What is the "Check Temp Environment variable" error mean?

When I start Word 2007, in Windows 7, I get the above error. If I click "ok"
I can use Word, but occasionally I'll get an insuffecient memory message (I
have 4 gig) and nothing else is open. One example is openning an "docx" that
contains pictures, only place holders and the teaxt is displayed.

Pb45 wrote:
> When I start Word 2007, in Windows 7, I get the above error. If I
> click "ok" I can use Word, but occasionally I'll get an insuffecient
> memory message (I have 4 gig) and nothing else is open. One example
> is openning an "docx" that contains pictures, only place holders and
> the teaxt is displayed.

This thread appears to have the solution:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/295105-error-word-could-not-create-work-file-check-temp-environment-variable.html

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay

check temp environment variable
I started Outlook this morning and a box came up saying ''could not create work file'' check temp environment variable Check the following key in the registry; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\ Verify that these variables all point to paths that exist and especially the Cache folder. By default it should point to; Windows XP; %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files Windows Vista and Windows 7; %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files These paths can often be se...

Cannot create work file. Check temp environment variable
Message comes up "Outlook cannot create work file. Check temp environment variable." Not Responding comes up after a few minutes Mauro wrote: > Message comes up "Outlook cannot create work file. Check temp environment > variable." Not Responding comes up after a few minutes Opening (rather than saving) attachments in Outlook means it has to open *something*. Attachments are not files. They are merely long strings of encoded data within a MIME part in the body of your e-mail (that are presented as "attachments" in the UI for your e-mail clien...

What is the "Check Temp Environment variable" error mean?
When I start Word 2007, in Windows 7, I get the above error. If I click "ok" I can use Word, but occasionally I'll get an insuffecient memory message (I have 4 gig) and nothing else is open. One example is openning an "docx" that contains pictures, only place holders and the teaxt is displayed. Pb45 wrote: > When I start Word 2007, in Windows 7, I get the above error. If I > click "ok" I can use Word, but occasionally I'll get an insuffecient > memory message (I have 4 gig) and nothing else is open. One example > is openning an &quo...