Word 2007 crashes on opening

recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
The error dialogue is as follows:
Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ajaxt" <ajaxt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
> shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
> The error dialogue is as follows:
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

0
Stefan
5/26/2010 8:24:26 AM
As good place to start for tips on what may be causeing your problem is the
following article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm
Come back if the problem persists.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"ajaxt" wrote:

> recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
> shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
> The error dialogue is as follows:
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

Printing WORD docs from a form

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

Where are my saved word?

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available
Folks: The latest DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=775e1a23-825f-450a-9d71-6b8c951ea748. The KB page is available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979970 -- Thanks Praveen T [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Crash in excel.exe
I have a workbook which I use with 3 add-ins that I wrote. Add-ins trigger beforeclose and beforesave event on different occasions. Everything seems to work fine in my personal notebook or in a test-desktop, but when I install add-ins to other computers I begin to get crashes. It usually happens when I close Excel. DrWatson Log has something like this: Application exception occurred: App: (pid=1180) When: 5/15/2003 @ 10:24:46.441 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: WIST-W2P-DZ0CMC User N...

re-import old messages into Entourage after crash?
Basically, since Entourage kept quitting on startup, I followed MS's directions and created a new "main identity." Great, Entourage works fine now, but all my old messages are gone! I know where they are, though--in my old "Main identity" folder in a file called "Messages"--98 MB of them. I tried replacing the "Messages" file in my new main identity folder with my old "Messages" file, but Entourage still only shows one message in the inbox! "Import" won't let me import the old "Messages" file. I can't drag and ...

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

Excel documents not displayed when excel is opened
When I open excel and select file and open documents that I've saved are not displayed, however if I go into my most recent documents these documents are displayed. Why are they not being displayed in excel vs. my most recent documents? -- rabhatty Depending on how you opened the file and the version of excel, not every file that you worked on appears at the bottom of the File dropdown (in the Most Recently Used file list). Files that are opened by doubleclicking in windows explorer under xl2k (IIRC) won't appear. (xl2002 (I think) changed this behavior.) You may want to post ...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...