Word freezes after recent updates (KB973904 & KB974561)

Last night, 14 updates were applied to Office.  Of these, 12 were security 
updates and 2 were application updates:

1) Update for 2007 Microsoft office system (KB973904)
2) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561)

I am no longer able to "Save As..." or Print.  I can no longer change the 
status of Word Plugins UNLESS I start Word with the "/a" option.

Using this option (I guess it is Safe Mode), I was able to turn off all 
plugins.  But that has not solved the problem.  If I run Word in normal mode, 
it freezes when trying to Save As, Print, or access the plugins settings page.

This log entry is placed in the Application Log:

----------------------------------

Fault bucket 818791578, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: WINWORD.EXE
P2: 12.0.6514.5000
P3: 4a89d533
P4: 7ce8
P5: 0
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\2426548.od
C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\CVR6B4.tmp.cvr
C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B1C.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3BE8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_WINWORD.EXE_d3b9e49ddd413883ddeec956bd91a0daa0373d7_186546a1

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 96ece467-cfa1-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
Report Status: 0

-----------------------------

After I kill the process, this is entered in the Application Log:

-----------------------------

The program WINWORD.EXE version 12.0.6514.5000 stopped interacting with 
Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is 
available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 1cd8
 Start Time: 01ca63ad78f28e94
 Termination Time: 31
 Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE
 Report Id: e6cbd2e1-cfa0-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db

------------------------------

Nothing is logged in the Action Center.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

0
Utf
11/12/2009 4:04:05 PM
word.application.errors 617 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
1445 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

It may be unconnected but worth mentioning:

There are, apparently, some issues with a security update (MS09-065)  that 
you probably also installed. I quote:

"Details: Initial reports indicate that this affects Windows XP systems with
an ATI Radeon HD 2400 series card.

Workaround: uninstall the update after booting in safe mode, upgrade ATI
driver to the latest version (9.1, released 10/22/2009), then reapply
MS09-065/969947"

-- 
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"Joel Finkel" <JoelFinkel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AFFA8DE5-0F6F-4F15-BF37-C13C6058F41A@microsoft.com...
> Last night, 14 updates were applied to Office.  Of these, 12 were security
> updates and 2 were application updates:
>
> 1) Update for 2007 Microsoft office system (KB973904)
> 2) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561)
>
> I am no longer able to "Save As..." or Print.  I can no longer change the
> status of Word Plugins UNLESS I start Word with the "/a" option.
>
> Using this option (I guess it is Safe Mode), I was able to turn off all
> plugins.  But that has not solved the problem.  If I run Word in normal 
> mode,
> it freezes when trying to Save As, Print, or access the plugins settings 
> page.
>
> This log entry is placed in the Application Log:
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> Fault bucket 818791578, type 5
> Event Name: AppHangB1
> Response: Not available
> Cab Id: 0
>
> Problem signature:
> P1: WINWORD.EXE
> P2: 12.0.6514.5000
> P3: 4a89d533
> P4: 7ce8
> P5: 0
> P6:
> P7:
> P8:
> P9:
> P10:
>
> Attached files:
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\2426548.od
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\CVR6B4.tmp.cvr
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B1C.tmp.appcompat.txt
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3BE8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
>
> These files may be available here:
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_WINWORD.EXE_d3b9e49ddd413883ddeec956bd91a0daa0373d7_186546a1
>
> Analysis symbol:
> Rechecking for solution: 0
> Report Id: 96ece467-cfa1-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
> Report Status: 0
>
> -----------------------------
>
> After I kill the process, this is entered in the Application Log:
>
> -----------------------------
>
> The program WINWORD.EXE version 12.0.6514.5000 stopped interacting with
> Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is
> available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
> Process ID: 1cd8
> Start Time: 01ca63ad78f28e94
> Termination Time: 31
> Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE
> Report Id: e6cbd2e1-cfa0-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Nothing is logged in the Action Center.
>
> Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
> 

0
Tony
11/13/2009 11:08:37 AM
It also seems that some of the latest updates have caused problems in Excel. 
Somethuing is definitely amiss, and I would suggest uninstalling until 
things are resolved.

