Windows 2007 won't load

My copy of Windows 2007 would not load until I looked at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/problemsstartingword.htm

where I discovered that because it could not find the printer, it continued
to crash. Access, Excel etc. do not do this. Clearly this is a major problem
with Word, but Microsoft don't have anything about this on their site.

0
Broadbent

All versions of Word need a locally installed printer driver set as the
Windows default printer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Broadbent" <smn@snassociates.co.uk> wrote in message
> My copy of Windows 2007 would not load until I looked at
> http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/problemsstartingword.htm
>
> where I discovered that because it could not find the printer, it
> continued to crash. Access, Excel etc. do not do this. Clearly this is a
> major problem with Word, but Microsoft don't have anything about this on
> their site.

0
Terry

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

exchange 2007 #6
I am told you can set up catchall mailboxes using the hub transport rules at the organization level. However, I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone have any specific guidance on this ? Thanks. Ben EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

open windows

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Converting back to Outlook 2007 for Outlook 2010
Good Day All; I am currently running Outlook 2010 (Office 2010) and if I remember correctly, the bata version runs out in October (?) this year. DOes anyone know of any problems and the solutions to reverting back to Outlook 2007 andkeeping all files? Thanks Chomp Your are correct about the time frame and yes, you can roll back to Office 2007 from the beta of Office 2010. Your steps would be to uninstall the Office 2010 family beta (and all other beta components [e.g. connector if you where using it for Hotmail access.]) via add/remove programs. Install Office 2007, it...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Repeated Loading Of Bitmaps
I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the following code once: VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have to re-initialize m_bmp? Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402132037.16f355e5@posting.google.com... > I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the > following code once: > > VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); > m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); > > If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have ...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

Outlook 2007 & Public Folders
Hello: I have Outlook 2007 running against an Exchange 2003 server. All clients use RPC over HTTPS for access. We have a few Public Folders setup. We can access them but the frequently disappear from the list of items along the left side (under Mail Folders). The only way to then access them is via the Go menu. Is there a way to get them to stay there? Thanks. Public Folders do not show when using the MAIL view. Your clients need to use the FOLDER LIST view to see them. Nikki Peterson "MS Poster" <spamaway@nospam.com> wrote in message news:b3173d7168078ca1cd47ba8a8...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...