task Manager. It's only 20kb as well. Any thoughts would be appreicated, Craig Do you have Norton? PUB2000: Error Message: A Word Story Editing Error Occurred http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243237 Windows is low on memory" error message when you use the "Edit Story in Microsoft Word" command in Publisher http:...

Spelling takes about 3 minutes to pass any single word check
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook 2000. The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This problem happens when the email has attachment. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

How to copy Word 97 doc to Word 2000?
I sent a Word 97 document to a friend (which I have done many times previously) who is now running Windows XP and using Word 2000. In the past (running Windows 2000, I think) he would open the Word 97 doc with his Word 97, copy and paste special into Publisher 97 as a picture and resize to his liking. It no longer happens! � How can we get the Word 97 document into his Publisher 97? � Your help will be greatly appreciated. � Ron Specifically what happens? All you've said is that "it no longer happens". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ronald Mason"...

Close automatically
I'm trying to make a desktop shortcut that would play a video file and then automatically close when done. Is there a good way to do this? Thank you. Not that I know of with the new-style WMP. However, you could use the 'classic' Media Player (mplayer2.exe) instead, it has a /close parameter. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241422 Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 9/06/2010 15:31, Randy wrote: > I'm trying to make a desktop shortcut that would play a video file and then > automatically close when done. Is there a good way to ...

Start a reply, close without saving, icon still changes to replied
Hello all, I have an issue that sometimes I start a reply to an email but sort out the issue before I hit the send button. I therefore close the message and click no to save. However, even after not saving, the message icon against the original in my inbox has already changed to replied. As I receive hundreds of emails, sometimes I forget I didn't send the reply but my inbox shows otherwise. Is this a bug? Thanks in anticipation Niki B Outlook Version??? You might have your options set to Automatically Save Unsent Items in Tools, Options, Email Options. "NikiB" wrot...

How do I connect two separate publisher web documents?
I created my school web site in Publisher 2003, uploaded, looks great. The librarian also created a 3 page web site. How do I link hers into the original? I've moved them both into my drive that links to the district site, used hyperlinks, tried to insert into the original........how do I link them together? Just upload the librarian's web files to a subfolder on your site, and link to it, after adding a link from her pages to yours. Perhaps this article will help: Building a web site with multiple Publisher web publication files : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2...

Paste from Word Tables, ignoring Paragraph marks
I have sorted a Word document into a many-row 3-columntable and want to paste or import it into Excel. Many of the Word table cells have text with either paragraphs or soft carriage returns. I would like to create one Excel cell for one Word table cell but, when I paste into Excel, a new row is created for every paragraph or soft CR. Is there any way to get Excel to ignore paragraph marks when pasting? Hi, Sorry, but I believe when Excel sees a CarriageReturn, it takes it as an indicator for a new row. Unless you can remove them in Word, I think you're stuck. Anybody? jeff >-----...

Exporting Excel data into Word doc w/o cell boxes
I am unable to export Excel data into Word without the boxes appearing. My co-worker is able to cut and paste into Word without the boxes. We believe we are both running Word 2000. Is there a setting I need to change or is my co-worked working in different version than me? Do the boxes in Word represent a table (like the cells in excel)? Maybe your coworker is Edit|Paste special|Unformatted Text??? You can tell the versions of excel and word by clicking on Help in the menubar. Then About Microsoft Word (or Excel). (Is there any chance that you're coworker did Table|Hide Gridl...

Word 2007
I would like to use the "Health Stylish Design" newsletter template provided with Word. Is there a way to change the border and background colors? Thank you in advance for any assistance! Thing One wrote: > I would like to use the "Health Stylish Design" newsletter template > provided with Word. Is there a way to change the border and > background colors? Thank you in advance for any assistance! Unfortunately, that newsletter design is an excellent example of how NOT to create a Word template. The colored areas at the top and bottom of each page,...

Looking for a way to automate checking for consistency in document
I am manually checking hundreds of documents to insure that: 1) every image or embedded object has alt-text 2) every table has a caption 3) every table has a header row that repeats on a page break and that cells do not break across pages is there a tool that could be a starting point for building something to autmate this "Roy" <Roy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29C3C3DE-2ED8-4AAD-AE80-1721C1F680D9@microsoft.com... >I am manually checking hundreds of documents to insure that: > 1) every image or embedded object has alt-text > 2)...