-- 
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"Tony Jollans" <My forename at my surname dot com> wrote in message 
news:%23xawuGFZKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It may be unconnected but worth mentioning:
>
> There are, apparently, some issues with a security update (MS09-065)  that 
> you probably also installed. I quote:
>
> "Details: Initial reports indicate that this affects Windows XP systems 
> with
> an ATI Radeon HD 2400 series card.
>
> Workaround: uninstall the update after booting in safe mode, upgrade ATI
> driver to the latest version (9.1, released 10/22/2009), then reapply
> MS09-065/969947"
>
> -- 
> Enjoy,
> Tony
>
> www.WordArticles.com
>
> "Joel Finkel" <JoelFinkel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:AFFA8DE5-0F6F-4F15-BF37-C13C6058F41A@microsoft.com...
>> Last night, 14 updates were applied to Office.  Of these, 12 were 
>> security
>> updates and 2 were application updates:
>>
>> 1) Update for 2007 Microsoft office system (KB973904)
>> 2) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561)
>>
>> I am no longer able to "Save As..." or Print.  I can no longer change the
>> status of Word Plugins UNLESS I start Word with the "/a" option.
>>
>> Using this option (I guess it is Safe Mode), I was able to turn off all
>> plugins.  But that has not solved the problem.  If I run Word in normal 
>> mode,
>> it freezes when trying to Save As, Print, or access the plugins settings 
>> page.
>>
>> This log entry is placed in the Application Log:
>>
>> ----------------------------------
>>
>> Fault bucket 818791578, type 5
>> Event Name: AppHangB1
>> Response: Not available
>> Cab Id: 0
>>
>> Problem signature:
>> P1: WINWORD.EXE
>> P2: 12.0.6514.5000
>> P3: 4a89d533
>> P4: 7ce8
>> P5: 0
>> P6:
>> P7:
>> P8:
>> P9:
>> P10:
>>
>> Attached files:
>> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\2426548.od
>> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\CVR6B4.tmp.cvr
>> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B1C.tmp.appcompat.txt
>> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3BE8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
>>
>> These files may be available here:
>> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_WINWORD.EXE_d3b9e49ddd413883ddeec956bd91a0daa0373d7_186546a1
>>
>> Analysis symbol:
>> Rechecking for solution: 0
>> Report Id: 96ece467-cfa1-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
>> Report Status: 0
>>
>> -----------------------------
>>
>> After I kill the process, this is entered in the Application Log:
>>
>> -----------------------------
>>
>> The program WINWORD.EXE version 12.0.6514.5000 stopped interacting with
>> Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is
>> available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
>> Process ID: 1cd8
>> Start Time: 01ca63ad78f28e94
>> Termination Time: 31
>> Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE
>> Report Id: e6cbd2e1-cfa0-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Nothing is logged in the Action Center.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
>>
> 

