Word equation too large to convert error

I am using field codes to program Word and it is working OK in all Word
versions other than Word 2007. Even the native field codes with EQ created
with Word 2007 itself giving blank equation upon double clicked with the
above error. Is there a solution for this bug? My clients who are users of
the document generated are getting frustrated with this sudden new behaviour
of Word 7. CAn any one know the reason and solution for this. Thanks in
advance

Hi PSPC,

You'll get an error if the equation spans more than one line, so make sure it doesn't. BTW, this affects all Word versions.

Other than that, what's the equation? Can you split it into multiple parts?

--
Cheers
macropod

"PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB909BB1-AF05-4A2F-8CFB-677A5D60C8BC@microsoft.com...
>I am using field codes to program Word and it is working OK in all Word
> versions other than Word 2007. Even the native field codes with EQ created
> with Word 2007 itself giving blank equation upon double clicked with the
> above error. Is there a solution for this bug? My clients who are users of
> the document generated are getting frustrated with this sudden new behaviour
> of Word 7. CAn any one know the reason and solution for this. Thanks in
> advance
0
macropod
11/12/2009 9:43:24 AM
Hi Macropad,
Thanks a lot for responding to the mail and in offering your support.
Unfortunately this is not the case and very simple equations like {EQ 22}
giving this error and the problem occurs only in Word 7 and none else. This
is happenning even for those equations created using Word 7 itself.

My googling showed another user suffered with this problem in Word 2003 and
the issue is listed in the following website.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31565367/word-2003-equation-editor.aspx

Hope this information is useful to you and I may be given further guidance
on this

Thank you
PSPC

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi PSPC,
>
> You'll get an error if the equation spans more than one line, so make sure it doesn't. BTW, this affects all Word versions.
>
> Other than that, what's the equation? Can you split it into multiple parts?
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB909BB1-AF05-4A2F-8CFB-677A5D60C8BC@microsoft.com...
> >I am using field codes to program Word and it is working OK in all Word
> > versions other than Word 2007. Even the native field codes with EQ created
> > with Word 2007 itself giving blank equation upon double clicked with the
> > above error. Is there a solution for this bug? My clients who are users of
> > the document generated are getting frustrated with this sudden new behaviour
> > of Word 7. CAn any one know the reason and solution for this. Thanks in
> > advance
> .

Hi PSPC,

Word 7? {EQ 22}, as an Equation Field, works for me with both Word 2000 and Word 2007, returning nothing more than '22'.

Note: {EQ 22} would normally represent the use of an Equation Field (where the braces are created via Ctrl-F9) and has nothing to do
with using the Equation Editor. Inputting {EQ 22} into the Equation Editor in either Word 2000 or Word 2007 simply results in the
display of '{EQ 22}'.

--
Cheers
macropod

"PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F2417D-F3D2-4766-8829-BBB9BA6170BA@microsoft.com...
> Hi Macropad,
> Thanks a lot for responding to the mail and in offering your support.
> Unfortunately this is not the case and very simple equations like {EQ 22}
> giving this error and the problem occurs only in Word 7 and none else. This
> is happenning even for those equations created using Word 7 itself.
>
> My googling showed another user suffered with this problem in Word 2003 and
> the issue is listed in the following website.
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31565367/word-2003-equation-editor.aspx
>
> Hope this information is useful to you and I may be given further guidance
> on this
>
> Thank you
> PSPC
>
> "macropod" wrote:
>
>> Hi PSPC,
>>
>> You'll get an error if the equation spans more than one line, so make sure it doesn't. BTW, this affects all Word versions.
>>
>> Other than that, what's the equation? Can you split it into multiple parts?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>

>> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB909BB1-AF05-4A2F-8CFB-677A5D60C8BC@microsoft.com...
>> >I am using field codes to program Word and it is working OK in all Word
>> > versions other than Word 2007. Even the native field codes with EQ created
>> > with Word 2007 itself giving blank equation upon double clicked with the
>> > above error. Is there a solution for this bug? My clients who are users of
>> > the document generated are getting frustrated with this sudden new behaviour
>> > of Word 7. CAn any one know the reason and solution for this. Thanks in
>> > advance
>> .

0
macropod
11/13/2009 8:52:28 AM
Dear Macropad,

May be I feel I should keep my problem even simpler to convey it correctly.
Braces are indicated by me only to make it clearer that I am using field
codes that too EQ for making equation.

