Word 2003 : centering paragraphs has two different actions

In Word 2003, centering a paragraph with the  button (in the Layout Toolbar)
does remove all leading and trailing spaces.
Doing so with the menu Format/Paragraph.../Alignment=Centered does not
trimthe paragraph.
Calling the VB function does not trim either.

What is different in these two similar functions?

I can reproduce this in Word 2007 too. Using a button (or the Ctrl+E
shortcut) clears spaces, but not if you use the Paragraph dialog box to
change the alignment to centered.

It certainly seems like a bug.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LabageSA" <LabageSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Word 2003, centering a paragraph with the  button (in the Layout
> Toolbar)
> does remove all leading and trailing spaces.
> Doing so with the menu Format/Paragraph.../Alignment=Centered does not
> trimthe paragraph.
> Calling the VB function does not trim either.
>
> What is different in these two similar functions?

0
Stefan

Printing WORD docs from a form

Exchange 2003/Deleting User Account/Email Accounts
Using Exchange 2003 (AD) on Windows 2000, yes 2000, I want to delete email accounts for terminated employees. What is the best way to do that? Our backups keep failing because I have disabled the accounts, but now I want to delete them entirely. Thanks for the help, as always, MG your backups should not be failing because you've disabled accounts...are you doing BLB backups? to delete the mailboxes, in the ESM, select the appropriate mailboxes, do a right-click, select Exchange Tasks, then select "delete mailbox"... "MG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Outlook 2003, corrupt DRAFTS folder
Somehow Ive managed to corrupt the DRAFTS folder. When I attempt to open it, I get the following message: Unable to display the folder. When I try to view the properties I get this message: DRAFTS PROPERTIES - ADMINISTRATION Views assoicated with this folder could not be retrieved. I have tried to detect and repair, uninstall and reinstall, recreate my profile, even registry hacks to try to kill the folder. None of which have worked. Anyone have any ideas? Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /ResetFolders (note the space between ".exe" and "/ResetFolder...

Outlook 2003 SMTP?
After upgrading from 2002 to 2003 I cannot send email to anyone in my domain through Outlook 2003. I can do so without problem through Outlook Express. I have created a new mail profile, but this did not resolve the problem. I have removed the email account and recreated it twice, but this did not resolve the problem. Since Outlook Express works, I have removed the email account and imported the email account settings from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003, but this did not resolve the problem. The only thing that DID happen was that after importing the OE email account settings into Outl...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Exchange 5.5 eseutil on Windows 2003
Am trying to mount a snapshot of a Exchange 5.5 mount onto a Windows 2003 Server to run the eseutil check. Will the Exchange 5.5 eseutil run on Windows 2003 even though Exchange 5.5 is not supported? ...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I can create "search folder" in Outlook 2003, where will be show only messages, that I not reply to message.(NOT UNREAD!, but UNREPLY) Thanks you for help. -- MAd #ICQ: 247356388 No way that I know of... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.on...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Different color for each level in an Organization Chart PP2007
I'm creating an organization chart with SmartArt styles and theme colors. There will be up to ten subordinate levels. After the fourth level the box colors are all the same. I would like to have a different color for each level but can't figure out how to make that happen. Any ideas are appreciated. Jim I think you'll have to do it manually. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32...

Setting up hosted accounts in exchange 2003
We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server. We have added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing all mail to our IP. Everything works fine for our main domain that we host. The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive from the outside world. The error we receive when trying to send from an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002 The error we rec...

Money 2003 Can
I have lost my MS Money 2003 CD Canadian Edition, but I have my Cert of Authenticity. I blew up my machine and am reinstalling everything on the same machine it was on before. Is there anyway I can download the Install files from somewhere to reinstall? I'm willing to call MS support and give my Cert information, but I'm not sure that is necessary. Can anyone give me a recommendation? One more additional question ---- Should I just upgrade? To what product? Obviously using the product I already own is preferred choice, but I would appreciate any feedback. Have a look here: http:/...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Data collecting from different sheets
Hi! I have a workbook where I collect data to "raw data sheets". In theese sheets the average of eath data category is calculated. What I need is a macro that i can run in each new sheet so that theese averages are filled into a presentation sheet. To make things more complicated there will be different amounts of data (rows) in eath sheet. The setup I need to work with is this: Column A: States the type of data (only in the row where the average data is, otherwise blank) Columns C,E,G,I,K,M,O,P: The data I wish to copy. (But only in the average data rows, determ...