0
Tony
11/13/2009 11:35:38 AM

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

> It also seems that some of the latest updates have caused problems in Excel. 
> Somethuing is definitely amiss, and I would suggest uninstalling until 
> things are resolved.
> 
> -- 
> Enjoy,
> Tony
> 
>  www.WordArticles.com
> 
> "Tony Jollans" <My forename at my surname dot com> wrote in message 
> news:%23xawuGFZKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > It may be unconnected but worth mentioning:
> >
> > There are, apparently, some issues with a security update (MS09-065)  that 
> > you probably also installed. I quote:
> >
> > "Details: Initial reports indicate that this affects Windows XP systems 
> > with
> > an ATI Radeon HD 2400 series card.
> >
> > Workaround: uninstall the update after booting in safe mode, upgrade ATI
> > driver to the latest version (9.1, released 10/22/2009), then reapply
> > MS09-065/969947"
> >
> > -- 
> > Enjoy,
> > Tony
> >
> > www.WordArticles.com
> >
> > "Joel Finkel" <JoelFinkel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:AFFA8DE5-0F6F-4F15-BF37-C13C6058F41A@microsoft.com...
> >> Last night, 14 updates were applied to Office.  Of these, 12 were 
> >> security
> >> updates and 2 were application updates:
> >>
> >> 1) Update for 2007 Microsoft office system (KB973904)
> >> 2) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561)
> >>
> >> I am no longer able to "Save As..." or Print.  I can no longer change the
> >> status of Word Plugins UNLESS I start Word with the "/a" option.
> >>
> >> Using this option (I guess it is Safe Mode), I was able to turn off all
> >> plugins.  But that has not solved the problem.  If I run Word in normal 
> >> mode,
> >> it freezes when trying to Save As, Print, or access the plugins settings 
> >> page.
> >>
> >> This log entry is placed in the Application Log:
> >>
> >> ----------------------------------
> >>
> >> Fault bucket 818791578, type 5
> >> Event Name: AppHangB1
> >> Response: Not available
> >> Cab Id: 0
> >>
> >> Problem signature:
> >> P1: WINWORD.EXE
> >> P2: 12.0.6514.5000
> >> P3: 4a89d533
> >> P4: 7ce8
> >> P5: 0
> >> P6:
> >> P7:
> >> P8:
> >> P9:
> >> P10:
> >>
> >> Attached files:
> >> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\2426548.od
> >> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\CVR6B4.tmp.cvr
> >> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B1C.tmp.appcompat.txt
> >> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3BE8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
> >>
> >> These files may be available here:
> >> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_WINWORD.EXE_d3b9e49ddd413883ddeec956bd91a0daa0373d7_186546a1
> >>
> >> Analysis symbol:
> >> Rechecking for solution: 0
> >> Report Id: 96ece467-cfa1-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
> >> Report Status: 0
> >>
> >> -----------------------------
> >>
> >> After I kill the process, this is entered in the Application Log:
> >>
> >> -----------------------------
> >>
> >> The program WINWORD.EXE version 12.0.6514.5000 stopped interacting with
> >> Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is
> >> available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
> >> Process ID: 1cd8
> >> Start Time: 01ca63ad78f28e94
> >> Termination Time: 31
> >> Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE
> >> Report Id: e6cbd2e1-cfa0-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
> >>
> >> ------------------------------
> >>
> >> Nothing is logged in the Action Center.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
> >>
> > 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
11/14/2009 11:40:01 AM
I'm having major issues too with Word and Internet Explorer.  It all started 
after the automatic updates were installed on my Windows Vista system.
One day I'm fine and everything is working.  The morning after, NOTHING works.
I uninstalled EVERYTHING that was installed during the past week.  That 
seems to help but I've definitely noticed some issues and functionality now 
lost in Word. I haven't tried the other programs (Excel, Publisher, Access) 
yet.  Lord knows what I'll find there!!

Is anyone else having this issue???


0
Utf
11/14/2009 11:43:01 AM
Hello I also intalled KB974561 and Word Freezes everytime I want to
save/save as/print/delete a picture/ etc etc.

I have to finish a presentation today, and havent done any backup!!!.
Need to save as word2003... but word frezee...

thanks!!

On Nov 12, 1:04=A0pm, Joel Finkel <JoelFin...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Last night, 14 updates were applied to Office. =A0Of these, 12 were secur=
ity
> updates and 2 were application updates:
>
> 1) Update for 2007 Microsoft office system (KB973904)
> 2) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561)
>
> I am no longer able to "Save As..." or Print. =A0I can no longer change t=
he
> status of Word Plugins UNLESS I start Word with the "/a" option.
>
> Using this option (I guess it is Safe Mode), I was able to turn off all
> plugins. =A0But that has not solved the problem. =A0If I run Word in norm=
al mode,
> it freezes when trying to Save As, Print, or access the plugins settings =
page.
>
> This log entry is placed in the Application Log:
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> Fault bucket 818791578, type 5
> Event Name: AppHangB1
> Response: Not available
> Cab Id: 0
>
> Problem signature:
> P1: WINWORD.EXE
> P2: 12.0.6514.5000
> P3: 4a89d533
> P4: 7ce8
> P5: 0
> P6:
> P7:
> P8:
> P9:
> P10:
>
> Attached files:
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\2426548.od
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\CVR6B4.tmp.cvr
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B1C.tmp.appcompat.txt
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3BE8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
>
> These files may be available here:
> C:\Users\jfinkel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHan=
g_ WINWORD.EXE_d3b9e49ddd413883ddeec956bd91a0daa0373d7_186546a1
>
> Analysis symbol:
> Rechecking for solution: 0
> Report Id: 96ece467-cfa1-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
> Report Status: 0
>
> -----------------------------
>
> After I kill the process, this is entered in the Application Log:
>
> -----------------------------
>
> The program WINWORD.EXE version 12.0.6514.5000 stopped interacting with
> Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is
> available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
> =A0Process ID: 1cd8
> =A0Start Time: 01ca63ad78f28e94
> =A0Termination Time: 31
> =A0Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.E=
XE
> =A0Report Id: e6cbd2e1-cfa0-11de-b81d-0016e6d718db
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Nothing is logged in the Action Center.
>
> Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

