Word 2007 won't start

I have Word 2007 installed under Windows 7 32-bit, all apps updated to
current patch/fix levels.

Whenever I try to start Word 2007, I see the Word document screen, including
a list of recovered documents.  Before the startup sequence finishes, I get
an error message tellng me that "Microsoft Word has stopped working."

I've tried running MS diagnostics and had no luck.

I'd prefer to re-install MS Word without reinstalling all apps, but the next
step appears to be an uninstall/reinstall of MS Office.

Any other ideas?  Thanks!

Michael L. Wyland
Sumption & Wyland
818 South Hawthorne Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD  57104-4537
(605) 336-0244
(605) 336-0275 (FAX)
(888) 4-SUMPTION (toll-free)
michael@sumptionandwyland.com

See:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm

or the Knowledge Base Article "How to troubleshoot problems that occur when
you start or use Word 2007, Word 2003, or Word 2002" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921541?p=1

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"mlwyland" <mlwyland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Word 2007 installed under Windows 7 32-bit, all apps updated to
> current patch/fix levels.
>
> Whenever I try to start Word 2007, I see the Word document screen,
> including
> a list of recovered documents.  Before the startup sequence finishes, I
> get
> an error message tellng me that "Microsoft Word has stopped working."
>
> I've tried running MS diagnostics and had no luck.
>
> I'd prefer to re-install MS Word without reinstalling all apps, but the
> next
> step appears to be an uninstall/reinstall of MS Office.
>
> Any other ideas?  Thanks!
>
> Michael L. Wyland
> Sumption & Wyland
> 818 South Hawthorne Avenue
> Sioux Falls, SD  57104-4537
> (605) 336-0244
> (605) 336-0275 (FAX)
> (888) 4-SUMPTION (toll-free)
> michael@sumptionandwyland.com

0
Doug

Unable to save documents in Word 2007.
When I create or open a document in word 2007, nothing happens when I try to "save" or "save as". The document does not get saved. If i exit, i need to cancel to be able to move out of word. I can only save in PDF format. (power point and exel are working fine) You have an incompatible or legacy add-in that some third party software has added. To test for this, start Word in Safe Mode. From Start | Run (Winkey+R), type in winword /a and press ENTER. Now edit and save. If it is OK, then you need to remove the rogue add-in. These are more often than not t...

2007 Overwrite message
this question maybe is actually about the macro function in Access07 Have a form which shows alot of data - alot of which is involved with query based calculations.... There is an unbound text box ; its purpose is if the user needs to change a key value in the showing data. They can enter a new value into the unbound control...then press an 'update' button. the button runs a macro that runs a series of queries that now use this new value in the unbound text box to replace/insert into underlying table - and runs queries on it. this works 'as is' in Access2003 in Acce...

When I hit Shift 2 I get " instead of @ in word 2007, how do I g.
Can anyone tell me how to get my keyboard back to normal? I don't know what I hit but now instead of getting the normal ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) when hitting the shift 1234567890 I get ! ” / $ % ? & * ( ). Notice the 2, 3, 6 are different symobls. Other keys on the board are different as well, like the shift ?, I get É. Any help on this is greatly appreicated. Thanks in advance. You are using the wrong keyboard/input language. If you have multiple languages installed and you want to keep them all, you can switch between them by pressing ctrl+shift. If you don't w...

"Cannot start outlook. Could not open the item" appears on start.
When I try to open outlook I get the messeage "Cannot open microsoft outlook. Could not find the item." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've never had this problem before and don't know what to do. Can someone help? Janetto <Janetto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to open outlook I get the messeage "Cannot open microsoft > outlook. Could not find the item." I have tried uninstalling and > reinstalling. I've never had this problem before and don't know what > to do. Can someone help? Have you created a...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

Professional 2007 Saves, won't Publish

Moving 2007 to a different hard drive
To free up space on my older laptop, I moved Office 2007 to a portable hard drive. I don't know how to access the programs now. Any help out there? You would have needed to uninstall Office 2007 then custom install to the new location. So how did you move office? "Weepski" <Weepski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A6353FD-C363-496A-95F8-E9C7524978EA@microsoft.com... > To free up space on my older laptop, I moved Office 2007 to a portable > hard > drive. I don't know how to access the programs now. Any help out there? $1...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