The following are the steps I have done. Please look at this to guide me
better:
1) Opened Word 7 application (new document)
2) Went Insert --> Quick parts --> Fields --> EQ--> FieldCodes
3) Typed 2x+3 (or 22 whatever)
4) Clicked on OK to comeback to Word document to see equation 2x+3
5) Double clicking on this used to take me to Word equation editor to modify
the equation in previous word versions. But in Word 7, it is giving the error
message "Word equation too large to convert"
6) I enabled Macoros too (for your information)

Also in my previous reply, I have given link to another site where another
user having similar problem in Word 2003

Hope this information may be useful for you in giving a quick solution. This
is very urgent to me and hopr you can help me out without the need of further
inputs

regards
PSPC

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi PSPC,
>
> Word 7? {EQ 22}, as an Equation Field, works for me with both Word 2000 and Word 2007, returning nothing more than '22'.
>
> Note: {EQ 22} would normally represent the use of an Equation Field (where the braces are created via Ctrl-F9) and has nothing to do
> with using the Equation Editor. Inputting {EQ 22} into the Equation Editor in either Word 2000 or Word 2007 simply results in the
> display of '{EQ 22}'.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F2417D-F3D2-4766-8829-BBB9BA6170BA@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Macropad,
> > Thanks a lot for responding to the mail and in offering your support.
> > Unfortunately this is not the case and very simple equations like {EQ 22}
> > giving this error and the problem occurs only in Word 7 and none else. This
> > is happenning even for those equations created using Word 7 itself.
> >
> > My googling showed another user suffered with this problem in Word 2003 and
> > the issue is listed in the following website.
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31565367/word-2003-equation-editor.aspx
> >
> > Hope this information is useful to you and I may be given further guidance
> > on this
> >
> > Thank you
> > PSPC
> >
> > "macropod" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi PSPC,
> >>
> >> You'll get an error if the equation spans more than one line, so make sure it doesn't. BTW, this affects all Word versions.
> >>
> >> Other than that, what's the equation? Can you split it into multiple parts?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> macropod
> >> [Microsoft MVP - Word]

> >> .
> >>

> .

Hi PSPC,

I'd say that's a bug. It seems Word is assuming you have an equation created via the Equation Editor, whereas you've actually got an
EQ field. Nonetheless, you can edit the field by selecting it and pressing Shift-F9 to expose the field code. When you're finished
editing, press F9 to update the display.

--
Cheers
macropod

"PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82E68442-97B1-4A6C-892A-F6E131AFFC19@microsoft.com...
> Dear Macropad,
>
> May be I feel I should keep my problem even simpler to convey it correctly.
> Braces are indicated by me only to make it clearer that I am using field
> codes that too EQ for making equation.
>
> The following are the steps I have done. Please look at this to guide me
> better:
> 1) Opened Word 7 application (new document)
> 2) Went Insert --> Quick parts --> Fields --> EQ--> FieldCodes
> 3) Typed 2x+3 (or 22 whatever)
> 4) Clicked on OK to comeback to Word document to see equation 2x+3
> 5) Double clicking on this used to take me to Word equation editor to modify
> the equation in previous word versions. But in Word 7, it is giving the error
> message "Word equation too large to convert"
> 6) I enabled Macoros too (for your information)
>
> Also in my previous reply, I have given link to another site where another
> user having similar problem in Word 2003
>
> Hope this information may be useful for you in giving a quick solution. This
> is very urgent to me and hopr you can help me out without the need of further
> inputs
>
> regards
> PSPC
>
> "macropod" wrote:
>
>> Hi PSPC,
>>
>> Word 7? {EQ 22}, as an Equation Field, works for me with both Word 2000 and Word 2007, returning nothing more than '22'.
>>
>> Note: {EQ 22} would normally represent the use of an Equation Field (where the braces are created via Ctrl-F9) and has nothing to
>> do
>> with using the Equation Editor. Inputting {EQ 22} into the Equation Editor in either Word 2000 or Word 2007 simply results in the
>> display of '{EQ 22}'.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>

>> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F2417D-F3D2-4766-8829-BBB9BA6170BA@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Macropad,
>> > Thanks a lot for responding to the mail and in offering your support.
>> > Unfortunately this is not the case and very simple equations like {EQ 22}
>> > giving this error and the problem occurs only in Word 7 and none else. This
>> > is happenning even for those equations created using Word 7 itself.
>> >
>> > My googling showed another user suffered with this problem in Word 2003 and
>> > the issue is listed in the following website.
>> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31565367/word-2003-equation-editor.aspx
>> >
>> > Hope this information is useful to you and I may be given further guidance
>> > on this
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > PSPC

>> .