0
AleM
11/15/2009 3:52:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

problem with BOLD. ITALIC...using Word as editor
I compose a msg using Outlook. Word is the editor. I set a word in bold ot italic. I send msg to myselg, reading in Outlook. The bold or italic is gone. What to do? Thanks, Leo Are you sending the message as text only? If so all formatting will disappear. If you want to retain your formatting you'll need to send your messages as HTML. You can check this in your Outlook options. -- Martin Sketchley | www.msketchley.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk (remove EGGBEANSANDSPAM to reply by e-mail) ...

Printing WORD docs from a form
I have a button on a form and I want it to print a Word mail merge document that contains data from the database that is linked to my application. I'm using the following code but always get a 5922 error - Word can't open the source... All variable names contain valid data, so that's NOT the problem. With appWord .Visible = True .Documents.Open pathdocname With .ActiveDocument.MailMerge .MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters strConnection = "DSN=MS Access Databases;" _ & "DB...

Windows XP: Open file in read-only: Word, Excel, Visio
I'm often sharing files on a network drive with someone. Often, one of us knows that we don't need to open a file for modification, and we only need read-access. Is there a way to open a file in read-only mode so that when someone does need to open it for modification, the read-only user is not blocking that? If there is not a way to do this native to Windows XP, is there a way to do it from the three applications that we use most, namely Word, Excel, Visio? All are 2003 versions. Thx. I used to save files like this in "read only recommended" mode. File|SaveAs|Tools|Ge...

Not enough memory error trying to open a Word X file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Error message: &quot;There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete the operation&quot; when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version. Any tips? Not enough information to answer. Check that OS X and Office 2008 have the latest updates applied. Use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions. Check the access your user ID has to the system Temporary folder (don't worry about this if you ar...

Cannot upgrade to Word 2007 from Word 2002 as word crashes when tr
We have a word add in that programatically inserts an auto text table then adds rows to it. This works ok in Word 2002 but occasionally crashes in Word 2007 - this is not a consistent crash when we carry out the same operation it happens in no specific sequence. The only place we are able to track it down to is the auto text table inserting rows. Word itself is crashing. We are using COM AddIn written in VB6. Does anyone know of any key differences/issues between Word 2002 and Word 2007 that could cause such an error. Or is there a better way to attach a debugger/word debugg...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...
Hi there, When I use Word 2007 TOC, and I want to edit an existing TOC layout, etc. It wont remember my settings. I go to References Table of Contents Insert Table of Contents Then I make my chnages here, such as changing the levels of the various styles and how they show up Then I select OK, the TOC is created.. I then decide I don't like the changes I made, or I need to include another style So I go to References Table of Contents Insert Table of Contents The changes I made are no where to be seen. I have to start over from scratch. What am I doing wrong,...

