Word 2002 & 2007 - Cannot Copy from Internet Explorer 8 and paste to Word

OS - Vista SP1 & XP SP3

Word locks up and must be closed using End Task when trying to paste
selected items copied from a web page loaded in IE 8. This does not
occur when doing the same task with FireFox

Roger
0
Roger

If it works OK in Firefox but not in IE, that suggests to me it is an IE
problem. Try posting in the appropriate Windows forum.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message
> OS - Vista SP1 & XP SP3
>
> Word locks up and must be closed using End Task when trying to paste
> selected items copied from a web page loaded in IE 8. This does not occur
> when doing the same task with FireFox
>
> Roger

0
Terry
5/20/2010 10:29:42 PM
On 20/05/2010 3:29 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
> If it works OK in Firefox but not in IE, that suggests to me it is an IE
> problem. Try posting in the appropriate Windows forum.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have included more info.

Currently working microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general. Is that the
right one. It's been a while since I've used these groups and things
appear to have changed.

Just for fun try this page out and see what you get when you highlight
the article, copy then paste into whatever version of Word you are
running. http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959

I am using Word 2000 on XP SP3 but the problem also exists on a Vista
SP1 machine running Word 2007.

Roger
0
Roger
5/20/2010 11:34:57 PM
It posts instantaneously into Word Pad.  Takes a bit longer in Word 2010 and
I gave up waiting in Word 2007.  In Word 2007 however, if you use Paste
Special, it is trying to paste it in HTML Format.

If you select either Formatted Text (RTF) or Unformatted Text in Word 2007
Paste Special, it pastes instantaneously with the Formatted Text (RTF)
giving the best formatted result (naturally)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

> On 20/05/2010 3:29 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
>> If it works OK in Firefox but not in IE, that suggests to me it is an IE
>> problem. Try posting in the appropriate Windows forum.
>>

> Thanks for the feedback. I should have included more info.
>
> Currently working microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general. Is that the
> right one. It's been a while since I've used these groups and things
> appear to have changed.
>
> Just for fun try this page out and see what you get when you highlight the
> article, copy then paste into whatever version of Word you are running.
> http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959
>
> I am using Word 2000 on XP SP3 but the problem also exists on a Vista SP1
> machine running Word 2007.
>
> Roger

0
Doug
5/21/2010 2:07:10 AM
On 20/05/2010 7:07 PM, Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
> It posts instantaneously into Word Pad.  Takes a bit longer in Word 2010
> and I gave up waiting in Word 2007. In Word 2007 however, if you use
> Paste Special, it is trying to paste it in HTML Format.
>
> If you select either Formatted Text (RTF) or Unformatted Text in Word
> 2007 Paste Special, it pastes instantaneously with the Formatted Text
> (RTF) giving the best formatted result (naturally)

Thanks Doug

Paste Special Formatted Text (RTF)does work, at least on the text.
Unable to get images to transfer. I suspect there is some odd formatting
on that web site but my source says they have changed nothing. Somebody
did because everything worked ok a while back.

Roger
0
Roger
5/21/2010 3:29:14 AM
That page pastes correctly and normally into Word 2007 as soon as you log
off from the Internet. It seems that Word is trying to download unneeded
elements from that page, and chokes on them.
--
Cheers
Robert

On Thu, 20 May 2010 16:34:57 -0700, Roger wrote:

> On 20/05/2010 3:29 PM, Terry Farrell wrote:
>> If it works OK in Firefox but not in IE, that suggests to me it is an IE
>> problem. Try posting in the appropriate Windows forum.
>>

> Thanks for the feedback. I should have included more info.
>
> Currently working microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general. Is that the
> right one. It's been a while since I've used these groups and things
> appear to have changed.
>
> Just for fun try this page out and see what you get when you highlight
> the article, copy then paste into whatever version of Word you are
> running. http://www.bcfed.ca/node/1959
>
> I am using Word 2000 on XP SP3 but the problem also exists on a Vista
> SP1 machine running Word 2007.
>
> Roger
0
Robert2
5/21/2010 4:46:08 AM
On 20/05/2010 9:46 PM, Robert2 wrote:
> That page pastes correctly and normally into Word 2007 as soon as you log
> off from the Internet. It seems that Word is trying to download unneeded
> elements from that page, and chokes on them.