0
macropod
11/16/2009 8:46:23 PM
Dear Macropod,

I can open field codes and do all modifications. But the problem is that
word documents containing EQ fields gets generated from our applications and
our clients do not know to operate and edit complex fieldcodes. What they
know is to doubcle click on the equation and go to equation editor (it used
to work in all previous versions of Word). Suddenly in Word 2007 we are
getting this proble and I badly need a quick solution for this.

Anyone please  suggest me any alternative website where I can post and get a
correct solution for this atleast.

Thanks & regards
PSPC

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi PSPC,
>
> I'd say that's a bug. It seems Word is assuming you have an equation created via the Equation Editor, whereas you've actually got an
> EQ field. Nonetheless, you can edit the field by selecting it and pressing Shift-F9 to expose the field code. When you're finished
> editing, press F9 to update the display.
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82E68442-97B1-4A6C-892A-F6E131AFFC19@microsoft.com...
> > Dear Macropad,
> >
> > May be I feel I should keep my problem even simpler to convey it correctly.
> > Braces are indicated by me only to make it clearer that I am using field
> > codes that too EQ for making equation.
> >
> > The following are the steps I have done. Please look at this to guide me
> > better:
> > 1) Opened Word 7 application (new document)
> > 2) Went Insert --> Quick parts --> Fields --> EQ--> FieldCodes
> > 3) Typed 2x+3 (or 22 whatever)
> > 4) Clicked on OK to comeback to Word document to see equation 2x+3
> > 5) Double clicking on this used to take me to Word equation editor to modify
> > the equation in previous word versions. But in Word 7, it is giving the error
> > message "Word equation too large to convert"
> > 6) I enabled Macoros too (for your information)
> >
> > Also in my previous reply, I have given link to another site where another
> > user having similar problem in Word 2003
> >
> > Hope this information may be useful for you in giving a quick solution. This
> > is very urgent to me and hopr you can help me out without the need of further
> > inputs
> >
> > regards
> > PSPC
> >
> > "macropod" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi PSPC,
> >>
> >> Word 7? {EQ 22}, as an Equation Field, works for me with both Word 2000 and Word 2007, returning nothing more than '22'.
> >>
> >> Note: {EQ 22} would normally represent the use of an Equation Field (where the braces are created via Ctrl-F9) and has nothing to
> >> do
> >> with using the Equation Editor. Inputting {EQ 22} into the Equation Editor in either Word 2000 or Word 2007 simply results in the
> >> display of '{EQ 22}'.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> macropod
> >> [Microsoft MVP - Word]

> >> .
> >>

> .

Hi PSPC,

The same 'bug' exists in previous Word versions as well. I've just replicated it in Word 2000, using {EQ 22}.

--
Cheers
macropod

"PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F9A3767-DAB3-4771-BEB8-BC9A9390B195@microsoft.com...
> Dear Macropod,
>
> I can open field codes and do all modifications. But the problem is that
> word documents containing EQ fields gets generated from our applications and
> our clients do not know to operate and edit complex fieldcodes. What they
> know is to doubcle click on the equation and go to equation editor (it used
> to work in all previous versions of Word). Suddenly in Word 2007 we are
> getting this proble and I badly need a quick solution for this.
>
> Anyone please  suggest me any alternative website where I can post and get a
> correct solution for this atleast.
>

> Thanks & regards
> PSPC
>
> "macropod" wrote:
>
>> Hi PSPC,
>>
>> I'd say that's a bug. It seems Word is assuming you have an equation created via the Equation Editor, whereas you've actually got
>> an
>> EQ field. Nonetheless, you can edit the field by selecting it and pressing Shift-F9 to expose the field code. When you're
>> finished
>> editing, press F9 to update the display.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>

>> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82E68442-97B1-4A6C-892A-F6E131AFFC19@microsoft.com...
>> > Dear Macropad,
>> >
>> > May be I feel I should keep my problem even simpler to convey it correctly.
>> > Braces are indicated by me only to make it clearer that I am using field
>> > codes that too EQ for making equation.
>> >
>> > The following are the steps I have done. Please look at this to guide me
>> > better:
>> > 1) Opened Word 7 application (new document)
>> > 2) Went Insert --> Quick parts --> Fields --> EQ--> FieldCodes
>> > 3) Typed 2x+3 (or 22 whatever)
>> > 4) Clicked on OK to comeback to Word document to see equation 2x+3
>> > 5) Double clicking on this used to take me to Word equation editor to modify
>> > the equation in previous word versions. But in Word 7, it is giving the error
>> > message "Word equation too large to convert"
>> > 6) I enabled Macoros too (for your information)
>> >
>> > Also in my previous reply, I have given link to another site where another
>> > user having similar problem in Word 2003
>> >
>> > Hope this information may be useful for you in giving a quick solution. This
>> > is very urgent to me and hopr you can help me out without the need of further
>> > inputs
>> >
>> > regards
>> > PSPC

>> .

0
macropod
11/18/2009 12:51:22 AM
I feel we are missing some important link somewhere. I am not getting any
error even with Word 2003 in my system.  It is only coming with Word 2007
systems to me and my clients. Please indicate me is there a possibility of
any missing/optional component in the Word installation that is responsible
for this error? Is the equation editor in Word (Word equation 3.0) is same as
MathType? If so, is this a bug with Mathtype euation editor?

regards and Thanks
PSPC

"macropod" wrote:

> Hi PSPC,
>
> The same 'bug' exists in previous Word versions as well. I've just replicated it in Word 2000, using {EQ 22}.
>

> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "PSPC" <PSPC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F9A3767-DAB3-4771-BEB8-BC9A9390B195@microsoft.com...
> > Dear Macropod,
> >
> > I can open field codes and do all modifications. But the problem is that
> > word documents containing EQ fields gets generated from our applications and
> > our clients do not know to operate and edit complex fieldcodes. What they
> > know is to doubcle click on the equation and go to equation editor (it used
> > to work in all previous versions of Word). Suddenly in Word 2007 we are
> > getting this proble and I badly need a quick solution for this.
> >
> > Anyone please  suggest me any alternative website where I can post and get a
> > correct solution for this atleast.
> >

> > Thanks & regards
> > PSPC
> >
> > "macropod" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi PSPC,
> >>
> >> I'd say that's a bug. It seems Word is assuming you have an equation created via the Equation Editor, whereas you've actually got
> >> an
> >> EQ field. Nonetheless, you can edit the field by selecting it and pressing Shift-F9 to expose the field code. When you're
> >> finished
> >> editing, press F9 to update the display.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> macropod
> >> [Microsoft MVP - Word]

> >> .
> >>

> .

Dear PSPC,

Unfortunately this is something that probably won't be fixed. The
EQ-handling code in Word and Equation Editor is old code, and most people who
used to use EQ fields don't seem to anymore. I know this doesn't help your
specific situation, but it's analogous somewhat to end-of-life support for a
product. Just like Microsoft no longer supports Word 4.0 or Windows 3.11,
it's understandable also that features that have been superseded in recent
versions are no longer supported either. Although the code to include EQ
fields is still present in Word 2007, it's still in effect been superseded by
other means of creating equations.

It may be your only course of action to use Word 2003 to convert the
equations into Equation Editor or MathType (which, no, is not the same as
Equation Editor) equations, which will then open in Word 2007.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more encouragement.

Bob Mathews
Director of Training
Design Science, Inc.
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor

"PSPC" wrote:

> I am using field codes to program Word and it is working OK in all Word
> versions other than Word 2007. Even the native field codes with EQ created
> with Word 2007 itself giving blank equation upon double clicked with the
> above error. Is there a solution for this bug? My clients who are users of
> the document generated are getting frustrated with this sudden new behaviour
> of Word 7. CAn any one know the reason and solution for this. Thanks in
> advance

How to eliminate the effect of Large Size DPI(120dpi)
the Large Size DPI(120dpi) mess up the whole UI how to ignore the DPI setting and make the UI as it is? sorry for my poor english. What is it that looks messing up? Are you drawing text that is getting messed up or in general your windows controls look messed up? AliR. <tezheng@tsinghua.org.cn> wrote in message news:44e1e613_2@x-privat.org... > the Large Size DPI(120dpi) mess up the whole UI > how to ignore the DPI setting and make the UI as it is? > > sorry for my poor english. > > controls on the window all moved, and are much bigger, since the dpi increase...

