Word 2007 "File error has occurred" - cannot save docx

Hello!

I am working on Word 2007 on Windows Vista and I have all of the latest
updates.

I have a 37-page document that has text and images.  I have already
formatted the entire document and I am running through my final edit on it.
I got to page 17, tried to save, and it tells me, "A file error has occured."
 No matter what I do (rename it, save it in another location, etc.), the file
will not save as a docx file.  I am able to save it as a 2003 document;
however, I cannot keep the file this way as it messes up my formatting and it
needs to be a docx file for my client.  Once I save it as a 2003 file, I am
not able to save it back as a docx file, either.

I have looked online for help and found that it either has to do with
equations (of which there are none in my document), or track changes.  The
entire document is full of track changes because the client needs to see my
format/edit changes.  If I accept all of the changes in the document, then I
can save it as a docx file.  Obviously, though, this is not helpful.

I see that people are continually having this problem (along with the one
with equations).  This is unacceptable.  Has Microsoft done anything to solve
this yet?

Thank you.

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CB01B0.36F81150

Yes. It is called Word 2010.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  "Oriana" <Oriana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello!

  I am working on Word 2007 on Windows Vista and I have all of the =
latest=20
  updates.

  I have a 37-page document that has text and images.  I have already=20
  formatted the entire document and I am running through my final edit =
on it. =20
  I got to page 17, tried to save, and it tells me, "A file error has =
occured."=20
   No matter what I do (rename it, save it in another location, etc.), =
the file=20
  will not save as a docx file.  I am able to save it as a 2003 =
document;=20
  however, I cannot keep the file this way as it messes up my formatting =
and it=20
  needs to be a docx file for my client.  Once I save it as a 2003 file, =
I am=20
  not able to save it back as a docx file, either. =20

  I have looked online for help and found that it either has to do with=20
  equations (of which there are none in my document), or track changes.  =
The=20
  entire document is full of track changes because the client needs to =
see my=20
  format/edit changes.  If I accept all of the changes in the document, =
then I=20
  can save it as a docx file.  Obviously, though, this is not helpful. =20

  I see that people are continually having this problem (along with the =
one=20
  with equations).  This is unacceptable.  Has Microsoft done anything =
to solve=20
  this yet?

  Thank you.
------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CB01B0.36F81150

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Yes. It is called Word=20
2010.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Oriana" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Oriana@discussions.microsoft.com">Oriana@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:D9E82F67-88C1-4915-A55C-C4F1688B6B22@microsoft.com">news:D9E=
82F67-88C1-4915-A55C-C4F1688B6B22@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello!<BR><BR=
>I=20
  am working on Word 2007 on Windows Vista and I have all of the latest=20
  <BR>updates.<BR><BR>I have a 37-page document that has text and =
images.&nbsp;=20
  I have already <BR>formatted the entire document and I am running =
through my=20
  final edit on it.&nbsp; <BR>I got to page 17, tried to save, and it =
tells me,=20
  "A file error has occured." <BR>&nbsp;No matter what I do (rename it, =
save it=20
  in another location, etc.), the file <BR>will not save as a docx =
file.&nbsp; I=20
  am able to save it as a 2003 document; <BR>however, I cannot keep the =
file=20
  this way as it messes up my formatting and it <BR>needs to be a docx =
file for=20
  my client.&nbsp; Once I save it as a 2003 file, I am <BR>not able to =
save it=20
  back as a docx file, either.&nbsp; <BR><BR>I have looked online for =
help and=20
  found that it either has to do with <BR>equations (of which there are =
none in=20
  my document), or track changes.&nbsp; The <BR>entire document is full =
of track=20
  changes because the client needs to see my <BR>format/edit =
changes.&nbsp; If I=20
  accept all of the changes in the document, then I <BR>can save it as a =
docx=20
  file.&nbsp; Obviously, though, this is not helpful.&nbsp; <BR><BR>I =
see that=20
  people are continually having this problem (along with the one =
<BR>with=20
  equations).&nbsp; This is unacceptable.&nbsp; Has Microsoft done =
anything to=20
  solve <BR>this yet?<BR><BR>Thank you.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CB01B0.36F81150--

0
Terry
6/1/2010 4:31:05 PM
Thank you for that -very- helpful reply.

I am not in charge of purchasing software for my company.  We work with
2007, not 2010.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> Yes. It is called Word 2010.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>   "Oriana" <Oriana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9E82F67-88C1-4915-A55C-C4F1688B6B22@microsoft.com...
>   Hello!
>
>   I am working on Word 2007 on Windows Vista and I have all of the latest
>   updates.
>
>   I have a 37-page document that has text and images.  I have already
>   formatted the entire document and I am running through my final edit on it.
>   I got to page 17, tried to save, and it tells me, "A file error has occured."
>    No matter what I do (rename it, save it in another location, etc.), the file
>   will not save as a docx file.  I am able to save it as a 2003 document;
>   however, I cannot keep the file this way as it messes up my formatting and it
>   needs to be a docx file for my client.  Once I save it as a 2003 file, I am
>   not able to save it back as a docx file, either.
>
>   I have looked online for help and found that it either has to do with
>   equations (of which there are none in my document), or track changes.  The
>   entire document is full of track changes because the client needs to see my
>   format/edit changes.  If I accept all of the changes in the document, then I
>   can save it as a docx file.  Obviously, though, this is not helpful.
>
>   I see that people are continually having this problem (along with the one
>   with equations).  This is unacceptable.  Has Microsoft done anything to solve
>   this yet?
>
>   Thank you.

Word 2007
I have been having the same error today trying to save a document. I have tried with different computers, so I am pretty sure that the problem is not only in my computer. Also, I have been reading that more people are having the same problem problem but no solution has been found. When does the problem occur? Trying to save a document with Word 2007. With all the documents? No. I can save some documents, but some others not. You might be able to recreate the same problem doing those steps: 1. Create New Document. 2. Start a numbering list. Write something 3. SHIFT+Enter ...

Word 2007 "File error has occurred"
Hello! I am working on Word 2007 on Windows Vista and I have all of the latest updates. I have a 37-page document that has text and images. I have already formatted the entire document and I am running through my final edit on it. I got to page 17, tried to save, and it tells me, "A file error has occured." No matter what I do (rename it, save it in another location, etc.), the file will not save as a docx file. I am able to save it as a 2003 document; however, I cannot keep the file this way as it messes up my formatting and it needs to be a docx file for my ...

Export to XLS error: A file error has occurred...
Running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate and Office 2003 When I try to export my contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, the following message appears: Title Bar: Translation Error Text: A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save a field map. The file "C:\Documents and Settings\ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION\Application Data\Microsoft Excel.ADR" was not found by the translator. Check the spelling of the file name and path. If the file is on a network or an external device, the volume must be mounted and registered with the system. Huh? MACROVISION? Documents and Se...