The path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable

I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online
software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However
when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

"The network or path where you are trying to save this document is
unavailable. What do you want to do?"
Which prompts me with three buttons "Retry, Save As..., Cancel".

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed,
if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it
perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?

I have resolved the issue by converting the file to a .doc file instead of a
..rtf file. I still don't understand why the error was occurring with the rtf
file.

get the running path
Hi, i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from the main args. But I do not remember how to extract the information. Could somebody give me the example? Thanks, Holger hi holger, try this TCHAR szPath[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle(GetExeName()), szPath, MAX_PATH); -- kind regards, muechel while(!sleep()) ++sheep; hi, Try GetModuleFileName() AfxGetInstanceHandle() Dont remember which one will give the path. hth gangadhar Holger Krei�l wrote: > Hi, > > i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from t...

Online services
I'm trying to set up Bank of America for on-line activity, and I continue to get "Account setup unavailable". I'm able to set up other accounts, just not able to do BOA. Any ideas? Thanx in advance... I can't seem to be able to add any new accounts. Money is unable to retrieve the institutions list. It said to try again later but it's almost been a full day since it was working. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to set up Bank of America for on-line >activity, and I continue to get "Account setup >unavailable". I'm able...

Integration Manager GP 10 Document Number Leading Zeros
GP10 upgrade.. seems that receivables transaction with document number that has a leading zero causes the distribution to not come in correctly. We have a text source file mapped one to many to an advanced odbc which has a sql query running against a text file. The mapped field is the document number and is datatype string (to preserve zero). The preview does not show the leading zero for the odbc source. If we remove the zero from our file then the distribution seems to work. The source file contains a document number that has a length that varies. Not sure if since the leading...

CRM 4.0 Outlook installation error "The network Path was not found
Hello All, I'm trying to install crm 4.0 on outlook 2007. I keep getting an error at Databaseinsaller.progressmessage "Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Common.InstallDatabaseAction failed. The network path was not found." I read that if I add the user to Server Surface Area Configuration utility it would work, but it did not for me. I'm running vista ultimate and windows 2008 64 bit. Any help is appreciate it. I can't believe that this install is so difficult. What gives!!! Thanks ...

path...
I created an executable file that opens a .pdf file. The path I use is "MyFolder\\MyFile.pdf". However, when I installed the .exe and MyFolder in the same location it did not open the .pdf file. However, when I put the FULL path to the .pdf file it worked fine. Do I need somthing like the following? "..\\MyFolder\\MyFile.pdf". Thanks in advance, RABMissouri Are you running the exe through a shortcut? Make sure the startup path is the same as the executable path. A better solution would be to get the path of the Exe and use that. GetModuleFileName() AliR. "...

How can i save an email with...?
How can i save an email with the modified date to be the sent date in outlook2003? Described it clearly: i need to save an email to an .msg file. and the file's modified date that i need to be the file's sent date. "Sam" <netrocker@gmail.com> ���g��l��s�D:exo5Faf1FHA.1564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can i save an email with the modified date to be the sent date in > outlook2003? > The only thing I can think of would be to try and write some custom code that saves the item to the filesystem and manipulates the metadata. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M...

A document with the name "abs.xls" is already open.
I need assistance. Everyone workbook I open in Excel 2000 keeps giving me the message "A document with the '___.xls' is already open. You cannot have two workbooks with the same name open even if they are in different files. etc" The name of the document in the message is always the workbook I have just opened. I've tried shutting down and rebooting, and that did not work. This started to happen after I copied a workbook off my company network to my C: drive. Can anyone help? I can't seem to get rid of this message. Maybe this from from Debra Dalgleis...

I'm trying to save calendar appointments
when I sync with my blackberry, outlook wants to delete appts that are more than 30 days old-I want to keep them indefinitely, or least a year See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/missing_appt.asp - you need to set the BB to hold it appointments longer. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH....

Load/Save Images using MFC
I am new to MFC and have been following Sam's teach yourself ... It has been helpful in showing the basics and getting me started on how to create buttons and add functions to them etc.. I want to be able to load images (.bmp moslty), perform tasks such as change the image to grey scale and be able to save it. What is a good resource to learn how to load, save and print images on the screen? I guess if i can guided to how to load and save images, I should be able to apply all different algorithms and techniques just by creating extra buttons and adding functions to those buttons...

Excel : Saving and Mailing Question
Hi, A few questions I hope you can help me with (please) : 1. Is it possible to save a particular worksheet under a set name t one destination and the rest of the workbook to another, through macro/click of a button? 2. Is it possible to do the same but through email? Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ron de Bruin has lots of code examples at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm He also has an addin that may do almost what you want. (on that same web page) "ajw150 <" wrote: > > Hi, > > A few questions I hope you can help me wi...

Linked files and UNC paths
Whenever I link an excel file to my publisher file, the link always goes to the unc path of the excel file, instead of the drive letter. Due to planned moves and renames of our file servers, we would like to have everything pointing to drive letters instead of UNC paths. In excel en word, this behaves properly, if I link a file on a mapped network drive, it will keep the drive letter. In publisher, it doesn't. Any ideas of how I can tell publisher to stop converting to UNC paths? ...

Program trying to access Outlook
I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e- mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this is? Thanks. "bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft > Se...

Saving Files to SQL Server
I have an application written in Access 2003 using linked tables to SQL Server 2000. I need to code an Access form to upload files (i.e. .pdf, .doc, .xls, .txt, etc.) to SQL Server and I've never done this before. Can someone please point me to some sample Access code that will take a file and save it to the (SQL Server) database? Thank you! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Can a spreadsheet be saved as interactive webpage
How is it possible to save a spreadsheet / workbook as an interactive webpage in office 2007 that can be used online El Plate;417307 Wrote: > How is it possible to save a spreadsheet / workbook as an interactive > webpage > in office 2007 that can be used online If I understand your question correctly, in Excel 2007, press Alt+F+A, in the SaveAs window, select the "Save as type" as "web page", you have the option to select the entire workbook or worksheet, click on Publish, check the option "Open published webpage in browser" and click on Publish. ...

