Word 2003 hangs when opening using shortcut to open program

Word hangs when opening using program shortcut or when dbl clicking on a word
file to open the application. Program opens and works just fine when going to
start menu and clicking on "Open New Document" from QuickStart menu. What
file may be corrupted that clicking the shortcut in the Programs Menu and on
a word document is causing the application to hang? Is there a system file
that has a remnant that may be causing the problem? Where would I go to
search for it? I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it does
not help.

Normal.dot sounds corrupted. Rename it as normal.bad and test again.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"wfp_tlp" <wfptlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word hangs when opening using program shortcut or when dbl clicking on a
> word
> file to open the application. Program opens and works just fine when going
> start menu and clicking on "Open New Document" from QuickStart menu. What
> file may be corrupted that clicking the shortcut in the Programs Menu and
> on
> a word document is causing the application to hang? Is there a system file
> that has a remnant that may be causing the problem? Where would I go to
> search for it? I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it
> does
> not help.

0
Terry

Printing WORD docs from a form

Exchange 2003/Deleting User Account/Email Accounts
Using Exchange 2003 (AD) on Windows 2000, yes 2000, I want to delete email accounts for terminated employees. What is the best way to do that? Our backups keep failing because I have disabled the accounts, but now I want to delete them entirely. Thanks for the help, as always, MG your backups should not be failing because you've disabled accounts...are you doing BLB backups? to delete the mailboxes, in the ESM, select the appropriate mailboxes, do a right-click, select Exchange Tasks, then select "delete mailbox"... "MG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

delete or void unposted cash receipts using econnect 8.0
I need to delete or void unposted cash receipts exist in table RM10201 using econnect. The class which is provided in econnect to void documents “taRMVoidTransaction” works on table RM20101 only which is for posted documents. ...

Outlook 2003, corrupt DRAFTS folder
Somehow Ive managed to corrupt the DRAFTS folder. When I attempt to open it, I get the following message: Unable to display the folder. When I try to view the properties I get this message: DRAFTS PROPERTIES - ADMINISTRATION Views assoicated with this folder could not be retrieved. I have tried to detect and repair, uninstall and reinstall, recreate my profile, even registry hacks to try to kill the folder. None of which have worked. Anyone have any ideas? Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /ResetFolders (note the space between ".exe" and "/ResetFolder...

Outlook 2003 SMTP?
After upgrading from 2002 to 2003 I cannot send email to anyone in my domain through Outlook 2003. I can do so without problem through Outlook Express. I have created a new mail profile, but this did not resolve the problem. I have removed the email account and recreated it twice, but this did not resolve the problem. Since Outlook Express works, I have removed the email account and imported the email account settings from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003, but this did not resolve the problem. The only thing that DID happen was that after importing the OE email account settings into Outl...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Exchange 5.5 eseutil on Windows 2003
Am trying to mount a snapshot of a Exchange 5.5 mount onto a Windows 2003 Server to run the eseutil check. Will the Exchange 5.5 eseutil run on Windows 2003 even though Exchange 5.5 is not supported? ...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Referencing other Office programs in a Excel VBA App
I din't like the way my previous post sounded, so i'm reposting... All, My Excel VBA programming is decent enough when I'm only working with Excel. However, I'm trying to expand my knowledge base and frequently I wish I could better interact with other Office programs, such as Outlook, in my Excel VBA apps. To better illustrate my question, here's a piece of code that works great (it populates a user form list with Outlook addresses) but I don't fully understand. Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Dim x As Integer Set objOL = CreateObject("...

Ask for how to create & remove a shortcut on Vista
Hello guys! I'm a new comer~:) I have a function to create and remove a shortcut for my application in my program. But it suffered some problem on Vista. The problem is Vista need administrator's power to do what I need. If I execute my program in administrator, it's OK. Else nothing happend while my application trying to create shortcut, or popup the following warning while my application trying to remove the shortcut: Access unnamed file is denied I'm not familiar with Vista and program on Vista. So any kind suggestion or information is welcome. I need your help! Than...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I can create "search folder" in Outlook 2003, where will be show only messages, that I not reply to message.(NOT UNREAD!, but UNREPLY) Thanks you for help. -- MAd #ICQ: 247356388 No way that I know of... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.on...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Access denied using 'ApplicationClass' object in Web
Hi, I have created a web application in which i want to parse a visio diagram but when i do a new ApplicaionClass() i am getting "Access denied" my web application is using windows integrated authentication. I think when we create object of ApplicatioClass it tries to invoke the Visio.exe for which the security credentials are not enough.. How do i go about parsing a visio diagram on the server? Any help is highly appreciated. Regds ...

Setting up hosted accounts in exchange 2003
We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server. We have added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing all mail to our IP. Everything works fine for our main domain that we host. The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive from the outside world. The error we receive when trying to send from an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002 The error we rec...

Money 2003 Can
I have lost my MS Money 2003 CD Canadian Edition, but I have my Cert of Authenticity. I blew up my machine and am reinstalling everything on the same machine it was on before. Is there anyway I can download the Install files from somewhere to reinstall? I'm willing to call MS support and give my Cert information, but I'm not sure that is necessary. Can anyone give me a recommendation? One more additional question ---- Should I just upgrade? To what product? Obviously using the product I already own is preferred choice, but I would appreciate any feedback. Have a look here: http:/...

Getting Excel to return Hiragana using code/char functions
I have a Japanese computer which does this perfectly, but when I tried to use the worksheet on an English computer with Japanese language enabled, it only came up with errors. The code it was returning for the Japanese characters was much to low & putting in higher codes meant it didn`t recognise it. What can I do to make it work? ...

Using a module to control multiple Forms' events
Hi all, I have a navigation bar which exists on nearly all of my forms. It has buttons to create new items, to search for items, etc. But to make my navigation bar functional, I need to copy and paste the EXACT same event code into about 15 forms - incredibly smelly code. So I was wondering if anyone knows if I can use a module to set a control's event code. Anyone know if this is possible in Access 2003?? Thanks, Mark mark_aok@hotmail.com wrote: >I have a navigation bar which exists on nearly all of my forms. It >has buttons to create new items, to search for items, etc. &g...