Good point but it begs the question just what is IE 8 saying it must try
to download that FireFox doesn't.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to add this to my thread in the IE group.

Roger
0
Roger

Printing WORD docs from a form

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

delete or void unposted cash receipts using econnect 8.0
I need to delete or void unposted cash receipts exist in table RM10201 using econnect. The class which is provided in econnect to void documents “taRMVoidTransaction” works on table RM20101 only which is for posted documents. ...

Copy and paste to the last row
Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. and Paste the row down. Example, my last row of A is A120, copy cell A120:C120. then Past to A121 Thanks so much hi if i understand correctly, this should work for you.... Sub movedownone() Dim r As Range Set r = Range("A65000").End(xlUp) r.Resize(1, 3).Copy Destination:= _ r.Offset(1, 0) End Sub regards FSt1 "tran1728" wrote: > Dear ALL, pls help me for macro. > I want copy the last row of column A, B and C. > and Paste the row down. > > Exam...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Outlook 2002 moving recipient from "to" to "Cc" field when sending.
I can't find anything on technet! Here's the deal though and this happens on all PC's running Office XP here. When I type in "CO", the alias for one of our users, the email will then resolve to "Christine Outler" which is underlined with a broken line. No big deal, it resolved right? Nope! When I send the message, instead of sending to that recipient, it copies them instead. Checking the email in the "sent items" folder shows no "to" field because it was only copied to them. What does this broken underline mean? and how can I fix it? ...

Personal Adress Book- 2002
Hi, For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? harryguy082589@gmail.com <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote: > For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at > the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the > toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? First make sure you have the Outlook Address Book service installed in your mail profile. Then right-clic...

Encoded Word Documents

Where can I get a copy of the Microsoft calendar control?
In Excel 97 I have a calendar control. Those files with the calendar control do not work in Excel 2003, because I don'd have the calendar control in Excel 2003. Is there some type of calendar control for Excel 2003? Thank you. Shelley I think there's a link to a free calendar control at the bottom of Ron de Bruin's page: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm shelley wrote: > > In Excel 97 I have a calendar control. Those files with the calendar control > do not work in Excel 2003, because I don'd have the calendar control in Excel > 2003. Is there some ty...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

(User Defined) Function for Copy&Paste?
Dear Excel Power Users, I have a problem with copy of formated text to another sheet. Cell contains multiple fonts and sizes but copies only the first font and size as format for the whole contents example: Sheet1!A1 : mahIgGABEI (a=alpha) (ABEI=superscript) using the " =A1 " function in for example Sheet2: Sheet2!A1=Sheet1!A1 becomes mahIgGABEI (all normal Arial) using Copy&Paste works fine ! Can this be solved using a function instead of Copy&Paste specific cells to other sheets by hand, I cannot vindt the function doing what Copy&Paste does. I've found th...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available
Folks: The latest DPM 2007 Rollup KB 979970 is now available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=775e1a23-825f-450a-9d71-6b8c951ea748. The KB page is available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979970 -- Thanks Praveen T [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

dates change when I copy and paste
I have a report that has columns for Day of week and a column for th date(10/15/04) but when I copy and paste to another excel worksheet th date changes from ex: 10/15/04 to 10/13/08. Any ideas why this woul happen. It's a pretty lengthy report and I hate to always have t change each date. Help. : -- Nesi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26965 Hi both workbooks have different date setting (...

Where are my saved word?

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

MS Pub 2007
I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HTML fragments. I am attempting to insert the javascript from aWeber where a person can subscribe to my newsletter off my website (created with Pub). How can I set up a "submit" button in my publication with the script? Thanks for your help. Gary Inserted HTML code fragments will not work in an email message from Publisher. Sorry. DavidF "geedc" <geedc1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aff5f787-ccfe-423e-b392-66227f87c16d@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I'm using MS Pub 2007 and have a question about HT...

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...