Word file too large to open

I have a document that is 566mb and will not open in Word. Is there a way to
compress it or something else that will open it?

Thanks!

You could try if OpenOffice Writer (http://www.openoffice.org/) could open
it. Sometimes that product is better at opening corrupted or too large
documents than Word is.

If that doesn't work, is your document a docx file (Word 2007 version)? If
so, you could change the extension from docx to zip and go into the archive.
Maybe you can remove some graphics or stuff in the hope the document will
become smaller and then try to open it. It should have some linking errors
for the missing images, but you should be able to open it.

Yves

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a document that is 566mb and will not open in Word. Is there a way
> compress it or something else that will open it?
>
> Thanks!

0
Yves

Printing WORD docs from a form

How to eliminate the effect of Large Size DPI(120dpi)
the Large Size DPI(120dpi) mess up the whole UI how to ignore the DPI setting and make the UI as it is? sorry for my poor english. What is it that looks messing up? Are you drawing text that is getting messed up or in general your windows controls look messed up? AliR. <tezheng@tsinghua.org.cn> wrote in message news:44e1e613_2@x-privat.org... > the Large Size DPI(120dpi) mess up the whole UI > how to ignore the DPI setting and make the UI as it is? > > sorry for my poor english. > > controls on the window all moved, and are much bigger, since the dpi increase...

File Access is Denied....Argh!
Hi, I purchased a Sony Vaio laptop. Included is a trial edition of MS Office. I tried to import my .PST file that I copied from my last computer. I received the message: "Access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file F:outlook.pst." Of course, there was no help file to explain what to do next or solve the problem. So, I went to the MS website and signed up for the MS Passport program, against my wishes; but it was required to get service to solve this problem. And then after all the hoops they made me jump through, they tell me that the pro...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Why am I rebuilding OST file every 4 weeks???
This can be quite a pain when your inbox is a gigabyte or larger This is a major ???&*()$@#^ bug in Office 2003, but not the only one I have found. I want my money back. Your Inbox is over 1 Gig?... Make a PST or something... or are you trying to test the boundaries o what this program can and cant do ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your Inbox is over 1 Gig?... Make a PST or something... or are you trying to test the boundaries of what this progr...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

one pst file
i use outlook on both my desktop and my laptop. i want to use the same *.pst file. so i put it on a network drive, and it works for awhile. but, a lot of times i get duplicate downloads of my emails from my ISP, another time the address book (contacts), stopped working on the laptop. whats the right way to have a one data *.pst file for both computers? thanks Unfortunately pst files were not designed to be shared by multiple machines. It can be done but if more than one Outlook tries to open the pst at the same time then it can damage the pst file. You may try looking on http:...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

How do i remove outliers from a large data table so that i can in.
Hi you may post your question as body of your message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "skyewell" <skyewell@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:07B029C4-3DB0-4206-9661-7A152FA9E2B6@microsoft.com... > ...

Log File Issues
On my second partition on exchange 2000, my log files have filled it up. Total there are just over 35Gig worth (2.4Meg of free space) of log files in the ExDATA dir. Can I delete some/all of these? I cannot mount the store and think that this might have something to do with it. Thanks in advance -Vince do not delete these files...take a full, online backup immediately...this will purge the committed log files...are you not performing nightly backups? If you delete those files, you could run into serious trouble later... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Vince" <Vince@discussions...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Import HTML Form Data in Multiple Email (multiple text files)
PROBLEM: I have an HTML form on a webpage that submits (posts) the form data results to me via email. I now have hundreds of emails (.eml files from Windows Live Mail) in a folder on my desktop that contain newsletter signup data from people wanting to join my mailing list. These are names, email addresses, phone numbers, and some check box information. The data is in the body of the messages in the following format: Field 1: User Entry 1 Field 2: User Entry 2 Field 3: User Entry 3 SOLUTION NEEDED: I need a way to automate importation of the data from the text inside thes...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

File size and data loss compare
I have a file that I download off my companies webserver. When I pull it off the webserver to my harddrive it comes down as a 12 meg CSV file. I open the file in Excel 2000 and then save it as an Excel file and the file size changes to around 3 meg. When the file is in Excel I have 6000 rows and the columns go out to AK. Is there an easy way to see what I am loosing when I go from the CSV to Excel? It worrys me that there is such a huge file difference Sounds like your file is comma-delimited...I assume you are using Excel's built-in conversion tool to seperate the lines of...

Lost file Retrieving from back-up CD
I use Money 2001. I back up to CDRW about every 3 months. I have "lost" one of my accounts. It has just disappeared. On 01/13/04 I vaguely recall seeing a screen when I was exiting that said "compacting" file. Now the account does not show up by title anywhere. The last back-up on the hard drive is Sept 03. The copy moved on CDRW is 12/26/03. However, it says I do not have access to the file. I also am not able to open any other accounts from the CDRW. I have been attempting to change the file properties and remove "read-only" from all my docu...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...