Encoded Word Documents
We have recently purchased a new pc with windows 7 and have installed the Microsoft Office software however when I got to open a PDF or word document from a webpage a file conversion pop up box comes up and asks for me to select the encoding that makes the document readable but none of them do. even the windows default doesn't work...... You cannot open a pdf in Word. You need Adobe Reader. What you're downloading from a web page probably isn't a Word document, either. On May 27, 4:25=A0pm, Newuser <Newu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have rece...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment
I need to be able to send a bulk e-mail (not from a template) with attachments of a number of different document types to a group of contacts (could be from a Saved View or Marketing List). Direct E-mail, Quick Campaigns and Mail Merge do not seem to be able to do this. Is there another way? Thanks. Nope. Take a look at this blog http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/msg/0a84808e99645006?dmode=source&hl=en Cheers, Venkatesh ---- On May 16, 11:57 pm, DStella <DSte...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to be able to send a bulk e-mail (not from a tem...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?
I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under View. Suggestions? On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:55:28 -0600, "Gary Gary" <blah@blah.blah> wrote: >I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where >Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under >View. Suggestions? The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken. Wha...

system requirement updates
It would be very helpful if changes in system requirements were denoted in some way other than just the updated "last changed" date. E.g. a section that says "now known to work with Win 2003 SP4." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

Where are my saved word?
I open the attachment directly, it is .doc and edit it in a loong time, what I ask is when I press save button and it show nothing so I think it succes. And I close it!! I can't find it now, could you help me ????? Thanks! It is gone. When editing an attachment, you /must/ save it to your HDD first, edit it and then reattach it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "smezsc" <smezsc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AF0D07A-D490-4819-A649-1C5FC079027F@microsoft.com... >I open the attachment dire...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7
My niece is handicapped and her new computer has Office 2007 on it. She would like me to install word 2002 on her Inspiron 546. Is this possible? Yes, if it is licensed for another computer. If it is an OEM version, it cannot be installed on any but the system with which it was sold. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sharon F" <SharonF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216DC8A6-4282-46A1-876D-B4D76E793F33@microsoft.com... > My niece is handicapped and her new computer ...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line
Hello: I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs on my page. I have no idea how to get this thing to go away. Please, could you tell me what to do to get rid of it? Thanks, John Saxon See here http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "John" <someone@someplace.invalid> wrote in message news:2B22C75C-4BBB-43E0-8C67-BE19C55B818C@microsoft.com... > Hello: > > I have this moderately thick, black, dotted line running between paragraphs on > my p...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Update links
I have a spreadsheet which, until recently, on opening updated links to external spreadsheets (whether or not the file was already open). Now, for some strange reason, it updates all but one link but it will do so when that file is already open. I get the message "The workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated". Any ideas why this should happen please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Any chance that the link points to a CSV file--not a normal excel workbook? If not, you may want to share the formula that contains the link. Bill Ridgeway wrote: > > I have a...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?
I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003. Is there a way to use Word as my email editor? Thanks, tfall No. Version must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58F9CAE-086B-4B7...

Microsoft Word Question
Hi all, I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could tell me which group I should post in? On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be able to do in earlier Word versions. Would anyone be able to help please? Mick Cant. "Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:JfqdnRfHApyrTBDUnZ2dnUVZ8tqdnZ2d@brightview.com... > Hi all, > I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone cou...

Word 2007 error 01-13-10
We hvae offfcie 2007 professional installed, user's getting the following erro when launch word 2007, If I re-create the windows user profile it works fine. Is any easire workaround for this. Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object This is usually the result of a broken add-in or a corrupted Normal.dotm template -- see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828550 for background. First, with Word closed down, go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates and rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm. Restart Word, which will create a new...

Automatically updating text
Is it possible to set the properties of a text box so that if the text is changed on the main page the same text is seen on all other pages of the file where the text box is placed? e.g. On the front page there is a textbox for the version of the drawing, when this is changed a similar text box on other pages is automatically updated. Any help would be much appreciated. have that text box be on the bottom background page and shows thru on to all other pages; only one object; change it and its "updated" on all pages at same time <jphsubs@googlemail.com> wrote in message ...

Making scatter plot auto update
I am doing an analysis between two variables, X- the number of milestones one of our partner reaches a month and Y- the amount of money the partner gets from us every month. The data thus far is in a list with headers of the year, the month, the partner name, milestones reached, and total payment. I wanted to do a linear regression of each partner and see how they are performing. For my information so far for my report, I copied the data of each partner onto its own spreadsheet and then made a scatter plot, fitted it with a line and got the R Squared value. What I now want is to be able to ad...