Word documents only open as half pages

I have a students whose Word documents only open as half pages instead of
full pages.  This is not a magnification issue, but rather only the top half
of the screen appears.  Any suggestions?
--
SusanY

Document windows are resizeable. Drag to show the rest of the document
window. Word should remember the window size and position (stored in the
registry) the next time it's opened. If it reverts to the half window, then
there's probably a corrupted Word Data registry entry. Because you didn't
specify the version of Word, I can't tell you where it is in the registry.
If this is Word 2007, look here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data

Try renaming or deleting this key (Word will automatically create a new one)
and see if the problem is resolved.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

"SusanY" <sedwards11111@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a students whose Word documents only open as half pages instead of
> full pages.  This is not a magnification issue, but rather only the top
> half
> of the screen appears.  Any suggestions?
> --
> SusanY

1
Herb

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

Printing WORD docs from a form

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Documentation for HTML Format, Syntax for AutoSize
An Excel file can be stored as HTML. Two questions... [1] Does anybody know whether the format is documented somewhere? [2] Is it possible to specify an autosize for a column? -- Michael G. Schneider MTLookup http://www.mtlookup.com Movable Type Weblog http://www.movable-type-weblog.com/ ...

error in opening tif attachments
when attempting to open a tif format attachment sent to my outlook email, it is being opened in word and the document is no longer readable. Need help in correcting this problem ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel It's been over three months since I first asked this question and still no response from Microsoft. I'll try again. <br><br>When I try to use Document Connection to connect to my Office Live Workspace using my Windows Live ID, Document Connection does nothing. The gear just spins and I do not receive a message of any type indicating any problem. I can use my Office Live Workspace via Safari just fine. Why doesn't Document Connection work? Well, whatever the problem was, it was fixed wit...

Encoded Word Documents

Multiple sheets printed to single page
I have a spreadsheet with 3 sheets. Each sheet is just a small table but the column widths are specific, Each sheet is only 3.5 inches tall. I want to print all three sheets on a single page. How do I do this. I've been all over Excell and cant figure it out. Any attempts to merge the sheets ends up modifieing the column widths. Thanks Hi Docwatmo Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message news:4654a420$0$504$815e3792@...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

Page Numbers #15
Publisher 2007 Is there a field for the number of pages? eg Page x of y, where y is the total number of pages. I have found the current page number field (#), but not the total. Go to the Master Page, manually type of x pages after the #. Publisher doesn't count, it will be up to you to type the number of pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ZootRot" <SendMeAsMuchSpamAsPossibleBecauseILoveReceivingSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:e4sBAF2sJHA.4876@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Publisher 2007 > > Is there a field for the number of pages? eg Pag...

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Can web page run an addin?
I'm interested to know if Excel can be automatically opened via a web page having an xla extension and auto run run its code (as it possible with an xls extension). And likewise as an inline email (I don't mean attachment). In XL2000 I can set my security level to Medium or High, and check the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates". This way I get workbook macro protection but my useful addins can run without annoying warnings. I'm happy to do this on the understanding that it's only me who can control whether or not to run any addin. But do I understan...

Slow Response Opening Outlook 2000 SP3
I have Outlook 2000 on a machine here that is taking almost 2 minutes to load when I connect on a LAN. If I connect offline, or from a different machine it works fine. (Other people logging into my machine don't have a problem either) Suggestions? ...

Basic Question on Creating XML documents
Hello: I am learning XML technology. I have a question on creating an XML document that conforms to a DTD/XSD. While there is a function that I can call to make sure that the XML document is valid, I would like to know how I can create it. Do I have to understand the DTD/XSD and code my module so that the XML document is valid? Or, are there tools available to do this? What if the data is in SQL Server but I have to create an XML rendition of the data that conforms to a DTD/XSD? Thanks. venki vvenk wrote: > Hello: > > I am learning XML technology. I have a question on cr...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Excel documents not displayed when excel is opened
When I open excel and select file and open documents that I've saved are not displayed, however if I go into my most recent documents these documents are displayed. Why are they not being displayed in excel vs. my most recent documents? -- rabhatty Depending on how you opened the file and the version of excel, not every file that you worked on appears at the bottom of the File dropdown (in the Most Recently Used file list). Files that are opened by doubleclicking in windows explorer under xl2k (IIRC) won't appear. (xl2002 (I think) changed this behavior.) You may want to post ...