IE not able to display documents with invalid certificate. Fix?
I suddenly have again the effect that IE suddenly is unable to display documents that come with an invalid certificate (it's IE8 in my case now, but I had that very same effect already about a year ago with IE7 and it drove me nuts since many of our company internal webpages use invalid SLL certificates and they were suddenly not usable any more with IE). The effect manifest such, that there is first the warning page stating that "There is a problem with the website's security certificate". If I then click on the red "continue to this website" link I ...

Document Date Verify
Hi Folks In a previous post on this newsgroup Victoria mentioned that there is a free add-on from Microsoft called 'Document Date Verify' to assist users in not entering crazy dates in Dynamics. I've searched Partnersource and I can't find it anywhere - can someone help me out by pointing me in the right direction where I can download it from please? Many thankx Sheila Sheila, This is not something you can download, you need to contact MBS Professional Services: mbsprosv@microsoft.com. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http:...

Master Documents in Word 2008
Has the Master Document facility disappeared from Word 2008? No, just the menu option. Switch to outline view, and you will see the icon for Master Document view at the right end of the outlining toolbar, I think. I assume you know that master documents are not reliable--they may behave better in .docx format, but I don't know that anyone has tested them in Word 2008: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WhyMasterDocsCorrupt.htm (hit reload a few times if you get a blank page) tomquackery@officeformac.com wrote: > Has the Master Document facility disappeared from Word 2008? >...

New To Word 2008

Disabling Word 2007 startup box
Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:46:02 -0800, Abi <Abi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to disable the Word 2007 startup box. I mean the first yellow >box that appears with the text 'Microsoft Office Word 2007'. Edit the desktop shortcut to add a space and the characters /q at the end, after the closing quote mark: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE" /q For more things you c...

Converting to microsoft word
Is it possible to convert a publisher 2003 file to microsoft word 2003 format? I have been able to copy the text, but have been unsuccessful with transferring the images. Right-click the image, click save as a picture. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "chadb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5fef01c48ac2$80476e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert a publisher 2003 file to > microsoft word 2003 format? I have been able to copy the > text, but have been...

Opening Documents
Hi All, I have a problem which is driving me mad. I have tried looking on Microsoft website, but as always, can find no real help. When I open a spreadsheet from my desktop, Excel puts a 1 after the file name, and will only let me save it as a New File. If I open the same file from within Excel, then there are no problems. Any clues?? Cheers Norm Your workbook was saved as a template. See "about templates" in XL Help In article <eEMvDQ9REHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Norman D" <NDoldon@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a problem which is driving me...

Shortcut to Word 2007
In Word 2003, I had a shortcut with /n to open Word without a blank page being opened. I have tried to do this in Word 2007 as follows: Right-click on Microsoft Office Word 2007 in the Start Menu, send to Desktop, Create Shortcut. Right-click on Shortcut. However, I get stuck there as I do not have an option to add /n as there is no 'Start in' listed. Can you help please? Instead of trying to create a shortcut from the item on the Start menu (which is itself only a shortcut), go to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12. Right-click the file W...

how do i change currency value into words automatically
Please let me know how i can change $456 to Four Hundred and Fifty Six dollars automatically in Excel. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Richie" <Richie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D50E7C2-47C2-4B66-8D26-CB1BA9FD5801@microsoft.com... > Please let me know how i can change $456 to Four Hundred and Fifty Six > dollars automatically in Excel. ...

Seniors Need Help! Help Retrieve Deleted Excel Document
Hello All, My wifeand I are seniors and we unfortunately deleted a very important Excel document, a spreadsheet. We have found software programs that will restore the document, but cannot afford the $50 for just the one document. Is there an easier and less expensive way to retrieve this document? Please help! Loretta and Alan Have you emptied the Recycle Bin? If not, you'll find your document there. Double-click on the Recycle Bin to open it. If you see your document there, right-click it and choose Restore. It will be moved back to its original location. -- Cordially, Chip...