Messages saved by Thunderbird
I recently tried Thunderbird as my email client and decided instead to use Microsoft Outlook for email. Thunderbird changed all my .eml messages that were saved to my hard drive so as to open with Thunderbird. I uninstalled the Thunderbird program, and now when I try to open one of these saved messages, I'm asked for a program to open it with. Any advice as to which program I can chose to open them as Outlook messages? Thanks! Outlook doesn't open EML. You need to move them into OE/Mail/Live mail and then export to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outloo...

BROWSEINFO: set (pre)selected path
Hi together, in C++.net I can do the following in a FolderBrowserDialog for the user to change f.e. the workPath for an application: FolderBrowserDialog* di=new FolderBrowserDialog(); di->RootFolder = Environment::SpecialFolder::Desktop; di->SelectedPath=workPath; In an MFC project I can do the following: BROWSEINFO bi; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; // set root to user's desktop But I did not find any possibily to pre(select) the old workPath in then structure: typedef struct _browseinfo { HWND hwndOwner; LPCITEMIDLIST pidlRoot; LPTSTR pszDisplayName; LPCTSTR lpszTi...

OLE notes
Is there somewhere where I can set a preference on where OLE notes are stored for a company using GP 9. Right now, by default, the notes are stored in a folder on the desktop of Windows Servers 2003. Since I have multiple companies running, this is rather untidy. :-) More importantly, because of backup considerations, I want to set the default path to a location in the programs directory. To determine where OLE Notes are stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps: 1. Locate the dex.ini file in the folder where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed. 2. Double-click the dex.ini f...

path
Hi to all, I have a workbook called(test) with one single sheet (sheet1). This sheet (sheet1) is a summary sheet taken from 24 different books that has the names: g1a, g1b, g2a, g2b, .... , g24b. All of the workbooks has the same number of sheets and sheet names; I am using values form 2 sheets (Persoanl and constant) to be copied from each workbook. In the cells I see something like this: ='D:\newfolder\sample\[G1a.xls]Personal'!K60 ='D:\newfolder\sample\[G1b.xls]constants'!b7 ..... ..... The problem is that when I copy all the workbooks to another folder I will have a ...

Link Paths changing to UNC paths
We are hitting the limits of the available characters in the formulas of our application. We therefore cannot use UNC paths for links, instead using the drive designator e.g. G\ak\shared02.... to link to source data. Although the sheets are protected, there are occassions where for some reason the paths, which are hard coded are converting to the absolute path address e.g. telecom.tcnz.net. This of course, breaks the links in the application. We have moved the source data as close as possible to each workbook and reduced formula length by setting up extract files using 'values...

How to permanently save the Outlook 2003 toolbar settings?
I just upgrtaded from OL 2000 to OL 2003. I have a problem with the toolbars now: When I start OL there are three toolbars visible, the Standard and Advanced toolbars plus the "Norton Antispam Outlook Plugin" toolbar. I have another antispam program and so I have disabled Norton in its control panel, but the toolbar is still popping up in Outlook. If I uncheck it in the rightclick menu it goes away but after I close and then restart Outlook it is back again! I have in vain tried to locate a "Save Settings" button in Outlook 2003 in order to permanently get rid of the toolb...

XP Tries to install
Everytime I open an office application (outlook, excel, word, IE explorer etc ), i get a message saying that the computer is trying to install windows XP on my computer. I am running windows 2000 on my computer. I end up pressing cancel 10 times and then i go back to normal operation. Help ! Do i have a virus ? ...

Trying to get phone numbers to synch to Outlook Tasks
I have added the phone number field (tried business, home and mobile) to my task view in Outlook. However when I sysnch from CRM, the phone number for the contact doesn't get populated. I can see it when I view the Contact details. I am doing this because CRM doesn't have an Activity View for tasks, phone calls, appointments etc, that allows you to show the phone number in the View! Any ideas? I'm thinking I will just have to create an Activity Report since CRM doesn't ship with one. ...

Early Daylight Savings Time fix
Is there a downloadable fix to adjust for the early Daylight Savings Time this year? Thanks, sct Windows XP and Windows 2003 operating system http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/ If your operating system is Windows 2000 (read carefully as you could probably use this for older operating systems as well) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/ Outlook Calendar rebasing tool (Note: must take of operating system first before using this tool) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/ By the way, Vista/Outlook 2007 are a-okay. /neo PS - If you are working in a corporate Exchange envi...

Preventing Visio from merging connector paths
I have experimented and searched to the extent of my abilities and my patience and have found no answer to nor even a mention of this issue. When creating connections between shapes, Visio will merge similar paths by default. See the simple example below. ('O's are shapes) Formatted as it looks in this window: O┐ O ┌O ├──┤ O┘ O └O Formatted for pasting into Notepad (guaranteed to have correct spacing): O┐ O ┌O ├───┤ O┘ O └O The problem is that I have no idea by looking at it, which 'O' is supposed to be connected to which other 'O'. I can solve this by manua...

Excel slow on saving
Ever since downloading (28/09) Office 2003 Service Pack2 the larger Excel files have taken a while (some 10 seconds) before starting to save to disk. I have put this down to something in SP2 - although it may be coincidentally something more sinister. Has anyone else experienced this? Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions Spare a thought for moi, my excel 97 currently is using 40sec to over a minute to save. I have been offered links to investigate but no luck as yet. spam@uce.gov "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:dipa0t$vsn$1@ne...