Possibly Switching to Great Plains from PeopleSoft
Our company is looking to switch our HR and Financials from PeopleSoft to Greta Plains. I am the technical guy for PS right now and would also be that role for Great plains if we switch. What programming knowledge is needed to support and customize great plains? Is there a document or set of documents guiding someone through a conversion of data from peopleSoft? What demo's/documents/websites are the best source of information (besides the Microsoft site). TIA, jej1216 It is probably heretical for me as a GP consultant to say this but have you looked at outsourcing your HR/payroll?...

Access 2007: Where does database name display?
I just had Access 2007 installed on my computer. Simple question: where does a database's name display in Access 2007? Sometimes it pops up at the very top of the Access window; most of the time it is hidden. When I have two databases open at the same time, there is no easy way to identify which database I am working with. Hi Daniel, The name or title show in the Access title bar. Check the Application Title settings in each of the databases to make sure they are not causing the Access title bar to display nothing. Office button, Access Options button, Current D...

excel 2007 macro recorded pivot table
I record a macro in excel 2007 in which i create a pivot table. when i try to run the macro i get "invalid procedure call or argument". the same process works fine in excel 2003. If i look at the debug window the "problem code" is : -ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "JDE Import!R1C1:R3500C37", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable _ TableDestination:="Calculations & summary!R4C3", TableName:="PivotTable7", _ DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion12 I gue...

Recover unsaved word doc
Hi there, I have just closed a word document without saving it, i.e I clicked on "no" when it asked me whether I wanted to save it of not. It was untitled and whilst I have had a quick look in the recycle bin, I cannot see it. Would it be best to look for the document by date somehow. Could you please advise if it is recoverable. Many thanks Steve If you never saved it, there is not (nor was there ever) anything to recover. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "moonraker&qu...

Import a Word document into an existing Publisher document
Is there a way to import a Word document into an existing Publisher document? I know how to import into a NEW Publisher document. The cut & paste method doesn't work--formatting in the original Word document is not preserved. Help, please. Create a text box where you want the .doc to begin, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse to the Word file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC48BDF8-4A59-467D-A563-8AB1CE0E64D5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import a Word docum...

Access 2007 start page: featured online templates incorrectly displayed
Hello I'm running Vista 64bit with 8G ram dual processor AMD 6000+ I've installed and uninstalled office 2007/SP1 to fix an issue with the start page in Access 2007. On the page titled Getting started with Microsoft Office Access, the templates appearing under "featured online templates" are only visible as truncated text without the associated icon i.e. Per Cus Tim son t... e... al.... Still able to download the template, just the display is incorrect. All other templates appear to behave normally. The box at the bottom of the screen is somewhat greyed o...

Mr Graham Mayor, I want to add a contact to Outlook from Word
Mr Graham Mayor, I want to add a contact to Outlook 2007 from Word 2007. It was very easy in ms word 2003, as under "Tools-> Letters and Mailings ->Envelopes and Labels->Envelopes->Insert Address->Outlook->ok ->Advanced->New->New Contact" we can add a new contact, which I want not do in Word 2007 also. The address book dialog in Word 2007 does not offer the ability to add addresses to the Contacts list. Use the method suggested in the link I posted earlier. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&l...

how to split a text into an array of words then rebuild the text and keep the ponctuation?
How to store all the words of a text in a table, modify some of them, then reconstruct the text by retaining the original punctuation? I tried this: words = TextBox1.Text.Split(New String() {" "c, ","c, "."c, ":"c, ";"c, "?"c, "!"c, "'"c, "`"c, "-"c}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries) then : Dim WordsSpan = words.Clone Dim word As String For Each word In words word = ("<span class=""blue"" onclick=&q...

publisher 2007 reverts to older version
I have been using publisher 2007 and like the new menu format quite a bit, but yesterday I opened up an older publisher document and now my publisher 2007 has reverted back and the interface looks like the previous version of publisher, even when I close the older publisher document and open a new one. I look all over for a setting to get the 2007 style back but can't find it. Please help. thanks. What new format? There's not a *whole* lot of difference between Pub 2003 and 2007, at least not after the opening screen. Any chance you have two versions of Publisher on your syste...