Visual Studio C++ 2005 debug Build Errors
Hi, I am working on an application that was created a few years ago(vc6.0). I'm starting to migrate it using Visual Studio2005. I tried to BUILD the project in debug mode, the following errors happened(in release mode compiled sucessfully): ********************************************************* error C2365: 'new' : redefinition; previous definition was a 'member function' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xdebug 32 error C2491: 'new' : definition of dllimport data not allowed c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xdebug...

Printing WORD docs from a form

HTML_CONTROL ERROR
I have an excel file with multiple sheets When I try to make a copy of a worksheet I get an error message "HTML_CONTROL already exists on the destination sheet" I've no idea how I caused this, but it sure is annoying Can anyone help" Thanks ...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

microsoft visual C++ runtime library error #2
Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following error window which is titled "Microsoft visual C++ runtime library": Runtime Error! Program C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I would appreciate ANY IDEAS on this.... Thanks Can someone please help me out? Even if its a link to where this has been answered previously. i have searched but found nothing.... thank-you antonio >-----Original Message----- >Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following >error w...

error in opening tif attachments
when attempting to open a tif format attachment sent to my outlook email, it is being opened in word and the document is no longer readable. Need help in correcting this problem ...

ERROR in Paybles
i got this error when i am trying to edit in saved payables transaction : Unable to save to the batch activity table,you will not be able to use this batch Any help will be appriciated Thanks Peter Peter, First step log out of GP, then try again. If error continues you will need all Users out of GP and run the following statement in SQL: USE DYNAMICS DELETE SY00800 This will clear out any left over locks. Cheers, Mick "Peter" wrote: > i got this error when i am trying to edit in saved payables transaction : > Unable to save to the batch activ...

Convert a2000 back to a97
Hello As a favor for a friend ( I should not volunteer as I do ! ) I am working on a backend db written in Access 97 and used by an off the shelf application. I only have access 2000. I converted it to access 2000 (got a message that said I had to or could not change the db) did some simple loads and conversions and need to save it as an access 97 db so that the app can use it. When I try the tools , db utils, convert db to prior access version I get a message. Your computer is missing at least one of the ms access 97 object libraries. YOur converted database will not work with acc...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Where are my saved word?

Convert text to text
Hi, I have a list of funds from 2 different companies. I have to manully type in one list, different order everyday and out of 25 about 15 are present. Need help with how to fill in formula do get that automated? Any link or article will do. Not clear from your description what you have and what you need. We know you have a list of funds. What and where are you typing? What do you mean by 15 out of 25 are present? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:10:26 -0800 (PST), BetaDocuments <betadocuments@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a list of funds from ...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Endless scrolling error
HI: I've encountered this at several GP v9 installations and my present users want to know what's up. Example: Click the spyglass to bring up let's say the vendor list to select a vendor. Start scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel and all of a sudden it automatically scrolls uncontrollably to the bottom of the list. You can't stop it. It just keeps scrolling and if the list is long enough you may as well go for a coffee break. Any ideas please?? Thanks GP Guy, I seem to recall someone mentioning this being an issue in V9.0 at some point. However, I am not sure i...

Import customizations SQL error
We have a CRM 3.0 rollup 1 test/prototype system using SQL 2005 SP1. I have exported out all the customizations which includes new entities. When I import them into a replicar new blank CRM system it generates a CRM error box saying SQL error. Please contact your system administrator. I've managed to do several imports, importing a small amount of entities in at a time. They have all gone in except for Opportunity, which I still receive the SQL error. I notice that looking at the opportunity form, that they have partly been imported in. The SQLERROR log file provides no help. What ...

Error 0x800CCC0E
After installing XP, SP1 and all the latest patches, I receive the following message when sending eMail through Ooutlook Express. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I do NOT have the option to usee SSL with SMTP checked in the configuration. My eMail provider tells me that the latest patch broke my OE installation and that there is nothing they can do. Any help would be appreciated. > After installing XP, SP1 and ...

An error occurred while retrieving the list of users in Active Directory
hoe to fix this problem? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842493 "Vaidas" wrote: > hoe to fix this problem? > > > ...