Installer configures Office 2007 on startup/reboot
Thanks to postings in this group I recently overcame some problems with MS Installer configuring Office 2007 whenever one of the Office programs was started. I will post that solution after I solve the last part of the problem, which is: Installer runs some sort of configuration routine for Office 2007 upon reboot/restart or power up. Any ideas, anybody, on how to stop this behavior? Thanks Uninstall Office 2007 and then re-install. Make sure you save all your data files that are needed -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance...

Oulook 2002 crashes on start up
OS Windows XP Pro with MS Office XP (2002) I have 4 users configured on one PC. Outlook works fine with 3 users, BUT with one user it will not start up, because it couldn't shut down properly. Well that is what it says. It then asks: "Start in safe mode?" If answered "yes" it crashes and wants to send an error report to Microsoft. Detect and repair didn't help; reinstalling MS Office for all users didn't help. If I take the .pst file and open it in one of the other users outlook than it runs perfectly. So the .pst file is not corrupted. I deleted and replaced t...

How to stop pivot table crashing in Excel 2007
In a large spreadsheet with several tabs I’m having a problem with excel crashing while making a pivot table after a specific series of events happen. On the main data tab I have both several columns populated by data from an Access query and several columns populated by assorted formulas (date 1st of month & vlookup). If I do this excel crashes: 1) Start a pivot table & chart from main data tab by clicking the icon from the toolbar 2) Put the chart on a separate tab from the pivot table 3) Try to drag & drop any field that is populated by a formula I can drag around other f...

MS POS 2.0 and Office Account 2007
Has the integration been improved between these two applications since the SBA 2006 and POS 1.x were released? When I looked at it back it didnt do transactions, just batches. I am looking for full integration between the two products. Point of Sale 2.0 ships with Office Accounting 2007 for free. There is a very tight integration where detailed sales, item, customer, vendor, and item receipt information is shared automatically. This site has more info: http://pos.microsoft.com "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6E30AA5-8D21-431...

Pivot Chart in Excel 2007
Any ideas where the "top 10" feature is hidden in Excel 2007 Pivot Charts? I looked everywhere, consulted the help, but "Value Filters" is just not in any menu, nor is "Filter" for values. Many thanks. In the PivotChart Filter Pane, click the down-arrow next to one of the Category fileds or Series fields, then select 'Value Filters' from the drop-down menu. The Top 10 option is down the bottom. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com > Any ideas where the "top 10" feature is hidden in Excel 2007 Pivot > Charts? I looked everywhere, consulted th...

Outlook 2007 Searching
Each time I do an Outlook 2007 search "Tools/Instant Search/Advanced Find" I have to press the Browse button and check the "Search Subfolders" box. How do I default to always have the "Search Subfolders" checked? Thanks On Mar 7, 9:44 am, "Jeff Roe" <jdru...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Each time I do anOutlook2007 search "Tools/Instant Search/Advanced Find" I > have to press the Browse button and check the "SearchSubfolders" box. > > How do Idefaultto always have the "SearchSubfolders" checked? Jeff, I c...

Outlook 2007 with BCM problem
I've just moved my Outlook PST files onto a new hard disk because they're huge and growing and I was about to run out of space on my C partition. It was easy enough to get Outlook working again, in fact it was more or less automatic because when it failed to find the files it was expecting a file picker dialog box popped up and asked me to navigate to the right folder and select the data file, and then it all worked fine again. However Business Contact Manager is proving less simple. It simply beeps at me and puts up a message box saying it can't find the pst file in the default...

Resize Chart to fit picture fill Excel 2007
Is there a way to instruct Excel to resize a chart to fit a picture when you are using the picture as a fill for the chart area? For example, you have a square chart area and you fill the chart area with a jpg file of a dollar bill. By default the picture resizes to fit the chart area, in this case distorting the dollar bill. You can manually resize the chart area to fit the picture by dragging the borders, but can this be done automatically? You need to tell Excel what size to use. Perhaps you can write code that determines the size of the picture, then rescales the chart automatica...